• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece- A new Adventure

ChazGhost

The Phantom Hexblade
"My fortune is yours for the taking... but you'll have to find it first. I left everything I own in One Piece!"
-Gol D. Roger

...Those words kicked of what has come to be know as the great pirate age. Many legends will born during era, both heroes and villains. Though of course all legends have a beginning. And the legend of one... interesting crew began in town called Shells...

Pen was snoring loudly as his raft hit land. He abruptly woke up as dog start licking him. "huh... where am I now...?" Pen said looking up and asking the dog who just barked. Pen just groaned as he got up and grabbed his cloak that he was using as sail. He put it on to keep in adorableness and wings hidden.

About an half hour later Pen made it to town which seemed to very higher alert with many marine guarding different areas. Pen decide to keep a big distance from them and quickly entered an alley way to hide and figure things outs. But just as he entered the alley a marine spotted him. "Hey! I spotted a strange man going down that alley. You think that the assassin we heard about?" the marine said to two others.

"Maybe... Lets check it out." another marine said taking charge and leading to the alley Pen went in...

Berries Berries Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam Acethekidd Acethekidd AceofRoses AceofRoses Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide Nubian_Legend Nubian_Legend (If your character has been accepted you may post and introduce your character into the world. The RP has officially started!)

It had been three weeks since Jared broke out of that small hell hole that the Marine's called a prison and he was in top shape. He commandeered a ship and after spending most the time sailing had arrived at a town called Shells...at possibly the worst time he could. Jared had been chased by Marine's for as long as he can remember, he had been thrown into Marine jail twice and managed to escape both times so when he arrived at Shell's island to find it on high alert with Marines running all over the town it was bad news for the wanted Musician.

Arriving fully in town Jared decided not to hide after all it was unlikely they were looking for him, it was much more likely that something was going on in town and the Marines were looking for a cause. Jared also knew that he wasn't a well-known pirate, more than anything he was more known for his daring escapes but luckily with that the stories of what Jared looks like ranges from an extremely small man whose face is unknown to a huge giant whose pure strength can break apart anything, he knew for a fact that they were no pictures of him that the Marines had so a bounty on him was extremely unlikely which was advantageous.

Jared paused for a second getting a good view of the town, on his back was a guitar case something he carried everywhere with him if anything it's that that gives him away after all both the times he had been caught he had it on him but he had faith that the Marines can't arrest someone on a hunch. Jared kept just at the entrance of the town watching and listening, his devil fruit allowed him to hear all sorts even from the other side of town after all talking makes Soundwaves and he was a Soundwave human so hearing things was just what he did. He heard a conversation near him that caught is attention. It was two Marines who mentioned that they saw a strange man going into an alleyway, while that was interesting it was the next bit that he was more interested in. "You think that the Assassin we heard about?" One of the Marines said which caused Jared just to smirk, so this is what the whole fuss is about.

Jared finally began walking and he arrived quickly by the two Marines. As they turned around to investigate the person behind them Jared raised his hands and placed one by each of their ears. He sent Soundwaves directly into their ears, the Soundwaves were extremely high-frequency and rapid, it wouldn't do any serious damage...as long as they don't like their hearing, not like it would deafen them but more give them hearing damage. The two instantly dropped to the floor trying to cover their ears. Around the area, Jared instantly began absorbing all sound around the two suppressing their shouts.

Jared slowly began walking down the alleyway and in front of him he was met with a lumbering mass which just confused him if this was the assassin it wasn't what he expected and truth be told he was a little let down, still who knows this could be unexpectedly interesting. "You know for an assassin your awfully easy to track down." Jared said, truth be told this guy might not even be the assassin but calling him out is the best way to figure that out anyhow.

ChazGhost ChazGhost

Narumi was a smart girl she was also a very good liar and had a skill for deception. It was a skill she had used to worm her way out of even the toughest of spots. This time however Narumi had made a terrible mistake as she was standing with her back against a wall as marines had her cornered. "Alright you dirty assassin talk where is the rest of your gang!" Narumi was minding her business getting a drink at the bar when some guy bumped into causing her drink to spill. The two got into an argument when Narumi realized the man was a marine she decided to try and scare him. Coming up with the great lie that she was the leader of an assassin group and could have their boss, needless to say that caused a lot of problems. So here Narumi was pinned as the leader of an assassin group that doesn't exist being forced to rat out team mates who don't exist.

That's she spotted a man walking past he seemed pretty assassin looking. Using her quick wits Narumi pointed towards the man speaking loudly so as the marines clearly hear her. "Oi it's about time my trusty right hand man!" The marines all turned to spot this man it was clear they shared Narumi's thoughts on his appearance. "Damn assassin get him!" The marines charged the man meanwhile Narumi quickly hid herself in a barrel. She didn't need to peak out or anything to still know what was happening thanks to her ability. She still doesn't know what the actual name is but she calls it her Mind Eyes. "Seeing" the marines approached the man she could only for sorry that he had to be her scapegoat. "My deepest apologies man I never even got to learn the name of."
Berries Berries

It had been two weeks since Kanto had descended from Skypeia to explore the world, and he had somehow arrived in some town called Shells. He had been browsing the marketplace trying to figure out what kinds of food they had here - bitterly frustrated at the fact that he had no money that he could use to buy anything - and hadn't noticed the fact that the marines were swarming the town. In fact, he had little clue about what the marines were in the first place. Despite the fact that he was there on a peaceful visit, he did have his rollerskates on and his spear in one hand. However, casually browsing the stalls as he was, he didn't anticipate any trouble. Noticing that a commotion seemed to be going on between the men in white uniforms and some woman, Kanto paused for a second to watch. He wasn't sure what the customs were like in this land, so he hesitated on what course of action he could take.

The man was about to simply move on and continue his own business when suddenly he heard the woman yell. Turning around to see her pointing at him, Kanto's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to process her words. He was an assassin? Since when? Kanto was about to try and settle the misunderstanding when he saw the white uniformed men start charging at him. His fight-or-flight instinct triggered immediately, and the Shandian's eyes narrowed as his pursuers came at him. He did not miss it when his accuser ducked into a barrel and hid herself. So that's how it is, the man realized, a small grin coming to his face. He didn't like the fact that she was exploiting him for her own gain, and his temper was thus triggered. He was prepared to simply storm over there and give that woman a piece of his mind - or spear, more like - but he soon realized that he would have to get through these uniformed men first.

Seven opponents. Not that difficult. Beginning to propel his skates forward, charging directly into the group, the Shandian caught the marines by surprise. They scattered in order to clear his path but each of his hands found the hair of one of the marines who he threw around to knock four of the others over like bowling pins. However, they soon began to recover, and Kanto felt a sneeze creeping up on him. Scowling as he realized he wouldn't be able to fight while sick, while the marines were still picking themselves off of the floor he quickly skated over to where the woman's barrel was and tipped it over sideways. Rapidly beginning to roll it along the ground so that they could both make their escape, Kanto chuckled at the fact that rolling the woman around wound be a pretty decent form of revenge.

"Ah, my trusty boss, how'd you get into this mess?" The Shandian commented sarcastically, skidding to a stop once he judged they had left the uniformed men behind. He popped open the lid to the barrel and stood to the side to glare at the woman who had nearly caused him a lot of grief.
Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

"Father, we came all the way here from alabasta to take out this man? He doesn't seem to look all that tough. Heh, maybe we can look around some before taking this guy down." Naive Aslan, He had always seem to judge a book by it's cover. It would lead to his downfall . His mentor, Aslan 's father had told the young mink this many times before. Just as expected from his father, Aslan didn't soak in the wisdom he shares with his mink son."I think I'll grab a snack before we finish him off." Aslan felt the paper being snagged out his hands." Hey! What was that for? "

"You idiot, this isn't the time to mess around here. This man is extremely dangerous . He's responsible for countless death throughout Alabasta. Towns fell because of this man." His female comrade grunted. " if we kill this man, and bring back his body as proof, we will become rich." Suddenly, an older man appeared before him." She's right son. Take this more seriously. Our foe is strong..why else would the boss gather the strongest group for this. "

" Your right, sorry father. Ok I'll get more serious." Aslan smacked his cheeks with his hands

Aslan's father smiled faintly. " Anyway, we have a little problem. Marines are swarming the town, looking for an assassin. I don't know if they are after any of us. " he stroked his fuzzy chin." Aslan, If you can, distract them long enough until we find and take down our target. You do want to have fun..right?" A smirk became came on his face

The ferret 's eyes lid up brightly. " You mean it father? Alright! Leave it to me!" Aslan didn't give his father any time to respond back and quickly headed to where the marines there. He landed in a circle of marines, his blades begin to to pulse with eletric." Wait..that red scarf..if that guy..He haves to be! The group of assassins from Alabasta! Men, seige that boy."

Aslan inhaled a deep breath, shifting his pose." Shōmei ha; Lighting dance!" The mink struck down the marines that surrounded him with fast strikes. He was moving so fast, that it looked like as if lighting was dancing around, hence the name. Aslan sighed and rubbed the back of head, glancing at the marines he had taken down. Eletric had jumped around on their bodies." Pops said this would be fun..."​

Hans flipped through the metal-bound book languidly as he strode down the streets slowly.

Shells. A small town, on high alert, considering rumors have been spreading about someone who is targeting the captain of this town's marine post.

The reason he came here is rather simple. Pirates flock almost everywhere, however, most stay away from places they could be caught and arrested. Pirates that stays on an island that is heavily policed? They ought to be interesting.

His eyebrow rose as he heard muffled talking, coming from an alley way. Taking his time he walked into the alley finding a man with tattoos running across his arm and torso, and long wild blue hair. The way he dressed and the tattoos seemed oddly familiar for some reason, but he couldn't place it.

"-to this mess?" The man finished talking... into a barrel? Hans raised an eyebrow before snickering louder than he'd like to admit. Well, he supposed that seeing how they react to his presence would be amusing.

"Go on, don't mind me!" Hans encouraged nonchalantly, performing a 'Go on' gesture.
~~~
Berries Berries Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Really, today was a day to celebrate, despite the apparent chaos going in town. Four months, four months she had worked. Hammering, shaving, packing, and in general giving her all into the latest ship. An understandable reaction, since it was the largest so far. Brought in as barely floating and with masts shattered, Haru had acquired it for the trade of her own ship at the time which was tiny but functional. Her mentor had laughed, then he had given over a good section of his shipyard to the project. He had also showed her the techniques to work on the larger ships and showing her how to craft the vessel into the best it could be.

This morning had marked the day it was finished, the day that they removed the chops and the ship rolled down into the sea once again. The sails had unfurled enough to draw it out into the harbor to anchor. There Haru had tied it and gone below deck. Her hammock was high up, settled in the rafters of the hold where it wouldn't be seen when she decided to start showing the ship. This ship was impressive, and she was proud, but it wasn't her dream. Taking stock of the ship and ensuring that everything was holding well she climbed up into the rafters and laid out. She could get to showing the ship later, probably elsewhere actually, one of the large port towns where she could stare at the massive ships. Until then she would be relaxing high up, sipping at a bottle and just listening to the creak and sway, letting it lull her to sleep, oblivious to whatever trouble in town. The ship was anchored legally after all and the hold held only The basic supplies.

As she waited in her barrel Narumi thanks to her Mind Eyes was able to see this man treat the marines like bowling pins. Then skate right past them and to her barrel a bad feeling washed over her, only for it to be realized when he pushed the barrel and sent her rolling. Inside the barrel Narumi began to spin as well. "Oh god I think I'm gonna be sick!" She exclaimed just as the barrel came to a halt the lid popping off Narumi flopped onto the floor just outside the barrel green in the face. She promptly threw up a little in her mouth and regretfully swallowed the bile sickened by the taste she gagged. "Ew." Without turning her head she could tell he was glaring at her so Narumi began operation Blind time! "Is anyone there? She felt around on the ground like a small child until she touched the tattooed man. Looking upwards in his direction she titled her head. "Excuse sir but I was cornered by some mean men talking about assassin's and what not. Scared I tried to turn their attention away only to throw someone else under the bridge by accident, I do hope he is ok." Blind time was simple all she had to do was make someone think she was blind which wasn't hard since well she was.

One look at her face and the obvious scar across both her eyes horizontally, combined with her faded color and stare would let you know she is in fact blind. Narumi had this in the bag there was no way this guy was gonna know she could see thanks to Mind eye plus even if he did know, would he really hit a blind girl? That last thought sent a shiver up Narumi's spin as she realized with his tattoo's and way he just handled those marines, he could be a pirate. Worst of all a pirate probably would hit a blind girl, even worse Narumi fancied herself pretty attractive so what he wanted to do something worse than just beat her up!? All she could do was hope he not only bought the bluff but wasn't as mean as his appearance made him seem.
Berries Berries Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide

Right when he got into the alley Pen heard the marines once he deep enough in the alley he turned quickly around ready to fight. But when he did he didn't see marines but a man with a guitar on his back. If that wasn't enough of surprise the man then accused him of being a assassin. "An assassin... Is that why there marines every where?" Pen asked looking pass the stranger to see the two marines he knocked out. "Well I'm sorry but I'm not a assassin but a..." Pen said before lowing hood to show he was a panda. "Panda. What Panda would become assassin? Besides your guy who knocked out two marines not me" Pen said pointing out the obvious.

Another marine who was patrolling saw two other marines who were knocked out and people... silently screaming?! The marine then turned back and started running back to the base for marines on the island. Once there he reached the heavily guarded shortly after. Once inside he was joined by another marine. In a huge desk in the back of the room was large older looking man with large grey beard. "Captain Wilson I found two knocked out marines!" the first one reported.

"Well I found the assassin... well assassins... And then I lost them. But I have other looking for them. The assassins seem to a be a young women and a shirtless man with tattoos." The other marine reported.

The captain gave a sigh. "I see. Make sure to caught them alive. No one threaten a marine captain life and gets just a simple death" the captain said placing his hand on a piece of paper with a death threat on it. The paper then started to slowly to decay as he kept his hand on it. "I will take care of them in the end." he said with the paper now only a dusty mess.

Meanwhile in the local restaurant a man in sunglasses and a marine uniform was calmly drinking as he heard marine shouting to hunt down a women and a man without a shirt with tattoos. The man simply smirked at news. "Well my job here will be a lot easier. Leaving a note really worked like the old hage said it would" The man said before getting up and walking out of the restaurant.
Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam

Kanto had been focused on glaring the woman down when some loud snickering came from the entrance of the alleyway. His head whipping around to locate the source of the sound, his eyes narrowed as he saw a shaggy-haired man standing there. Eyebrows furrowing in confusion as the man told him to 'go ahead', Kanto's head switched between the man and the woman who had just fallen out of the barrel in confusion. The woman seemed to have completely lost her bearings and was fumbling around on the floor, whereas the man seemed to just be standing there and watching. Perplexed, Kanto continued to hesitate. That's when the woman spoke for the first time, asking if anybody was there. Slowly the realization that she was blind started to dawn on the Shandian.

For awhile he resisted the conclusion. He was absolutely certain that she had been pointing right at him earlier, but how could that be possible if she was blind? Not to mention that she had jumped into the barrel looking like she knew exactly where it was. However, looking at her now, Kanto could clearly see two scars over her eyes. One thing was certain, then, and that was that she could not possibly see out of those eyes. Brushing off his misgivings, Kanto abruptly felt incredibly guilty. He had just rolled a blind woman around after a simple misunderstanding, and now she seemed to be suffering. He consoled himself with the fact that at least he had gotten them both out of danger, unless the man at the entrance of the alleyway was a threat.

"What do you want?" He asked the snickering man coldly, trying to figure out what to do. "If you pose a threat, fight me now and we'll be done with it." Kanto threatened, tapping the butt of his spear once on the floor in an intimidation tactic. Meanwhile, the blind woman had found his feet apparently and he started when he unexpectedly got touched. "Uh- don't worry about it, I guess. I'm the one you threw under the bridge, but it looks like we're fine as long as this fellow doesn't mean harm." Kanto remarked, lowering his voice a little bit. He still felt guilty, but at the same time he was also prepared to fight the dark-haired man if need be. "Um, here let me help you up." He commented to the woman, learning his spear against the wall for a moment as he pulled the woman up by her shoulders to get her on her feet.

Picking the spear back up, Kanto spun around on his skates to face the other man in preparation for his answer.
Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide

Narumi let the tattooed man lift her up being lifted up to her feet wasn't surprising she wasn't a very heavy person to begin with. It helped he seemed pretty strong himself Narumi knew of the other man before the tattoo man said anything of course. Though she waited for him to point the guy out for her before saying anything. In this moment Narumi took a second to be glad that operation Blind time worked out for her. 'Yes! He bought it seems I just scored myself a handy bodyguard.' Narumi to drive home the act of helplessness grabbed the arm of her new found bodyguard. "I'm very sorry for causing you trouble, if you got hurt cause of me I can help I know some basic things about first aid." Saying she knew the basics was an understatement Narumi was a damn good doctor but saying that a blind girl was a damn good doctor was pretty strange to say the least. From the looks of the other man she figured her body guard could take him, so she figured he wouldn't wanna make this a fight.

Feeling real generous she decided to play nice for a bit. "Well my name is Narumi, why don't we all just take a moment to calm any tenstion between the three of us." She smiled in order to drive home the idea of being nice to the two, she didn't know about this new guy but she figured Mr.Body guard would stand down now as he clearly felt guilty for rolling her in the barrel, which he should.
Berries Berries Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide

"Kehehehe..." His snickering came to a stop slowly as he calmed down, hearing the man.

"Oh, I don't want anything! I was just curious as to why you were talking into a barrel," Hans spoke, although that was one of his reasons he had several others, which meant he would not leave them alone until he got his answers.

"Although I suppose I know now why you were talking to the barrel!" He said cheerily, glancing at the girl, who was for all he knew at the time was most likely blind, although Hans learned to not trust all that he hears and sees. He shifted as well, getting into a position where he could start darting away if need be.

Hans smiled as the newly introduced Narumi introduced herself and tried to lessen the strain on the atmosphere currently. "Oh yes, how very rude--" He chuckled as if the concept of being rude amused him greatly, "-of me not to introduce myself!"

Hans did a half bow and nodded at both of them, "I am... Hans. Nice to meet you 'Barrel Girl' and her companion!" He decided to give the woman a fitting nickname, since calling people by their name is boresome, and she could let something slip if sufficiently riled up.
~~~

Aslan sighed and looked around, shrugging ." Oh well, I guess pops will take care of that man. Wonder how this shell town or whatever the name is like when marines and assassins aren't trying to run a muck." The mink had spotted a cafe in the distance and walked inside. " Oh, you guys have tuna sandwiches? I'll take one please and...some water will do." The woman behind the counter was confused and scared at what was going, quickly fixing him his order. " R-red scarf..Alabasta assassin! Please! Just take it and go! I don't want to die!" The sobbing woman darted in the back of the cafe

"Well,geez...thanks lady." Aslan sighed and laid some money on the counter, biting into his sandwich as he walked out the cafe, bumping into someone. " H-hey! Watch it..oh.." Aslan stuff the rest of sandwich in his mouth." Well, would ha look at the time, gotta run!"

Nope! He wasn't getting away that fast. This marine, who was talked then most of these buildings had lifted Aslan up and snorted. " Seriously? They called me off the ship to deal with a rat?! How annoying!" The man shouted in anger. His grip of the mink was gone when he bit into his hand with eletric coated teeth.

" Whoa. .that was close. I guess I really will have fun." Aslan smirked." The bigger they are, the harder I hit them. "​

Flinching a little bit as the blind woman grabbed his arm, Kanto's immediate reflex was to try and shake her off when he realized once more that he had caused her suffering and the least that he could do was be her walking stick for a little bit. "Uh, no worries. I'm not hurt." He responded to her, wondering how she would be able to preform any first aid without her sight but figuring that she would be able to do some basic things. After all she seemed to have been getting along okay by herself beforehand, so she must be able to take care of herself somehow.

The stranger man's attitude was beginning to irritate Kanto and he was about to demand that the man leave when Narumi introduced herself and suggested that they calm down their tensions. After the Hans fellow stated his name as well, Kanto scowled a little bit. Not wanting to seem rude he supposed he'd have to say his name as well but the Hans man left a fowl taste in his mouth with his mocking attitude. "Kanto." The Shandian stated shortly. Looking back to Narumi, his eyebrows furrowed. "Who were those men in white from earlier? Will they come after us again?" He asked her, before looking back up at Hans.

"If you're going to stick around you might as well help us out. Some weird men were after Narumi, I guess I've been wrapped up in it as well now." He told the man, seeing that he didn't really know where he was or where he should go from here.

Jared watched as the tall assassin turned around. Jared didn't put his guard up since he didn't want to show any signs of aggression but he was still ready in case anything went wrong. Jared was confused at first at why this person was curious if that's why they are marines everywhere. Jared watched as the being mentioned that he wasn't an assassin and after pulling down his hood instead of that he was a panda. Jared was just confused a talking Panda, this was a strange day for him to say the least. "Wait hang on forget about this assassin business, for now, you're a panda...A TALKING PANDA that can't be normal." Jared said before his head finally got around the whole situation he had no idea who or how this panda was or how it was talking but this was cool, to say the least. "So if you're not an assassin what are you?" Jared asked he was curious about this Panda now.
ChazGhost ChazGhost (sorry for short post major writer's block)

Pen was used to people freaking out about talking pandas so he gave the stranger a moment to get a hold of himself. "Yes I'm a talking panda... a Pangon but that a compacted idea to get around. So lets stick to talking panda for now" Pen said when the stranger said a talking panda can't be normal. His eyes sparkled with excitement the stranger asked who he was. ...This guy could take out two marines... without being caught... This maybe my chance to final get my first crew member... Pen thought to himself. "You ask what I am, well my good man I am the soon to be great pirate captain Pen Drake" Pen said walking forward to the stranger and placing his hand on the man shoulder. "So who are you?" Pen asked.
Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam (No problem, I said you needed at least a paragraph and you have a paragraph)
The marines where now looking for a tattooed shirtless man and a blind woman as well as people in red scarfs after some civilians reported seeing a red scarfed men, Alabasta assassins, in town, including one who took down several marines. The marines instead of be widely spread out decide to go into squads to search, which make take more time to search but give them more of a chance in a fight. The captain was waiting his heavily guarded office for either the assassins to make there move or for his men to bring them to him.
Berries Berries Acethekidd Acethekidd Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide

As the man she now knew as Hans introduced himself she figured this was going well. Then he gave her a strange nickname of Barrel Girl and she cleared her throat. "Well it's nice we all have gotten each other's names, as for you question Kanto. Those were Marines they enforce the laws around here, and it seems they thought I was some kind of assassin and of course you know the rest. I do believe they will be coming after us if we don't find the real assassin's." The fact he had no clue about the Marines meant this guy had to be from some far away place. Narumi realized she had forgotten she completely made up the assassin's thus they'd have to find some sorry saps to pin the blame on. Sensing movement Narumi focused seeing a group of marines were soon going to turn the corner. Quickly Narumi took a step forward faking tripping over Kanto's spear as she threw herself into an alleyway. "Woah!"

Narumi knew her trusty bodyguard was tough but she didn't wanna risk throwing him into the oven before seeing if he could handle the fire. She'd first need to see just how tough he really was before they took on any large groups. Especially since she knew nothing about this Hans guy who they had just met and seemed to be pretty sarcastic.
Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide Berries Berries

Aslan studied his opponent for a moment." Big guy..he might a little slow. Teh, this won't hard eh?" The mink's blade started to flow with electric ." Shōmei ha; Lighting Rush!" With an blink of an eye, Aslan had seem to vanish , appearing behind the large man on one knee." Got..him~" Aslan's ear twitch and looked behind him. The man's side was covered with steel." Whoa! No way. .devil fruit user? Damn, that's so lame. Just gotta hit harder." Aslan used lighting dance this time, hitting the big man multiple times. It was useless, his blades couldn't penetrate that steel of his. The big marine manged to catch Aslan by the tail. " I forgot minks could use that annoying eletric ability. You remind of this one mink, who uses blades and swords. To bad, he was such a good marine, so close to getting promoted to." He spun Aslan by the tail and slung him.

Aslan slid across the ground and held his head. " Devil fruit. ..so overrated . My blades cant cut through him at all." He grunted, trying to get up, but his body was hurting him. " Ouch..I cant fight him like this."

Jared just simply nodded as the Pangon now known to him as Pen Drake talked, it turned out that both himself and the Pen shared a similar occupation they were both pirates. A smile covered Jared's face he had been looking for a captain and a captain that's a Panda well it's like a dream come true. "So it's a Panda...that's a pirate captain." Jared muttered before he continued nodding. Jared finally stopped nodding as Pen asked Jared about who he was, Jared simply moved his hand to his guitar case. "My name is Jared Del Rey or known better as Jared De Danser, I am a musician, pirate and as of lately escapist of Marine jails." Jared said heck he may as well put everything out in the open about him. "Oh and yeah I also am a devil fruit eater, I am a Soundwave Human which is how I managed to take the two marines out with ease." Jared added before smiling. "Now you wouldn't happen to be looking for a crew would you? Since I happen to be looking to join one."
ChazGhost ChazGhost

Pen was getting excited inside when Jared introduce himself and said he devil fruit powers. Then he almost couldn't hold it when he said he wanted to join him. "Of course my crew is always open." Pen said still holding his excitement some how. He then held out his hand to shake. Then after Jared did or did not shake Pen's hand a very large group of marines turned walked by and looked down the alley at Pen. Pen the Marine looked at each other for a long moment.

"Hey didn't they one of assassins from Alabasta was a mink..." One marine asked.

"Yeah... He could be one of them. Get him!" The Marine yelled pointing at Pen.

Pen was confused for a second as the marine charged. Then after a quick count of marines, he figured there was about twenty going down the alley. "Lets get out of here!" Pen said grabbing Jared's arm. Figuring there were probably more nearby and figuring they couldn't take these guy before more showed up. Pen then started running down the alley and into the main street dragging Jared behind if he didn't run with him.
Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam

Haru hadn’t actually realized just how soundproof her little nest was. Even vaguely focused as she was on listening to the little creaks of the ship as it rocked almost unperceivable in the waves it took until Marine boots were actively tromping up the gang plank for Haru to notice the military presence. Faint annoyance crossed her features as she swung off the hammock and caught on one of the rafters. Releasing her hold she dropped to the floor of the hold, the wood holding solid under her. Making her way past the handful of crates she caught the handle of the massive sledge hammer. The piece settled across her back, the harness strap across her chest, the quick release hidden around the side amidst the pouches that were attached to her belt.

She made it up the stairs two at a time, pushing the hatch settled far up on the deck open. “Yah! What?” The group that greeted her was larger than she would have thought for simple ship inspections. Blinking she looked over, quickly counting the sheer number. Was something going on? Probably. Her obvious bristling calmed somewhat as she looked to the town. It didn’t look like it was on fire at least. Were they chasing someone? “Is there something I can help you with?” Was that a crackle of electricity?

She looked back at the lead of the group who approached her, drawing out the documentation on the ship without actually really thinking about it just in case he wanted to know why the ship was sitting in harbor unmarked. Well, mostly unmarked. She had outright replaced the back section where the old name had been when she redid the higher back deck and the sails were a pale standard cloth that was currently tucked up nice and neat where they belonged. The front however had proven to be solid enough still that it would have been far more risk, money, and effort than it was worth to replace the curved boards. Haru had filled in the carvings and sanded and stained until it was almost invisible, the fact that occasionally the light would catch it at just the right angle to reveal something driving the shipwright up the wall.

The marines didn’t seem to care much about her ship at least, being far more interested in if she had seen any sign of assassins. Haru shook her head. “Nah, I’ve been below deck since we got her here. Just me and maybe a mouse.”

“A mouse? On a brand new ship?”

“Refurbished.” She said, one hand held up. “And it’s a family joke. If you want you are welcome to search the ship.” It wouldn’t take long. It may have been a two masted sloop but it wasn’t a large ship by most means. The shallow bottom meant she would do fine close up against the shore and might even be able to run up some rivers but at the price of a large haul. Above water she held only a handful of guns, barely enough to be called a deterrent to pirate crews. Oar arms could be dropped from either side but those were limited and were more of a last resort type of thing, or maybe a maneuvering advantage. The deck held only the basics, the back rising up a single tier that housed the kitchen and two more rooms. Haru hadn’t bothered to change or alter them, she had just stripped them out for the eventual owner to decide. The front where it was too narrow for cargo held three more rooms although again those were stripped bare.

They seemed believing enough, Haru watching them leave. For a few moments she stared out across the docks, watching them move from ship to ship. Then she shrugged, looking to the city. Going out to find the assassins wasn’t overly tempting to her. Now, had they been pirates she might have. Pirates tended to need ships and she just happened to have one she was willing to trade gold for, even if she had to convince them that the slanted crossbraces on the masts were fine. It would sail perfectly well if they wanted to do the square sails like most were used to. It’d sail even better if someone happened to know how to use triangle sails. Smirking she pushed off. Maybe the next time she got interrupted in her silent celebration it would be profitable. The shipwright disappeared back under the deck and after setting the sledgehammer back by its spot at the base of the stairs she climbed back up to her position.

A mink that use to be an marine? Yes...this story seems familiar. His father told him the story once..about a legendary swordsman that was apart of the marines. It had always been his dream to find him..and claim his title as an powerful swordsman to. Aslan manged to get on one knee, planting on of his blades on the ground. A smirk came across his face." Sorry big guy..I cant let you get me. I gotta find that swordsman and take him down."

" Really now? Well, to bad that dream will never come true! " the big marine swung his heavy metal fist , but Aslan manged to roll out the way. He counter with swift blows from his blades, but the marine had blocked it his false metal hand." Like I said, your attacks wont work kid."

Aslan grunted and jumped back." My body hurts...I dont think I can last much longer." The young mink studied the marine more. " if hes a devil fruit user..wouldn't he fight me by turning his body into metal...unless. .hes not a devil fruit user. " Aslan smirked." Light bulb..."​

Hans noted Kanto's name and was pleased to find the man glaring at him for a moment before turning towards the girl before asking about the marines most likely. He was about to answer his question, however, barrel girl did so before him. She picked herself up but then proceeded to trip near immediately on the spear Kanto held.

Sadly, it seemed that his luck had failed him, as before he could laugh at barrel girl's misery he heard several voices chattering about. Then three marines came around the corner into the alley they were in.

"Ya know Dan... You owe me some belly don't ya?" One of the older and larger marines on the left slowly mentioned, before the younger one in the middle groaned as the right one stifled a snicker.

"Dammit, I hoped you wouldn't remember that..." 'Dan' all but glared at the man at the left, before the rather gaunt right one noticed their presence.

"Hey-- Wait a second... Oi aren't these them assassins?" The right one inquired to the other marines.

"Isn't one of 'em supposed to be a woman?" The large one replied back, before the younger one, an eager gleam in his eyes as he grinned started to speak.

"I mean there one who matches the description right?" The middle marine pointed out, and they nodded, "Why don't we capture them both? I mean that one is probably an accomplice right?" They blurted quickly, but it seemed that both marines agreed with him.

Before they could rush Hans and Kanto, knives stabbed all of them in the arm or legs, eliciting a surprised yelp from all of them.

They focused back on them, which Hans had a mile wide grin, and held a small throwing knife with a layer of some sort of white paste. Perhaps lady luck hadn't left him, he thought with glee beyond measure, already devising a plan. As they all pulled out the shallowing stuck knives out they got ready to restrain them all.

"Aha correct you are!" Hans exclaimed, drawing surprised reactions from them before he raised three fingers.

"I am indeed the assassin and the girl you speak of and this man are my collaborators!" He pulled down a finger, as he nodded to Kanto

"Tell them Variable the Assassin is after the captain of this marine station!" Hans cackled as his second finger went down, the marines losing focus in their eyes.

"And now... sleep!" He seemed to command before they dropped to the floor like puppets with their strings cut.

Hans turned and shouted to Kanto, "Follow me comrade!" before darting into the alleyway that barrel girl slipped into.

Kehehehehe. This will certainly set the stage for an interesting story!
~~~

Looking at Narumi as she answered his question, Kanto wasn't sure where he was supposed to look. He wanted to look at her eyes, but the fact that she was blind put him off so he ended up awkwardly staring at a point above her head. He digested the information about the marines quickly, nodding a few times as she explained. While he was considering his next course of action, Kanto jolted a bit when Narumi started walking forward and tripped over his spear. About to follow her into the alleyway she tripped into in order to make sure she was okay, Kanto's attention was distracted when a few more voices echoed out from around the corner.

Staring at the white uniformed men as they turned the corner, Kanto processed them for a few seconds. Law enforcers? He should probably explain the situation to them and how he wasn't an assassin then-

Before Kanto could do anything, the marines had come to the conclusion that he was an assassin once again had just started forward to capture him when a bunch of knives sprung out of nowhere. Blinking a few times, it took Kanto a few seconds to realize that Hans had been the one to attack them. Glancing cautiously over at Hans as he began to speak, Kanto's expression deadpanned at his words. For the second time, it seemed, he was being accused of being an assassin today.

Kanto's instincts told him to flee, but he quickly realized he had no idea where he could go and would likely get lost and captured. Seeing that he didn't know what happened to prisoners in this land, he figured it would be best to avoid that fate. Therefore, Kanto just stood glaring resentfully at Hans as the man spouted a bunch of nonsense about assassins and death threats. Confused when the men dropped to sleep on command, Kanto simply shoved all his confusion aside and decided to use his brain later. For now, he had to get out of here.

Complying with Hans' command to follow, Kanto skated into the alleyway. "I'm no comrade of yours." The Shandian growled at Hans in irritation, locating Narumi rather quickly. It seemed she hadn't gotten far in the alleyway, which was good. "We're being chased again," he informed the woman in case she hadn't heard, "can you run or shall I carry you?" He asked, not wanting to be held up by the tripping blind girl. Casting a glance at Hans, Kanto sighed heavily. "Do you have a plan, comrade?" He questioned the man.

Narumi "tripped" into the alleyway out of the sight of the group of marines she stayed low to the ground waiting. She watched the marines approached and then after a couple of seconds drop after Hans threw what she guessed were knives. While not hearing most of the conversation she did hear Hans say something about them being assassins. Narumi turned shocked seeing Kanto as he offered to carry her, it took only a second for Narumi to reply. "Yes I don't think I could keep up otherwise." While that sounded like her speaking as if it meant she'd have to be careful not to run into anything. What it really meant was after seeing him move she was certain they'd leave her behind if she didn’t hitch a ride. Narumi also had to make sure to keep an eye on Hans as he was clearly more than he appeared.

“Well so much for finding the real culprits it seems that after that they’ll be sure we’re the assassins. No way they’ll listen to reason at this point since now both of you have attacked the marines. We should find a way off the island either of you have a boat of some kind?” Narumi would’ve ditched the two and headed for her ship if she had one to begin with, she only made it to the island after stowing away on another ship. With the high alert no ships were allowed to leave so they’d have to first off find a ship and second off not get sunken by the marines. As they ran down the alleyway Narumi could see a pair in the alleyway next to them. One with a large frame the other smaller but after Hans she didn’t trust size to say anything about combat potential. The two seemed to be talking then began to make their way out their alleyway she wanted to warn the others but also didn’t wanna blow operation blind time.

All she could do was grit her teeth as they rushed out of the alleyway and was met with the pair. The smaller one a scary looking guy who seemed like he was some kind of hired gun. While the larger man was....a panda? She began to think her Mind Eyes were acting up and she was just wrong about what she thought she saw. So she simply stayed quiet and waited to see what the others said. Whoever that larger man was he must of been some kind of master of disguise to fool even her Mind Eyes.
ChazGhost ChazGhost Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide Berries Berries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back