Overview of The Traveler

Lexielai

Cal Bear
xwmg___the_force_awakens_edition_box_art_by_wraithdt-d98bpmd.jpg

Welcome to an era of rebellion, traveler. It is six months before the events of Rogue One and A New Hope, and the galaxy is in turmoil. The menacing Empire inflicts its terrible institution upon the denizens of thousands of worlds, oppressing those who resist its racist, fear-driven regime. From a growing dissent have emerged the seeds of a desperate rebellion, built on little more than hope and courage against this unbeatable foe. Under-equipped, and often treading closely to the cliffs of danger, these rebels set the stage for a new era in galactic history.

Yet, apart from this conflict, there are other parties simply making their way through a tense galaxy. Smugglers, miners, performers, traders...all people who try to stray away from the violence, or are eventually swept up in its ripples across space. Among them are heroes with immense potential, only just beginning their journey and not yet realizing the depth of their destiny. Today we draw our attention to one such party of adventurers. Gathered in Talos Station—a trading outpost orbiting over the backwater planet Talos Prime in the Outer Rim—these adventurers are unaware that fate will soon intervene in their paths.

You, hero, will be a crew member of the Traveler, a starship commanded by roguish captain Atticus Sol. Whether you are already apart of the crew or not, soon dire circumstances will force you aboard and catapult you into the beginnings of a legendary adventure.

The galaxy is yours, traveler. It is up to you to decide what you make of it.

8a35b4198de0f9a3226c708664f24446.jpg
With the opening crawl out of the way, let's get to specifics. This is a roleplay inspired by the D&D style adventures, and as such you'll be given plenty of freedom to approach the problems I present to you as the DM. However I do have some requirements on posts and characters.

1) Your characters may be talented, but at the end of the day you're still a beginner adventurer—colloquially known as a "shitty, level one noob." Please make a character with plenty of room for growth! In more concrete terms, I'd like characters skilled enough to handle a few stormtroopers in combat at most or the nearest equivalent.
2) There may be no trained Jedi or Sith (and by trained I mean trained to use the force). Untrained force users or people with exposure to force users are fine, but keep in mind your character is supposed to have little clue about what the hell they're doing when it comes to the Force.
3) Posts must be detailed. I'm looking for players who can write at 3-4 paragraphs per post with no problem, possibly longer, and who love building a great narrative (even at the expense of your own character if necessary). If you're that kind of person, I want you!
4) Your character must have a reason to be aboard a space station in orbit over Talos Prime, a backwater Outer Rim planet where our roleplay will begin. You will also need to be aware that your character must be willing to board The Traveler to escape the space station's imminent destruction, stay with the crew while they try to escape Talos Prime, and then stick around for their adventures thereafter. Feel free to be creative about how you go about this. All of this will be on you!

Here's a few more notes on the RP for your benefit:

a) This won't be entirely open world. I'll be posing certain adventures with their own stories for you to handle, but you do get to decide your approach, explore the world, and make decisions that affect the end result. In other words, I provide the framework but you create the story.
b) To add some uncertainty to the narrative I may introduce a couple of dice mechanics, but nothing major has been decided. I may not even use dice at all; I haven't decided yet.
c) Although our characters will start off inexperienced, as their adventures continue they'll gradually improve. The problems we face will similarly escalate in difficulty, and one day, your character may become a galactic badass.
d) This roleplay will primarily have an adventurous, light-hearted tone. There will definitely be some seriousness when appropriate, but also plenty of good fun too with some silly characters along the way. Washed up Mon Calamari actors, mad scientists with a criminal empire on the side, reprogrammed protocol droid bodyguards, desert warriors with oversized swords, Wookie slicers that no one can quite understand and more; there's an endless variety of characters you may be or meet on your adventures. I encourage you to join in with your own spin, and make a character that's truly memorable. I know I will =)

If you're interested in this roleplay and can fulfill the requirements, please send a reply to the OOC, PM me, and create a character sheet in the Cast Section. If you'd like to shoot me a character idea for us to discuss, you may alos send me a PM for discretion (for secret backgrounds and whatnot). I've also included some examples of characters for you to look at below for your benefit. May the Force be with you!

For those of you who may be interested, here's a sneak peek at some of the Traveler's crew

killian_jones___captain_hook_once_upon_time_by_phoenixa86-d6k198p.jpg

Atticus Sol is a charming, tricky professional thief with a penchant for hilarious antics. His arrogance, only matched by his occasional narcissism, compels Atticus to explore his curiosities and make many a foolish decision which he often inelegantly resolves with a blaster. Politeness and his trademark charm indeed appear infrequently to the blunt captain except when it suits his interests. However, as his crew knows, Atticus is a good captain—just rough around the edges. He may be a liar, cheat, thief, and overall prick, but he cares deeply for his crew. It may come to some's surprise that Atticus does have a moral compass and a peculiar line he does not cross that quickly manifests itself when good people are in danger. Still, despite his eccentric personality, he has an intriguing set of skills to his name. Atticus is a good shot with a blaster, a skilled swindler, and, in times of stress, a leader. He's also quite obsessed with his chosen weapons; Atticus is known to carry around no fewer than seven blasters on his person at all times. He is quite attached to each one of them, even going as far as giving them individual names. In his off hours you might see him drinking and trying to schmooze women frequently in the local cantinas, often to little avail or sometimes disaster. Causing trouble is, in fact, one of his main talents, as is his strange charisma that keeps his crew from mutinying every five minutes. Atticus often becomes quite cagey when prodded about his past, giving half truths and evading questions as best he could. To you Atticus is an idiot, a comrade, and a mystery all in one. An interesting combination for sure. 

4ea28720bde87fa5cd13bb42ea4f9f39.jpg

Violet , or "Vi" as she tells you to call her, is a naive and trusting young woman with distinctive violet-dyed hair, true to her name. She seems like a kind girl, going around and serving drinks, bringing snacks, or whatever else she can to help take care of the crew. You can tell she's been fairly sheltered and hasn't had all that much exposure to the dangers of the galaxy. That's what makes it all the more surprising when you hear some of her wicked one-liners, or see her remarkable physical strength. You're not quite sure how she got so strong, nor how she got to be so profoundly good at every menial task you can think of. Cleaning, cooking, folding laundry, organizing, removing space gunk...no matter what it is, if it's boring and few want to do it, she excels. Perhaps your curiosity rises further when you learn that she's also a solid mechanic, and a fast learner too. Vi seems to become quite confused when asked about her past, and says that she used to be a low-ranking member of a small religious organization on Maenna as if that answered everything you'd want to know. But she harbors a hidden secret: tucked away inside her possessions is a small cube she examines when away from prying eyes, not quite understanding its function, but obviously viewing it as quite precious. Some might recognize this cube as a holocron—the storage cubes used by both Jedi and Sith alike. Quite precious indeed.

imageproxy.jpg

HK-51, simply dubbed 'HK' is an assassin droid from a long forgotten period of galactic history. At first glance HK may seem to be a long outdated protocol droid with a clear disposition toward his current employment aboard the Traveler. But below this surface lies the assassination protocols and unsettling brutality that the Hunter Killer droids were once infamous for. HK is in fact a sentient droid, bound only to service by a restraining bolt locked on him upon his discovery in a Czerka underground cargo storage warehouse dug up on Telos IV. HK seeks to perform all the tasks that he puts his processor to at the full height of his ability. Be it the assassination of a high value target, preparation of a gourmet meal from ration packs; or both at the same time. HK approaches all situations with a dry wit, sarcastic humor, and a loaded slugthrower rifle.

b77932f9a1549a27dc1291cf821f32d8.jpg.92cd3629018394540cd0937d538ee242.jpg

Kind of good, kind of bad, and definitely ugly, Krod Jhcikkisss is a Trandoshan doctor turned bounty hunter. Bacta and blasters are his bread and butter, and he wields both with surgical efficiency. Sometimes. While his bedside manner may leave something to be desired, you can be sure he knows how to stitch you back up after a fight. Hailing from the planet of Trandosha, Krod's life took a turn for the better when he realized his dream wasn't to be a killer, it was to be a healer. He brought scaly, three fingered medical care to the backwater planets of the galaxy for years. Then, his life took a turn for the worse when someone blew up his shit and his apprentice. Now a literal cold-blooded killer, he's on a quest for vengeance, and he's not letting the Hippocratic Oath get in his way, because sometimes a blaster shot is the best medicine. Trust him, he's a doctor.

imageproxy_1.jpg

Nyis Veli-An-Dach is a consummately professional ex-corporate. A decade of experience in project management honed in the Bothan business environment have honed her into a ruthless business woman and expert negotiator. Despite a lifetime of service on the Empire-occupied world of Kothlis, her career was destroyed when her family became involved with the incipient Rebellion. Now the only surviving member of her commune, Nyis is on the run with stolen proprietary technical schematics and a heart full of fear and revenge. What she lacks in practical frontier skill, she makes up for in cunning, people skills and steely determination.

Mahlah.jpg

One look at Mahlah tells you she’s an unlikely candidate for vagabond adventure. Far from the rougish ilk of the standard vagabond, the well-mannered Mahlah's idea of a fun afternoon would be time spent reading a book or tinkering with a machine - not running for your life from bounty hunters and general nasties. Intelligence and cautious, her down-to-earth realism can be a breath of fresh air amid the chaos of adventuring, and her gentleness and general warmth make her good company. Yet there's a peculiar intensity to it all, as if even the most menial task is of the utmost value, and navigating a conversation with her can sometimes become a puzzle in itself. Paranoid and easily embaressed, the timid young woman is a coward through and through, and ashamed to admit it. So what on earth is such a well-to-do, fragile creature doing out in the depravity of the outer rim? She answers only with lies - and yet in spite of her unlikely character, she seems resolute in her decision to join the travellers. Because masked beneath that prim, skittish exterior, Mahlah keeps a number of startling secrets, secrets with powerful implication. She is a lady on the run - but one day, her past will catch up with her.

tumblr_nzmdopO7jb1rlizg1o1_500.png.d0daaf2329d473b2e96c6741d0d16509.png

Rig Lhinkha is a relatively young and athletic Nautolan man with a troubled past. He is a charming man who attempts to brighten the average situation with clever remarks and witty comments. His charm got him through his rough childhood as a slave, and allowed him to pull through the rest of his adult life. Appearance wise, his muscles are lean, and he has pale green skin complemented by many body tattoos. Throughout his childhood and even his adulthood, Rig was a very handy character. He likes tinkering and fixing as much as he can. Personality wise, he is charismatic and perceptive. His species advantage allows him to notice more in his surroundings, as he is more sensitive. Overall, Rig is often friendly, but his dark history may show in his personality. Not only will his dark history come out in his mannerisms, but it is sure to come out in the near future...

Ashenaa2.jpg

'Ashenaa, or ‘Ash’ to those close, is a relaxed, good humored sort. She is easy to get along with, yet her friendly and simple demeanor don’t betray the roguish nature she posses. Having spent many years part of a veteran smuggling crew, Ashenaa has learnt a trick or two. Or several. A keen pilot and an individual you best keep anyway from your computer, less you want to find your systems sliced and your account missing several thousand credits. The adventure and danger of the criminal lifestyle is only more motivation for her. She wants to never look over her life and feel remorse over never having made something of it. Recent events have left her a little shaken however. Losing both her partner, and ship suddenly and with little to no clue where either are. Ash has set' Like this

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread