• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Paint Tool Saï?

Wyosch

The Demonic Wolf
Hi there fellow artists!

I'm a digital and traditional artist, and I mostly use Microsoft Paint and Autosketch to draw digitally.
Though Autosketch is a really good program, I've been looking for Paint Tool Saï literally everywhere.
If I do seem to find it, it's on a virus infested page lol.

That's why I wanted to ask all of you who use Paint Tool Sai, or those who have heard of it, where you got it from? Do you have to buy it somewhere? Download it? If so, where?

Thanks in advance! :D

paint tool sai is a drawing program that you have to buy, there is a trial period of about 30 days but after that you have to pay the full price wich is 5400 yen(which is about 50 dollars).

there are places you can torrent the program illegally cause its been around for about 10-ish years but i dont really feel like its my place to link to illegal torrent sites sooo here is the link to where you can buy it
SAI

on the other hand Krita is a free and pretty decent drawing program you can try out if sai is to expensive for you at the moment

paint tool sai is a drawing program that you have to buy, there is a trial period of about 30 days but after that you have to pay the full price wich is 5400 yen(which is about 50 dollars).

there are places you can torrent the program illegally cause its been around for about 10-ish years but i dont really feel like its my place to link to illegal torrent sites sooo here is the link to where you can buy it
SAI

on the other hand Krita is a free and pretty decent drawing program you can try out if sai is to expensive for you at the moment

Thank you for your help, I'll check both Krita and the link to Sai out ^^

Hope you manage to get your hands on Sai. I found that there's a world of difference when you're doing lineart on it, even compared to photoshop. The only reason why I'm not using it now is because it's not so compatible with display tablets, which is a shame because I'm missing those smooooooth lines.

Just a note: If you manage to source a legitimate copy (with the license code) I heard that you can use that code to try out Sai 2 as well? I haven't tried yet though, so I'm a bit iffy on the details . Good luck and happy drawing~

Hope you manage to get your hands on Sai. I found that there's a world of difference when you're doing lineart on it, even compared to photoshop. The only reason why I'm not using it now is because it's not so compatible with display tablets, which is a shame because I'm missing those smooooooth lines.

Just a note: If you manage to source a legitimate copy (with the license code) I heard that you can use that code to try out Sai 2 as well? I haven't tried yet though, so I'm a bit iffy on the details . Good luck and happy drawing~
Thank you, I hope so too. I've seen that the blending tool is much better than the one I'm using right now. And just all those extra pencils and everything *drooling* :3 I don't have photoshop so I can't really say anything to that. ^^'

Oh, sounds good. I don't think I'll buy Sai that soon though, I only recently bought Autodesk Sketchbook for 30 Dollars :3

I dunno which program you're using right now, but many of them will allow you to create your own brushes / pencils / pens if you haven't already tried that out.
Not sure about autodesk sketchbook (never heard of it) but there may be tutorials if the program is popular enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back