Oh, Look, a ShadowBird!

Hello! I'm no stranger to role-playing, however I am a bit of a stranger to the way this site works with it's rules and such. I'll get to my questions in a bit but I figure I may as well list off some things about me!

• I am a female teenager from the US
  • I've been role-playing since January 2014
  • I enjoy creating characters quite a lot, to the point where I'll spend days or even weeks thinking of the little things about them. I also like to create characters that are jerks though...
  • I am heterosexual
  • I like to write stories as well as rp
  • I've been clinically diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, depression, OCD, ADHD, PTSD, and Asperger Syndrome/Autism Spectrum Disorder(Still can't get used to that name...). A small little list of things there, but I function and operate just fine in case anyone was wondering.
  • While I live in the Central timezone, my schedule is often VERY messed up to the point where I'm often up and about in the late afternoon, evening, and night.
  • I homeschool
  • I have a tendency to ramble and go on for an unnecessarily long time, as you can see. This is why I'll end this little list here.

My main questions honestly have to do with the rules on coding and the concept of swearing and to what extent swearing is allowed. Can I 'code' up my posts a bit to make them look better? Can I do regular posts centered(As I like to do so, and haven't in this post just in case I was breaking the coding rule by some means)? Can I do character dialogue in different colors? I do have examples of what I like to do if anyone would like to see them, which I'll put if asked. And to what extent is swearing allowed on this site? I'll most likely have more questions as time goes by due to my obsessive need for clarity but these are the main ones for now.

I do hope that I'll be able to enjoy myself here though, and I hope that maybe I can make some friends c: Now if you'll excuse me, I have a shy corner set up that I have to retreat to as usual when I first make posts somewhere~

Hello there! I am Technic, and I would be happy to help you with these questions!

1. Sadly, no and yes. You see, before, RPN had the option to where you could insert BBCodes and do whatever you wanted with your posts. They had an entire guide about and it was magnificent! But recently, The Dark Wizard felt that the BBCode was too outdated, and removed it all together, with the exception for a few codes. These codes can be found on your editor, on the very top-right side. There you will see Tabs, Accordions, Horizontal lines, Stick notes, and Tables. For all I know, right now, these are the only BBCodes you can use. So, if you want to change the color, you're going to have to use the basic color changer that RPN gives you, same with fonts and font sizes. It's sad, I know. But it's what Wizard thinks is best. Basically the only things you can do right now are the same things you can do on programs such as Google Docs or Microsoft Word.

2. RPN does allow cursing and adult content, yes. The only thing that it does not allow is ERP (Erotic Roleplay) or intense gore and violence. If you go to the site rules forum (which isn't very hard to find,) you'll see all the rules there. So, say whatever you want! As long as it doesn't elude to anything extremely sexual or violent. Just be careful with who you're roleplaying with 

Hope this helped you! ^^

Hello there! I am Technic, and I would be happy to help you with these questions!

1. Sadly, no and yes. You see, before, RPN had the option to where you could insert BBCodes and do whatever you wanted with your posts. They had an entire guide about and it was magnificent! But recently, The Dark Wizard felt that the BBCode was too outdated, and removed it all together, with the exception for a few codes. These codes can be found on your editor, on the very top-right side. There you will see Tabs, Accordions, Horizontal lines, Stick notes, and Tables. For all I know, right now, these are the only BBCodes you can use. So, if you want to change the color, you're going to have to use the basic color changer that RPN gives you, same with fonts and font sizes. It's sad, I know. But it's what Wizard thinks is best.

2. RPN does allow cursing and adult content, yes. The only thing that it does not allow is ERP (Erotic Roleplay) or intense gore and violence. If you go to the site rules forum (which isn't very hard to find,) you'll see all the rules there. So, say whatever you want! As long as it doesn't elude to anything extremely sexual or violent. Just be careful with who you're roleplaying with 

Hope this helped you! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
You sound almost exactly like me, I was diagnosed as autistic (high functioning/CAHMS) and depression, anxiety disorder and other personal problems.

Welcome to RpN. Beware of my sarcasm.

Wow, thanks for all the response here c:

Yes, you've helped me quite a bit, @Technic. I read the rules before posting or even joining, though I was a little unsure of the entire swearing rules. And that sucks, I've honestly gotten used to BBCode and I've made myself around an intermediate level with everything but images cx Thanks for the welcome!

@Asperix0, really? My little brother has high-functioning, and a lot of the same issues I do. Asperger's just runs in the family. Thanks for the welcome though~

@juvia Thanks for the welcome!

@Huey Thanks for the welcome! As for that question, there are many...but notably fantasy, some realistics, sci-fi, and horror. I'll also do fandoms though if I find a fit RP for them. Essentially it's just a case of ask be about a certain idea cx

@ShadowBird12 Welcome to RPN. I think you'll really enjoy it here! There are a lot of awesome people on here and different genres for everybody. The editing format will take some getting used to, but once you play a bit with the different options you'll eventually get the hang of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back