Ok, this might get me killed....

Solar Markus

I am an avid fan of both d10 and d20 systems (with a slight break into d6), and Exalted screams to my very nature as the ONLY game I want to play.

I have recently committed what my friends refer to as Blasphemy Of The Highest Degree.

I converted the massive amounts of dice needed to be an Exalt in d10 to a game of sheer twisted numbers in d20.

I would like to hear any thoughts about this, and am willing to share my conversion to anyone who would like to critique and slander it.

Feel free to PM or email me.

What have you done here exactly? d20 Exalted?

-S

I am an avid fan of both d10 and d20 systems (with a slight break into d6), and Exalted screams to my very nature as the ONLY game I want to play.
I have recently committed what my friends refer to as Blasphemy Of The Highest Degree.

I converted the massive amounts of dice needed to be an Exalt in d10 to a game of sheer twisted numbers in d20.
Okay. Sounds doable to me. Don't expect my help, though.

You might want to check out the Eberron setting for the d20 system. It has a lot of the features that the Feng Shui conversion to d20 had--Burning Shaolin was a one shot pholio and very short-- including some great stunting features, but with an expanded world, and a lot of goodies that are tasty all on their own.

The Eberron setting is a great stand alone game, and WotC is putting some decent effort into expanding it, but if it doesn't call to your soul like Exalted, it can still be a great base to look at for converting your Exalted game into.

Mind you, I like what WotC did to the system. Their Modern, Urban Arcana, and Future books are fantastic, even just as sourcebooks for other games, and their Modern Weapons guide is one of the best handbooks for RPG arms that's been done yet--even if you don't like d20, it's worth picking up to pick through for ideas and source material. Between that and what they did for Star Wars, it's worth checking out if you want to do a conversion. The system is solid, it cross references well, and between all the game settings you can get a good idea of what you'd like to keep, and what you'd like to ditch.

I tend to convert the other way around, from d20 into d10--but that's because I prefer what WW did in their system a bit better--but I can see the draw for the system. Check out Eberron and see if it's got the juicy bits that you want.

I have read all of Eberron thus far, and yeah, it's a fun system.  

It just doesn't feel Epic - Anime enough.  And yeah, it's d20 Exalted.

Plus, the sheer immensity of the powers in Exalted cannot be touched anywhere else.

And yeah, it's d20 Exalted.
Plus, the sheer immensity of the powers in Exalted cannot be touched anywhere else.
Wouldn't getting rid of the 25 Abilities and paring down the 9 Attributes into 6 basically force you to rework every single Charm tree? Sounds like a lot of work. Or am I missing something?

-S

Stillborn said:
And yeah, it's d20 Exalted.
Wouldn't getting rid of the 25 Abilities and paring down the 9 Attributes into 6 basically force you to rework every single Charm tree? Sounds like a lot of work. Or am I missing something?

-S
You coudl easily retool it into A d20 system without using THE d20 system. 9 Attributes instead of 6 is no problem (you just have to come up with something for them all to DO). Turn the Abilities into Skills, and make certain Ranks required for the purchase of certain Charms (which function like Feats or Spells).

You certainly would have to rework every Charm tree, but not THAT much.

Have you heard about F.A.T.A.L.? Tell your friends you are going to convert Exalted into that instead.

Storyteller Aberrant, perhaps?

I'm pretty sure there's a Quantum power that allows you to raise the dead, and one of the Q6+ powers allows you to make your own universes.

You pretty much nailed it there.  Take a look at the Adventure and other conversions that the nice folks at Swords and Sorcery did--since they are essentially WW's emissaries into the d20 system.

And while you're there, check out what they did for Gamma World. Even if you're not a fan of the original game and don't remember Hoops and Badders from your youth, their Gamemaster's Guide is one of the best supplements that a fledgling Screen Monkey could ask for.  It's an excellent tool for helping a game master with pacing, plotting, and building a good yarn.  Not just "Be sure to give details", but great advice on exactly how to do so, with several approaches and styles. One of the best supplements that has come out for any system on the market, and it's good enough that you don't have to play Gamma World or any d20 game to get solid use from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back