Video Games Overwatch Uprising Event Tip

Naxtaroth

The Raven
**Spoiler Warning**
This post contains information on the Overwatch Uprising event. If you haven't played it yet and wish to experience the event firsthand, then don't read any further.

So, if you haven't played the All Heroes mode of Uprising as Sombra, I highly suggest doing so. Get someone like Bastion for your second dps (shred them Null Sector baddies), Mercy for your heals (that sweet sweet res) and Orisa for your tank (more sweet sweet omnic shredding) and you'll be well on your way to victory on any difficulty.

"Why Sombra", you ask? Well, my friends, that's because in Uprising PvE mode, Sombra's hack essentially works like a McCree flash bang in that the Null Sector omnics are both immobilized and can't shoot, in addition to removing the abilities, i.e. the shields of Eradicators.

I think you can see where this is going. Basically, as Sombra, your job will be to try to hack Eradicators, Detonators, Bastions, and OR-14s. Then, it's up to your team to focus fire the various targets that you hack. With Bastion, Orisa, and Sombra all going to town on the hacked enemy, they'll definitely be dead before the hack removes itself, especially in combination with Orisa's damage boost ultimate and Mercy giving her damage boost to someone.

The order of hacking importance for the units would be Eradicators on the lowest end. With a bastion, those shields will be shredded quickly anyways, so if there is anything else to hack, do those instead of the Eradicator. Really, the only time Eradicators will be hacked are in the hacking stages, and the first minute of defending the payload. After that, you'll have more important targets to hack. Next up are the Detonators, replaced by OR-14s once the payload has reached its destination. While defending the payload, keeping Detonators as far away as possible is the best idea. If hacked within the first couple seconds of them spawning, the chances of them moving even an inch is small, since as I said before, they'll be dead before the hack even wears off. Then, you have bastion units. Whether in tank or sentry mode, the bastion units are your main priority. While they're busy shooting at a teammate, go in for the hack, then your team will focus fire them before any more damage can be done. Sure, Detonators are bad for the payload and OR-14s are the final objective, but those bastion units, if left unchecked, will absolutely shred your team, with exceptions being on the final point in a couple cases.

Up until now, I haven't even mentioned her ultimate. Well, I like to save the best for last. Her ultimate in this mode is so OP, I'm honestly wondering if Blizzard was thinking when they made the hacking ability stun them in place. EMP in Uprising is essentially an AOE flashbang. It's great for when multiple big enemies or multiple Eradicators are present.

So, you're defending and a Detonator AND a Bastion just spawned in at once? Easy. Teleport in, use your ultimate, focus the Bastion, and then in the last second or two of your EMP, hack the Detonator so that it stays in place long enough for your team to focus it too. This won't be a viable strategy in all situations, because though her ultimate charges quite quickly while shredding down the omnic hordes, Bastion and Orisa doing so much damage compared to Sombra means that it won't charge quickly enough for you to have your ultimate every single time a Detonator or Bastion spawns.

Since (at least comparing Normal and Hard modes, haven't played higher), the spawning is pretty consistent, I've come up with a system for when I like to use Hack vs. EMP:
-During the hacking stages, basically use it whenever there's a big group of em to hack, with an Eradicator in the middle.
-Once defending, just use normal hack on the first Detonator and save EMP for the second detonator that spawns, as it comes in closer, with a bunch of other Null Sector omnics surrounding it.
-The first two Bastions should just be normal hacked, though you can get away with an EMP on the first Bastion.
-The next two Detonators spawn with a Bastion alongside them. Personally, I always save EMP for the second spawn. You can, however, use it on whichever one you wish. Basically, when you don't use EMP, hack the Bastion first, focus it, and then worry about the Detonator. If worse comes to worse, just use Orisa's shield to negate the damage of the Detonator.
-After this, I do not use EMP at all while the payload is moving. There are only 4 spawns that need hacked, and they're all one at a time. If you do use EMP, I'd use it on the first or second spawn. With the tank Bastions, make sure you hack them in line of sight of the payload, where Bastion and Orisa will most likely be stationed. Here's the 4 spawns that come in this section:
-A tank Bastion spawns almost as soon as you make it through the arch with the payload.
-After the payload starts moving and you get all the way to the shop corner, a Detonator spawns behind you near the arch.
-At the next turn, a tank Bastion will spawn.
-At the next turn, another tank Bastion will spawn.
-Now, here's why I always save EMP. I always always engage the first OR-14 with EMP, because there's also a bastion on the side. This is the one situation where OR-14 focused first, and then have the team focus the Bastion. Essentially what EMP does here, is it immobilizes the Bastion so you can take out the OR-14 in peace. My method for this is usually as soon as the door is blown, to throw a teleporter into the middle of the path as far as you can, wait a second or two for the OR-14 to come front and center, then teleport in and EMP. Then, I actually let my team focus the OR-14 down while I begin chipping at the Bastion. Once this is done, I hack the Bastion so the team can focus it.
-The next OR-14/Bastion spawn is reversed. This time, you'll want to hack and have the team focus down Bastion before the OR-14, as I mentioned earlier in the order if importance.
-After the 2nd OR-14 is defeated, hang back with your team to take care of the tank Bastion that spawns behind you.
-Teleport up to the little tunnel that you can sneak onto the final point from. There will be a Bastion outside the left "Attacker's spawn", but ignore it. This is where using EMP to engage the first OR-14 comes in handy, because you should now have EMP once again. Jump down behind the two OR-14 units and use EMP. This should, if you go over far enough, also get that Bastion I mentioned to be stunned long enough that he won't be able to really do much once the hack ends. Focus down one OR-14 at a time, making sure to hack the last one as soon as the first is down. Should be easy pickings, just make sure you're out of view of the Bastion when trying to hack, as it could possibly damage you, resulting in you being unable to hack the last OR-14.

Hopefully you can employ these strats in your own Uprising games, and I wish you all the best of luck! Sadly, the difficulty achievements only count for the Rein, Mercy, Tracer, and Torb version of the game, not the Any Heroes version, so you can't use this to get the "beat at ____ difficulty" achievements. Still a fun strat to try. I've successfully employed it in Hard mode, but I personally have yet to try Insane or Legendary difficulties. If this strategy succeeds on those, please, reply here and let me know. Would be great to find out my master plan worked haha.

Tata for now, and happy gaming!
~Nax

Why use Sombra when you could go with Bastion, Winston, Mercy/Zenyatta and Orisa. That way, you have double turrets, double shields, and Zen's discord to kill the OR-14's and destroy the detonators in 2 seconds flat.

Extra: Winston can make quick work of slicers while Orisa and Bastion can guard each of the sides while Zen uses discord on enemy bastions, detonators, and other special units.

Hmm, interesting interesting. I personally find that the slicers are never really that big of a deal, then again, maybe they do more damage to the cart at higher levels and are a bigger threat. Still, Orisa's barrier, being more curved than Reinhardt's, is great to plop down on the ground in front of the payload to defend. Once it's moving, gotta keep vigilant on the areas where her shield can't protect, but I find that between Orisa and Bastion, Slicers are usually never an issue.

And I'd say you could just as easily run Bastion, Sombra, Zen, and Orisa, you'll just be forfeiting resses and superior healing in favor of discord. Zen's ult is still great though in tight situations. I personally am more akin to running 2 dps, a tank, and a healer for this mode, which is why my lineups usually reflect such. However, with the Orisa/Bastion combo, I do believe that does warrant the ability to have another tank since Orisa could technically count as DPS.

I've already spent 25 dollars trying to get that mercy skin. I swear to god if I don't get it I will break something. On the bright side I've got the new tracer and Orisa skin I guess.

I bought 100 loot boxes (like I do every event) and I've got most of the legends and all of the epic skins + 8k coins. Anything I don't open from loot boxes, I'll buy on the last day of the event with coins :P I'm pretty sure Blackwatch Genji is the only skin I really have left (I could be wrong though)

latest

I play D.Va on this and I can usually charge my ult in time for the second hack at which point it's bye bye Null Sector, hello New Mecha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back