• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Palatial Crest Apartments

Characters
Here

Codebreaker

Do the monster mash...
Welcome to Palatial Crest Apartments

• This facility is enough to house one person, a couple, or just a...person...
    Rent: $530/month
    One Bedroom.png

Last edited:
Ines Reyes
Monday- 0700 Ines walked through her apartment silently, trying not to wake up her kittens and her neighbors. Her morning routine was simple enough: wake up, wash self, get dressed, eat breakfast, feed the kittens and go to work. It was going to be her first time not taking the three to work. She looked at the small playpen she had them in. They were snoozing against each other soundly, except that Leia's rump was right over Anna's face, and Erin was stuck under Anna. She smiled and headed to the restroom, washing up. She then walked to her room where she had her outfit prepared. She got dressed then returned to the kitchen just in time to hear the coffee machine beeping. She grabbed a mug she could take with her and prepared her drink. Then she grabbed some mixture of pancakes and got to work. After the first few pancakes were done, she heard silent meowing from the corner. She turned and saw the three kittens stumbling out of their sleep area.
"Morning sleepy kitties! I have your food for you!" she walked to the pantry and got their dry food. She poured a small portion into each one's bowl and put them on the floor, "Here you go!"
The kittens started eating up the portions and she went to the table to eat her pancakes. She sat herself down and realized that she had made too much food...again.
"Damn it, Ines," she cursed. She grabbed a few pancakes and put it on a plate, then put it on the floor for the kittens, "Here you guys go. A little treat."
She watched as Erin pawed over to the plate and smacked the pancake once. The way it jiggled scared her and she ran away with a whine. Anna was the next one to try. She sniffed it, gave it a lick and looked up at Ines with a look that said, Oh, this is real nice.
Leia followed after and Erin pawed back in the room, trying to copy her sisters. Ines smiled and finished her food. She washed the dishes and headed out, but not before giving a small kiss to her kittens.
"I'll see you lovelies after work!" she shouted to them before she closed the door. She entered the hallway and locked the door behind her.

Outfit for the Day
08b12877efd0fac0087cfcbba71ea881.jpg

Last edited:
The sound of squeaking sounded from the corner of the room. A low grumble rose from Mortimers chest. He didn't need to wake up for a few hours but a small someone was gonna interrupt that. Sitting up he ran his hands through his hair and sighed, continuing to grumble quietly to himself. He looked across the room, which was in a rather messy state, to a large cage. Inside was a few small felt hammocks, rodent wheel, a drip bottle and food dish. Mortimer stood walking to the cage, one of his blankets wrapped around his shoulders like a cape. "You can't let me sleep in, hm?" He'd whisper to the rat inside, which stopped running on the wheel to press his nose through the bars of the cage sniffing around. "Okay come on, might as well get along with the day."
Mortimer opened the door on the front of the cage and held his hand out which the rat then scampered up his arm and onto his shoulder. With his little companion on board he carefully walked out to the kitchen making sure to be extra quiet in case his roommate was still sleeping. He saddles up to the coffee machine and starts brewing a pot. While it gurgled and steamed he went to the shelf and made himself a bowl of corn flakes. Also grabbing a banana from the counter, he peeled it and chopped it up handing a slice to his little friend. Nosferatu grabed onto it with his tiny hands and nibbleed. Cornflakes in hand Mortimer walked to the dining room and sat at the table, Nos climbing down and continuing to munch his banana chunk. Mortimer looks at his buddy on the table as he puts a spoonful of cereal in his mouth. With a full mouth he says, "Some morning, huh bud?" The rat doesn't care, he has a banana and that's all that matters right now to him.
After finishing the bowl of cereal he walks back to the kitchen setting his dishes in the sink, with a very unneeded flourish he pushes back his blanket cape and washes his bowl and spoon before putting them back in the appropriate places. Going back into the dinning room he picks Nosferatu off the table and carries him to his bedroom. Holding the rat up to face level, his green eyes looking into the tiny black circles. He says in a hushed tone, "You're gonna be a good boy today, right?" The rats whiskers brushed against his nose while he sniffed the air making Mortimer scrunch his face up and laugh lightly. "I'll take that as a yes." He sets Nos back in his cage and shuts the hatch before getting himself dressed with whatever pair of pants happened to be on his floor and throwing on his worn combat boots. Before walking out once again he stopped to admire himself in the full length mirror fixed to the back of his door. He ran a hand through his hair ruffling his slightly curling auburn mohawk. With a satisfied grunt he exited his room walking across the living room, grabbing his denim vest and slipping it on. He pauses a moment to check the clock before opening the door to their apartment and stepping out into the hall.

The patter of tiny feet scampering across the wood floor had awaking Lawrence form his slumber. As he stirred he'd realized he had slept on another one of his paintings. This had been the second time in his life he had do this "Aaaahhh its ruined, and my suits ruined, this day couldn't get any better". As he finished his sentence his alarm went off from his bedroom blaring loud threw out the apartment. He got up grumbling to him self as he went to turn it off, navigating threw a maze of unpacked boxes and paint supplies he'd scattered across the living room. The scampering of foot steps followed him as his two pugs one black named dale, the other tan with black markings named chip had followed him into his bedroom. After hitting the button to turn the alarm off he walked on over to the washroom to wash up. Once he'd entered the washroom he'd would go fill the sink up full of water taking the stained clothes off and putting them into the sink to soak. After adding bleach from under the cupboard into the water he got in the shower to wash up. After a couple minutes fly by he came out from the shower he went straight to get dressed putting on a white dress shirt, back suit jacket, and tie along with dress pants and dress shoes both black in color. He sat on the bed as his two pugs jumped up next to him pondering in thought "Do i go out for breakfast again or actually get groceries this time." He pats both of the pugs heads. "I guess it can't hurt if i go out again and get some food out." He got up and went to the kitchen where the pugs ran over to the food bowl "I guess you two would like some breakfast to eh?" Reaching in the cupboard he pulls out some dog food and pours some of it into the food bowl for them. He placed it back into the cupboard" Alright you two behave." He walks out the door of his apartment closing it behind him standing there blanked out for for a second. "... I FORGOT MY KEYS!" He'd rushed back into his apartment grabbing the keys hanging off a the key rack "Sorry you two ill be back again." He closes the door locking it putting the keys in his pocket he walks down the hall hands in his pocket before running into a familiar figure.

Last edited:
That familiar figure happened to be none other than Mortimer, who had his head downcast to the floor as usual. He hummed some nonsense to himself as he walked, fingers twiddling at his sides anxiously. The 'running into' being quite literal as he'd run straight on with the other man. It knocked him back a few steps, flailing out his arms as to not tumble over. "Oh Jeez!" He said in alarm. A hand going to his chest and he took a deep breath startled by the impact.
He'd finally look up at the man after catching his breath. He didn't know the him very well other than a occasional 'Hello' in passing. He'd awkwardly paused trying to find his words. "I um... I'm sorry, completely wasn't paying attention, my fault." Being on the shorter side he'd have to look up at the fellow as he'd move off to the side slightly out of his way.

He took a second to realize what happened bouncing back a bit from the encounter "Oh sorry was lost in thought again. was thinking where i wanted to go eat." Even after his shower he'd smelled like he just used acrylic paint. "Are you ok? didn't hurt you or anything did i?" He seemed really concerned about the encounter. "Where are my manners i'm sorry my names Lawrence. I live in the apartment on this floor. "

Mortimer looked the man over cautiously. "I'm fine." He mumbled somewhat guarded and wary of the mans over concern. "I'm Mortimer, third floor." He looked around the hall as a wave of unease hit him. He put his hands behind his back, scratching the back of his hand anxiously with his extremely worn down nails. He cast his gaze down at the floor and looked at his own black leather boots, not wanting to make eye contact. Conversation and small talk were never one of Mortimer's strong points, especially during awkward encounters like these. So he preferred to stay silent and hope they pass.

"Mortimer is interesting name. Never heard anyone named that before." He smiled as he spoke. His stomach grumbled "Oh I forgot I was hungry. I guess I'll see you around Mortimer I'm heading out to get some food " he gave a small wave before heading to the stairwell walking down them to the first floor. He made his way outside closing his eyes taking in the sun. He took out a a pair of sunglasses placing the on his face as he walks off.

Mortimer merely nodded as he left. Once the man had gone he sighs rather loudly, partly out of relief and partly out of dissatisfaction. Why? He didn't know at the time. Speaking of time, he waited a few moments in the hall before making his own way down the stairs and out the front door of the apartment. Not wanting to look like he was following the man. He walked off in the opposite direction heading to the small nearby park.
Mortimer looked up at the early morning sky through the few trees and something that might be considered a smile crossed his face. Morning was his favorite time. He didn't see it often due to his habit of getting to sleep rather late at night or even early mornings. When he was awake for it, he relished every moment of it. Why did he like mornings so much? The especially early hours, the world is still asleep and the sun is just rising, leaving everything quiet and giving time to still rest before everything wakes up. It's a small privilege to watch everything rise. And although it was already later in the morning he was still satisfied. He took a seat under one of the larger tree gracing the park, sitting with his legs crossed, using this time to reflect. Closed eyes and calm breathing. He rested here until interrupted or the alarm on his phone told him to get ready for work.

2.png

Genevieve woke up much earlier than most in the complex and had left to pick up some necessary items for her apartment and shop and even a little something for her roommate. He had a slight interest in the occult and her work, so she thought it would be nice to offer some card reading lessons, and took a deck of cards with some ornate Lovecraftian-esque imagery. She was certain he would like it. After dropping off the supplies for her shop and taking the deck she went to her apartment. Genevieve wouldn't have to open for an hour or too and everything was . already set for her to do so. No need to arrive too early then.

As she entered the complex a soft mew was heard inside her bag. "Shhh Socks, hehehe we'll be home soon and you can have some more to eat." Her fingers parted the top of her bag and a small fluffy head poked out to see where it was and why it hadn't gotten any treats for being so good in the bag. The kitten mewed once more. "Soon little one" Genevieve giggled and scratched lightly behind sock's ears, a soft purr emitting form the previously crossed kitten.

Interacting: N/A
Mentioned: ClownPope ClownPope
Located: Entrance to Apartment complex; Calming down a crossed kitty

After a short while Lawrence ended up at a park. He sat at a park bench puling out a wrapped up sandwich from a plastic bag he recently got. Unwrapping the sandwich he took a bite and laid back a bit on the bench eat delightedly. "This is good, Thought i need to stop eating like this and get some real food." He looked over the sandwich sighing. "never really knew how tough it is to be on your own for once. till now" Taking another bite he wrapped it back up getting up from the bench strolling down the stone path till he caught a glimpse of the familiar figure. "Oh hey ! Mortimer!" He called to him waving his whole arm in the air.

Mortimer's eyes shot back open as he was interrupted from his trance. "Oh for crying out loud." He muttered to himself rather annoyed as he merely waved back. He quickly took out his phone to check the time, still had some free time left. Not wanting to seem rude Mortimer thought he might as well go over and say hello. Standing he'd walk over to the man. "Hello again Lawrence." He crossed his arms somewhat anxiously. "What brings you out here?"

Switching the plastic bag from his right hand to his left and approached him a little"I i just got some food and thought ill come out here in nature and eat with out being bothered." He sounded enthusiastic about it. "Nature is a great place to be i love it. the way the bird sing, the way the tress waves, even the sun is beatiful... sorry im rambling." He bows to him adjusting his tie around his neck some more. "what are you up to today?"

In contrast to Lawrence's zealous attitude, Mortimer spoke in a more calm and leisurely tone. "Oh, that's alright." His former defensiveness seeming to melt off. "I was just relaxing a bit before I have to get ready for work." His stance shifts slightly and he scratches the back of his head. "Then later tonight I have to run to the store. Usual errands and stuff, ya know." He looked up giving him some accidental strong eye contact. "And what about you?"

images

:hornstongue;Kayleigh :hornstongue;

images

68d66fecaaad5a8ad82ff56e9a2bdacd.jpg

Kayleigh rolled out of bed after hearing Bianca whine on the baby monitor, she sat up sliding her neon blue robe on and well as slippers and dragged her way into Bianca's room.
She lifted the infant out of its crib, which hushed the small cry. She snuggled her daughter tightly and as she fell back asleep she laid Bianca back in her crib and snuck out the room.
As Kayleigh entered back in her room she quickly began to get dressed for school she rummaged through her closet and pulled out a grey calvin Klein bralette, a blue and green plaid jacket and army fatigue pants with some black heels. She flat-ironed her hair after taking a long shower and brushing her teeth. She carefully applied her makeup and smiled at herself in the mirror satisfied with her appearance.

She quickly entered back in Bianca's room getting her dressed after feeding her. She grabbed her baby bag and put in her stroller then grabbed her putting her inside as well. Kayleigh grabbed her purse and keys making her way out of her apartment locking the door behind her. She grabbed her phone and looked at the bus schedule.

"The Next Bus Will be available in three minutes"

"THREE MINUTES?!" Kayleigh dropped her head in defeat, she knew she'd never make it to the bus in three minutes and any bus after would make her late to classes and she's already been floating on thin ice.

"I'm probably just going back to my apartment and either sleeping or I'll get back to work." He said "I'm a freelance artist, people ask my to paint things for them for a price, it's not the steadiest job but i like doing it." He had moved closer to Mort now siting on the grass in front of him pulling the wrapped sandwich out to eat again. "what do you do for work, i know i seen you walk around before the hall, i'm kinda curious." He takes a bite from the sandwich forgetting it was still wrapped up. He turns his head away to pulling the paper out not to gross Mort out as he unwraps his sandwich turning his attention to him chewing softly.

Mortimer nods slowly. "Well at least you're doing something you like right?" He decides to sit down as well, groaning slightly. His knees popped as he sat. "I'm just a waiter at the tea room about a block away. Um...The Saffron Sip." He plucks a few blades of grass, absentmindedly pulling them apart. "Serving tea to old ladies and the occasional group of girls. Bitties tip well though if you let them talk to you about their grandkids or tell you about their day and what not." He chuckles lightly kind of looking off in the distance. "They just want someone to listen to them and talk to ya know?" He brushes his hands off on his vest and looks back at Lawrence. "But that's what I'm good at, so I'm told, myself I'm not so sure."

1517335741227.png

:hornswhistle:Kayleigh:hornswhistle:

Kayleigh rushed to the elevator pressing the button to the main floor.
After a couple seconds she finally reached the main floor she rushed out speed walking towards the bus stop, but as she approached the park a few feet away she noticed the bus pulling off
"Shit! Just great!" Kayleigh groaned

She sat on a near-by bench in the park where she spotted a couple other people, she faced Bianca steering her towards herself.
"What am I going to do?" Kayleigh fumbled with her cell phone checking the time for the next bus

"The Next Bus Will be available in one hour and forty-five minutes"

"Dammit! They're definitly going to fail me if I don't get to school in the next twenty minutes" As Kayleigh was figuring out what to do Bianca begin to cry.

Kayleigh looked at her with sorrow in her heart
"I know you're hungry baby. I can only give you a little bit right now, I don't have any money to get you any more until tomorrow..."
Kayleigh grabbed a Gerber's cheese puff and gave it to her which seemed to calm her for the moment.

"The Saffron Sip sounds kinda fancy, must pay good and keep you busy, and yeah that's good people love to talk." He looked at his wrist for a couple seconds ".... i forgot my watch great," He gets up now dusting his pant legs off putting the sandwich back in it's wrapping. "Well i shall not keep your from your work, you have a good day Mortimer i'll see you around the building." He waves to him starting to walk down the path towards the apartment again.

1517335741227-png.394357

:hornswhistle:Kayleigh:hornswhistle:

Kayleigh made her way back to her apartment dropping the baby off at a close neighbors and rushed and changed her clothes for work she rushed out the building bumping into a man knocking her purse down. Sluper Sluper

"Damn, I'm so sorry. I didn't even see you" Kayleigh sighed as she picked up her belongings from in front of the building

"I should look where I'm going next time"​

He looks at her "Its alright we all have those moments." He nods to her "I just had a run in with some one from this apartment not to long ago." He held his hand out to her "my name is Lawrence i live on floor 3."

A small grin crosses his face followed by a brief moment of panic as he quickly stood up stumbling a little. "Uh hey wait um.." He'd start to stutter anxiously. "I was wondering...wondering.." He quickly quieted, shoulder slumping defeatedly. He didn't feel like he should continue the conversation after it was finished. Shoving his hands into his pockets he walks around the two back into the apartment. His feet shuffling rather heavily as he trudged back up the stairs. "Idiot." he mumbles to himself, his eyebrows furrowed and mouth turned into scowl.

1517345113860.png

:xFwink:Kayleigh:xFwink:

She takes his hand
"I'm Kayleigh...I'm on the 4th. I just moved in a couple weeks ago with my Daughter Bianca and I guess you must be special."

Kayleigh groaned at herself God that was so lame Kayleigh

"I'm sorry, I'm in such a rush to catch this last bus for school and work..um- hopefully I see you around Lawrence..."

Kayleigh smiled at him walking away giving him a grin and wave as she looked back, speeding up to catch the bus.

Not noticing she had forgotten to grab her phone as it was still lying on the ground where she had bumped in Lawrence.​

"Hey you forgot your.... and your gone." He picks the phone and walks over to the front desk "If that girl comes back can you give this to her. thank you" He walks away to his apartment. Unlocking the door and heads in side and slumps on the couch taking out his sandwich as he unwraps it taking a but as she pugs come in sit next to him "Oh hey you guys have you been good?" they wag their tails as he says that looking at the sandwich. "No no not for you sorry." He takes another bite

Mortimer enters his shared apartment and immediatly just drops onto the couch. He crosses his arms over his face sulking for a moment. Taking a deep breath he gets back up walking to his room and immediately going to his closet. Might as well get ready for work now rather than to even indulge the idea of moping around. After rearranging a few hangers he pulled out his work clothes and set them on the bed. Nosferatu watching with his usual curiosity from his cage. Taking off his shirt he glances at the mirror a moment, a hand going up to his chest and touching the scar that ran under each of his pecs. He frowns and throws his shirt across the room, hitting the wall behind his bed it makes a dissatisfying soft 'twump' before dropping over his pillow. He goes out to the bathroom and leans over the counter to the mirror taking out all his piercings and putting clear plastic ones in their place. He'd then get into the shower and wash himself before getting out, drying off and going back to his room. Putting on his work clothes, a stark contrast to his usual wardrobe, and slipping his phone into his pocket he'd leave his room and exit the apartment. Back out into the hall.
ghj.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back