• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Oh Brother Dearest, Oh Sister Darling.

Rumiko walked home from school, humming to herself. Needless to say it was a good day. She got a good grade on that pesky math test, her friend made her a special bento, and she even got a secret love note, granted she had no interest in the boy. She was on top of the world, feeling as though nothing could make it worse. Rumiko turned the corner, entering the gate that blocked off her house from the street. She skipped up the path, taking off her shoe and stepping in before taking off her other shoe and entering that foot in as well. "I'm home!" She called out, wondering if he was home. Him being the boy she grew up with since she was 6 years old. She saw him as nothing more than a step brother that entered into the family. While most still call him her brother, she only ever referred to him by name.

"Hellllllo?" She called out once again, peeking around the corner only to find nothing except for an empty kitchen. She then smiled, laughing slightly. "Ramennnnn." She squealed to herself, gingerly bouncing over to the cabinet to pull out a pan as well as a package of instant ramen. After getting the water boiling she walked over to the freezer and pulled out a Popsicle before sitting herself up on a counter, waiting patiently.

Kou prepared to go home after his working shift is finished. And today was payday, so before he went home, he was called to the manager's room, to receive his paycheck. Overall, today was not a good day, not bad either. On his way home, he saw some frog-shaped accessories that was quite odd. He remembered his sister loved frog, so he decided to buy it. While walking home, he was spaced out, thinking about ways to make up with his sister. Even though he was older, his sister always called him by his name. 'Sigh, she didn't even consider me her brother. Even though we grew up together, she still sees me as stranger...'

Arrived at his home, he hesitated to enter his house. Even though he had lived him for a long time, he still felt uneasy every time he's going to enter the house. He left out a small sigh, and then entered the house. He noticed his sister's shoe there, and then took off his shoe. He faintly heard fizzling sound from the kitchen, so he decided to check the kitchen. There he found his sister sitting on the counter table, eating a Popsicle. 'She still as sloppy as usual.' He sighed and talk to his sister. "At least change your clothes before cooking something. And get down from the kitchen counter, there are chairs in here. Well, what do you cook? Want me to help?"

Rumiko continued humming, her legs swinging back and forth. The blue Popsicle stained her lips as they started tingling from the cold. When she looked up she noticed her brother standing in the kitchen. When he started talking she rolled her eyes. "Nag nag nag nag." She mimcked, jumping down before placing the noodles in the water. "Well hello to you too Kou." She huffed, poking at the contents in the pot with a fork. "I'll change after I'm done. But no. I don't need your help." She decided, keeping her back turned to him. "And yes. I do know we have chairs." She turned around, sticking her tongue out at him. She then grabbed the chair and pulled it over to the cabinet, stepping in it so she could grab a bowl. "And that's what they're used for." She grinned, laughing slightly as she looked down at her brother. "Hah~ I'm taller than you now!" She laughed louder, leaning back slightly.

Kou sighed at his mischievous sister. "You better drink some more milk than eating Popsicle. Compared to you friend, you are the shortest. At least drink until you're tall enough to grab a bowl from the cabinet." He left out a small chuckle as he walked over his sister. "Rumi-chan, here, grab my hand" He gestured his hand in helping manner, while his other hand grabbed the fork and helped his sister to stir the instant ramen that was being cooked. "Hmm, you better add some vegetable in it. I'll help you cut some. I think we still have some in the fridge."

Rumiko raised an eyebrow, placing a hand on her hip. "I am not the shortest of my friends. I am average height. Plenty of us are the same height." She looked down at him, looking at his hand. She continued to just stare at it for a few seconds before huffing. "I can get down myself." Rumiko sighed, hopping down from the chair herself. She then walked over to the fridge, pulling out the veggies. "Hmmm fine fine fine. You can help." She decided, placing the things on the counter by the stove. She then grabbed a knife, placing it also on the counter. "I've got to go change. Sooooo." She gingerly poked his cheek before turning on her heels. "You're it! Watch the food." She cooed, skipping out of the kitchen and towards her room.

@DGLong

Kou sighed and smiled at his sister behavior. Even though Rumiko kept playing prank to him and kept ignoring him, he could never get mad at her, no matter how annoyed he was. He watched as his sister running toward her room, "Make it quick! I need to change too!" Kou then turned to the counter and start cutting the vegetables. "Let's see, why she pick spinach for ramen?" Kou sighed and walked over to the fridge, and put the spinach in. He then took out carrot and some onion leaves, and cutting it into small pieces. He then put the vegetable inside the boiling bowl or noodles, and stir it slowly.

Rumiko closed the door to her room, quickly taking off her uniform before hanging it back up. She put in a simple yellow blouse with a green skirt and green socks. After putting her hair half up she started walking out of her room, soon thinking of something. She went back into her room and grabbed a whistle. Rumiko then made her way to the kitchen. She peeked around the entrance, eyeing her step brother. She smiled at the way he moved so confidently around the kitchen. It also fascinated her with the way he knew exactly what to do. She girl snuck in, walking quietly. She tried her hardest to keep from snickering. When she was right behind him she brought the whistle to her lips, suddenly blowing it loudly. She then stumbled backwards, laughing loudly.

Kou was cooking calmly, and humming a song while at that, when suddenly he heard a loud whistle behind him, He startled and drop the fork that we was carrying. He turned around and found that Rumiko was laughing loudly. Kou was still in shock, and he was still trying to cath his breath. "Rumi! Don't.. do.. that.... again!" Kou stepped forward and flicked his sister's forehead and took the whistle off her. "You're too old to play this kind of prank. Oh geez, just watch the food, baka. I need to change and calm my heart down...." Kou then stepped over and walked to his room, while rubbing his chest, still in shock after his sister's prank.

Rumiko was still snickering, covering her mouth to keep from bursting out again. She stopped laughing when she felt her forehead being flicked. This caused her to look up with a pout of her face, slightly irritated. "I'm not too old! I'll be 50 years old and still playing pranks! You just wait and see. Hmph. Meanie." She stuck out her tongue as he left the room. After a few seconds she relaxed her face and picked up the fork, washing it off real quick before continuing to stir the food. She lifted a noddle, slurping it into her mouth as she tested it to see if it was done. "Mhmm!" She clapped her hands together before draining the contents from the pot into her bowl. She then grabbed a pair of chopsticks and walked over to the table, tucking her feet beneath her as she sat down. She then turned on the T.V, watching whatever came on as she stuffed her face. "Good call on the carrots and such." She mumbled, nodding at the flavor.

Kou still rubbed his chest, when he heard faintly that Rumiko wouldn't stop playing pranks. Kou sighed and shook his head. Kou then changed his clothes to comfy white shirt. He then checked his phone, to find a message from his mother. The message said : "I'm not coming home. I will stay at Aunt Yoshiko tonight. Don't forget to lock the door and take care of your sister. Love you, Mom"

Kou sighed and nodded to the message and realized that both of their parent wouldn't come home for tonight. His step-father was going away on a trip to Hokkaido. He decided to came down to get some ramen that he cooked before. Walking down the stairs, she saw his sister sitting in front of the T.V. and watched some kind of news while eating the ramen. Kou quickly walked to the kitchen, only to found empty pot there. "Hey, Rumi-chan. You eat all of the ramen? At least left some for me." Kou then walked to the fridge and take the frozen chicken meat there. He then put the meat on a bowl of water and let it defrost for a while. He then talked to Rumi about his mother's message. "Mother isn't coming home today, she stays at Aunt Yoshiko. And father isn't coming home too, you already know right? Eh, he left when you're already left for school. He went to Hokkaido for 3 days. I just want to inform you."

@Halcyon

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back