• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Our Secrets ((GxG))

((Aah, true 'w' Well, hopefully something will pan out soon and you can go out cutely! x3))

Rosaline gives a small smile, "We were, but then we decided it'd probably be best if you saw her first.. Especially if she was freaking out like the doctor said. She's got a longer history with you, and a closer relationship. So we left the room pretty much as soon as we got in. But we'll see her later."

Jess walks over, tears still in her eyes as she clings to Teag, "How is she? She's not, like.. Braindead or anything, is she? And she doesn't look like some blood-drained vampire victim? Oh god.. She has to be okay! My little nephew needs his Mommy and his Mama..."

((Yeah! Hopefully! xD ))

I smiled some and nodded a little, pushing some hair behind my ear. Instinctively my arms wrapped around Jess and I laughed softly. "Mir's fine, just tired," I assured, patting her back. "Did they say anything about us going to see Jelly Bean or...?" I had a feeling it would be too soon, but it didn't hurt to ask. It's not like I had spent the last seven or eight months waiting to meet him or anything...

Again it's Rosaline who replies, "Not yet... Even though they're pretty sure he's stable, they want to make sure he's not going to crash anytime soon. They said it'd probably be around another hour before all their testing is done, and he's deemed to be in the clear." It's rather obvious how much that news effects the officers, and Jess as well.. As a few more tears fall from the girl's eyes and she hides her face against Teag's shoulder. "He's gonna be okay." She says through her crying, "They both will, so don't worry."

After a moment or two I nodded, wrapping my arms a little tighter around Jess as I let her cry. I wasn't about to let myself do the same though, if I started I wasn't sure I'd stop. "What should we do until then?" I asked, frowning some. I didn't exactly want to disturb Mir with us all piling into her room and I wasn't sure we could just hang out in the waiting room...."Do they have a cafeteria here or something? Maybe we can just go and collect ourselves and such there?"

Rosaline nods, taking her wife's hand, "That sounds perfect, sweetie." She gives a soft smile, but the heavy emotion was still evident in her eyes. She turns and starts walking down the corridor, knowing her way through the hospital pretty well due to occasionally having to come along with victims or suspects who have to be treated.

"Let's go." Jess says, sniffling then reaching up to wipe away her tears, wishing she could just stop crying.

I followed after the two officers, reaching up to gently pat Jess' back. Both the officers and I had probably been here often enough to walk the hallways blind folded. It still bothered me to be in them, but I had learned to suck it up after going to the OBGYN so many times with Mir. I wasn't exactly hungry, so I made my way over to a table that could accommodate us all once we reached the lunch room. Hopefully the others would get something so we wouldn't look too out of place.

As everyone sits at the table Jess finally manages to get herself under control, then glances up at the coffee machine, "I'm gonna get some coffee.. Does anyone else want some?" She sniffles, reaching up to wipe away those last tears as her breaths are heavy to keep more from coming. The coffee was mostly because she's already feeling tired after all that crying, but she knows that she has to stay awake.

"Sure, hun. That'd be great." Rosaline says with a smile, obviously for the same reason was Jess; even though she hadn't let much of hers out...

I relaxed a little as everyone started to get a hold of themselves, propping my elbows on the table so my head could rest in my hands. Looking up at Jess when she spoke, I blinked for a few moments before nodding some. "Yeah, a little coffee would be nice." I figured it would be the closest thing to a cigarette I would be getting anytime soon. God I wanted one so badly right now. My nerves were fried. Once we made sure Mir and JellyBean were okay, I was going to find somewhere and take the longest nap I could.

Jess nods and walks up to the cashier, buying for large cups then walking to the machine to fill them up. While there she already puts in what everyone likes in terms of creamer or sugar. Even though she does live back in her apartment again, she'd spent enough time at the officers' house with Teag and myself that we've all learned how the others take their coffee and, well.. Pretty much everything else.

When she brings the cups back over she places each one in front of their perspective drinker, then slouches down in her chair, chugging down a few mouthfuls. "Jelly Bean was born pretty early..." She says after a few moments of silence, "You guys think he'll be okay... Right?"

I murmured my thanks and sipped idly at the coffee, enjoying the momentary quite before Jess piped up. "Well..He should be. There might be some complications later as he grows but for now they said everything was fine? Well, as to be expected at this stage of development," Lori replied, sipping at her own coffee. "The doctors said we wouldn't be able to take him home for some time. He still has to be in an incubator and such." I sighed softly to myself, stirring the coffee with a finger.

Jess furrows her brows, sighing before nodding. "Yeah... I just.. I want him to be okay, and I want him to get out of there so we can all spoil the hell out of him. And Miranda too." She turns to Teagan and smiles, "And of course you as well, Mommies and baby are going to get some crazy special treatment once everyone's out of here!"

"Just not too crazy, right?" Rosaline adds in, quirking a brow. She knows that Jess had been slipping up a bit lately, or having troubles with some belated withdrawals. Seeing as how Jess had been on drugs far longer than Teag, it was still having a rather negative effect on her body.

"Aah, of course." She gives a slightly sheepish smile, "I wouldn't do anything that could get either of us taken away from Jelly Bean. I swear, I've been clean since last month." The previous month she'd slipped up. She was having a stressful day after getting a letter from her brother, and ended up smoking a bit of pot. So it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, but no matter what, it was still an illegal substance that I would've made her go through another full set of months-long treatment for. Which is why they all kept it from me... It was a slip up, unintentional, but... I need to protect my baby.

I smiled faintly and nodded as I ran a hand through my hair, messing my bangs up. "Yeah? All I want to do right now is go take a long bath and fall asleep," I mused, rubbing rather hard at my eye sockets. I had been clean for as far as anyone knew since we started rehab, but there had been a few horrible days when Mir had gone off on me or the withdrawals had been too hard and I had snuck a pack or two of cigarettes. They were all I allowed myself to do anymore and it wasn't often enough to really kick start an addiction again. I just spent a few days going through even more withdrawal.

"An appropriate amount of spoiling." I offered a tired smile and shook my head some, almost wishing that day all those months ago hadn't happened. Sure I loved Jelly Bean, but Mir's and I life would be so much easier.....

Jess chuckles, shaking her head in amusement. "Well, I think we should make some sort of surprise party or something... You know Mir's gonna have some sort of postpartum depression, and I think that'd help her out, right?" She gives an almost weary smile, seeming completely unsure of what she was saying. In fact, she seemed pretty unsure of this whole situation.. Of course she's more than happy about being here and being with these people, but... She just isn't used to all of this, and the simple fact of remembering her own child is weighing heavily on her mind.

Knowing my luck, there was little doubt that Mir would have postpartum. "That could be fun. We should hit up Mir's therapist though once we get JB home. Try and nip this in the bud as quickly as possible," I murmured, idly using my finger to stir my coffee around. "But definitely. Once we get everyone settled in, throw a little welcome home party." There wasn't too many people I could honestly think to invite though. Mir and I didn't really have friends from school and our biological families were out of the equation. Both Jess and I had met some people from the bar we were friendly with and Mir with her therapy groups, possibly some young mother groups online that I know she had messed around on but...yeah. Not too much going on in the friend departments that I knew of.

Rosaline nods to Teag's words about going to the therapist ASAP, knowing that'd be the best thing to do.. She knows that I'm strong and all, and eventually that I'd get over it, but she doesn't want to take the chances on anyone getting hurt. "I could probably get a hold of her and ask her to make a few visits to the hospital? After all, Miranda won't be out right away, either.. And I doubt she'll want to leave until JB is ready to go, so taking her to the therapist is out of the question."

Jess taps her empty straw wrapper against the table as she thinks, nodding along with the tune of the paper against the table. "We can also ask some other people from those teen mom groups to come in.. Maybe she'll feel better about herself and Jelly Bean if she sees other people around her age with babies that they did or didn't originally want..."

I nodded, glad at least that was more or less taken care of now. If we couldn't get the therapist to come here, I was sure that the hospital would offer counselors or something to help the women along. I rose a brow when Jess started talking, still obviously off in her party planning world. Not that I blamed her, if I could drift off for a little while and not think about the daunting tasks at hand, I would gladly do it. Yawning some, I muttered an agreeing "Yeah" around it, smoothing my hands against my face. "Maybe some people from the station too that helped out on the case?"

Since Mir lived with the two officers, and I spent more time there than at home, we had gotten to know a lot of the other officers Lori and Rosaline were close with. Not to mention, a fair few came to the bar to unwind after a long day. Mir and I weren't terribly close with any of them, but we were friendly to each other. They sort of took Mir and I, mostly Mir, under their wings as extended parents and or brothers and sisters. Which was pretty cool.

Rosaline just smiles at the thought of her and her wife's coworkers coming over and joining the little party they'd be having for myself and Jelly Bean. She had been beyond pleased when her fellow officers had started treating the 'two broken girls' as their own, loving me and my girlfriend just as much as she and her wife did.

It was definitely strange at first for me, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Er, well... At least within this seven month period I did. It was pretty daunting for awhile to be around cops so much, mostly because of Teag's past, but they didn't seem to mind any of that.. Not even when Jess would come over in the beginning and start smoking, not thinking about it when she'd offer it to Teag as well. My guess is that Rosaline and Lori kinda explained an overview of it, because I feel like most police officers wouldn't really take well to an adult offering a teenager cigarettes. Especially not an entire room of cops...

But it's all worked out by now, and I really do love so many of them. They're all so kind and compassionate, so understanding and helpful with everything through my pregnancy, I can't really express how thankful I am to have them.. Almost as much as I am to have my new 'mothers'.

"That'd be good, I think." Rosaline finally says after a few moments of thinking to herself. "I think she'd enjoy seeing them there... Plus, they can help to make sure none of you rambunctious teenies get too crazy." She says with a playful wink, referring to the other teenage mothers.

I smiled my old, tired smile and nodded again. "It sounds like we have a plan. I'm not sure what all we'll want to make for the party, though." From what Mir had told me, the mothers she had talked to had children ranging in age. That meant we'd probably have to supply some food for older babies along with adult food. It wouldn't be terribly hard, but there would have to be a lot of food if we were inviting people from the precinct, group therapy, and young mothers over. While I loved parties, my tolerance for them had significantly worn down since I could no longer drink or smoke, and I had some feelings that I would probably disappear during it at multiple points. Jess seemed more or less to still love parties, she could drink at least, and she was a lot more sociable than I was. I was also probably leave a lot of the planning in their hands considering I didn't know how to throw a "normal" party.

"Yeah, that might be a little tricky. I'm sure we can buy a few platters from the store and make our own treats and such," Lori suggested. "Most of the officers are good with simple things like deli sandwiches so as long as we have the room..." She trailed off, shrugging her shoulders lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back