• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Olympus: The Children of Gods [IC]

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice Soryll muttered a quick 'sure'. He picked her up, bridal style, and tried to ignore the blush spreading across his face. Then, before he took off, he cast one last glance behind his shoulder at the recovering Iron Fist member. Hopefully, whatever was in that chest was worth more than their lives. With that thought in mind, the young apprentice ran for the temple's exit.

Once outside, Soryll scanned the clearing. His gaze landed on a string of bushes, big enough to hide two wayward apprentices. He nodded to himself; those would work. Moving as fast as was allowed when carrying another person, he reached the bushes and set Victoria down. Then he himself sat with a sigh.

"That was fairly unexpected." he paused, then corrected himself. "For us, I mean; I'm sure Zeus had this planned out."

Literally Batman Literally Batman

♡ Victoria Pazeratt, Apprentice to Aphrodite ♡

"True," the Apprentice said with a thoughtful nod. "I wouldn't expect Zeus to let the Iron Fist in, though. Dragons and Hydras and Chimaeras, possibly. But the Iron Fist? I doubt it." She placed a finger on her chin, ignoring the throbbing pain in her ribs. "They must have some type of magic. To increase speed and cast out Godly intervention. Not sure how though. Maybe the made a deal with the nymphs..."

"Regardless, let's not forget the key issue of this entire thing."
She raised her hand, pointing at Soryll. "You were blushing." Victoria's face widened into a grin. She was very skilled at physical observations, a Love Goddess thing. "What does that mean, Soryll Kazan? Embarrassed? Or something else?"

Lost Lost

~~~

Meanwhile, another figure wearing a white robe with a similar emblem joined the fiasco. Clip-clopping echoing across the distance expanse of the land, a man- his upper torso the scarred, wizened body of a man, the bottom the chestnut body of a palomino horse. His hair was a similar chestnut-y color, but his eyes were amber, full of vengeance. Lifting a bow, he looked down at the ground from his vantage point on a cliff top. His eyes scanned the area, and he located Axel.
"Cursed beast may sniff me out. He must be dealt with."

Masterfulling stringing the bow, he released an arrow, which soared towards the snow leopard, hoping to at the very least disable it.

Nidelia Nidelia

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice Soryll felt his face heat up. "T-that's not- I wasn't-" He blushed even harder at the stutter. Finally, he stood, averting his gaze from hers. "It's not important. What is important, however, is the fact that we still don't have a dragon egg. And I'd wager the gold chest that guy was looting contained one." he paused, still not daring to look at her. "Seeing as you're incapacitated at the moment, I should probably go get it."

"You're not considering leaving me here!" Victoria said, surprise clear on her face. "I mean, obviously, since you didn't answer, that means you hold a candle for me, hmm? You'd leave your crush alone in an arena full of bandits?" She sniggered at him. "I'm disappointed in you, Sory. at least get me some bandages or something. Be a good gentleman."

Lost Lost

Last edited:
Noa Flores
Apprentice of Demeter

"Let's see where your instincts take us." She usually never liked doing things based on assumptions. But in times like these there was really no other way to progress. As they walked her footsteps ceased to be heard as she employed a sort of light footed step that didn't make noise. "A small light should do the trick. I'm not sure what could lay ahead so let's keep our voices low." Noa held back a sigh at her lack of foresight. She really should have been better prepared for this. Usually these mission days didn't require much thought. But for some reason this challenge felt a bit different than the others.There was some sort of air of seriousness subtly wafting through the air.

(Interacting with Capricornus Capricornus [Annabelle])

Zilas Aminos, Apprentice to Dionysus

Zilas was all of a sudden disoriented and more than a little nauseous. "I should be... okay." He glanced around, trying his best to ignore the unhappy churning of his stomach. He had no idea where to start. I'm going to suck so bad at this. "So I have a feeling I'm not the most intuitive of the partners you could have chosen, so you should probably lead the way and I'll do what I can to help," he said, a bit worried Thea would abandon him after figuring those things out.

NanLia NanLia

Thea Usamov - Apprentice to Zeus

Thea gave a slight shrug at Zilas's comment. "It's not like he gave us a great amount of details beyond 'find the eggs'." She was already assessing their immediate surroundings, but not really seeing much; open grass land, the border directly behind them, and some runes not far off. "Really your guess would be as good as mine, but I say we start over there?" She said nodding to the only place she assumed one would hide a dragon egg. "And go from there?" Thus far it didn't seem like this mission was anything more than blind luck; not really her forte, sadly.

PseudoLives PseudoLives

Zilas shrugged and then began moving in the direction that Thea had gestured at. "Here we'll be fighting to search the same place as everyone else," he observed. "I wonder if the Gods chose this setting strictly for that." He studied what they were approaching, but it didn't seem to him like the easiest place to find an egg. This was likely to be more trouble than it was worth, especially considering how many other apprentices were out there with much more helpful traits than he had.

NanLia NanLia

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice "I'd hardly call it a crush," Soryll replied as he removed his shirt. "Any straight male would be flustered while carrying a beautiful woman." He took the hem of the clothing in his hands and pulled it apart, mutilating the once wearable shirt. Then he began tearing the cloth into strips. When he was done, Soryll threw the makeshift bandages over to Victoria. "There's your bandages." He sat down once again, leaning against one of the bushes. "Now, we should probably start thinking about how to obtain a dragon egg, lest we be forced to return empty-handed."

Last edited:
Nessa, Apprentice to Poseidon

"What's that? Oh, yeah, let's stick together, I guess." Nessa said, snapping out of her trance. "And do not, under any circumstance, call me Ness."

{Interacting with Literally Batman Literally Batman [Corey]}

"Hmmph. You did sacrifice your shirt for me," Victoria said, eyeing the Apprentice while catching the bandages. She removed her sweatshirt first, before soaking the bandages in a nearby puddle of water and wrapping it around her lower ribs. She thanked him, splashing water on her shirt to cool off the area. It felt a little better.

"Probably...I think Zeus would understand, but then again, he's Zeus, so you can't be sure. I think the eggs may be in the temples. It's a good place to start at least." She looked at Soryll, in an analytical way. "Did you do the shirt thing to try and show off your chest? Damn, you're desperate."

At this point, it was hard to tell if she was joking or not.

Lost Lost

♦ Corey West, Apprentice to Hermes ♦

"Sure. Whatever you want, Ness." Corey smiled in his jokey way, moving forwards. "Come on."

After arriving at a high cliff, he realized their drop location was not far from that of The a and Zilas's.
"Zeus...and, uh, somebody else. Should we attack?" Very asked, unaware that on the tall cliff, he stuck out like a sore thumb.

that1aj that1aj , mentioned PseudoLives PseudoLives and NanLia NanLia

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice "You're hilarious," Soryll said with a roll of his eyes. The young apprentice didn't intend on allowing his partner to get under his skin again.

He cast a glance over his shoulder, at the temple they had just exited, and frowned. If the eggs were in there, he would bet anything that was what the Iron Fist was seeking. "I figure that's a good place to start. I mean, the Iron Fist guy hasn't left yet, so he's likely still looking for the egg."

He rose to his feet and held out a hand to Victoria. "Can you walk, or do you need me to carry you, Your Majesty?"

Last edited:
Nidelia SponzeApprentice of Artemis
"AXEL!" Nidelia practically screamed in warning as her neck hairs stood on end, as she sensed the arrow. She swiftly withdrew an arrow of her own, knocked it, and took aim, shooting down the arrow that was aimed at her Snow Leopard. And instant look of hate filled her face as her eyes landed on the arrows origin point. "This way, Jude," she said in all seriousness, as she knocked another arrow, heading towards the origination of where the arrow came from, not caring if Jude was following, but then, she assumed he was as well.

Axel got behind Nidelia, nudging her in a direction every so often, to point her towards the target.

[Interaction: Jude RiversEdge RiversEdge
Mention: Mysterious Centaur Literally Batman Literally Batman ]

She took his hand, pulling herself to her feet. "I can walk, though probably not fight. You're on your own in that department." She held a hand to her ribs. It still hurt when she breathed in, but Victoria had had worse. "Then again, I won't complain if you want to carry me again- I was fine with that." Her teasing never stopped, even when she was in pain.

"I feel like I owe you one," Victoria said after taking two steps. "It kinda makes me feel bad that I made you wear cat ears and then you saved my life and I haven't done anything for you before, hear?"

~~~

The centaur raised his eyebrows in surprise. "I'm positively surprised. An Apprentice to Artemis?" He waited at the edge of the cliff in patience.

"I will see to her in person."

Associated Tags: Lost Lost Nidelia Nidelia

Thea Usamov - Apprentice to Zeus

Thea gave a slight shrug, "Well that's kinda the whole point, right? It's a competition. If it were strictly a challenge then there would be enough eggs for each team." She had expected there to be at least some fighting required for this mission; healthy competitiveness was always welcome in her opinion. As they were headed towards the runes she could hear another voice; distant but she distinctly heard Zeus. Thea immediately started looking around for another team, really the only other people in the arena could be other apprentices and it didn't take much time before she spotted Corey atop the cliff above them.

She glanced over to Zilas curiously, "So we never really discussed what it is you can do..." She knew well enough she could likely call down a bolt on or near Corey but the kid was fast, and it would be waste of effort just to have him sprint out of the way. "Did you see who he was partnered with? Before we left?" Thea absolutely did not pay attention to the other teams, hell she had thought this would have been a solo mission for her, if Zilas hadn't come to speak to her.

PseudoLives PseudoLives
Mention: Literally Batman Literally Batman [Corey]

Anabelle - Apprentice of Hestia

Anabelle nodded once more in agreement. With a swift hand movement she lit a small flame, hovering just a few inches over her palm. It wasn't a very bright light but still bright enough for them to see where they wete stepping. Without further words she continued walking straight forwards, down some stairs made of stone.

At the end of the stair was a giant door which, to Anabelle's surprise, opened quite easily. Behind the door was another set of stairs which led to a wide, open area. It looked just like an ancient arena, in the middle of it a podium. Yet, from afar, she didn't see anything that looked even remotely like an egg. She pointed at the arena with a slight head tilt. "Shall we go in?", she asked Noa in a soft, whispering voice.

( RiversEdge RiversEdge [Noa Flores])

"I don't know what I can do, either, besides make grapevines flourish. This is a supreme chance for me to learn, though." Zilas sighed. "I'm pretty sure his partner was some girl named Nessa, but I honestly don't know who that is." Dionysus can shapeshift... and he's got those weird stalker-ish women that follow him around and tear apart animals that cross their path. Maybe I've got one of those powers; to call the women up or turn into animals.

NanLia NanLia
Mention: that1aj that1aj

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice
Soryll shook his head as they walked. "It's no big deal; we're partners. Besides," he added, "I doubt Zeus would have let that man kill you." Even as he said the words, Soryll wasn't so sure. He remembered the story of Link and the Hydra; Zeus had done nothing to prevent Link's demise. It was Dionysus who had saved his apprentice.

Silently, he wondered if Hera would do the same for him.

The young apprentice was torn from his thoughts when he tripped over a chunk of fallen stone. He stumbled a bit before catching himself, but the sound echoed throughout the temple entrance, and he flinched. If the man hadn't heard them coming previously, he certainly did now.

Mentioned: NanLia NanLia [Hera]

"True," Victoria said with a shrug. "Still, if you ever want to be more than partners, lemme know. I'm sure we could work something out." She winked and followed him.

Then, as they were walking, Soryll tripped over a piece of rock and fell. Victoria immediately ran-though to be fair it was more like stumbled- over to his aide.
"Hey, don't go tripping over rocks on me," she said, unaware of the gravity of the trip. She quickly understood it, however, as almost suddenly the man appeared in front of the two of them. She then realized the attack she had received wasn't speed, it was teleportation. That made things a helluva ton worse.

For a girl with broken ribs, Victoria put up a half-decent fight- one punch. With ease, the man threw her to the ground like she was no more than a ragdoll. He turned to Soryll. His hand reached out to grab him by the throat. His eyes were still red from the damned sand.
"You think throwing sand at me is funny? Answer me, Apprentice."

Lost Lost

○Jude Hallows○
Apprentice of Hephaestus

Long distance was not Jude's forte. He grimaced at the realization that whoever their ememy was they were attacking from far away. But that also made having the apprentice of Artemis on his side even better. He followed wordlessly. The only thing that bothered him was that he couldn't face the adversary head on. Jude growled under his breath, grinning despite his impatience. "Come and fight me head on you coward." He used his anger as fuel as he pushed forward. The thought that they would find the opponent eventually only slightly mollified him.

(Interacting with Nidelia Nidelia [Nidelia Sponze] & Mentioned- Mystery opponent Literally Batman Literally Batman )

♧Noa Flores♧
Apprentice of Demeter

She walked silently, observing the temple and all the nooks and crannies it held. It was always useful to know where things were just in case you needed an escape route. Once the arena came into view Noa seemed to pause. Nothing was ever this simple. On the podium was what looked like a small treasure chest. She wasn't sure if that was what they were looking for at all but it looked like they would have to try. If it was holding the dragon egg and they left without even looking, it would be pretty embarrassing.

Noa nodded a bit, keeping her voice just as soft. "I'm not sure if there are any traps or....something that's laying in wait." She turned to Annabelle in question. "Would you be okay with allowing me to go in first? If I reach the podium and something triggers I'm more than able to dodge it. I know I don't look it, but I can move rather fast." It was only polite to ask, they were working together after all. "Since you would be right behind me you would be able to warn me if anything comes up."

(Interacting with Capricornus Capricornus [Annabelle])

"I think... Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's Dionysus' apprentice. And if you call me Ness again, I will shoot you. But, uh... Let's go see if they have any info about the eggs!" Nessa said excitedly, after glaring at Corey momentarily.

{Interacting with Literally Batman Literally Batman [Corey], mentioned PseudoLives PseudoLives [Zilas] and NanLia NanLia [Thea]}

Last edited:
Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice The young apprentice grinned; he couldn't help himself. Here he was, about to commit murder, and this guy was still mad about the sand? Soryll would have laughed if he had the breath to spare.

Still, despite the amusing stupidity of the man, it hurt Soryll's pride a little, to be taken out by a mere grunt. He was the apprentice of a god, after all. Yet with all of Hera's divine power, he was going to be killed by this idiot.

Then it hit him: this man was an idiot. And, like all idiots, his ego was probably bigger than Mount Olympus itself. If he was convincing enough, Hera's apprentice knew he could use that.

Soryll stopped smiling and sighed. "I can't believe I'm about to die by a crook with third-rate powers," he muttered dejectedly.

αятємιѕ
"Alright, Zeus, what are they doing this time?" Artemis asked, already in a bad mood, as she walked into the throne room. "Actually, no, don't tell me. It's probably super idiotic, and I'm already not in a good mood."

{Interacting with nobody, mentioned Literally Batman Literally Batman [Zeus]}

The man grunted. It hurt his pride for his powers to be called 'third-rate,' you see. He held Soryll by his neck for a moment, like he was contemplating how he would die, before tossing him aside.

This action seemed odd until his eyes shifted. He had found a new target in the form of another Apprentice.

Victoria held back a scream as the man darted over to her. With a flash of steel a knife swung through the air, stopping before slicing through Victoria's jugular vein.

"Continue your insolence to the Iron Fist and tour injured friend will have an untimely death. Now, tell me the password to enter Olympus. Or I will hurt your friend."

-

♦ Corey West, Apprentice to Hermes ♦

"Alright, Ness. Lemme check it out." Before Nessa could shoot him, Corey was gone. Leaping off the cliff and landing behind Thea and Zilas with a tap on their shoulders. "Hey, you got any dragon eggs on you?" he said with a taunting grin.
Lost Lost , NanLia NanLia , PseudoLives PseudoLives , and that1aj that1aj

"Seriously, Corey?" Nessa yelled after Corey, jumping only seconds after him. She landed behind Thea as Corey asked them, and said, "Don't mind my partner, over here. He's just being an idiot, as usual."

{Interacting with Literally Batman Literally Batman [Corey], NanLia NanLia [Thea], and PseudoLives PseudoLives [Zilas]}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back