• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (ooc) sucker for pain ❤

@Wisp you're too kind i am a whole overheated gentle screw up

@scoundrel it's okay! I feel that too ;;;; no sweats though, just go on ahead and hide your post in the character thread if you can, and perhaps move it over into the ooc. <3

@Chrysalism Hello! I hate to disturb you but I see you posted in the character section of the roleplay with your WIP instead of the ooc! Though i did just bug the fuck outta recommend to Wisp to bold the ruling just about now, it was pretty easy to miss earlier. The character thread is used for accepted characters as the ooc is for wip and pending characters (and if I am wrong Wisp strike me down right now). Could you hide your post in the character section and make your character post in the ooc please and thank you? The ruling is stated in the first post of the character thread post!

tis not worry people have done it before

speaking of the characters thread, i've started updating it with information on the academy! the academy itself (and the uniforms) are covered, and next is the dormitories.

@Chrysalism Hello! I hate to disturb you but I see you posted in the character section of the roleplay with your WIP instead of the ooc! Though i did just bug the fuck outta recommend to Wisp to bold the ruling just about now, it was pretty easy to miss earlier. The character thread is used for accepted characters as the ooc is for wip and pending characters (and if I am wrong Wisp strike me down right now). Could you hide your post in the character section and make your character post in the ooc please and thank you? The ruling is stated in the first post of the character thread post!

tis not worry people have done it before

sure thang

wow i just zoomed past the "dont post here tags" oop

@Chrysalism don't worry, i just added the tag, in case it's easier to see! i realized i should have had it in the tag in the first place, to compliment the guidelines section.

(hopefully now no one else will be confused - it's late for me at least and it's not like this has only happened to one person!)

14100f6f6c4337e7.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]The hostile situation[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]name: Zephyr Angelus[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]nickname: Zee[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]age: 18[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]pronouns: he/him[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]orientation: bisexual[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]b i o ;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Angelus family’s name used to be ironic. Zephyr had only heard tales of his ancestors, their portraits decorating the long hallways of the Angelus Mansion. They always had smiles on their faces that made them look..well...[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]heavenly. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]His parents had largely ignored him as a child, and when he learned to walk, he separated himself from his nanny and spent his days exploring. There were no older siblings to play with on those large empty lawns and giant rooms with stiff velvet chairs and old bookcases. So, he spent his days wandering alone. He wondered how his ancestors had been so cheerful. There were no smiles in the house now, only deep frowns and yelling that even the small boy could hear in his room on the other side of the house. His nanny taught him to read, and he used his newfound skill to finally dissect the wonders that the old books had to share. He read about mythical creatures (not that mythical, since here he was) and heroes in shining armor that came to slay them. He read about ancient kingdoms and secretive treasures. Zephyr eventually found records of his family, and it quite interesting to read the records. Some were written by actual family members and signed. His fingers ran over the faded ink, the scrawls almost intelligible, His family had gained wealth like most vampires did; they simply started out with nothing and used their many years to stack up their fortune. His family were called the Peacemakers, and this information made the child laugh. All his family did now was yell and fight. The occasional dinner (mostly raw steaks, but they sometimes added salad just to look proper) was nothing but tension. Zephyr’s father was on the council, and he was a tall an imposing man who demanded attention. His hair was extremely black on his almost translucent skin, and his cheekbones were so imposing that they looked sharp enough to cut. His mother was a beauty, but she had the same razor-sharp qualities his father had. They were both strong-willed and stubborn, and there came many a day their arguments would get physical. Their strength and speed were equally matched, but they fought nonetheless. It seemed to make the house rattle, and Zephyr would hide under his bed when the battle raged. However, it seemed there was some love in the relationship after all. Zephyr couldn’t describe how pained his father looked when he got word of a vampire hunter attack, his wife being the target. Her body was burned at a pyre that was used by all the generations in the family. The boy, only twelve at the time, remembered his father’s steel grip on his shoulder, his words barely heard over the crackle of the pyre’s flames.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“This family must have been cursed. I simply hope you won’t be consumed by the misery it has brought me.” His father’s words had a hint of sadness, but he returned to his normal, clipped tone and thanked everyone for coming. Everything was cleaned up, and the house was empty. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Truly[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] empty this time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]His father took his arguments to the council, who were not the place to go to vent. Zephyr would see his father probably only a few times a week, and it was always when he came home. His face was always warped into a vengeful look, and he’d go into his study and slam the door. He’d stay there all night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Zephyr never really went to school, and he was tutored until he was 15. However, the nanny actually argued his case to his father, saying a teenage boy needed more friends than his staff. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]His father let him simply because the nanny’s pleas were annoying him. Zephyr remembered standing behind the nanny ask she asked his father, He had turned to her, not even acknowledging his only son. Zephyr was just a ghost his father had to put up with, it seemed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He was sent to sanguine academy and was nothing short of a delinquent, and it was extremely annoying for teachers when he acted stupid when he was very intelligent. Zephyr got into a fight on the second day of school over someone asking about his mother. It probably wasn’t even an insult, but it had set the boy off. He had to be practically ripped off of the other student to get him to stop throwing punches. He would have been expelled, but Zephyr’s father paid a generous amount to the school to an enormous degree so he wouldn't have his son embarrass him by getting kicked out of the school. Zephyr got to stay and received detention every Monday for a month instead of getting expelled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Zephyr eventually realized he was arguing so much because he simply needed his father to[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] see [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]him again, if he had even noticed the boy before. However, behind that was some driving need to argue, to fight with tooth and nail. He was tired of it, but he continued. He was a caged animal being prodded with spears he created with his own mind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He managed to get some of it under wrap. He made a few friends who were used to holding him back and knew he needed time for himself, to let his energy out on something that wasn't susceptible to getting hurt. He was afraid of turning his anger on someone he cared for.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Then he learned that there was someone who could cure him. Be the calm to his raging storm, the salve to his wound. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He wants to believe they can help him, but what if he tears himself apart before they can do anything about it? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Theme: I'm jealous of the rain[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[/inhales these sweet, sweet character sheets]

for convenience and reference, the second post i made in the ooc now has links to cs apps, so while i'm not sure any of you will be needing it, it's there if you need it!

[/inhales these sweet, sweet character sheets]

for convenience and reference, the second post i made in the ooc now has links to cs apps, so while i'm not sure any of you will be needing it, it's there if you need it!

is there any extra info on the council? I'm just trying to build my bio with as much stuff as I can 

is there any extra info on the council? I'm just trying to build my bio with as much stuff as I can 

there's not at the moment, but i can flesh out some additional things to help you guys out! i'll do that right now, and since you and one other person are the only ones looking at vampire roles right now, i'll ping you guys in here as soon as it's up! (right now, most extra info exists like the "quick facts" section of the species list (but with more shorthand), so it just has to be written out a little better.)

wait thats the maximum????

pls two paragraphs is just a warmup omg

@SixVillagesTogether @Chrysalism the information on the councils is up! if you need any further information or have any ideas, hit me up!

also, for reference, the problems the aristocrats are facing work differently than the solutions that the donors have to offer - with the aristocrats, their entire family is facing the perceived slight or weakness.

@hearts LOL i didn't realize i wrote maximum instead of minimum - let me fix that! you guys are definitely free to write more!

(i'll ping everyone who's working on profiles to let them know - that's my bad for missing that!)

i just happened to super-summarize on ophelia, but i may end up adding more for hers, too.

@SixVillagesTogether @Chrysalism the information on the councils is up! if you need any further information or have any ideas, hit me up!

also, for reference, the problems the aristocrats are facing work differently than the solutions that the donors have to offer - with the aristocrats, their entire family is facing the perceived slight or weakness.

@hearts LOL i didn't realize i wrote maximum instead of minimum - let me fix that! you guys are definitely free to write more!

(i'll ping everyone who's working on profiles to let them know - that's my bad for missing that!)

thank god u scared me so bad

SixVillagesTogether @Chrysalism the information on the councils is up! if you need any further information or have any ideas, hit me up!

Yay! This will make writing my character's family history a lot easier. And longer. XD

wait thats the maximum????

pls two paragraphs is just a warmup omg

lmao fr i don't mess around with the character creation tbh 

i just happened to super-summarize on ophelia, but i may end up adding more for hers, too.

seriously a gotdamn R E L I E F lmao

also if it was lgbt relationships you were worried about it looks like it won't be too much a problem here also I L I V E

@Chrysalism i scare myself, are you kidding! for a different roleplay i'd had a "maximum" because larger backstories weren't needed, but for this one?? completely welcome.

@Kiowa @Vampunk @Tori Bradley @scoundrel @duende

alright, just hitting up everyone else that's posted in here so far (since i'm sure you've seen the cs already) that it's two paragraphs minimum for the bio, not maximum!

just, right now all i can think of is ;

fool.gif

rip @ me and my mess ups, thank you guys so much for pointing them out and asking questions!

you can definitely expect an expansion on ophelia when i have the time, because apparently my own typo got to me, lmao

@hearts HONESTLY YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HYPE I AM.... I'M THRIVING.

whilst here i cry because i tried so hard to cram into two paragraphs

i made the shittest bio, completed it, and you come to me telling me it was a mere typo

et tu @Wisp? then fall dracogenius!

[dies]

@Dracogenius look, if you're not resurrecting, the shiny things are now mine, you dragon wizard. (but you leave my trash out of this! it's done nothing to you!)

(ps, dorm info will be up shortly, guys!)

at the moment, all of the extra information is up to date! if there's anything else that you need to know, or if i messed something up, just ping me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back