Other Other languages you're learning/know?

Not a native English speaker, but I’ve been speaking it for about 10 years and have gotten pretty fluent at it.
As for French, I started learning it 7 years ago but I still sort of struggle when I try to talk to people.
I also happen to have started learning Spanish last week, so that’s an interesting coincidence.

I'm currently using Duolingo to learn Japanese, Spanish and Korean.

//Korean is so hard rip might swap it for French or German.

My mother tongue is turkish, but since I live in Germany, I'm fluent in german too. I'm also fluent in English since I've been learning it since I was 5 years old and I recently got a certificate of fluency!
I've also been learning french in school for the past 7 years and I've gotten pretty good at it. :)

I can speak Cantonese fluently but I don't know how to read/write it.
I actually know Latin better than I know Chinese. I took two years of it as part of my language requirement for my degree.

I took Japanese but dropped it pretty quickly as soon as we got to kanji. There's just... something about Chinese characters that I can't wrap my head around or memorize. It's quite frustrating!

I'm not actively trying to learn, but my boyfriend is Filipino, so I've picked up some Tagalog being around his family. I would love to be fluent in it, but I don't have time time to learn and I'm an extremely slow learner.

I took four years of Latin in high school, and am currently struggling to teach myself ancient greek, oops. In terms of more useful languages, I'm able to read Spanish okay-ish? and am slowly learning to be more conversational in it.

Wo shi zhong wen xuesheng.

(hahaha i don't have a keyboard for the characters sorry)

I've been studying Hangeul (Korean) on and off, for the past couple of years. But in December, I'm starting back and really working hard to master it! :) I'm studying it online and with a language-learning program on my laptop. Please don't judge me, too harshly lol...

At the moment, I'm learning Spanish (because of school requirements ^^) and Japanese. But, I know how to speak a little of Tagalog.

European portuguese is my native language.

I love Japanese and I'd love to learn it officially. I intend to do so eventually.

Everyone knows such interesting languages, there's a lot of variety here I feel like!
The more I learn Japanese, the more irritated and simultaneously fascinated I am by kanji, haha.

I'm a native Lithuanian, so I speak Lithuanian, but rarely at this point, so I stagger the first few hours when visiting my family.
I live in Germany, so I speak German most of the time.
Learned basics of French a while back, but just basics, would not call myself a french speaker.
I also understand several to a certain point languages due to similarities, or just having spend time around them, like Japanese, Dutch, Russian

And obviously, I speak English rather fluently, but I'm not learning any languages at this point

Trying to grab any sort of grasp on Russian currently using Duolingo. Privet, menya zovut Arion.

Fucking Cyrillic lettering bullshit.

Currently speak English, Yiddish, and Bavarian. Yiddish comes from my Ashkenazi heritage and my grandparents and extended family speak it. I’m currently learning sign language!

Taken German for 5 years in school and staying sharp with Duolingo, because I've committed myself to it, but I'm also learning Spanish and Mandarin. I'm decently fluent in German and I can understand Spanish, but Mandarin is turning out to be quite an undertaking with my limited resources. I'm taking it because I'd like to learn a different alphabet. c: And Spanish is incredibly useful.
*gasp*
I'm learning German on Duolingo too!
And I'm learning German. As I said.
But I'm native in English so no trouble with this site!

I'm a native English speaker. I also speak Bengali fluently because of my family (but I can't read or write, oof). I take Irish and French in school. On my own, I learn Japanese, but nowadays I don't really have time for it, and I tend to get mixed up a lot between languages @.@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back