[Open] [5e] Delving the Lost City

partiallycyber

Title: Delving the Lost City
Game: 5e
Player Count: 6
Description: A medium-sized exploratory game with a final dungeon to cap it off.
Character Creation: 9th level characters. You can roll for stats twice, 4d6 drop lowest (two sets of six, not each individual stat twice). Or take standard array. If you roll I need to be able to verify them. Also, you'll start with 750 gp. Refer to Sane_Magical_Prices.pdf if you want to buy magic items. Talk to me if you want to negotiate a price.
House Rules/Game Style: I enjoy a "Yes, and..." style of DMing. 1s and 20s are only relevant on attack rolls.
Other: Intensely perilous! Paranoia encouraged! Character death both possible and likely!

I would love to join, I can play a Hexblade/Rogue if that's okay, if not I can fill some other party roll (never really played a non martial class but i'll give it a shot)

Also not sure if this is where I post but I'm hoping so.

Hellequin Hellequin corielldog corielldog XxQROWxX XxQROWxX

This group may also be interested but not sure. Tagging for awareness

I would love to play! If it’s all good with you I would like to be a cleric of the forge from Xanathars guide. Although I can be anything

Just wondering, for character creation, do we start with any sort of common magical items like it says in the PHB (or DMG cant remember), also do we need to use starting equipment or can we just pick the gear we want

Gulri was born as the son of a brewer, it was his family's path ever since his great-grandfather set up his meadery in The Great Rift. Gulri however, knew this was not his path, even at a young age he was an excellent smith and when the time came for him to pick who he would apprentice at the age of 20, he went against his father's wishes and became a smith. Forty years later, Gulri was one of the most renown smiths in the Great Rift, it was his passion, and as he would hammer away at horseshoes, nails, and whatever else the people needed, he felt the power of Moradin within him. He still felt incomplete though, that was, until one evening. When he was walking home from his forge, he heard a scream from within an alley, he charged in without hesitation, his hammer drawn. That night, he saved a woman from being mugged, however, that night, a woman created one of the greatest clerics in Faerun.

The next day, he went to his forge and he felt a call from Moradin in his mind, telling him to create himself a suit of armour and a battleaxe. It took him weeks, even though he put his orders on hold and assigned them to his apprentices, he would have long days of working, and the people who saw him during this time said he lost weight, as he barely ate, only focusing on his task from Moradin. Eventually, two and a half months had passed, after many failed attempts, he had finally created a suit of armour and weapon he felt were worthy of his god.

The armour was gold and silver in colour, a full suit of splint with an emblem of moradin that seemed to blaze to life whenever he focused his faith into a spell. The battle axe matched the colors of his armor, but it too had a symbol of moradin upon it, one on each side of the axe’s golden, silvered head and a crimson red leather grip and the shaft itself was a gleaming silver with fire engraved into the shaft. He also crafted a shield, a fine kite shield with the same emblem of moradin on the front with a gold border and a silver centre.

Gulri had sunk most of his savings into the creation of his holy equipment, leaving him only his forge and home remained in his possession. While he was still an amazing smith who could rebuild his fortune, he instead cut his losses, producing only enough to keep his forge in his possession and selling his home, as he would need it no longer.

Gulri's Character sheet: Gulri Underfury.pdf (Note, his spellsheet has the spells he knows, he can only have 13 prepared at a time though)

Never entirely welcome in the company of elves or men, Aerendyl learned at a young age to skip past formality, preferring instead to invite himself in your door. Born of a human mother, and an elven father who only later in life took an interest in his existence, Aerendyl quickly realized the only person he could truly rely on in this world was himself. It was at the age of 10 when he was taken from his mother, and brought to live with his father. He quietly took him in, but always kept an icy distance, and after too many years of disdainful looks, Aerendyl decided to leave his indifference behind, and set out on his own. An outsider since birth Aerendyl quickly learned his own way of solving problems and circumventing his adversaries. He primarily kept to the woods at first preferring the isolation. During this time he learned to hunt, track, and shoot. But he eventually had to make his way to the big cities. After years of living in the woods he made his way to one of the cities close by. Notice how everyone was out for themselves he quickly took to the streets stealing small things here and there. Until he eventually ran into a thieves guild looking to recruit him. He reluctantly joined but he eventually found that he had a knack for being stealthy never getting caught. Now he just waits to find his next big score or adventure, wondering if there’s anything more to life than this.

Character sheet:

Attachments

• XxQROWxX_3280734.pdf
    455.9 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back