• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Out of Tune [Romance]

sox

محبت

Set in a high school in modern day Tokyo, three guys and three girls are forced to grow close when they're shoved into the same class and detention, where they have no choice but to interact with one another. While friendships and romance alike blossom within the bleak classroom, rivalries soon follow and bonds are tested as they undergo the trials of young love.

tumblr_mob6dn7Clj1r3ahrlo2_500.gif

[setting: The students are all in the same class, and throughout the day each one gets in trouble and has to stay after school to write an apology letter or something along those lines. We're starting off at the beginning of the first day of school. Remember to address new acquaintances with their surnames and use honorifics.]

The bell rang as the last remnants of stragglers raced through the door, scrambling to get in before the teacher noticed. Class 1-A, famed for its legacy of intellectuals, was now packed with all sorts of kids, from goth lolis to nobility. "Sensei's kinda scatterbrained, isn't he?" Naoki picked up from the group of girls behind him. "But he's still pretty cute! In an old man way, you know?" Breathing out a heavy sigh, Naoki glanced around at his classmates. It would be a long year, if these were to be his peers. He should probably ditch.

"Mizushima-san!" a girl he had never seen before called to him from across the classroom. "My friend has something she wants to tell you!" Her friend promptly swatted her arm and turned a deep shade of scarlet, averting her gaze from Naoki's direction.

"She can tell me herself, can't she?" he called back, earning numerous snickers from the guys around him. They had been making jokes and laughing on end, but it was hard to pay attention to their banter. The thought of ditching once again crossed his mind.

Robert sat in the back of the class and watched all the kids. He was keeping his mouth shut because he wasn't entirely confident in his ability to not offend someone. Robert had made the mistake when his father had told them they'd be moving to Japan and given him a cultural guide book; he had tossed the book aside and neglected it all summer. Now that he was here, he had no clue how to address others and was terrified of offending someone.

Robert looked at the boy who yelled back across the room, "he seems rude.. We will have to avoid him..."

All of the people where now in the class some who just sneaked in just after the bell or those who were already there before. Yoshino was rather annoyed he saw no point in school since his life was already planned out by his father even if he fails at school. He heard chattering around the room and ignored most of it until he heard shouting which he could really ignore even if he wanted to. He was going to see if he could listen in but his phone vibrated he checked it and saw the number not even reading the text he shut the phone and ignored it they was no way he could get out of this class just yet so his father would have to wait.

Hannah sprinted down the hall, flat-out running around the corner and sweeping into her classroom. 1-A. She slowly turned the door handle and crept inside, hoping she wouldn't be noticed. Miraculously, she got inside without being yelled at. The only seat left was behind a boy who had just yelled across the room. Good, maybe I'll seem tolerable in comparison, she thought, plunking her bag down beside her chair.

Hannah was used to not knowing anybody in her class, especially on the first day, and she had made a silent promise to keep her mouth shut today. It wouldn't be easy, but Hannah would try to stay out of trouble at least for the first day. She had already been late to class, but she hadn't been caught, so she was good for now. The chatter in the class would hopefully distract from any rude comments that escaped her lips today.

Naoki glanced at the girl as she passed, noticing she wasn't from Japan but not commenting. That was a lot more common this year for some reason. Shrugging it off, he looked back at the teacher and waited for his name to be called for attendance, giving a small two-fingered wave when his turn came. "We have a couple of new students this year. Please take care of them," the teacher told the uncaring class, followed by a sigh when no one listened. Naoki mimicked him, sighing and looking out the window. There was a street fair going on later that day, but he would probably miss it.

Clover skipped in. She had woken up late and her mother and her had gone out to eat, almost forgetting about school. She had some bacon hanging from her mouth and she munched them down before smiling bright. "I'm sorry I'm late sensei, I was having a pretty breakfast with my mom and we just lost track of time." Her Japaness was quiet good but she had a very heavy accent that went with it. Clover looked around, grinning at the class, well hopefully this would be a fun year for her. All the seats were taken and she pouted, she didn't want to stand up on the first day. "Is it ok if I sit on the window stil sensei?" She nodded and Clover hopped over to the window and sat.

Last edited by a moderator:
As class began, the chatter died down to whispers and notes, leaving Naoki with the peace to doze off with ease. He managed to get a solid twenty minutes in before he was noticed. "Mizushima-san!" The teacher called from two feet away, flabbergasted at his boldness.

"Hm?" he murmured, rubbing his eyes and yawning. His classmates stifled laughter as he blinked, trying to adjust his eyes to the bright room. From this proximity, he could see the teacher's name tag. Yamada Yuuta. "It's almost lunchtime, right?"

"We'll talk after class," Yamada-sensei half-spat, half-sighed. "Sleeping during class is absolutely unacceptable and furthermore..." Naoki listened with one ear as he lectured him, already dozing off again.

Robert was lucky that the teacher had seen Naoki first, and not him. He had been dozing a little in the back himself, but he was shocked at how rude the kid at been to the teacher as well. He scratched his jaw. "I thought Japanese kids were a lot more respectful.. but he's just like the jocks at my old school were."

Hannah snickered at the Japanese boy sitting in front of her. He would certainly overshadow any snide comments she made throughout the day. This will be perfect, she thought, laughing again to herself. She slumped down in her chair, settled down to gaze thoughtlessly at the wall for the remainder of the class.

She looked up to glance around at her classmates. Most were Japanese, but a few looked like foreigners like her. So at least she wouldn't be the only one, then.

The rest of the first half dragged by without a problem, with Naoki unable to fall asleep again and Yamada-sensei's eye constantly on his nonchalant form. His lack of formality wasn't out of disrespect for the teachers. It was more a side effect of not caring about his studies.

When it was finally time for lunch, Naoki stood up and stretched, retrieving his packed lunch and settling down again at his desk to eat. Many other students followed suit, most of them settling by the window or at other students' desks. On a normal day, he would've stuck with the guys he was already friends with, but it was the first day. He had told himself he would try.

Swinging around in his seat, Naoki turned to face the girl sitting behind him, keeping his lunch on his lap as he played with his chopsticks. "'You're from the States, right?" he asked, biting into his sushi and swallowing before introducing himself. "Mizushima Naoki. Valedictorian, but you wouldn't guess it, right?" A half-cheery, half-resigned chuckle escaped him.

Hannah was sort of startled at the boy in front of her. "What? Yes," she replied, having been shocked out of decently coherent Japanese. Her word were sloppy and mispronounced. "Argh," she added with a grumble, then cleared her throat. "Sorry. Yes, I'm from the US. I'm Hannah Shoemaker. Or should it be the other way around?" Hannah groaned. "Ugh. Anyway, it's a pleasure, Mizushima-san." Hannah nodded her greeting and dug around in her bag for her lunch, tugging it out and emptying its content across her desk. She chose a slice of apple and crunched into it happily.

Naoki smirked at her content munching. "Likewise. Did you move here this year? America's pretty far. I went there once on a summer program. I think it was... Boston? Or maybe Brooklyn..." He rubbed his neck in thought before shrugging it off. "It was pretty to see-"

"Mizushima-kun!" a boy called as he sauntered towards the two. With frazzled hair and mismatched clothes, he was infamous for his clownish behavior. "Who's this? Your girlfriend? 'Sup," He spoke the last word in heavily accented English, though that was all he knew. Conversations were too advanced for the guy.

As he approached, Naoki shot him an irritated side-eye. "Don't tack a 'kun' onto my name, bug eyes. This is Sukiyaki- I mean Kurosaki Yuuta," he introduced to Hannah, correcting himself after a forceful glare. "He's an idiot and a child. It's disgraceful for him to even come near us." Kurosaki scoffed and went off on a tangent about his pride as a man, but Naoki tuned him out. "You can call me Naoki-san, if you want. I don't care either way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back