• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Once Upon a Time

Arch Mage

The Master of all Arcane Arts
You know the characters...or at least you think you do. Storybrooke, Maine houses characters beloved since childhood.

While Storybrooke has it's own issues, further to the south in well out of New England, a Virginia suburb of Washington DC, has it's own inheritance of characters. The Evil Queen Regina did have a hand in this town, but someone else allowed for memories to be retained, who that was? It's unknown. There is but one clue, a magnificent sword sticking in a stone in the middle of town.

Welcome to Mandalay, Virginia.

The town is presided over by a Mr. King, and one man runs the day to day operations of keeping the law and order in town, Sheriff Rickman. There are other townsfolk and outsiders don't come to this town either, the most recent to arrive have been the Grimm Brothers, they are to record and observe what happens here, not interfere.

Mr. Gold and Mayor Regina Mills of Storybrooke have also gotten wind of an old acquaintance in this town, one that's powers are stronger then theirs...if only he'd use them. Mr. Loxley is the wealthiest man in town and has huge influence over many things...

Remember what goes on in Mandalay, stays in Mandalay...will it be Happily ever after?

Rules

Forum rules

Anything getting hot and heavy fade to black.

No GMing

No mary sue or Gary stu

Be semi realistic please

No op you can get hurt

No anime

Dont control other's characters

No one liners

Third person only

Do not go away from the story line or off on your own please stick to the story if your waiting for one of us then please wait.

Will not reserve rolls for any one

No anime pictures at all

We will accept you and if not we will pm you with what is wrong.

Character limit as many as you personally can Handle. So lets say no more then two unless asked to play more.

Password to join: Fairy tales

Cs page link

http://www.rpnation.com/index.php?threads/65471/

Irish Ice Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
Mandalay, a very nice town located roughly 45 minutes south of Washington, D.C. a far cry from the cold northern bay-side sister city Storybrooke. However like it's sister town, there is a bay or rather a waterfront, the town has a very old town southern colonial type feel. The residents are like any small town, they have local businesses, grocery, gas stations, and the most curious thing of all, a magnificent sword sticking digonallly out of a stone in the middle of the town, it's a curious thing to have in the middle of a town. Like it's sister town no one ever leaves nor does anyone deemed not to belong come into town.

The normal people know the stories, or at least they think they do. One of the famed Merlyn Emrys, though as some deem it trapped on Avalon, more rather asleep on Avalon with Nimue, the Lady of the Lake, deemed Storybrooke and Mandalay's residents needed to be recorded, not interfered with. Hence Jacob and William Grimm, J.M. Barrie, Lewis Carrol, and several others have been chosen to document and watch, they are not permitted to intervene in the events that transpire. Seasons change, the clock ticks on for those outside of this town.

There is a chance of finding Neverland, chasing the rabbit down the hole, living under the sea, and of course live happily ever after.

Mr. King is the local mayor and the town's wealthiest resident, one Robert Loxley, is throwing his end of summer garden party, all residents in the town have been invited, particularly two of interest, Merlyn Emrys' own nephew and niece: Declan and Merida, another invite are two people of particular interest Mayor Mills of Storybrooke and Mr. Gold, also of Storybrooke. The Grimm brothers are covering the event as they do for paper "Road to Mandalay". There are other guests as the whole town was invited....

****************************************************************************************************************************

Declan was uncomfortable at these parties, this was more of Merida's thing, she was always the more social of the two of them, she was socializing with her closest friends at this summer garden party, dressed in her blue summer dress, and she had her red done up nicely with an old Celtic beret, ever present was her silver bear pendant, she tried several times to get her brother out and socializing but he waved her on to go have a good time and to stop making a fuss over him. They ran the local Occult shop, while it housed potions, magical relics, the ingredients to make magical relics, rings, amulets, and many other trinkets. It also had Celtic jewelry and wood carvings done by Merida herself.

Robert Loxley, was the wealthiest man in town, he only answered to the Mayor Mr. King and his parties were always the social event of whatever season it happened to be, the end of summer garden party was always a hit. Declan was always happy to assist Mr. Loxley and often helped keep the local Sheriff, Rickman off of his back. The Sheriff was here as well and seemed to be in more of a foul mood than he was normally. Open bar always meant trouble that's for sure.

John and Michael Darling showed up late, as usual to the party, they were friends with Declan and Merida, and liked by the whole town. They ran the local bank. They chatted up Declan for a few moments and indulged in some cocktails before going off to socialize with the rest of the crowd.

Declan was shifted uneasily, he was uncomfortable in these dress occasions, Merida had put him in a suit, a nice one, black pants and dinner jacket to match. He hated wearing ties and long sleeved shirts, stating they always interfered with his abilities. He had on a very nice red shirt with black buttons, first chance he got he took his dinner jacket off and put it on the back of his seat, he and Merida had been seated with the Darling brothers, Esmeralda, and a name Delcan wasn't familiar with...Allyson.

Of note Declan was wearing glasses, transition glasses, as it was a bright sunny day they looked like sunglasses, but to most who know him in town, they know full well he never ever wore the ring he was wearing, it was a dragon encoiled around his finger, it had one emerald eye and one ruby eye. A little known fact about sorcerers, like Declan, was they often wore the color of their rank. Delcan was red, meaning he was in the 800's of his circle. He would in get the highest rank: green, when he was deemed worthy to move up in the order. For this he would need to train an apprentice. For him being out of what is called Spellhold, a prison for spellcasters, a sentence would last 10 years, he did only 2 before being let out, he couldn't remember why he was in there or who in the world put him in there.

None of that mattered now, he was carrying something he was intending to trade, he'd gotten a text message from an old friend of his who had something he wanted to trade, something that meant a great deal to Declan. He had no clue what it was.

He didn't have to wait long, a thin wiry man, wearing a nice black suit and a burgandy colored shirt complete with tie, he also had on a pair of pilot sunglasses, the cane he was walking with was unmistakeable as was the accent in which he spoke with.

"Mr. Gold, it's been ages since we've last spoken, how are things in Storybrooke? But I am sure you don't want to reminisce about old times do you? I have it, but I am curious to see what it is you have that's in my interest."

"Ah, but I do have something of interest to you, Merlyn's own apprentice all grown up now, I am impressed, how in the world did you survive that curse...oh but wait you were in Spellhold. If it makes you feel any better, Regina still fears you. But that's another tale isn't it? Here let me show you what I have."

Old friends each with something the other valued, Declan showed the thing his friend Mr. Gold valued, a chipped tea cup. Declan had picked it up during a nasty encounter with a troll. Mr. Gold produced something Declan thought had been lost it was simple to anyone else who looked at it: a thimble wrapped in a handkerchief bearing the initials: W.M.A.D.

A meaningful trade especially in an area Declan was super uncomfortable in, though there was something Mr. Gold said about Regina being in fear of him, his uncle was indeed powerful to some he was a god. There was more to the sorcerer than many knew, but he wasn't an open book to most, now he and Mr. Gold engaged in just small chit-chat about old times, each picking at the appetizer trays, both agreed it was far to fancy to eat, the main course was the one everyone was waiting for and of course the dinner entertainment. Mr. Gold was at another table with Mayor Mills and Mayor King, but until it was time for the evening's full dinner and a show begin they would continue to engage in conversation.

Allie strolled around the party with a bounce in her step. She adored parties and old Mr. Lox's parties were always the best, but she wished that it were a bit more fun and festive. There should be professional dancers in outrageous costumes putting on a show, and even more colorful and exotic kinds of food that she had never heard of. There of course most of all should be the best tea in the country and.... Allie caught herself daydreaming again and hoped that she didn't have a silly look on her face again. Or, more importantly, that if she did, no one saw. Before anyone saw her as stranger(er than normal), she skipped over to Merida to say hello. Giving a mock curtsy to show both politeness and give a joke between friends, Allie flashed her a smile. "Hello, Merida! How's it going? Find anything particularly unusual at that shop to sell me?"

(This is on hold till later)

Irish Ice Queen

Merida returned the mock curtsey, always shifting her glance in Declan's direction, something had her attention, the exchange between him and this Mr. Gold. What in the world could he have that would interest him? Taking another glance she saw Declan hold it up, the thimble, now it made sense, though she didn't give the handkerchief a second thought. John and Michael probably did, but she was socializing.

"Well everything my brother has in that shop is odd, though he found this strange hat. It looks like top hat but is more funny looking in my opinion. He also found this cauldron, I've never seen one almost onyx colored it is the strangest thing. Beyond that I think you know what we've got, I think Declan got several new books as well."

The appetizers that were being served were the strangest thing she'd seen, they were being consumed but she couldn't understand some tastes, she'd been eating the salmon puffs and some of the smaller things like the shrimp cocktails. She was curious about Declan and Mr. Gold were talking about, it was known aside from a few people in town Declan didn't really interact much, not that he didn't like the people in town, but it was as if something was holding him back, a painful memory perhaps? She knew not to press, he was having enough trouble adjusting due to the time in Spellhold.

"You think he's alright? Declan, I mean, he just seems distant...more so that usual, and I've never seen him look so relieved as I did when he just got that thimble from Mr. Gold there, it's strange."

Declan meanwhile, was watching Merida as he did, protective older brother at times, but this was more of a "don't worry about me, you have fun" type look. He and Mr. Gold were recounting old times, before this world came into being or they came to this world, depending on one's point of view. Though one question remained and it was eating at him in a sense...

"Tell me my old friend, how did you find these? I'd thought they'd been lost since I was in Spellhold..."

"I don't know what you're inferring, but I can say an old friend gave them to me, I thought it only right they be returned to you."

Declan wasn't going to guess what he meant, but he wasn't an idiot, he could figure it out. It was always Mr. Gold's way of being clever, especially since they didn't know who was listening in on their conversation. If it's one thing both of them knew, it was to watch what they said in the event someone they didn't want hearing their conversation was listening in. Mr. Gold though could sense his friend's relief at having these things back. Dinner and the show was to begin soon, they'd have to converse more later, especially if the call to take their seats was going to be soon...

Allie cocked her head slightly to the side as she realized that Merida's attention was focused elsewhere. Just as the thought that her friend would remain lost in thought, she had answered her question. "A strange hat? How curious, I'll have to take a look at it sometime. I shall have to make time to come and take a look at those new books of yours to see if there are any to add to the library's shelves or my own personal collection."

Allie picked up and tried various appetizers throughout her conversation that was starting to become more and more one sided. She was chattering a mile a minute before she noticed Merida's lack of attention again. Just as Allie was about to ask if she was listening, Merida was asking about Declan. Taking it in stride, Allie immediately answered, "Declan? Well I can't say much for sure since he always seems so... Oh, what's the word... guarded? As for that thimble, I can't say for sure. It could be Thumbelina's for all I know." Allyson began rambling on as she recalled reading a fairy tale about a miniature sized girl. As she looked over (most likely at his sister), Allie waved her fingers and kept a smile plastered on her face so that he couldn't guess the details of their conversation was about him. As she turned back to Merida, the smile fell and was replaced with a remorseful look. "Sorry I can't be of more aid Mer."

"Oh it's fine, I've just never seen him with that sort of look before, it's strange cause it's like he's regained something he's lost. I can't say that I've heard of Thumbelina, but it sounds interesting. Sure you can swing by and look at that hat, I don't recommend putting it on a snowman when the snow comes, something about it just seems eerie, as for those books, the good news is Declan didn't put them in the display case like he has with those others. Can you make out those initials on that handkerchief he's holding, I can see it has initials but nothing more. Oh and before I forget, I've gotten some more woodcarvings in as well you could have a look at those too, I've got a lovely pumpkin one!"

She'd taken another quick glance, then back as her brother caught her glance, but played it off. Declan showing any kind of emotion at times was strange, Allie had hit it on the head in saying he was guarded, there was something he seemed to want to say but for some reason couldn't. Still she was curious as to what these things he just received were. Never the less, she was going to enjoy herself and not worry about him, he was content it seemed to talk to this Mr. Gold, this was most she'd seen him converse with anyone for a long period of time.

"Aye, so where are you sitting for this garden party? I think we've been assigned seats. I just hope the food is better than these appetizers, have you ever seen anything so strange? And I wonder what this show Mr. Loxley is promising is about, it's got to be big if he's got the Mayor of another town here."

Declan was disinterested in what was transpiring around him, John and Michael were busy chatting up various guests and Michael going as far as to attempt to put the moves on some of the females in the area. John was a little more proper one could say about how he conducted himself, he wasn't bluntly hitting on anyone, he was trying his best to mingle. He bumped Sheriff Rickman on accident, and apologized, however the Sheriff was in a foul mood and looked as if he was going to either knock John clear out or run him in for a stupid reason, he grabbed John by both of his lapels, causing the young man's glasses to be jerked off his face.

"Give me a reason Mr. Darling as to why I should not run you in for assaulting an officer of the law?"

"But I didn't ---"

"I say you did, and you know my word is law..."

The Sheriff felt a hand on his shoulder, and looking down it was one with that dragon ring.

"I saw no offense, Sheriff, I think you can let this one go. It was mere accident and he apologized, the matter is closed."

The Sheriff, looked at Declan then released John, and walked off clearly butt-hurt over the ordeal. Declan helped John to his feet, and handed him back his glasses. Nothing needed to be said between them, they merely exchanged smiles and nods. Declan motioned with his hand to carry on and went back to Mr. Gold, who only could chuckle at the events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back