• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overwatch: Revival

brimythesithlord

"How fragile a life is..."
Timestamp: April 04 2078 07:26:03

About 15 miles from the limits of the City of Brotherhood, a large building complex stands in the middle of what seems to be nowhere. The nearest residential area is 8 miles away, and the metal campus shines like a jewel in the dirt. The complex is quite impressive, complete with multiple training courses. The people that occupy it are moving about with haste, and every uniform and building bears the same familiar symbol of Overwatch. As the employees make preparations for the launch of the recreated organization, three veterans wait patiently for the new arrivals: agents that have been pulled from all over the world for their talent and devotion to protecting the world from corruption, greed, and hatred.

Luke Ressington - Nyx

"Cat Got Your Tongue?"
c8b60cd6e0a35a4109848069fb19a4a7-jpg.293951

STATUS
[ I wait now? ]
MOOD
[ Content ]
TAGGED
[ anyone ]

"Oh man, look at this place, it's in the middle of nowhere," he moaned as he rubbed his hands against his sides as he stared out the window of the black suv Luke was currently in. "How am I supposed to get my goods? I'm not walking for miles to so that," the panther moaned as his eyes caught the glint of the building in the vastness.

"Thank you sir," he bowed forward slightly as he jumped out, he didn't enjoy being couped up, taking a backpack from the seat next to him, he swung it over his shoulder, he wasn't dressed up at all, no need to be right? Hopefully this place would be ok on the first day and not require his 'thieving' outfit. Sighing Luke walked inside the building and admired it's design before noting exits, hiding places, places to spy, sleep, anything he'd find useful from. "Delightful," Luke said but otherwise headed for the complex where 3 people were standing.

He was the first one here. "Ahh, I'm on time for once," Luke stretched his back in a very abnormal way before waiting for others to appear.

Code by Aukanai Aukanai

♢Sage Tekad♢

Well, this was it. Sage waited patiently for the car to come to a stop. She was surprised that the taxi was willing to bring her all the way here. After all, the road itself had disappeared quite awhile back. But she was grateful regardless of what the reasoning was. She gave the man a healthy tip for his trouble as she exited the car. She had a large mechanical looking suitcase in one hand, a roller, and a small duffle bag in the other.

The building was extremely large, which she appreciated. Sage operated very well in vast open places. She was dressed lightly, not donning her armor, in some simple jeans and a long sleeved T-shirt with a vest over top. She walked, following the mental map she had memorized from the email she was sent.

Eventually she saw them all in the distance, not recognizing exactly who the veterans were off the top of her head. But she knew they were important. Sage gave them all a polite nod, followed by a relaxed, "Hello." She was more excited than she seemed. Though she was not here to prove herself but to protect and serve. She was eager to learn even more here.

This is a curious facility, the architecture is unlike everything I've ever seen before. Hmm... More people? I thought I'd be alone. He got out of the small car that he was being driven in, the man in the driver's seat had a very uncomfortable look on his face. "Thank you kindly for driving me here sir, I hope you have a nice day. And be sure not to get the plague!"

He walked through the large doors of the building, and stopped to admire the interior design, he had strange a love for beauty, despite living a chaotic and destructive lifestyle before signing up to join overwatch.

mood | excited
mentions | merp

Bird had arrived late. The taxi she had gotten into decided to go the long way to the facility, and then conveniently break down halfway in the middle of no where. The omnic could tell the driver was giving her odd looks, but she was restraining herself from making cutting remarks. In her brief time existing, there was one thing she had learned - humans never changed their ways. Of course, when she got out of the cab and slung her bag over her shoulder, the taxi 'miraculously' fixed itself, and the driver turned to speed off back towards the city. That left another two or three miles to walk on foot. Not that Bird was not used to walking. Rather, her journey from Nepal all the way to the USA left her rather shook. It felt surprisingly nice to have her feet back on the ground again, moving on their own.

It was incredibly nice of the monks to sponsor her joining Overwatch, and the trip it took to get here. They had mentioned something briefly about another monk who had left prior to her arriving, but insisted that if it was for self-discovery, they were all for her decision. It wasn't like their teachings didn't rub off on her, as well. For the whole week or so she had been coming to know the world, a good majority of that time had been spent up on the mountain. There was still much for her to learn, she knew, but she also knew she couldn't learn by staying in one place all the time.

So, stepping into the building at last, Bird looked about, taking in the others who had arrived before her. It was an... odd collection, to say the least. But still, there looked to be a lot of promise in everyone, or so Bird would like to think the monks would say. She shook her head, in a metaphorical way of chasing off the thoughts. Mind in the present, Bird! You'll have time to think about them when you're not being expected somewhere. "Hello everyone!" she greeted in a chipper yet noticeably synthetic voice, looking to each present person in turn.

crafted by wheat
with minor changes by Noivian

Marina stepped out of the taxi that pulled up to the headquarters and looks at the main office, her eyes twinkling with excitement. She had a joyful smile on her face as she carried her bags towards the campus. Marina certainly wasn't what you might call "average": her blonde and white hair definitely stood out against her dark complexion, her smile was about two miles wide, and her bright red jumpsuit made her easy to spot in a crowd. Nevertheless, she took pride in the things that made her different.

When Marina arrived at the Overwatch base of operations, she saw three other people as well as the three veterans inside. She got even more excited as she couldn't wait to meet the people that she would be working next to. She walks into the building and waved at the group. "Olá! Are you the new recruits too?" She had a vibrant aura around her and her melodic voice conveyed that well.

One of the three veterans, Lena Oxton, leaned against a wall and smiled as one by one, the new arrivals showed up. Her partners, John Morrison and Dr. Angela Ziegler, stood up straight next to her. John raised an eyebrow at the Brazilian girl waving at them, but Lena laughs and waves back. "Yeah, come on over! We're just waiting on the others!"

Angela showed some interest in the short Omnic as well as the strange-looking doctor. She walks over to Bird and smiles sweetly. "Hello there. My name is Angela, what's yours?"

Last edited:

Luke Ressington - Nyx

"Cat Got Your Tongue?"

STATUS
[ Curiouser and curiouser ]
MOOD
[ playful/curious/mysterious ]
TAGGED
[@brimythesithlord ]

Luke turned as the numerous amount of people appeared, well not that many. There were mostly omnics, a black girl with dazzling hair and a male. He wasn't anti-omnic, no not at all, he embraced it very much and enjoyed talking to them, he loved them.

The three in front were 1. Poster Boy Morrison, 2. Angela Zieglar the nurse and last but not least, the other British and time turner Lena Oxton. He chuckled at the 3 before watching the few interact with the others. Luke sighed as he stretched his whole body out and kept an eye on everyone but his gaze kept going to the black girl with practically white hair. What an unusual mix?

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this? " Luke asked from a distance from the girl, then he began walking towards her like an animal for his prey. But he was playing a game, nothing serious just a bit of banter and the playfulness in his voice portrayed that well.
"My name is Luke," was all he said, hand held out in front of him towards the girl, a charming smile on his face and a hint of mischeviousness in his eyes. Luke's accent was very thick and he bowed his head as a greeting towards her. His bright blue eyes definitely too bright for a human face, the panther was curious and much like its domestic counter part, wanted attention every now and then but kept itself elusive and mysterious.

Code by Aukanai Aukanai

mood | excited
mentions | brimythesithlord brimythesithlord

Turning to the new arrival, Bird was surprised she wasn't the last to arrive. Of course, due to Bird's design, she always looked like she was smiling, but if she could, she would have chosen this moment to start smiling. Hello! she greeted the other late arrival, about to go speak with her, but paused when the veteran, the nurse, came over to talk to her. Bird would have made a face of surprise if she could have. "Oh, greetings!" the omnic said, trying not to repeat her same greeting. When the veteran asked about her name, Bird shifted slightly, unsure how to respond. "My designation is F-382-P, but everyone just calls me Bird," Bird responded. "It's nice to meet you, Angela."

crafted by wheat

Marina runs over to the crowd and sets down her bag, a rifle case draped over her shoulder. She smiles as the dark-haired male walks up to her, noticing that he was being very nice to her. She admired the man's hospitality but she was confused by him calling her pretty. "Hey, I'm Marina! It's nice to meet you, Luke! I'm here to join Overwatch, like you!" She shakes his hand and bows her head also. Marina's accent wasn't as thick as his, but one could definitely tell that she was from South America. She notices the brunette woman and smiles, waving energetically at her.

Meanwhile, Angela nods and brushes her platinum blonde hair from her face. "Likewise, Bird. I am the head of the the Support Training Department, I'm also the head doctor of the medbay. You remind me of Zenyatta, one of the chaplains. He's also one of my assistants."

John walks over to the brown-haired girl and looked down at her, crossing his arms. Though it was evident that he wasn't very young, he was still very well built. "And who might you be?" He said to her, his voice gravelly and deep. The soldier wasn't quite sure what was with the woman that interested him. Whatever it was, John had taken a bit of a shining to her.

The odd man dressed in an outfit like that out of a movie set during the dark ages looked curiously around the room, he saw that many of the people were talking to each other and decided it was best that he let someone speak to him before trying to make a first impression. It had been a while since he had been accepted as a functioning member of society, but after months of therapy he was ready to start over. He walked nervously towards the crowd of people and waited for someone to notice him...
(Basically one paragraph can be summed up in one sentence: "look at me look at me look at me!)

(It kinda works out because I also forgot about Tracer)
Lena stared at the new doctor, then walks over to him and holds out her hand with a friendly smile. "Hiya! My name is Lena, I'm an Offense operative. And what's you name? I love your costume, by the way!" She might have been a bit rude, but she didn't mean to. Doctor Doom--at least that was what she labeled him as in her mind--was sort of mysterious. In a cool way, of course

♢Sage Tekad♢

She watched as the others conversed in silence. Sage couldn't help but feel a bit out of place. But that could be an after effect of her time spent as a mercenary. She had proper communication skills, but wasn't a socialite in the least. I was good to see that she would be working with positive people at least. Well, some positive. Others seemed outright strange. She reasoned that as long as they were all here as a benefit to the group as a whole that it didn't really matter.

It was then that she almost immediately noticed one of the Veterans walking towards her. She straightened up a bit more, force of habit. Seeing him up close she definitely recognized him. But she figured he already knew that she knew. That or he was used to people trying to kiss his ass, say they were a big fan...etc. Whether all that was true or not, Sage decided that she would rather show her admiration by her actions and overall respectful attitude. She gave him a formal nod. "My name is Sage Tekad. It's nice to meet you sir." She raised her hand for him to shake, confident yet humbled.

××Interacting with brimythesithlord brimythesithlord [John morrison]××

mood | excited

The omnic nodded, taking in the veteran's words. At the name, however, she tilted her head. "Zenyatta?" she echoed the name, as if rolling it around in her metaphorical mouth. Then, things seemed to click. The monk that had left the monastery prior to her arriving must have been him! "I have not met Master Zenyatta, but I have heard great things of him, where I'm from. I'd look forwards to meeting him one day, if it's not too much to ask," Bird shuffled her feet nervously, shoving her mechanical hands into the pockets of her jeans. Today she wore her usual black gravaton boots, with jeans tucked into it and a t-shirt over top. It didn't look like much, but it entirely encompassed her style these days, and also served as what she wore going into battle. In a sense, the omnic was ready to do whatever at the moment.

crafted by wheat

"Huh? My name? I go by the name 'the Doctor' but this associated with my criminal background, so I'd rather you call me James instead." He had a very British accent, much like Jena's, but his voice was more calm and lower pitched, tilting towards the monotone side. This must be the one who flew the slipstream, I've heard about her. It's a miracle she's still alive. brimythesithlord brimythesithlord

John sees her straighten up and nods, liking what he sees. It was about time someone around here showed a little bit of discipline, he thought to himself. "John Morrison, Overwatch commander of then and now. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sage. And you can just call me John for now, we'll deal with formalities later." He shakes her hand, admiring her professionalism.

Lena laughs and says in a mocking and yet playful voice, "So, how did Doctor Doom find his way to Overwatch? I'm sorry, that's all the fun I'll poke at you, I swear. Teehee..." "Cut it out, Lena. You need to get serious or the recruits will learn to slack off. Besides, we're about to start the tour." John barks at her from a distance.

Angela blinks as the omnic refers to her assistant as "master". "Oh! You are a omnic monk, too? No wonder you two look so alike." She chuckles before continuing. "He should be thrilled to know that you will be serving alongside him. Well, as thrilled as he can get."

♢Sage Tekad♢

She smiled, giving another nod after they had shaken hands. She was a tad surprised he had asked for her to call him by his given name. But it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. "Well, it's nice to officially meet you then John. I'm looking forward to working with you all." She paused for a moment, watching him scold another veteran from a distance away. "All of you will be giving the tour then?"

××Interacting with brimythesithlord brimythesithlord [John morrison]××

mood | nervous

Bird gives the electronic equivalent of a nervous laugh. "No, no... uh..." How did she go about explaining this...? "I was... taken in by the same group of monks Master Zenyatta comes from. Referring to any of them with the title Master is second nature at this point. But I'm not actually a monk myself." Bird had almost slipped up and claimed that the monks has 'raised her', despite that term only really being used on humans. Omnics were not born, they were made, and were made knowing how to fully function on their own. The only way one could possibly raise an omnic would be to first kill the programming inside one and substitute it with a new program. Bird knew there were laws in certain places against such practices...

Regardless, Bird had been taken in and 'raised' by the omnic monks, for all intents and purposes, despite how short her period of faux childhood was. Being 'raised' under their regime meant Bird might as well be a monk herself, despite not actually being an official member. Much of her daily life mirrored theirs, to the point where it was the only thing she knew how to do in her free time. Sure, Bird had seen many other activities while wandering the village outside the monastery, but none of them she did enough to do them on her own without guidance. Hence why she mostly meditated.

"As for the looking alike, I can't exactly explain that. It's not that I don't want to," Bird quickly waved away suspicion, "but simply that I don't know how. I'm a prototype, so perhaps I was supposed to be similar in style to Master Zenyatta and the other monks? No one talks about it much..." ... mostly because the other monks didn't seem to mind or care, but Bird didn't want to be talking too much.

crafted by wheat

Luke Ressington - Nyx

"Cat Got Your Tongue?"

STATUS
[ Milling around with Marina ]
MOOD
[ Curious/happy/charming ]
TAGGED

Luke chuckled at the girl. "A compliment doesn't hurt every now and then, besides you don't give off the aura of where you swing lady, any other woman would be completely flustered at the first approach," Luke had spent years reading people, learning things, it wasn't hard to do and besides with a life like his, you either lived or died by it. "Let me get this straight, I'm only here because I was supposedly instructed to, I wouldn't voluntarily join up, I'm just not all good you know? I've done things that'd make you cry at night," he gave a smile, keeping the conversation light-hearted. He was a thief and found the Japanese who took him in a trained him, they wanted him here to do good, not steal and kill. Shame.

"Marina, cool name, anyhow if you see a large black panther roaming about, be careful, my pet will approach you first," Luke wanted his other half to remain under wraps, the only people knowing where the 3 Veterans. Luke gave a charming smile before looking at the case on the floor. "You work with rifles? How old are you?" the panther questioned but was already forming plans, anyone who worked with rifles, was easy targets but this was his ally and she didn't look like a bad egg.

Code by Aukanai Aukanai

Marina maintains her smile and shrugs, not seeming fazed by the dark-haired man. When she was really excited she would show her bilingual skills without wanting to. "Trust me, <dude>, you're not the first to say such a thing. I'm just not the kind of girl who likes men. I mean, I do have friends who are boys, but I don't feel attracted to males, no offense. And I'm sure you must have done some scar things in your time, but that doesn't matter here. It's a new chapter in our lives, what's in the past is in the past."
She nods cheerfully, brushing her hair from her face. "Oh, you have a panther? <What's his name?> " Marina picks up the case and smiles proudly, unzipping it and producing a minimalistic bolt action rifle. "Yeah, this is <my baby>. I'm twenty-one years old, I invented this rifle a few months ago. I call her the Mk.2 Tigress, she's 70% 3D printed material, costs about $50 to manufacture minus the micro CPU. Lightweight design, polyurethane body, steel-aluminum alloy barrel. Top-loading clip-fed receiver chambers a 7.62x39mm round, integrated holographic/iron hybrid sight, effective at 700m, smart muzzle brake means no need for ear protection. Oh, and it had some computer bits in the butt so it can sync with any NATO-standard heads up display." She says all of this rather fast, seeming to get incredibly excited about her inventions. She takes a deep breath and pants a little, putting the rifle away and draping the case over her shoulder. She looked a bit embarrassed by her babbling. "Sooo yeah."

John glances at Lena as she giggles and waves her arms around. "Well, Lena was supposed to help me but she doesn't seem fit to lead anything right now. So, I guess Doc and I will. Okay, everybody listen up!" He barked again, loud enough for everyone to hear. "Hello, new arrivals, and welcome to the Overwatch headquarters. My name is John Morrison, but you will refer to me as either Soldier: 76 or 'sir'. I was the commander of the old Overwatch, and I am the commander of the present day Overwatch. You may already know Miss Lena Oxton, you may call her Tracer; as well as Doctor Angela Ziegler, you may call her Doctor Ziegler at the base, or Mercy in the field. We have other Overwatch veterans here that you will meet later; if you need assistance for any reason, you may go to them for guidance.
"Let me be frank: this may be the most important step that you take in your life. Working with Overwatch is no easy task. You will have to go on missions, train, learn new tactics, and hunt after known criminals and terrorists. However, all of the veterans present are here to help you succeed. I'll now give you a tour of our headquarters. You can either leave your luggage here or take it with you on the tour, but keep in mind that the complex is quite large. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Overwatch. Follow me."

Angela nods, understanding. "Ah, I see. Still, having one of the veterans to be close to you is very inportant; it will make sure that you do not feel like an outcast here. I'll be training the support class operatives, so I look forward to seeing what kind of skills you have."

♢Sage Tekad♢
Sage stepped back a bit as Soldier: 76 took the lead. This was probably going to be one of the most important days of her life. The integral moment of change, and she was directly part of it. Sage allowed herself to remember her father for just a moment. He would've been proud, that tenacious willful old man. Quickly, she returned to the situation at hand. At the mention of luggage she came to a quick conclusion. Sage would not be comfortable leaving her things unattended. She twisted the handle on her suitcase, waiting for an audible click. The handle bar seemed to scan her hand while glowing faintly. The suitcase made quiet clicking noises as it converted into a backpack, signaling the receptors on her back and connecting to them. Now she just had that and her small duffle bag slung across her shoulder. The backpack itself looked rather large and heavy but Sage had no problems with it. She was ready to go.

××Interacting with [no one]××

mood | awkward

Nodding in agreement, Bird shuffled her feet, unsure what to say now. Looking about, she decided to change the subject. "So, uh, what are we doing today?" the omnic asked.

crafted by wheat

Luke Ressington - Nyx

"Cat Got Your Tongue?"

STATUS
[ Milling around with Marina-the group ]
MOOD
[ Curious/reminiscent/bored ]
[ The complex with Marina/group/commander ]
TAGGED

Luke chuckled as she rattled off parts of her weapon. "An inventor right? Pretty neat," he gave her a smile as he ran a hand through his hair. "Eh fair, then to your new beginning Marina, and I'm 26," Luke was about to give the name of his panther before the Commander spoke up.

"Well considering all I have is a backpack I may as well carry her with me," the panther chuckled as he walked over to Morrison. He joked alot but that was to hide the pain of his past, what else could he do? With a sigh Luke walked over to the group and begun to follow everyone else, stepping behind the group so he took up the rear. He wasn't much for group work he was definitely a single player but he knew he'd have to learn to. Of course he didn't mind people, most of the time and being social but when he did his work, it was a singular thing, plus he was still thieving so if it came up on Overwatch records.

Theif that needs reprimanding, track him down and find him, white hair, etc etc, that would not be good.

With a sigh he continued walking.

Code by Aukanai Aukanai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back