on disenfranchised.

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
if one SOMEHOW manages to save up 4 koku, and manages to pay them without being defrauded, does he then become a peasant?

it didnt say that explicitly and im a bit curious.

it said in 2nd edit  on page 45."their not allowed to settle down in a new area, until they pay the residency pledge fee of 4 koku"

I wondered if that meant one who DID pay that amount became a peasant.

just curious.

it didnt say.

Said disenfranchised, upon payment of said fee, will promptly be arrested for criminal activities yet unnamed (how else did he come by said funds?) and tax evasion (he certainly didn't pay taxes on them), and enslaved--preferably sent somewhere where he will die quickly...the stone quarries, perhaps?

did you get the "assuming hes not defrauded" bit?

I realize thats probaly what would happen, in most cases, either that or hes just plainly cheated, because he didnt get a recepit or what not, but thats not the situation im asking about.

pluss the way it said "most of them cant afford to pay this fee" sounded like a few in history HAVE done so.

I don't know; it would equally possible that the 'law' is there simply to give the poor fools something to strive for.

Much like the Empress graciously assented to the Deliberative appointing her successor...

Users who are viewing this thread