Story Øffline

Lemonl

Rematch! ( ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾
Preface

When someone dies, they’re gone forever, and there’s no turning back on it, as it approaches at every moment. Best to spend life enjoying it than worrying about the end, right? In this futuristic world, there is a popular m.m.o.r.p.g. (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) called Øffline. This game has certain mechanics that can bring you to a point where you can’t escape. This story shows a girl named Venus, who joins the game on a mission, one to change the fate of her family. Soon, she is to unravel a conspiracy that could crumble how reality could be seen around us. Welcome to Øffline, new user, would you like to make a new account?

Mercury has been gone for a month now. He’s supposed to come back in December, and that’s only a month from now, I’m SO excited. We are the closest siblings ever, I love him so much, and I can’t wait to go to college with him after I graduate!

. . .

It’s late January, and Mercury still hasn’t come home yet, he said he might not make it for Christmas, but we didn’t think he actually wouldn’t be able to come! Also, not to mention he hasn’t been answering any calls, texts, emails, or anything of the sort! My dad said he’s getting worried, and has made plans to visit him in a few days. I hope my brother is alright, I don’t know what I’d do without him.

. . .

It’s early March, and still, no sign of Mercury. We registered him as missing, but I’m still very worried about him. Where could he be? My parents are worried sick, and don’t know how to keep going on like everything’s alright. I don’t understand, but I’m sure he’s off doing something he loves. He last told me that he’s been playing a new game, called Øffline, maybe sometime he wanted me to try it, but I don’t know how I feel about it.

. . .

It’s May, and the last day of school was yesterday, I’m officially a Senior, and my brother still hasn’t turned up. I hope he shows up soon, because this is getting to my parents, they keep expecting him to show up, every day, and then they get all sad when he doesn’t. Some people are saying that the game Øffline can ruin your life, and there are debates between people on whether to ban it.

There was a man that came to my house today. He had on a black armband and a rough, cut-up face. The first words out of his mouth, Mercury’s gone. He handed me a copy of Øffline and told me to play, he said it would be the secret to all my troubles. I guess it’s worth a try?

If you enjoyed reading, reply to this and tell me what you think! Maybe I’ll make a story out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back