• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Okkulten Wald

Rabbutt

Nascence
OOC | Characters | Info

Roleplay Thread

September 12th, 1945

Ten miles east of Malmedy, Belgium

The UAP camp was battered, shabby sight. Tents of both olive and khaki, small and large, were strung up throughout the forest clearing, and the quiet hum of trucks and jeeps echoed over the chatter of men and women. A drizzle of rain rendered the midday sky dark and grey, its heavy droplets bouncing off tent tarp like hands on a drum. The mood of the camp, discernible from the chatter of various groups, was one of both dread and curiosity. Those too busy to sit and chat were off at work, cleaning their weapons, sharpening blades, and shifting crates throughout various tents. Rumors ran rampant among the militamen and women, ranging from talks of a new autumn offensive, to whimsical tales of flying horses and sights of bigfoot. Fortunately for the men and women of Chaplin Squad, their working party has just came to a close, and the team has been directed back to their barracks; A large, open air tent lined with mattresses fitted on rickety frames, with little but a duffel bag and a small folding stand as furnishings

Everett "Yoshi" Yoshioka

Yoshi sat on the edge of his bunk, hands occupied with a journal he held in his lap. His overcoat was cast over his shoulders, forming a cape of sorts. As militia members passed on by, he would raises his head, letting out a quiet breath of acknowledgement, before sulking back into his journal, pencil scratching away at its pages. Along the paper's edges lay half finished or simply doodles of a variety of subjects, but the vocal point of the page was the dark grey crane, sketched with of such detail. Yoshi's pencil hovered over what would have been the bird's bill, had it not been for the harsh eraser makes that sat in its place instead. With a sigh of annoyance, he slapped the journal shut, and tucked it into his coat pocket. 

His attention soon shifted to the other beds of the tent, Yoshi shifted himself up and off his bed, body twisting towards the center of the tent, where he stood, arms folded over his chest. His eyes squinted at the members of Chaplin, but his voice remained slightly, lips only pursing in their place. After a few seconds, he quietly shifted towards the entrance of the tent, poking his head out only to receive a thick drop of water to the peak of his nose. Producing an irritated groan, he quickly retreated, positioning himself in the corner of the tent. Yoshi's eyes once more returned to observing the men and women in their activities, this time slipping a hand into his jacket and removing his journal once more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkady lay flat on his bed, facedown, hips and stomach resting on his pack, presumably so nobody would steal it. In his arms was his submachine gun, unloaded however the bayonet was still attached, for some odd reason. His face was pressed against the receiver like a pillow, despite there being an actual pillow nearby, mouth open and lips parted, drooling a little bit as he slept. 

Clothes wise, he was just wearing his jacket and rugged pants at the moment, which pretty much fit him like pajamas. His boots, gloves, hat, and otherwise were hung up at the end of his bunk. It seems like his interpretation of a rest order was to literally rest, somehow snoozing pretty contently through the rest of the noise activity of the camp.

Corporal James Jefferson sat at the edge of his head, his heavy legs resting on the floor. He'd been walking all day and was exhausted, looking for some time to rest his worked out limbs. His Jacket was off, only leaving his pants, shirt, and boots on. While his rifle was put away, his pistol was holstered to his side. He in no way could sleep without a firearm near him and ready to fire.

A deck of cards rested in his scared up hands. He was looking through it when he wasn't looking at other people. A wave of disgust always filled his face when he shared glares with a German, Italian, or Japanese person. He kind of made it his goal to get the other person to see his dislike, sometimes sticking his tongue out or blowing a kiss to mess around.

He loved the rain dearly, seemed like something always append to the bad guy when the sky was dripping water on his head. This created a peachy feeling for him, not approving of most of the foreign soldiers, yet on his toes and thinking about playing cards.

Sabine was next to rise. She stretched out like a cat, grumbling something or other about it being morning already, despite it being midday, and unceremoniously pulling off the covers in one fell swoop. She sat herself up, pushing her wild mane of ginger curls out of her face and rubbing her eyes. 

"Goodness, you all move quickly." She murmured before getting to work making her bed. She liked it to be tidy. 

She stood and stretched out once more. It seemed like every man in the room stood still to stare at her. She flipped her hair and sighed. 

"Lovely day for an apocalypse." She hummed, before going to fix herself up.

SGT. KONSTANTIN JOSEF SOKOLOV

The Russians, much to everyone's lack of surprise, were up early. Always rising with the sun to complete unnecessary drills and unofficially become half the camps nightmare alarm clock. Obnoxious chanting to help keep their marching in rhythm was quite despised during the hours of dawn.

Konstantin sat on his rickety stool with the odd, triangular Balalaika. Offering a slower tune to the morning light which crept up over the horizon, setting his feet up and glancing off toward the pitifully hunched men. All sitting on the edges of their beds like they stared into an abyssal pit of nostalgia. Of course, his fingers sped up over the strings, letting the cigarette clasped between his teeth roll to the side of his lips. "I 
zhink my dead grandmother has more life than all of you put together." Sokolov grinned, tapping the heels of his military boots upon the ground to act as some sort of bass to the plucking of the instrument. 

Upon his head sat his Soviet cap, it's red banded hammer and scythe adding the obvious reasoning to why his accent was a task to decipher. But, he was also one of the few Russians who had bothered to learn English. Wearing his suspenders, military bound trousers with cloth puttees, and his thick greatcoat - only supposed to be worn during the snowy months. However, since the apocalypse had rained hell on Earth, he quite rightly guessed that replacement uniforms would take months to arrive. 

"You know, you Westerners, you need something more than wallowing in zis - Uh - pity, da. You have no dancing, no singing, I'm scared to even let people know where the vodka is. Although that could turn people blind; it's Alexi's homebrewed." Considering the silence, he mostly talked and laughed to himself. Nonetheless, it was better than the silence, accompanied by staring or making offensive hand signals to each other.

@Rui

Sabine 

The red head turned her gaze to the commie. 

"Well, good morning, Grizzly." She purred, finishing brushing out her gentle curls. 

"My grandma has plenty of life now, I'd bet. Probably strolling up and down the avenue like all the other corpses." She remarked, pursing her lips. "Old dear may have been senile, but she made an excellent cup of tea."

The frog's accent hardly showed through the flawless British English. Once a spy always a spy; must sound like a native. 

She sat down beside the Russian, her legs crossed in a lady-like manner, despite no one caring; habit, I'd suppose. The tiny Frenchwoman stared up at him with a discriminatory eye. 

"Why, are you wearing a coat indoors?" 

She started to giggle, "Is your blood as cold as your country's winters? Come on, now, take off your coat in the tent. May be the end of the world but at least have some manners. There is a lady present." She teased, punching the mammoth's arm lightly in a joking manner. She always toyed with him. 

She paused for a moment:

"And you mentioned vodka?"

"Here I zhought pet names were for zhe bedroom." He winked, till letting out another deep chuckle. Resonating from within the depths of his chest as she made her next comment. "Ah, well, my grandmother was a revolutionary baker. Comrade Lenin z'thanked her for such a contribution to the Motherland." Konstantin grinned, always maintaining that aspect of the Russian saying - Cold country, warm people.

"Oh, a lady?" His brows rose with a purposefully fake disbelief till he put down his Balalaika to begin unbuttoning his coat. "If you'd like to see how cold I am, feel free to touch." Konstantin was obviously doing his best not to smile at his own jest, shrugging off the thick, well-lined coat. His current uniform was worn through and threadbare. A hole in his elbow, a button or two missing - like many Russians suffering the lack of supplies, he was no different. At least he had a gun.

Standing up to fold it on the end of his bed. Feeling the light punch, as he settled back down, the Russian gave the appearance of a cheeky schoolboy. "You're lucky for being a 'Lady', or I'd have knocked you flat." Sokolov retorted.

Nonetheless, at the mention of alcohol, he visibly recognised her peaked interest. Wartime, he supposed, did that with the lack of rum rations. Leaning further back, he grasped at the hidden, unlabeled bottle and withdrew it from behind his pack. "Now, zis, is real Russian vodka." Popping the cork, he offered the drink toward her. A smell harsh enough to leave a taint in your nose for a few hours at least. 

@Rui

Sabine 

The Frenchwoman scoffed at his lame attempts at flirting, if it could be called that. She pressed a playful kiss on his cheek. 

"You wouldn't hurt me, you're just a big old teddy bear, Grizzly." 

She eyed the liquor tentatively, partly unsure if whatever was in that bottle would've been legal. She shrugged, deeming it safe...ish. 

"I was stationed in Germany for a while. They could make some good beers. Relations with the Russian Embassy helped as well." She chuckled, pawing at his arm.

"You first. Prove to me it won't kill me." 

[SIZE= 14px]@HumansArentReal[/SIZE]

As she pressed her lips playfully to his cheek, especially with little warning, Konstantin fumbled momentarily. He was, quite honestly a large bear of a man, who could act like a teddy in the right situations. A light blush toned his expression, glaring towards her jokingly.

"I'm not old" He muttered, rather childishly to himself with a small pout. Glancing down at her tiny palm, now pawing at his bicep. It was at that point, he let his softer side gain leeway and patted her hand gently. As if a promise. Of course, that too was funny, since he could quite easily engulf her entire hand beneath his.

"You big scared-y cat!" He replied, rolling his eyes upwards, as an amused method of making fun of the woman. "пей до дна" He declared cheerfully, lifting the bottle from her grasp upwards to take a large swig. With a steely expression, he put away an entire gulp. Licking his lips a moment, till slamming a fist into his chest. "Now zhat is some strong stuff." Sokolov exclaimed. It burned, quite nicely in fact. Then again most Russians were brought up on a staple diet of vodka and stew, which made them stupid, drunk and brave because of it. That's what had them be courageous and unafraid - the important thing being pissed out their minds to accomplish it. 

"See? One day, you shall be as good as any drinker. Just follow the Russians. Germans? Z'They make good beer, but do z'they have good parties? Nyet." Placing the vodka down, he then crossed his arms. "But then again, most of our vodka is homebrew and probably illegal. Who bothers to check?"

@Rui

Sabine 

[SIZE= 14px]Sabine watched with (more than a little) respect. She'd give the commie one thing: he could drink.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]She snatched the bottle from him, a determined expression set in her petite jaw. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The first swig was interesting. She handed him back the bottle, licking her lips. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"I can feel my kidneys failing now." She chuckled, a light flush coloring her cheeks. [/SIZE]

Another laugh escaped him, giving her a light slap on the shoulder in goodwill whilst accepting his bottle back - taking another quick swig before he wedged the cork back in and placed it beside his stool. Amused by the rosy colour of her cheeks, flushing from alcohol whilst attempting to seem as good as any man. "And you, managed to survive Alexi's vodka without a splutter. Woman of steel, eh?" Konstantin commented, admittedly proud of his female associate. "And look at zhat, much prettier with a little colour in your face." He nodded, pinching the bottom of her chin in a friendly manner. Russians after all, were big on physical emphasis when it came to friendship. A kiss on each cheek, a hug, offering more food than was necessary - the list went on.

"One day, who knows, you might even begin dancing zhe Kazatsky." Sokolov winked, reaching for his Balalaika again, to rest it in his lap. 

@Rui

Sabine

The little frog pouted, crossing her arms, curling her knees up to hug like a petulant child. 

"Oh, tais-toi, ours Russe."

She grumbled, rubbing her chin with a frown. Her face then switched altogether, a mischievous grin on her face. She popped up on her knees, ruffling the larger man's thin blonde hair. 

"Ha! Tu as l'air ridicule, Russe." She snickered, commenting on his now unruly mane. "Now you are less of a bear, and more of a lion."

[SIZE= 14px]She giggled, settling back down at his side to observe her hairstyling creation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"You should keep it like that, Grizzly." [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]She was good at pushing people's buttons, particularly his. The nickname, innocent and endearing as it was meant to be, with the right tone of voice could be particularly provoking. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]And who better to provoke?[/SIZE]

The Russian sat quite grumpily as she rose above him on her knees, running her hands through his hair to make it stick out awkwardly. Especially since his short military haircut, it made the entire set of locks stand on end. When she was finally done, Konstantin muttered under his breath in Russian, flattening it all down again - only to reach across for his military cap and jam it tightly over his head. "Hmph." He huffed in her direction.

But the game had just begun. Because as soon as she'd sat back down, he wrapped his arm around her neck in a headlock. Although without ruffling her own hair into a mess of tangles. "I don't 
z'think I heard you very well, my little лисица." 

@Rui

James Jefferson

Jame's silence was getting to him, and getting to him fast. He was not one to miss out on conversations. As a result of hearing the woman and the Russian blabber on and flirt, he got jealous of them. Getting up out of his bed, he stretch out and let out a long exhale. Shaking as he completed his stretch. He carried his heavy, tired body like it was nothing. Deck of cards in his hand, he marched over to the two conversation spiters with utter confidence. 

Once James reached the two, he slapped the deck into his opposite hand, making a loud slap in attempt to grab their attention. He smirked, looking at the two (but mostly the woman), tilting his head back in an unimpressed but playful manner.

"Yah know, all this talk about strippin' out of coats and vodka gave me an idea. How about some strip poker?" he barked in his usual sarcastic tone. "Hell," he continued "I'm sure ol' motherland over here could hold a mean poker face. Either way that wouldn't help yah, you're looking at the best cards player in the west." He grabbed his belt, cards still in hand, making himself look like a cowboy.  

Sabine 

The little vixen was kicking and scratching playfully, her face scrunched up tightly. 

"Вы зло!" She whined, "You're choking me!" 

She paused her distress for a moment, pursing her lips in thought. 

"What do you think, Grizzly? I think it sounds fun." She smiled up at the Russian, the wicked glint in her eyes unmistakable. 

"Side note, could you kindly release me? I really am suffocating." The increasing redness in her face proved her point. 

Observing the approach of the American, Konstantin laughed and finally released Sabine from his choke hold on her. "I'm not zhe one you should be calling evil. Wasn't me who started zhe fighting." He shrugged innocently, till turning his attention towards the Texan once again. "I'm Ukrainian," Konstantin remarked. Not a fan of American smart-asses, he appreciated being able to pull the nationality card on them.

"And as I know, you desperately want to see me with less clothes on, I accept." He drawled, in a dry tone brimming with sarcasm. "On zhe other hand, my американский, I don't see why you should call yourself zhe best. After all, I might be zhe best Kazatsky dancer here, but z'there is always someone better." 

@Rui

Sabine

Sabine scoffed.

"Grizzly, everyone else is dead, silly bear. He may be the last person playing cards at all." 

She rolled up her sleeves, sitting up for a moment, before sliding into the Russian's lap with a cheeky grin shot his way.

"Well, I'm game," she paused, "For cards, not dancing. Sorry, Russe." She chuckled. "I, too, want to see Rusky here with less on than his usual uniform and coat, American." She giggled, smiling jokingly towards the Texan. 

James Jefferson

James tilted his head, still holding his belt. "Ukrani-what now?" his face filled with utter confusion.

Either way he shrugged and took his seat. He studied the two for only a moment, trying to predict how the two will play. After that brief study, his face changed to that of a charming smile. He peered over to the woman, leaning his head forward and tilted ever so slightly. 

"You there, you look like a smart girl. How about you deal the cards?" He extended his hand out to the girl, still holding his charming pose and smile. "I'd enjoy Texas hold em, if yah will. Possibly the best version of poker, and it's still so new."

Sabine

The Ginger wagged a finger at him. 

"Oh don't patronize me, American." She jeered, taking the cards delicately from his hands and shuffling them rapidly. She dealt two cards to each of them, pursing her lips.

"You would want Texas Hold'em, American." She mumbled, handing him back the shuffled deck.

"Well, here's to loosing to the best player in the West." 

He'd almost given up being surprised as Sabine slid into his lap, with her mischevious grin and wickedly wonderful expression. The Russian quite placidly ended up resting his head on her shoulder. Much like a bear who was fed up at being poked.

"You know, I'm not good at poker either." Konstantin mumbled, with a large frown till looking at the American and rolling his eyes again. "Look at a map, zhe Soviet Union isn't just Russia, американский. Zhat is why it is a Union." Sokolov explained quite exasperatedly, watching as Sabine shuffled the cards. "I feel naked already." He then muttered, glancing at his cards behind her back.

@Rui

James Jefferson

James chuckled, keeping strong eye contact on the woman.

"Surprised you know how to play it, it's not even that recognized that much today. I was under the impression only some of my deepest friends back home knew about it. Doubt your friend over there knows what we're talking about."

He kept his eye contact on the woman still, until it cut off halfway through the Ukrainian's ranting. He looked like a mix of annoyed and confused as he turned over to the man.

"So, Ukran-nanium is like a state over where y'all come from?" it was almost like he didn't listen to the man at all, but after his statement, he glared back at the woman dealing the cards. "That's some good card dealing there, ma'am. You might as well be right about that 'best poker player' title."

Sabine 

She figured Konstantin was going to pop him one if the American wasn't informed soon. 

"The Ukraine is a country," she sighed, then perked up a bit at the complement.

"I've played with Hitler himself. One gets very good at dealing, at the least. Also, good at loosing." She chuckled, "The man dislikes loosing. That much is evident by this war." She looked up at her big Russian. 

"At least you'll get to see me naked. I think that's fair." She teased. 

SGT. KONSTANTIN JOSEF SOKOLV

"If you look any harder, I'd zhink you might just look z'through the lady." Konstantin commented towards the American slyly, tilting his head on the Frenchwoman's shoulder with a small grin. Till his expression turned sour. "I know what z'this game is. I am not stupid, nor am I very good at it, because American's are rare fighting with us. We come from zhe East, you come from zhe West." Sokolov snapped, thankful that Sabine had taken a ticking time-bomb off his shoulders for answering the Ukraine question.

"Hitler?" Evidently surprised, the Russian then gave a laugh. "Must've been hell working with zhat man, I've heard many things about him. We liberated many of his 'camps'." He remarked, shaking his head as if getting rid of any images. Alas, the mood was instantly brightened. "Very true. But I have a feeling my pride will be no longer after z'this."

@Rui

James Jefferson

"Ah, seeing your pal naked will be a sight to see." he said, tilting his head over to nod at the Russian, before quickly rushing his head back to attention on the girl.

"Hitler, aye?" he took the comment as it was a joke (hopefully, he thought to himself). "I've won games against Hidke Tojo himself!" he laughed out. "That nip couldn't tell the difference from gold fish and black jack!" he laughed to himself some more after that comment, quickly shaking his head back into focus.

"Yah ready, Ukran-" he paused, not wanting to mess up the name again. "Yah ready, pal? Hope you ain't too comfortable in those coats."

Sabine

She snickered, "Being his lover's secretary had its advantages. Neither of them were too interested in me, anyways. They were more into each other." She shook her head, "Who knew the feared Adolf Hitler was a Queen, and his obnoxious confidant Schrek." She shrugged, "Well, it was getting a little warm in this tent anyways. Let's get to it." 

She rubbed her hands together, a cute, focused expression materializing on her features. 

"The key is not to loose too badly." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back