• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Omnia Mors Aequat - Lore Page

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
RPN.png"March 15th 2017, that was the day that the world ended. It started normally, like any other day, with no indication that anything would happen that was out of the ordinary. Then the portals now known as the Gates opened up all over the world. The shock-waves came first, decimating anything around them in a hundred meter radius as if heralding what was to come in the time to follow. Next they came, the Gatespawn, terrible creatures that had never been seen before by mankind. All that was known about them then, as they poured forth from the Gates, was that they were dangerous. In the two years that followed civilization was destroyed and humanity nearly went along with it.

We were saved for two reasons, the first being that, after those two hellish years, the Gatespawn stopped coming through and their numbers stabilized. They still posed a very real threat, but at least that threat wasn’t growing anymore.
The second reason was that humanity learned. Even as we died we learned how to survive.

It’s been twenty years since the gates opened, and we’re still surviving. I don’t know if we’ll ever reclaim the place we held in the old world, but at the very least we seemed to have found our niche in the new one.

We are what’s left and this is my chronicle of our story. May it help you if you’ve found it."

- The Journal of Christopher Legrante

Gatespawn
More to be added as the RP goes on

• We call these things hounds for a couple reasons, the first being that they look roughly like malformed, hairless dogs with grey or black skin. The other reason is because they're relentless trackers. They don't have eyes but rather seem to use their senses of smell and hearing, combined with what I'd assume to be a highly developed pit organ, instead. This makes them damn near impossible to hide from, and I'd recommend fighting or escaping instead, though neither of those are easy to do.

They generally travel in packs of five to ten, though sometimes packs can get as large as fifteen members. Furthermore, I've seen them lay ambushes for their prey before attacking all at once, took out a spikeback like that once and those are some of the toughest bastards I know. If there's a saving grace with hounds it's that their snouts are extremely sensitive around where the nostrils are. Hit that area hard enough and you can stun them for a moment.

Last edited:
Factions

• This one's relatively new, so I don't have too much to say as of yet. What I do know is that it's run by a man by the name of Darren Myers. Seems like he's trying to get things off the ground to establish a new settlement.

They've got a hard road ahead, and I wish them luck.

Last edited:
Locations
Edgewater Map v2.png

• The Fog pit is an underground parking garage in the north end of the city. It's named for the fact that it is filled with a poisonous fog, emitted from a plant-typed gatespawn that infests the entire complex. Due to this, visibility is extremely limited and a gas mask is vital in order to enter and not die as the fog is a powerful neurotoxin. If that wasn't enough though, there are various other gatespawn that are immune to the fog that live within the parking garage, hunting those who enter.

All that being said however, due to the extreme danger, the garage is filled with near untouched cars, making it an extremely tempting target for scavengers. All I'll say is, proceed with extreme caution as any mistake can easily cost you your life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back