OOC Thread

@thespacekid Thanks for having us :D  Ready to get started, I just looked over the CS page, would you mind putting a little more detail into what you're looking for, at least as far as the last categories?

To start with, each player gets 4 points, which they can distribute among these following three categories.

Weapon(s): 

Smaller Demon(s): Smaller demons that the caster has bound to objects on hand.

Skill(s): This includes material skills, for example lockpicking, horseriding, etc.

Dominant Bind: Conventional body binds fit in here.

Special Ability:

Specifically these sections, what does each point get you? Are there limits to what a single point can obtain? Does each spirit bound to an object have a single purpose or can it perform multiple functions? Should we put limits for how long you can keep them/use them before they "wear out" or "break free"? Jsut trying to get a feel for the extent that our character can go as far as building up abilities.

Solid questions! Okay. I'll try and answer them all to the best of my ability.

So each char has 4 points to start with. Each point can be spent on getting a weapon (like guns, knives, clubs), smaller demons (like foliots or imps, each with one specific power only), or skills (real life skills). Pretty much each ability has a specific use only, except in the case of dominant binds, who may have more than one uses.

My OC for instance has the following sheet:

Weapon: A long martial arts stick with electric stingers on both ends.

Smaller Demons: An Earth Imp bound to a wristband which creates a shield on command, but it cannot take damage for too long before it breaks and must regenerate.

An illusion Foliot bound to a mask which makes the onlooker see a random face when they look at the wearer, but the illusion does not last very long if the people are together, often ending at 15 minutes.

Skills: Gearhead: OC is extremely skilled with the practical knowledge of vehicles.

I haven't thought of a dominant bind yet, that's the main Djinn players will be able to summon. Those will have more multipurpose abilities, such as body morphism, elemental control of the environment, for skin armour and hit enhancement, etc.

Try to keep it a little rational, and not too overpowered, right? I hope this clears things up a bit!

Solid questions! Okay. I'll try and answer them all to the best of my ability.

So each char has 4 points to start with. Each point can be spent on getting a weapon (like guns, knives, clubs), smaller demons (like foliots or imps, each with one specific power only), or skills (real life skills). Pretty much each ability has a specific use only, except in the case of dominant binds, who may have more than one uses.

My OC for instance has the following sheet:

Weapon: A long martial arts stick with electric stingers on both ends.

Smaller Demons: An Earth Imp bound to a wristband which creates a shield on command, but it cannot take damage for too long before it breaks and must regenerate.

An illusion Foliot bound to a mask which makes the onlooker see a random face when they look at the wearer, but the illusion does not last very long if the people are together, often ending at 15 minutes.

Skills: Gearhead: OC is extremely skilled with the practical knowledge of vehicles.

I haven't thought of a dominant bind yet, that's the main Djinn players will be able to summon. Those will have more multipurpose abilities, such as body morphism, elemental control of the environment, for skin armour and hit enhancement, etc.

Try to keep it a little rational, and not too overpowered, right? I hope this clears things up a bit!

Can everyone automatically have a Djinn at start then? I guess my question was geared more towards "What is the upper limit of what we can start with?" The rest of it I understand, i suppose I'm just trying to define boundaries for characters as far as what they can gain so I don't overstep any lines marked as "overpowered". I'll just make my character then, and if anything seems to tuned up or out of place, you can just let me know and I'll adjust accordingly :3

So our characters, the bounty hunters, can be magicians? I was not planning on making my character one since I thought it seemed hypocritical. As you stated, "...Bounty Hunters, this is a profession popular among quite a few, considering how the most popular magician occupation is crime."  I am a little confused.

So our characters, the bounty hunters, can be magicians? I was not planning on making my character one since I thought it seemed hypocritical. As you stated, "...Bounty Hunters, this is a profession popular among quite a few, considering how the most popular magician occupation is crime."  I am a little confused.

I think the part that was lost in translation was that magicians are pretty much the normal, but most turn to crime and a few others tend to be bounty hunters to track them down, since it usually takes magic to beat magic. So it was assumed we'd be playing mages, I just decided I wanted my character to deviate a bit.

Can everyone automatically have a Djinn at start then? I guess my question was geared more towards "What is the upper limit of what we can start with?" The rest of it I understand, i suppose I'm just trying to define boundaries for characters as far as what they can gain so I don't overstep any lines marked as "overpowered".

Upper limits for initial CS would be a Djinn, correct. It would be however a lower level Djinn to begin with, such as a demon who provides just a slight boost, like elemental body armour, where a stronger Djinn might give you control over a particular element in your environment. So for your character, I'm guessing some sort of gadget that emulates the effect of an element. Note that the elements are not limited to the primary 4 but also include some more stuff like metals and gases, etc.

Thanks for clarifying to @whitepaperplates that's exactly what I meant, I'm sorry if I was unclear!

Just realised, this whole RP has a very "Blade Runner" vibe to it, which makes me absolutely ecstatic! I was trying to put my finger on the cyberpunk genre that fit this setting and I finally nailed it XD

Sooo I gave a bit of thought to my character and came up with a rough idea which I thought I would run by you before I start worrying about backgrounds and what have you. Obviously let me know if I'm misinterpreting something or it seems OP or whatever issues you might have.

Weapon: Silk Wind: An elegant but high calibre revolver emphasising stopping power, reliability and old world charm over rate of fire and convenience

Smaller Demons: Archer: A kinetic energy foliot familiar with small arms, Archer assists with reloading, recoil management and can make slight trajectory adjustments to compensate for factors such as wind or bullet drop in order to improve overall accuracy and ease of use.

Acolyte: An imp bound to a pair of glasses, provides a minor boost to overall oversight and can 'search' incoming visual data for keywords, images or breaks in patterns or other visual discrepancies making it a useful aid for detecting traps, hidden secrets and useful information.

Skills: Diplomat: This character is experienced and comfortable in a surprising variety of social circles and situations and can schmooze, deal and cajole with the best of them.

Dominant Bind: Skeiron:  A low level wind demon

Special ability: Cauldron of the North West: Skeiron can produce and launch powerful gusts of wind. Although they don't produce much damage by themselves they can knock enemies around or even be used to re position oneself.

Archer: A kinetic energy foliot familiar with small arms, Archer assists with reloading, recoil management and can make slight trajectory adjustments to compensate for factors such as wind or bullet drop in order to improve overall accuracy and ease of use.

Everything's looking great, only I have a doubt about this part. Is the imp bound to the pistol? Because it can't be a physical summon you see.

Also, for Acolyte, change the type of demon to a Foliot, since Imps can't do abstract magic like perception magic, like in this case.

Check out the Lore section for more details if you haven't already!

Everything's looking great, only I have a doubt about this part. Is the imp bound to the pistol? Because it can't be a physical summon you see.

Also, for Acolyte, change the type of demon to a Foliot, since Imps can't do abstract magic like perception magic, like in this case.

Check out the Lore section for more details if you haven't already!

I was picturing it being bound to the pistol yeah, unless that doesn't work for some reason? And I'll change the other bit.

@thespacekid Mind looking over Monique and giving me some feedback? She's not quite done, I might go back and change a few things, but lemme know how she stands as far as being able to stand up to the rest of the group? I didn't want to assume that she's too strong/not strong enough, so I'll leave that judgement up to you and lemme know if I need to tweak some things :)

@Stickdom Hey! I checked out your character, and I have a few points. First, you can add say two gadgets to your character instead of smaller demons, just change the section header to Gadgets or Items! Also I'd love it if you could go into some detail about how the Hypodermic Gun works, it's effects and so on.

@Stickdom Hey! I checked out your character, and I have a few points. First, you can add say two gadgets to your character instead of smaller demons, just change the section header to Gadgets or Items! Also I'd love it if you could go into some detail about how the Hypodermic Gun works, it's effects and so on.

Yeah, that's the part that's still in progress, I just wanted you to look over her bio and history and such, the gadgets and what they do are still totally WIP, I'm deciding how I want them to work still XD

Addendum - I was going to use one point per gadget, just to make it fair, I have a few skills to throw in too, so it's looking like it's going to be 2 gadgets and 2 skills. I have her "suit" as her Dominant Bind at the moment, since it's just going to give her a general boost to athletics and agility, but nothing too crazy XD

Last edited by a moderator:
@AtlannianSpy @FirePolaris @Sasil @whitepaperplates

Hey guys! I'll be starting the RP soon, putting the first post up tomorrow or day after. Please go ahead and fill up your character sheets! If you have any doubts or questions, I'll be more than willing to answer any questions either on ooc or PM, whichever you prefer. 

I hope to see you guys join the adventure asap!

That's no problem! I suppose I'll have to wait on the sheets a bit so I'll hold off on the first post for now. Let's wait till say the 8th-9th and then we can finally get started!

Hey guys, first post is up! You can get started right away!

Forgive me for the basic formatting and no images but I'm doing this on my phone since my laptop is having issues. I'll pretty everything up soon, in addition to providing additional lore on factions and NPCs soon!

@Stickdom @Tedronai @Mr Kraz @AtlannianSpy 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back