[OOC Thread] The Whispering Meadow [The Lawgivers]

cyl

Creepy smile
for OOC fluff. (because it's not a good idea to put it in a different section of the board)

Game updated, we are missing Toumaline.

I didn't get crazy descriptive with your surroundings, a little short on time today so I can do that later if need be.

By the way guys, this is my first time doing PBP in this forum, so let me know if there are any standards you are used to.

Also, I hope Tourmaline shows up soon. Not that I am worried, I am sure he has a busy weekend like myself. I also really liked his character concept and hilarity will ensue wherever he/she goes.

Tourmaline said:
Sorry for being late, folks. Today was busier than I thought it would be. :P
I don't know if I should address Tourmaline's character as he or she in my GM voice... I want to say she....

I've edited my post btw... suppose I got trapped in the town trying to follow Ame & Tepo ?! :mrgreen:

cyl said:
I've edited my post btw... suppose I got trapped in the town trying to follow Ame & Tepo ?! :mrgreen:
Yeah, assume you are following Ame and Tepo into town. I will post about it here in a bit.

Also, let it be known this will be the one and only time I will 'railroad' you guys into something like a 'mandatory' meeting with the dragon. Should you choose not to show up however I am not going to shoehorn you into magically being forced in there. Other stuff may happen to you because of it, but this meeting is in no form to be indicative of the rest of the game play out. It's more to bring your characters together, through fate.

Depending where you go after this town, I may have to read before posting :D

That is if you go to The Lap or Gem, I will have to read those thirty pages (which is nothing and actually gives me lots of ideas for storyline purposes!)

Let me know guys if and when you want me to speed it up to the town meeting. Normally I would just let you guys tell me where you are going or when you would like to say "Ok, our characters all agree to go to Chariascuro, so lets speed it up on that", in this case however the meeting is the only 'event' I have planned on the horizon.

EDIT: With that said, some of the best roleplaying happens in non-event fashion between NPC and PC or PC and PC alike. :)

Updating in a few hours. Also at any time if I get something wrong in canon exalted call me out I may say "oh its all part of the plan", but most times I don't know the world as well.

If you're not sure about something, just ask around before you post it, we'll gladly share our knowledge of the game !

I will be happy when the church scene is over. Then you guys will be all dynamic story telling, basically the story moves to whatever direction you take it. This is just a form of to A) Get you guys together and B) A very important story hook that if one of you missed in character, you would have no other reason to meet each other....

Or I guess we could have just played it out.... update to come!

Ok, you guys can stop whatever is happening mid way or stop the Dragon from leaving, this is in no way supposed to mean you guys are stuck in the church. You may in fact challenge the dragon to let you help, etc etc....

Also I am trying to find a good picture for this Dragon-Blooded :(

As Red is not living in town and is hunting most of the time.. has she picked up any scent / traces of something odd for the south (lesser demons don't need to feed IIRC but they do love to make creatures suffer).

Also the statement of the Dragon Blooded is strange, he practically assumes to the public that staying in the church is dangerous for Tepo (would not want him here / die from being stupid)... people should panic... should we be concerned as well or is it just poor phrasing ?!

Fun Exalted canon fact: in the Immaculate faith, depiction of the dragons (or any god, actually) is extremely severe heresy. No idols. This would include gargoyles. That's why they have those weird elemental symbols around. Like in most religions that forbid icons, they need SOME symbols.

I don't care what you do about that, since it hardly impacts the game itself, but it's exactly what I said: a fun Exalted canon fact.

P.S. "evening sky" and "3:00 PM" conflict in all cases where you are not near one of Earth's poles.

EDIT: Oh, and cyl, you overestimate how good people are at making logical connections quickly. Someone's gonna figure it out in about half a minute to a minute after the guy leaves, and then, yes, some bad things will happen, but there won't be an immediate riot.

TherealBrickwall said:
Fun Exalted canon fact: in the Immaculate faith, depiction of the dragons (or any god, actually) is extremely severe heresy. No idols. This would include gargoyles. That's why they have those weird elemental symbols around. Like in most religions that forbid icons, they need SOME symbols.
I don't care what you do about that, since it hardly impacts the game itself, but it's exactly what I said: a fun Exalted canon fact.

P.S. "evening sky" and "3:00 PM" conflict in all cases where you are not near one of Earth's poles.
Thanks, I will change this, didn't know this actually and I just tacked it on for a description fluff.

cyl, I meant every word coming from the Dragon. 'fishy' should be the feeling you get, as his logic is not sound.

Takeno hit the nail on the head, the dragon has not 'officially' left and it was poor phrasing on my part. You can stop him still and people have not finally sunk in that "Hey, why is our mayor shittin' bricks and why does Tepo want to stay inside?" "Why did he say he might die if he should be safe inside"... obviously you guys already came to this conclusion, however some could view it as the Dragon being scornful and mean, not exactly stating people will die in the church, but basically just being a jerk about it.

That said, Ebon has stopped the dragon, so its time for another update. Though I didn't give much lead up for you guys to get the impression that Zaria is a man of overconfidence and arrogance, that should come across in this scene. Also, yeah he is a bad speaker as Ebon pointed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back