One on One vs Group RPs

Bethari

When you're thinking about making an RP, how do you tell whether or not the idea would be more suited for a group or a one-on-one?

Spoiler: The idea in question, if it helps at all.

San Francisco: a city known for a bridge, fog, Victorian townhouses, Asian influences, and bohemian subculture. It's a city where radical change is always just beneath the surface. It's teeming with life, yet death and destruction are only a tectonic movement away.

The boundary between life and death is much thinner here and many a supernatural creature has taken notice. Ghosts, witches, vampires, and eldritch horrors have declared the city their home, coexisting peacefully. Well, until recently.

Several bodies washed up on the Sausalito Boardwalk and police are struggling to find clues or pinpoint a cause of death. One thing's for sure: they weren't killed by normal means.

I haven't decided whether I want to have a detective style story or have it be a sandbox.

There's really no rule. It's whether you want to have 1 person playing with you or more.

Only understand, that the more in depth and complex you make your roleplay, the less people you are going to be keeping for it. That's something odd I've seen a bit around. Really large and masterful worlds/settings, with so many specific tdetails being done as large group roleplays. The detail put in is attractive, but the actual RPing on it is a nightmare.

Think about how intricate yours will be.

There's really no rule. It's whether you want to have 1 person playing with you or more.

Only understand, that the more in depth and complex you make your roleplay, the less people you are going to be keeping for it. That's something odd I've seen a bit around. Really large and masterful worlds/settings, with so many specific tdetails being done as large group roleplays. The detail put in is attractive, but the actual RPing on it is a nightmare.

Think about how intricate yours will be.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I guess it kinda makes sense; those invested in something casually wouldn't be as concerned with the little details, I'd think.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I guess it kinda makes sense; those invested in something casually wouldn't be as concerned with the little details, I'd think.

You got it. That's exactly it. If you're not willing to forgive that for this idea of yours, then it would not work as a group roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back