• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Palatial Crest Apartments

Characters
Here
1517361292729.png

Kayleigh

As she got on the bus, she rustled around her purse for her phone. "Shit! I must've dropped it..I cannot afford another one right now...hopefully this new job pays good"

Kayleigh finally got off at her designated stop and looked for a cafe named 'The Saffron Sip' after a few minutes she noticed the cafe a block down, she began walking towards it a bit nervous.
She walked through the doors and the place was packed and it was only about ten in the morning. She took a big breath and walked toward the back of the cafe to what seemed to be the employee lounge. she walked through fixing her clothes in the mirror and her hair a bit worried about her first day but still hopeful.

((I'd like to point some thing out. I don't want to seem rude or pretentious though so I'm sorry if I come off like that. Cafes and tea rooms are actually very different. Most tea rooms serve "high tea" which is kinda really fancy. And cafes being more coffee oriented. Also I can tell you a bit more about what I had kind of came up with about the tea room, since I wasn't expecting anyone else to work there and am Kind of taken aback a bit.))

Fara Leis

Fara woke up with a sudden set just the moment when her buddy Hero had let out a loud bark, successfully pulling her out of sleep in an instant.
Was it already a new day? Had she fallen asleep in front of the computer again? Couldn't be healthy for the upper body...

Moments like this would happen from time to time but thankfully not too often. The struggle with insomnia made it hard for her to control when to fall asleep and also where. Pills probably wouldn't solve this issue anytime soon and she didn't want to begin using them either. That'll just mess her brain up even further, she thought.

Fara leaned back in her chair, stretching her arms out wide up, letting out a pained groan as she rubbed her neck with one hand.
"God, my neck..my shoulders, kill me.", she mumbled.
Another yawn escaped her lips before she slumped to her usual hunchback posture.

Ugh.. I'm too stiff to move right now.

Fara sighed and turned her attention towards Hero.
The friendly guy sat patiently in front of her while wagging his fluffy tail. He kept his tongue out of his mouth and stared straight back at her, as if to signify, 'I want my daily rubs and food now, please!'

Fara pulled her pained body out of the chair, turtle-style tempo, screaming soundlessly when a sharp pain ached her back muscles.
Hero barked once more with lower volume this time.
"Okay..okay, okay. Fine m'going...ugh."

Fara sighed and went into the kitchen to pour some dog food for him, thereafter to the washing sink, washing off the drool on her cheek. After her visit to the bathroom and a quick change into outdoor clothing, Fara grabbed hold of the dog leash and tightened it to Hero's collar before walking out with him, taking the keys and phone with her as well.

Locking the door, Fara took slow steady steps while walking down the stairs, gripping tightly upon the handles. Down to floor 3..

"Hero, where do you want me to take you today? The park as usual..?"

Hero responded by barking twice in an enthusiastic manner and perhaps a little too loudly. Fara shushed him quiet and internally hoped not to end up disturbing the entire floor because of the excitement from her big friend.
"Alright, I take it as a yes. Now shush. The park it is then. Please be quiet now."

She relaxed her expression and bend down, scratching him behind his ears while enveloping her arms around him, breathing out a soft sigh of relief. And so they stayed in that position for a few lenghty minutes. Hero for one, seemed delightfully content with her affection.

A good thing was that no one could be spotted in the halls at this time of the morning. She assumed that most of the residents had already gone out for work or school.
She wondered if Carlos had slept in like he did the day before. But if so, she would've surely have heard loud noises coming from within their apartment, most noticeably Catherine's yelling and sounds of a little kid whining to his mom.
The picture of it was funny enough to form a small smile upon her lips.

"Your so soft and lovely, you big boy, you..." She whispered to Hero, refusing to let go. A few more minutes again.
"Sorry that I can be so grumpy sometimes. I guess it's the feelings of hopelessness that overtakes my mind every now and then. I'm glad I have you to stay by my side. Life can become so..." Her sentence stopped abruptly without a proper finish when she felt unable find right words to fit her situation.
Hero seemed to understand her point and so he replied with a happy bark, echoing the halls. She had to shush him down further but kept her smile plastered.

Fara heard a quiet whoosh and distant foot steps and pulled herself off from him to stand up.
"Let's go before somebody comes."

Ines Reyes
Monday- 1600 Ines walked into her apartment, seeing the familiar sights. She made her way up to her floor and opened the door. Immediately, Anna and Leia pawed over to her.
"Hello kitties," seh said after setting her stuff down on a sofa, "Where's Erin?"
The other two gave her a look of confusion, and Ines decided to go around the apartment to look for the last kitten, "Erin!"
She ended up in the living room again, this time, her composure gone.
"I CAN'T FIND HER!" She raced out of the room and into the main hallway, "HAS ANYONE SEEN MY CAT!?!?!?!"

Around this time Mortimer would just be walking home. Since the The sip was only a little ways from the apartments he'd be there in a few minutes. Entering the building and climbing up the stairs to hear someone shout. He'd quickly march the rest of the stairs to see the woman. "Ma'am are you alright?" He'd ask with some concern and walk over but staying a few steps away seeing as she seemed panicked.

Around this time Mortimer would just be walking home. Since the The sip was only a little ways from the apartments he'd be there in a few minutes. Entering the building and climbing up the stairs to hear someone shout. He'd quickly march the rest of the stairs to see the woman. "Ma'am are you alright?" He'd ask with some concern and walk over but staying a few steps away seeing as she seemed panicked.

Ines looked at the neighbor, tears brimming in her eyes, "I...I can't find my kitten. She's black and fluffy and tends to run away from loud sounds."
She looked around the halls, "Have you seen her? She responds to Erin."

Mortimer thought for a quick second of his walk back to this point trying to think if he had noticed any cats. "I'm sorry I haven't seen her, do you want any help finding her?" It wasn't like he had any plans the rest of the evening so he'd be happy to help anyone out, especially in finding a loved pet. "Um, here." He went through his pockets and pulled out an unused napkin from work, holding it out to the woman so she could dry her tears.

Mortimer thought for a quick second of his walk back to this point trying to think if he had noticed any cats. "I'm sorry I haven't seen her, do you want any help finding her?" It wasn't like he had any plans the rest of the evening so he'd be happy to help anyone out, especially in finding a loved pet. "Um, here." He went through his pockets and pulled out an unused napkin from work, holding it out to the woman so she could dry her tears.
Ines took the napkin from him and wiped her eyes, "Thanks. I appreciate it."
She opened her apartment and immediately heard the crying of the two other kittens, "I'm going to look around in here and see if there's any way she could have escaped. Would you mind going around and asking people if they saw a kitten?"

A sigh left Anna's lips as she weaved around the diner, trays of food and drinks filling her arms as she delivered them to their tables. She flashed a sweet smile to her regulars, before heading back to the kitchen to grab the next order. A giggle left her lips as she heard the loud clicking of a familiar pair of Mary Jane's get closer and closer. She crouched down, scooping up her daughter. "I see you're on time to day Auggie." She placed the toddler onto her hip, pecking her chubby cheek.

August giggled, snuggling into her mother's grasp with a small nod of her head. "I got one last order baby, wanna serve it with me before we go?" The young girl nodded, her ponytail bouncing along. Anna grabbed the tray, carrying it out to table number six with a smile. "Now say the line baby." August gave a bright smile before nearly shouting. "Here you go sir! Enjoy!" Anna patted her daughter before going to the back room, collecting her stuff. She clocked out and left the diner with a tiny wave.

Mortimer nodded. "Sure thing." He turned to leave then stopped a second and looked back at the woman. "I'm sure she hasn't gotten far." He wanted to be as reassuring as possible before turning way again to begin the search. Walking down the stairs he started on the first floor, his thought being if the kitten was still on one of the above floors heading down he'd have to run into it eventually right? Scouring the floor for the kitten, calling out softly as to not startle her if she is nearby. "Erin? Eeeerin? Here kitty kitty."

Ines sighed in relief. Someone was going to help her find her baby. She walked into the apartment and started looking in the vents to see if Erin had shimmied through them. After three searches, she found no sign. She grabbed a flashlight and decided to head out and look through the apartments.
"Alright girls," she said to the other two, "I'm going to find your sister. I'll try not to kill her when I find her, okay?"
The two gave her a look of confusion.
"Okay," she said and headed out of the apartment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back