OLD RP - The Crownlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alysia Webber

The Red Keep, King's Landing

Alysia's eyes went wide as the tall hazel-haired knight turned at her plea, his green eyes steady and brave. It was just as the stories had said, the knights at King's Landing truly were a maiden's dream of courtesy. And not just any knight - a Summer Knight of Summerhall! The colour rose in the slender young redhead's cheeks, and she dropped her eyes to her feet. "I... ah... I'm but new to court, Ser, and I'm afraid I've lost the way to my Lady Rowan's quarters. They are in a tower near the rookery, overlooking the Godswood. Do you know it, or can you tell me the way?"

Now that she recognized his arms she was even more embarrassed than when she'd thought he was a foreigner she might never see again - but she is committed now, and so far he has been naught but chivalry itself, interrupting his errand for an importunate chit. Standing by the shaded pool, she abruptly realized she'd been contemplating his armoured feet and ventured a shy glance up at his features. Did he look upset with her, now he understood how foolish she'd been?

@ArisenMoon

<> <> <>   <> <> <>   <> <> <>

Jaehaerys Targaryen

Jaehaerys laughed and returned his sister's hug, enjoying the breach in the ceremonies that seemed to plague them all these days. Where had the nine children who used to run after one another all through the tower gone? Though sometimes he wondered if Aegor had ever been a child; he grinned to himself at the thought. 

"Thank you your highness," Aemma responded with a merry twinkle in her eyes. "Jaehaerys says motherhood suits me, yet he is far too kind. I miss the days when my figure and features were as beautiful as your own." 

Jaehaerys began to respond - but stopped short in surprise as his brother made his exit. "Oh, well... of course. We can speak again later, Aelyx." Reminded of the course of time, he turned to his sapphire-gowned wife with a rueful look on his face. "Actually... Aemma my dove, you should find your friends and ensure they've made the journey from the Vale in good health." He raised a hand to cut off her protest, "I know - and I promise I'll be social. I'll exchange a few words with my sister and then I'll find you later."

Taking the tacit request for a private moment well, Aemma left with a smile for each of them and the tall blond man turned back to Vaella with a more intent expression on his face. "Sister mine, how is it with you truly? We have ever been close, and I can tell when you have something on your mind."

@ailurophile

45149c48fa481dbfa3f8eb81f1c0ed5d.gif

Miranda Danton

Mistress of Whispers

Miranda's laughter sounded like chimed of bells as she laughed at his appraisal. "I will take that as a compliment, my Lord." she smiled politely and walked few paces away from him. She wasn't exactly afraid if he attacks her suddenly from behind for she can defend herself. He may kill her if he decided to attack, but he's not going out of the room unscathed. But no, like every men she knew, Jasper Arryn needed something else. And he was playing her game. Building up someone and prolonging the unnecessary. Two of the things that she is good at. On normal occasion, Miranda was fine with it. She relishes the foreplay and live for flirtation but patience was not in her side that day.

"I'm perfectly fine, my Lord." Miranda answered with all the charm and grace she perfectly used hundred times before, it was the tone she uses when she's bored yet she doesn't want to be rude. Her hands were folded in front of her and gaze upon the Arryn boy cooly. "Baratheons, Lannisters, Targaryens... the Red Keep is brimming with people from that noble houses. People... where you can talk to about these trivial things." Miranda chimed  as she sauntered towards him only to sit across the couch where he was sitting, she crossed her legs as she positioned herself comfortably.  "Though I'm not sure if they could be interesting enough, but still..." a smirk formed in her lips before she continued. "I know you are not here to talk about how pleasant my day is, nor talk about this cesspool of a city. Shall we cut to the chase, my Lord?" Her voice was certain and clear but there is still a hint of playfulness. Her perfectly trimmed brows were arched as her soft pink lips were in a curve of a smile waiting for him to give in.

"No nonsense," Jasper said to her with a smile "I like it,". He then said "So, I have a proposal: I say we make an alliance as, well, in a world like in King's Landing, you have to have allies,". He then took another sip of his wine and said "You know, your room is quite elegant, let me guess, you paid for it with coin or,". Jasper then looked down her body to her lower half and said "Your body. Trust me, I know many a man who would sell themselves into slavery just to even have a chance to touch your breasts,"

@TheTraveller

Nodding his head, Tom quickly looked around from where they were, getting his bearings. "Have no worry, we shall get you to your lady in time. Now come...my apologies, I did not catch your name."

Even as he spoke, he gestured for her to walk with him, and set off down one of the hallways seemingly at random. Ensuring he slowed his pace enough that she could easily keep pace, Tom led her up a side flight of stairs.

@Greenbriar

Alysia Webber

"I am Alysia, Ser Knight, Alysia Webber." 

Identified as a young lady of some nobility - if little direction sense - she scrambled to keep up by his side then ran ahead of him as he slowed from courtesy. Her face flaming now, the blue-eyed maiden returned to his side with shoulders drooping and was silent for a short time. Around the end of the corridor they went, turning left then up an otherwise-unmarked flight of stairs past one of the guards she hadn't dare approach earlier.

Her spirits lifted by their apparent progress, she finally ventured a smile and some further conversation. "Have you been here long? I've never been to King's Landing before, but you walk as though one native to the place. How does it compare to Summerhall? Is your liege here as well, for the wedding?" 

@ArisenMoon

Last edited by a moderator:

Miranda Danton

Mistress of Whispers

Ah, the words of power. Miranda thought with a smile. She already learned long time ago that she needed to accept what she is so people can't use it against her. She's already numb with the people judging her for what she is, highborn and poor people alike, telling the likes of her about being immoral. Yet, some of those people are frequent visitors of the brothel. Hypocrites. Thinking that it was funny, she easily shrug it off, Miranda couldn't find anything wrong with what she is doing in the first place. In fact, she believes that she is actually helping others, apart from enjoying the deed herself. 

"You'd be surprise, my lord." Miranda smiled wickedly at the young lord, "I guess that's true. Maybe the payment i'm asking is quite steeper than you are used to, but everything is worth it." She leaned in towards him, making sure that the cleavage of her breast are peeking before she winked. Her tongue licked her lower lip. Standing up, she distanced herself from the young lord. "But these.. " she waved her hands, adoring her room. "...they are all gifts and tokens from my travels, not payments. Mere trinkets really, if you asked me. And I didn't have to expose anything to anyone like how you see it in that dirty and perverted mind of yours." Miranda chuckled.

She walk back to her shelf where she took another glass and pour herself some of her wine. Volantene red wine are too sweet, but she prefers it that way. 

"If I were you, my lord." Miranda suddenly chimed outloud.  "I wouldn't just easily announce my intention. Especially if it is about alliance that you are talking about and if you are in King's Landing. It sounded all weak, like crying and begging for help. Pathetic..."  Miranda raised her cup before drinking from it. The handle of her cup has in intricate design and her fingers traced it absently. "But nonetheless, that is quite true. An alliance is important." Miranda admitted. Only stupid fool would see the world differently. "But my allegiance is with the crown, my lord. And I hope yours are on it too. Or else you are talking about treason... and that is a very dangerous word here in the Red Keep." The last words were like a whisper. She said every word like how she would caress a lover, all soft and inviting while Miranda's eyes were daring the Lord of Vale to disagree. 

Nodding, Tom led them down another hallway, passing a series of windows that looked out over the city, before once more being replaced by the red walls of the Keep. "Well, Alysia Webber, my name is Tom Brax, even though Ser Knight is correct, I would prefer us to use our names. As for my duration, it is actually my first time being in the capital. To be honest, I was just as lost as you were at first, but eventually, you start to understand the patterns of the Keep. As for how it compares to Summerhall, it is too warm here for my tastes. The newly rebuilt Summerhall extensions give it a wide open feeling, if that makes sense, very different than the cramped hallways of the Red Keep." Winding around another spiraling corridor, they came to a second flight of stairs, which he quickly climbed with Alysia. At the top, they came to a window, where across the Keep they could now see the Rookery. To the side, another tower, slightly smaller also stood, the noble residential area most likely. "Ha! We are nearly there, Alysia."

Slowing his pace so they could finish their chat, Tom shook his head slightly. "Prince Aelyx is indeed here for the wedding. The first time he has left the Stormlands in many years to be truthful."

@Greenbriar

Jasper then said "Hm, I would see that we could make an arrangement for your body later. However, I am no begger, mind you, and I could do without your power. I mean, what could you do for me, give me information I could get on my own while I have much wealth and resources?". He then took a sip of his wine and remembered about the story he heard once about a courtesan and an urchin but decided to wait before he played that card. 

@TheTraveller

Alysia Webber

He asked her to use his name! Alysia touched one hand to her bosom to still her fluttering heart and flashed a smile up at the knight while they wound up the spiral staircase. "There, you see Ser... Tom?" Her dimples flash, there for a moment and then gone. "We have that in common at least - we are both newcomers to King's Landing, marveling at it as though paupers at a feast. Though it is a trifle warm." Today the air seemed still, a brooding heat that hung over the Red Keep and spurred frustration and langour alike.  "There are patterns to the keep? I mean, there must be - unless you have one of those trick memories like the sorcerer I saw with the gleemen." 

She looked around the corridor considering, then finally nodded her understanding as they reached the window. "I do see what you mean. I don't feel it as much, perhaps because you are so much larger than I - but I do feel a little smothered here, like I'm in some kind of labyrinth like out of the stories." She peered out across the green courtyard, "Is that the Godswood there? Why, if I were down on the ground I daresay we could cut straight between those trees. But you know a shortcut?" 

She followed him down the side passage as she mulled on his last words. Alysia was used to chattering about the affairs of the mighty, but not usually to a chosen knight! Da didn't count, after all. "I... the first time in years? But why? If I were a Prince - or a Princess - I'd travel all across the Seven Kingdoms! Did he... is there some ill feeling between his family and himself? Or do his duties keep him there?" She swung her hips around a large ornamental vase and gave him another of her bright smiles, "All the realm has heard about the great reconstruction going on there... it must be a beautiful place; I can see why you miss it."

@ArisenMoon

Smiling at the words, Tom nodded his head. "It is that, Alysia. And, much cooler." Coming around the final corner, Tom spotted the tower they were looking for, a well as several other hand maidens and castle staff moving about like busy bees.

Turning to face her, he quickly bowed, before taking her hand and laying a brief kiss on her knuckles. "It has been a pleasure to speak with you, Alysia Webber. I bid you farewell, and good day, in hopes of seeing you again. Oh, and please give your mistress this." Extending his hand, he placed a white piece of paper, rolled and bound with orange thread in her hand, before winking at her, and departing.

Rising, he quickly turned and returned the way he came, his white cloak the last sign as he descended the stairs.

@Greenbriar

---

Aelyx was quite relaxed now. After his brief spat of anger, he had finished off his jar of ale, a good Dornish brand Aelyx forgot the name of. Walking down the halls now, Aelyx was looking for someone in particular, and if not for the heat he had forgotten about, it would have been a enjoyable hunt.

Coming around a corner, Aelyx spotted the prey he had been looking for. Walking forward, with Jornah at his side, Aelyx let a smile stick to his face, before calling out. "My Lord Lannister, a pleasure to see you."

@WanderingJester

tumblr_inline_nuiqyjrfDC1szaa83_500.gif

[FONT= 'Courier New']Vaella Targaryen[/FONT]

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]Vaella held her brothers gaze almost defiantly for a few moments, as though she was not going to confide in him and possible even snap at him. However, her expression softened swiftly and she folded her arms delicately over her bust, glancing down at the floor with a rueful smile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"We are here, so nothing is ever perfect," She began carefully, knowing that the Mistress of Whispers might well have spies nearby just waiting to overhear whatever they could. Perhaps it was paranoia, but she was always wary of expressing what she was really feeling, especially with words. "You know how it is, brother. The most dangerous knife is the one you cannot see, the one behind your back, not the one in front of you. Or words to that effect." Somebody had told her that once, she couldn't remember who, and she was certain she had butchered the saying a little. Nevermind, her brother would probably know what she meant. "And not to mention the fact that nobody has informed me about father's current condition. I have not been able to visit him for a while now. I can't say for sure how serious it is," She looked up, her smile now gone. Should their father pass, as many expected him to do any day now, the place could be overrun with claims to the throne. Vaella wondered then whether he brothers would turn on one another. She herself had given up on the idea of being Queen a long time ago, it was unrealistic with so many brothers, but 'accidents' happened a lot and a lot of harm could come to her brothers. "Nevertheless, women endure."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]@Greenbriar[/SIZE]

Tiber Lannister

Red Keep, King's Landing, The Crownlands.

Lord Tiber Lannister looked as someone called out his name.  Smiling at the Targaryen Prince, he gave a quick but graceful bow, followed by his uncles to his side.  Straightening up again, the Lion of Lannister regarded younger man as he walked over with a set of orange armor.  The younger Targaryen had always been more of the loner than the others, having to go so far as to make his own coat as well as those of the Summerhall contingent.  Having met the man several years ago at Celena's tourney, Tiber spoke in a friendly tone.  "Ah Prince Aelyx, the pleasure is ours, I assure you.  I trust you remember my uncles?  Lord Edwyn Lannister of Lannisport and Lord Arnol Lannister of Tarth."  He gave a wave to the men beside him.

Edwyn gave another nod of the head, the letter from earlier nowhere to be seen.  "My prince."

Arnol gave a salute with his arm.  "Prince Aelyx, how da you do?"  With that, Tiber spoke up again.

"I believe you had something to discuss with me, delivered by your curt messenger.  Mayhaps this is a good time for you?  Though you seemed to have just returned from a hunt and we'll be staying for a little bit, so there's no hurry."  Tiber smiled at the Targaryen Prince, as comfortable where he was right now as if he was receiving the man at the Rock itself.

@ArisenMoon

Miranda Danton

Mistress of Whispers

Another laughter escape from her lips. Oh, how she loves to turn down a confident man. A man that thinks that he could have her just like that when in reality she could easily kick him out of the room in just a snap without being frustrated at all. It was funny, hearing someone declaring that they have a power, thinking that it can frighten you in submission when in reality, it was those who are the quiet one, the sneaky ones that you should be scared of. The type of people who just do and not brag. Bragging and intimidation sometimes doesn't work. "Yes, yes..." Miranda agreed solemnly, "you could do it without me, yet here you are..." An amused smile flickered on her face, "Clearly that says something else. And you should not dismiss someone that easily, my lord. Not until you know what cards they are holding." 

Jasper stared at her and said "I wouldn't mind if I had you on my side, it would actually be quite beneficial, that's why I'm staying. However, I could live without you, especially from what I hold,". He then said "Tell me, what do you want from this life? Power? Money? Companion- No, I doubt you want to have companionship. I mean, you probably lost that when your husband died, right?". He then smiled a devilish smile and said "Yes, I know about your past. Do you think you can get around the Free Cities and Westeros without knowing that? And trust me, I quadruple checked everything from all informants in my area. However, I have a little surprise for you,". He leaned in over to her ear and said "I know exactly who the crew who killed your husband are and one of their hideouts. I can give you that information plus a 1,000 Gold Dragons in exchange for an alliance and maybe a little time alone,". He then began to walk around her and touched her shoulder

Nodding, Aelyx turned to look at Jornah, who quickly moved over to a side door of the garden area, opening it and checking inside, before nodding. Turning back to the Lannisters, Aelyx gave another smile. "Please, my lords, let us speak elsewhere, this heat is slowly killing me, I swear to the gods." Leading the way, and not really waiting for a response, Aelyx entered the room, and once the rest of the group were inside, Jornah closed the door behind them, and took up a post outside. 

Inside the room, a small table, with six chairs spread around it dominated the center of the room. On the other end of the room, windows looking out over the Red Keep and lower battlements could be seen. Taking one of the seats for himself, Aelyx gestured for the Lannisters to do the same. 

"My Lords, as I am sure you are aware...my father is dying."

@WanderingJester

William rode his black horse to Red Keep, his two older brothers behind him, along with the his son's sword teacher. The journey was long but they finally were able to enter the capital's walls. The city was full of peasants, noble man and guards, walking through the streets of Red Keep. They all looked to be in high spirits for the wedding. The Ashwood got out of their horses, landing softly on the ground just like birds landing on the tree branches. Willaim Ashwood looked around. There was no one waiting for them which offended him a bit. The Ashwood came from the North, travelled full days and nights just to come here in time and no one actually was here to greet them?

Damien, his elder son smiled "Beautiful" he said as he looked through the streets of the capital. Red Keep was truly amazing by its looks, and no one could deny it. The ocean that was around the city, the high towers standing there, like they were made by the Gods, made the city even more nice-looking. William agreed with his son. Red Keep was truly a beauty. Daniel, however, wasn't looking at this fine piece of art. Instead, his mind was somewhere else, while he started at the ladies who were walking, gathering flowers and buying clothes. Damien pat his young brother's head and smiled "What are you doing brother? Instead of looking at the city itself, you prefer looking at these ladies? They are pretty indeed, but we are in a new place so you should pay attencion" he grinned as Daniel shoved his brother's hand.

"Get lost Damien. This city is just a load of rocks and stones." he said "Why should we admire this? I am sure the North has much better buildings and cities. William smiled at his children "Daniel, you must learn that beauty doesn't only come from life. These are fine pieces of art. Beautiful and shining. I mean this place is unique and you must value this so called load of rocks and stones." he said and looked at Daniel's sword teacher "Go and put the horses on the stables. We Ashwood are going to find a place to stay and visit the city before the wedding" he said. The teacher sighed and said "Yes my lord" as he grabbed the horses by the reins and walked with them, looking for a place that could hold the animals.

Damien smiled "I am going to the market father. I want to see what they sell here" he said. His father nodded and Damien soon left. Daniel sighed and started walking in a random direction but his father grabbed his shoulder "No son. You are coming with me" William said smiling. Daniel opened his mouth but he figured that what he was about to say wouldn't really matter so he closed it as quickly as he opened it. Together, father and son walked the halls of Red Keep.

(Any of my characters open for interaction :) )

269d8d660bfd82eab7dd9ce1878360d2.gif

Miranda Danton

Mistress of Whispers

Miranda looked at him with less indifference.  Her eyes, squinting a little as she gaze at the proud Lord. His proximity prickles her skin, she could smell the sweet Volantene wine from his mouth when he leaned closer to her. When he touched her, Miranda didn't cringe but she knew she would if she didn't possess control in her body. What he was saying was tempting. Not the power and money, for Miranda has both. She could attain more  if she's in the mood of being cruel and blackmail everyone but being greedy has its price. Miranda just wanted stability, stability for her and the people she's helping. She's happy with what she has. But knowing who killed her husband, a nice, caring and loving man, is slightly tipping the balance of her emotion. The old gods and new knows what she has in store to the people responsible for his death. Alas, it was impossible, since the one survivor that delivered the terrible news went almost mad out of trauma, after all he was just a young man. Along came Jasper Arryn.

"I would pay you 2000 Gold Dragons to stop spouting lies." she turned around to face him. Her light brown eyes were rather cold, more tenacious and slightly angry. "You're not the only one who knows about what happened, everyone in Braavos knew, my Lord." The flicker of anger in her eyes were gone in an instant as her calm composure came back. "By the gods, did you know how many times I heard that line before? But this is the first time someone offered a payment instead of asking for it." Miranda placed her cup down and flashed an innocent. "If you're willing to pay then you must be desperate enough to throw that last card. It is tempting, yes but that knowledge doesn't affect anyone but me. It's no use." she lied perfectly, hiding the slight pang of pain in poise and confidence that she uses as her personal shield.  "If you're here then you know me and what I require. Tell me something better or leave the room, my lord." 

Jasper chuckled and said "Are you kidding me? 'Doesn't affect anyone but me?'. So, it does affect you? You mean to tell me you don't give a shit about what happened to your husband?! That's a joke, you know, you do care. I mean, your a woman driven by ambition and trust me, you'd probably kill them in an instant if you had a chance and if you want proof I'm not telling a lie, then hunt for a man named Victorian 'Toothsbane'. He was part of that crew and I assure you, if you were to find him, he'd confess to being an assistant of the damn murder. I'd suggest you take listen to me because I know peoples faces and I can tell that you are driven by power, via that be manipulation, men, or secrets is beyond me and I'm trying to help. Seven hells, who else has figured out your past, who else knew that your mother married a man who over promised, who else knew that she became a whore when she birthed you?". He then began to walk out of the room but before he walked out the door, he waited for one last response

Jaehaerys Targaryen

"Perchance that makes women the braver sex after all," Jaehaerys remarked, with a shadowed expression. "It is a rare man who accepts the intolerable; they tend to lash out at whatever they see as their enemy, and usually end up only worsening the situation." He met her violet eyes with his own, smiling ruefully. "Vaella... you speak truly sister mine. The blade in the shadows is ten times more to be feared than the sword in the hand of an honourable challenger - yet Mistress Miranda has her little butterflies and every one of them whispering secrets in service to the crown. In Father's service." His crooked smile warmed as he took her hand and motioned toward the corridor opposite. "I hope I can always be an ear for you when times are uncertain, and to help as I can." He hesitated, then threw her another glance. It was astonishing that any would dare refuse her admittance to Father's presence, unless some highly-placed fool had decided to 'protect' her due to her frail sex. "I may be able to assist in one way at least; if the Master of Coin and two of his children cannot get in to see Father, I will know the reason why." He motioned towards the stairs that led up to Maegor's Holdfast, clearly ready to demand access right now - that is, if she was ready to do so.

With the slightest encouragement, he would escort her to the King's chambers. 

As a child, he had thrilled to the tales of his ancestors' glory days since the Conquest, and sometimes wondered whether he - or his elder brothers - would one day wed their sisters to preserve the Valyrian bloodlines. He was past those foolish childish notions now and besotted with Aemma besides, yet he still felt a special closeness for Vaella and misliked seeing her kept ignorant and trapped in her own home.

@ailurophile

The Red Keep's Gardens

Axell Tyrell

After the Lannister Lords had gone away, Axell helped the staff of his house to all the stuff towards the chambers. He was busy witht that for a while, because each time he had small chatters with people at the Keep.

After finising, he went towards the Gardens. It wasn't like the Highgarden Gardens, but it was nice. He walked a few rounds, not paying attention to anyone. 

Sitting down on one of the benches near some tree, he heard some of the Targayren family speaking

@Greenbriar

@ailurophile

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Aenar Velaryon[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]The Red Keep, King’s Landing[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Inclining his head but a fraction of an inch in registration of the Lannister’s greeting, Aenar Velaryon briefly lifted his gaze from the long and carefully worded letter that had previously held his attention, giving himself a second to comprehend its contents before returning it to its place within the pockets of his ornately crafted silver doublet, allowing himself a sigh as his lips curled into a slight frown. Planning a wedding was no easy feat, especially one intended to host the majority of Westeros’ upper nobility, and it was a great strain upon the elderly lord to try and keep everyone in line. In the space of but a week, there had already been fighting amongst some of the lesser lords about their accommodations, and even some of the more notable wedding guests had been heard to complain about such trivial things as lodging for their horses and polish for their armour, that was not even mentioning the preparations that still had to be put in place for the tourney and other contests of skill which were intended to showcase the extravagant wealth of the capital but in reality were no more than pissing contests between some of the realm’s more egotistical warriors. In truth, Aenar was inexperienced in such matters, and he longed for the days when King Maegor was well enough to aid him in the managing of such events, his grace had always had an eye for balls and tourneys and had a great knack for calming down even the most enraged of aggressors. Alas, this time that would not be the case and he would not delude himself with the fantasy that the king would rise once more from the depths of sickness merely to plan what would amount to a large party.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Furrowing his brow, Aenar’s eyes shifted to those of Ser Albert Lannister, violet to green. Ser Albert was a good man, if not lacking experience in his position and he had served the Kingsguard loyally for many years. He may not have the leadership capabilities of such men as Ser Bronn Stokeworth, nor the tenacity of or drive of Ser Rickard Blackwood, but it couldn’t be denied that had the skill to go toe to toe with some of the best of them, and his appointment to the position of Lord-Commander had been one of the King’s better decisions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Ser Albert,” Aenar nodded, resuming his short trek to the throne room, not bothering to check whether the knight was still following him. “I was just about to seek you out.” He nodded as the Lannister spoke of the guards being assigned to their correct locations, he did not expect any kind of attack, King’s Landing was currently one of the best protected places within the the entire known world, but it was better to be safe than sorry and he would not have blood spilt during his nephew’s wedding.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“The King fares as well as he did yesterday, and the day before, so is to say not well. I am dubious that he will be able to make the ceremony, and as such precautions must be taken. It pains me to say such things but his grace is weak and in no state to be presented to the masses, it might be best for him to remain within his quarters, at least until the majority of the guests have returned home after the wedding.” The Hand halted when he reached a set of large oaken doors, turning to face the Lord-Commander.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“We are living in stressful times Ser Albert, and it is hard sometimes to remember that the realm is still experiencing peace. I intend to address the council later today about proper conduct during the wedding and how to deal with some of the trickier characters that will be present. I would apreciate if you would send word to Lady Miranda and the Prince Jaehaerys.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]@Red[/SIZE]

Miranda Danton

Mistress of Whispers

"Oh, but I do care, my Lord." Miranda admitted. Emotions can be be someone's weakness in a raging fight, and it can also be a dangerous factor. Typically, it can be used to predict the next move of the opponent but the major downside of it is no one knows how the other side will react, especially if they don't know the person.  Emotions can be the beacon of hope or the thing that might cripple someone out of sheer fear. People can retalliate with full force out of the overwhelming emotions that has been drowning them while some bid their time and plan. Plan moves five steps forward very carefully and tenaciously. And Miranda has always been the latter.

"Not all people are driven by ambition, Lord Arryn. Or perhaps you are pertaining to someone else?" She looked at the proud lord and smiled all too innocently. 

"Your news can't cause a reversal of tide, but I think I can." Miranda added, her voice was too soft and almost a whisper that she highly believed the Lord of Vale didn't heard the last bit. "Oh, I almost forgot my Lord. I know it has been a very long time but I offer you my deepest condolences. The death of the Late Lord Robert is such a tragic thing." Her face were purely sympathetic, so as her voice. "Really tragic for the people of Vale. Especially for you, my Lord. I know it must have been tough after what happened to your betrothed? A tragic thing, very tragic thing indeed." There had been many speculations and rumors running around about the death of the Lord of Vale, but talking to the young lord, Miranda was able to clarify some of it. She wasn't skeptic that people can't kill their kin and close family, it just really depends on the need and drive for one to cause a murder. And Lord Jasper Arryn doesn't  lack of the two. 

"Welcome to King's Landing, my Lord." Miranda said, bowing gracefully at the man. "I hope you enjoy your stay." 

As soon as the young lord left, Miranda drained her cup and went by her window. It has a view of the sea, and her talk earlier made her somehow a little nostalgic about her old life. 

Before he left the room, he decided to walk over to Miranda and say "As much as he wasn't the best farther ever, it was still a sad day. Chocked on his wine and the maester said it was because of some malformation in his throat,". That was a total lie, he loved it when his father died but why would he tell her that? He then looked at her face and senced something- nostalgia. He smiled at that face and said "You miss that life, don't you? Probably seems like a lifetime ago to you,"

While Daimen was walking through the market, finding things that he never saw or knew it existed, Daniel and his father William Ashwood, were walking together while William was explaining to his second son how beautiful was the city and that he had to pay attencion to others things besides fighting and woman. Daniel wasn't paying too much attencion. He didn't really care about what his father was saying but he needed to pretend he was paying attencion so his father wouldn't get mad at him. His father was usually pretty calm and nice but only the Gods knew how much of a monster he could become when angry. Like a bird whose food was just stolen.

"-we don't have these kinds of trees up there on the North. You should pay attencion cause they are beautiful." William said and Daniel nodded while looking at everything except the tree "Yeah I guess father. But it is just a plant. It won't move or do anything awesome" Daniel said as his eyes suddently met a lady, who was peeking out of the window. She was looking at the sea. At least that is what Daniel thought  since her face was in the direction of the blue ocean. His father tap his shoulder 

"Daniel pay attencion" he says, his voice not as friendly as it was just a minute ago. Daniel shook his head and looked at his father "Sorry my mind was elsewhere. Can you repeat father?" he asked. His father sighed and pointed at the tree turning around and facing it. Then he started to talk about the perks and flaws of that tree, which Daniel didn't care at all. Rather than paying attencion like his father wished to, he moved his head back to the lady but this time another guy was behind her, saying words that Daniel Ashwood could not understand. He kept staring at the two who he thought they were a couple.

Ser Albert quickly followed along Lord Aenar, walking in pace alongside him as he closely listened to his response.

Lord Aenar Velaryon was undoubtedly one of King Maegor's loyal retainers. Even despite their family relations, Lord Aenar obviously holds King Maegor's trust. His service has Hand of the King speaks nothing but to support that claim. One of King Maegor's oftenly unnoticed strength was his ability to discern men of talent. He was also quite known to cherish them.

"That's... disheartening." he responded. "I could easily protect our liege from any man that threatens him." he said confidently. "But sickness and old age? That is something beyond my abilities." Ser Albert disliked the feeling of powerlessness. It felt like his purpose diminished, and that he was useless, unable to carry out his sworn duty. He continued to walk down the corridor alongside Lord Aenar, a little disgruntled by his thoughts, until they reached the doors. It was then that Lord Aenar gave him final instructions.

"Then I will see you later at the meeting and we will discuss the matters then, Lord Aenar." Ser Albert nodded as he took leave of Lord Aenar. He was somehow already looking forward to his next destination. Ser Albert didn't dilly-dally and immediately went to search for her.

@Hypnos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back