• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern *ƈǟքɛ աɛʀքɨɛ* {open}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

sailormewn

Anime Mom
Welcome to our shiny new thread~
It's a work In progress so excuse the mess!
I plan on making some graphics and such today so expect some changes!

𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖓𝖓 𝕮𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖘

"I heard they took her out of class yesterday to Question her. Do you think she did it?"

"I don't think so, I mean I don't think she'd be here if she did."

"I guess but...it's so weird. You know they say when the cops told Quinn she didn't even cry! I mean Anna was her best fri-" The freckled girl slammed her locker shut, interrupting the unsupecting gossip. Before Quinn could get a word of defense the school bell rang two fled the scene.

"Saved by the bell." She murmured to herself turning back and pressing her forehead to the icy metal locker. Quinn was no stranger to being the topic of conversation at Cape Werpie High, in fact she thrived on the attention. But being a murder suspect-well that was new.

Branng. Went the second bell. Damn now she was late. The tired teen heaved a sigh quickly deciding she was uninterested in accepting her new reality choosing instead to take to the halls.

(Ooc: I am not great at opening posts so I did my best xD Left it open so whoever wants to post next can run into Quinn! Woo it begins!)

Last edited:
Jesse was talking with a few of his friends when he heard the second bell ring, wincing slightly. His teacher wouldn't be happy with him for being late. Again. "Damn it. I've got to go. I'll talk to you guys later, alright?" He didn't wait for a response, making his way through the almost empty hallway. It wouldn't do him any good to be later than he already was.

After making sure that he had all of his textbooks, notebooks, papers, homework, and anything else that he might need, Jesse threw his backpack over his shoulder and walked towards his first class. History. God, this was going to be a long day.

He'd made it about halfway to his class before he ran into someone, literally. It happened to be Quinn, Anna's friend. This day just keeps getting better, Jesse thought bitterly, before he started speaking. "Jesus. I'm sorry about that. Are you alright?" He asked.

𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖓𝖓 𝕮𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖘

Quinn pulled away eager to tear apart whoever had bumped into her but took pause when she found herself gazing upon a familiar face. "Jesse?"

A grimace pulled at the corner of her lips in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it fashion.

"Yeah I'm fine." Quinn dramatically brushed the arm of her jean jacket. "You always were a space case so, I won't hold it against you. Honestly I can't believe you're rushing to class at all, turning over a new leaf Mr. Walker?" She raised an eyebrow.

The ex-boyfriend.

The best friend.

Jesse was as much of a suspect as her and part of her found an odd sort of comfort in that. "Some things though never change, So can I bum a cigarette?" A question Quinn had asked him plenty of time before.

"With all this Anna...shit, my parents have been breathing down my neck. I would owe you like, majorly."

"Not at all," Jesse grinned at her. "But, our history teacher probably wants to rip me apart for being late so much and I'd rather keep this face intact, thank you very much." He stepped away from her and slid down one of the locker-lined walls. It wouldn't hurt to skip history today, spend some time with Quinn, maybe cheer her up a bit. After all, it isn't easy losing a friend.

At her request, he pulled out a nearly full pack of cigarettes and a lighter, handing them to her. "Here you go. Look, I know we've never really talked too much, but how have you been doing after Anna died? I mean, she probably wasn't quality friend material but I'm guessing it would still hurt."

Jesse got a cigarette for himself, lighting it with a spare that he always kept in his back pocket. He sighed quietly to himself, already regretting revealing something so personal, before he even did it. "I miss her, sometimes. Even though we didn't have the healthiest relationship, she was nice. Lit up a room with one joke. I think the town dimmed a bit after she died, as cheesy as that sounds."

♛𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖓𝖓 𝕮𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖘♛

"Sweet. Thanks." Quinn accepted his humble offering. Sticking one between her teeth she lit it and returned the rest of the pack. The lighter though she hung on to, idly flicking it as she listened to Jesse speak with an unexpected tenderness about her friend."Anna was the best..." Her eyes seemed to glaze over as her thoughts drifted elsewhere. Flipping rapidly through a rolodex of memories.

"And me well, For a person of interest I'm doing just fine. Fuck..." All at once Quinn remembered why she'd been so desperate for smoke in the first place. "Haven't the cops questioned anyone else in this goddamn school? Or am I just that lucky? I mean you're the ex-boyfriend. No offense but like, if it's not me-you know the best friend-in the movies it's you." She took another drag desperate to regain the serenity from a few moments prior. "Sorry Jesse, it has just been a long couple of days..."

> Do you believe in destiny? >
-----
The new kid, one slippery and sprily Hare.
Not that anyone would admit it, especially in their earshot.
Harrington skidded to a stop just inside the class right before the late bell sounded, taking spring-filled steps into their seat near the back. Hare's emotions were not on display today, so most already knew that the new kid didn't want to be talked to currently. As is with most days.
Current class? English. Harington didn't really do that good with english studies, which was reflected in their grades back at the old high school, but past is past. As is with the past, it sometimes comes back to haunt you in the form of karma; Hare had slight suspicions that said karma is what bit Anna in the ass and got her killed.
And Hare had a feeling that a few students had their eyes on them-for being the obvious kid, the "out-of-towner". Police did question them, of course, and got a statement on the night of what happened; her alibi was a bit vague, but it was enough to shoo the police away.

Darius was entirely uninterested in droning of his English teacher. But he was interested in the new kid sitting in the seat in front of him. Cape Werpie High didn't often add students to it's roster so of course every new one was immediately an interesting one.

"Pssst..."

When his efforts to draw the newbies attention with whispers failed Darius gave their seat a tap with the toe of his black leather boot.

"Now that I've got your attention...." He scrawled a note on a sheet of note book paper that read:

'You got a name newbie? Mines Darius. You'll wanna remember it for when we hang out later. Let me show you around I know all the hot spots in old Werpie. I'm a wealth a knowledge. Let me drop it on you.'

Shoving the page at her when he was done.

-----
Their notebook for classes, currently being scribbled in. Hare could feel a couple of classmate's eyes sizing them up, but a quick glare in the staring person's direction and said person would quickly divert their attention and shut up. It was a useful tactic.
A whisper caught their attention, but they tried ignoring it; it was a kid in the seat behind Hare, probably bugging them about possible notes or who they were. And then the tap on her seat. Hare turned their gaze behind them, not rather pleased at being pulled away from their studies, and the look Hare gave the male should've been enough. Of course it wasn't, as the boy scribbled on a note and showed it to her.
"...Harrington." They pointedly mused, "And i'm not interested."

"Harrington. Harrington. What a name." Darius tutted his tongue against his teeth thrice. "Oh come on Harry. You're new. And before you I was the new kid. I know what it's like." The teen let out a sigh. "People in Werpie-they see you as a tourist still." Darius explained. "And they'll keep seeing you as a tourist until you..." Darius reached out and jabbed Harrington in the shoulder with his pencil's pink eraser. "...Make some friends."

He was smiling now or maybe bearing his teeth? "And right now-with the unsolved murder case looming over your head- You could use some friends." Darius was proud of himself now having backed the brunette (ooc:blonde? sorry xD) into a corner. "So what say you Harry, have some time to pencil me into your busy schedule?"

( ooc: let's just go with the lighter shades of brunette )

-----
They listened as Darius explained, and Hare had to admit-he was right. Most people viewed the newcomer as a tourist, and it was kinda lonely...but they wouldn't admit it. They just had a bit of trouble making long-term friends after... Clearing those memories, Hare looked at the pencil that Darius poked them with, inclined to snap it in half is he kept poking them.
"..... First off, my name isn't Harry, if you have to pet name me use Hare." Harrington spoke, "And second off...i'll think about it. You'll probably needle your way into my schedule anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back