Oh, it's good to write

Pluvious

But first, tea
My name is Pluvious and I'm a role player.

*Hi Pluvious*

Well, hi! Good (insert time of day) to you. If this really were some sort of Role Players Anonymous, I'm sure my friends and family would be thrilled that I'm attending. I'm a bit of an addict, you see. And not a very good one. I have urges - bursts of overwhelming creativity, enthusiastic planning, and super sonic writing that keep me up deep into the night. I lurk around the forums for hours, refreshing until a title piques my interest. For stretches of time, I have an active online presence. I make friends. And we write awesome stories.

And then... nothing. My drive to participate just vanishes.

But, fellow role players, my cravings have returned. I'm hungry for collaborative storytelling. I long to create characters, build worlds, and establish relationships and help them flourish. Or destroy them. Mercilessly. The written word beckons. I roam the boards, on the hunt for beautiful prose and smart dialogue. I've already made an account. I've uploaded a pretty profile picture. I'm writing this introduction post.

It's not too late for me to disappear and pretend I was never here. But, the thing is, I don't want to go.

So, RP Nation, I appeal to you: help me satisfy my RP addiction. Help me avoid straying from the world of role playing. Now that I'm back, I'd rather not leave.

My name is Pluvious. It's good to meet you.

Great to have you here, Pluvious. If you're ever interested in roleplaying just talk to me. (However my writing is a lot to be desired.)

So hopefully, you can help me get better? Perhaps I'll get better while writing and your RP urges are satisfied. Ah, the win-win.

Either way, it is wonderful to meet you and have you here, Mrs. Pluvious.

Why, thank you, AkioTheHero. What a kind offer. It's much appreciated! I'm not sure if I'll be of much help to you should we write together, but I'm sure it'll curb some of my cravings. :)

Well, Pluvious, it is an honest delight when I say I'm glad to have you here. I welcome you to RP Nation.

As a fellow Roleplayer who is quite well aware of the struggle of keeping such motivation to Roleplay, I do quite hope you will succeed in your efforts.

As for any questions you may have, I do hope I will be of some slight assistance. Surely, I am somewhat new to this forum, but I have an idea of which direction to point you in.

You may call me Wrought, as many have decided to. But I would far more prefer it if you were to call me Cross, X, or even Ten if it would be most suitable to your tastes. Frankly, I am quite all right with any name I am given, just as long as no ill-intent is pointed towards said name.

Once again, I welcome you, Pluvious. And I do hope that you will come to enjoy your time here at RP Nation.

Then, perhaps you wouldn't mind if I started a conversation with you and talked about any genre preferences we may happen to share?

Dear Ten,

Many thanks for welcoming me so graciously to the site. Should questions arise, I'll know exactly where to look and to whom to reach out. Your hospitality and kindness are warmly regarded and greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Pluvious

All formality and silliness aside, thanks for the welcome! Truly. I've only just signed up but I'm feeling more at more at home here. :)

No more formality? Those words are music to my ears.

No need for me to act all formal now. Nice to meetchya. I'm Isaac. Welcome aboard the Crazy Train- I mean RPNation

Well I'm rather elated that you're already feeling at home here! And yes, all formality aside, It'll be nice to have a skilled Rp'er to talk to as well. If you wouldn't mind that is, I may pop a message your way for further chatting. o3o

Akio the Hero & Ten: Many thanks again for the warm welcomes! I'd be delighted to receive your messages, and I shall endeavor to respond promptly.

No need for thanks, Miss. Warm welcomes are my best kinda welcomes. (Haha?)

Though I'm going to be honest, acting all formal ain't my style. So... I'll just be my normal self.

Pluvious said:
But, fellow role players, my cravings have returned. I'm hungry for collaborative storytelling. I long to create characters, build worlds, and establish relationships and help them flourish. Or destroy them. Mercilessly. The written word beckons.
It does indeed. I look forward to reading more from you, welcome to the neighborhood.

Please do be you. And I'll be me, which is not nearly as formal as my writing sounds. It's become apparent over the years that I write the way I think, rather than the way I speak (and there is a difference). Apologies in advance if I come off a tad stiff or snooty. I assure you all, I bring with me no elitist snobbery or lofty expectations. In time, my writing will relax. But as we're all brand new acquaintances, I'm afraid you'll have to endure my oddly formal prose.

Grazie mille, Bone2pick. We logophiles gots ta stick together. :)

Greeting Pluvious and welcome to RpNation! I share a similar bane of obsession followed by long creative droughts. But like you, I feel a sudden burning in my bones to create. I look forward to working with you.

Users who are viewing this thread