Music Official Music Thread (What Do You Listen To?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like chill stuff, recently I've been listening to The Antlers I like the main singers voice. I like chill trance, chillstep, and experiemental sound mixes too (specially when working).

I sort of listen to just about anything, so long as I enjoy it, but usually I go for something chill and unintrusive so I can work to it.

I Don't Want Love - The Antlers

[media]

[/media]

Any Disturbed1's here? I'm all about hard rock and heavy metal. Nothing is more epic than a great drummer and a badass guitar solo.

I will really listen to just about any genre of music. I am a huge fan of instrumental soundtracks though. And my favorite band is Eisley

@Squall Leonhart

I feel you cuz

Biggie smalls is the illist!

[media]

[/media]
My favorite rappers are J.Cole, Childish Gambino, Nas, 2 Pac, Big Sean, Pro Era, Kendrick and most of Top Dog (F*ck Jay Rock) and the Odd Future as a whole.

My favorite bands are Rage against the Machines, Paramore, Jimmy Hendrix, Guns N' Roses and Led Zeppelin but I also will give BOTDF some love too.

I suggest these artist and bands if you want to get into Rock or Rap. If any fans of rap want something new the Pro Era's Capital STEEZ and Joey Bada$$ are very refreshing and have a 90's feel.

I'm both eclectic and particular in my tastes.

The most, uh, accessible artists I enjoy are Muse, Placebo, Elbow, Tupac, Enter Shikari, Akira Yamoaka, Amanda Palmer, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Portishead, Metric, Modest Mouse, Massive Attack, Bloc Party, and Fred.

I also like Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Bauhaus, 65 Days of Static, Mogwai, Coil, A Silver Mt. Zion, The Knife, Fever Ray, Bitter Ruin, God Is An Astronaut, Owen Pallet, Jessica Curry, Crippled Black Phoenix, Pink Floyd, Carbonscape, Sleep Research Facility, The Protomen,

Enjoy this awesome Nouvelle Vague cover of a Bauhaus classic.

[media]

[/media]

Really into all J-Pop right now. Past few weeks (since watching No Game No Life anime) I've listened to a lot of a Konomi Suzuki.

Christ - Music.

Currently sat at work with Spotify keeping me sane - A heady mix of Avenged Sevenfold, random Dubstep, some NASA planet sounds earlier and a few punky playlists earlier.

Otherwise ... pretty much anything. I'm a long time metal-head though I have pretty broad music tastes. To name a few bands randomly - Slipknot, Dope, Snot, Rancid, NOFX, Hot Action Cop, Jack Johnson, Coheed & Cambria, Pantera, Baby Metal, Iron Maiden, Front Line Assembly, Dizzy Rascal, Wu Tang Clan, NWA, CB4, Sage Francis, Coup, Sign of the Southern Cross, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Yoko Kano, Sublime, ..... so, so, so many others .... Hatebreed, Danny Diablo, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Machine Head etc etc etc...

Epic trailer scores (Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, Epic Score, etc.), metal (all kinds, from Metallica, to As I Lay Dying, to Pantera, to Archenemy, to [some] Dethklok, etc.), solo piano music (Jeff Bjorck), some dubstep, some opera (not musicals), some hip-hop.

Favorite is the epic orchestral stuff, though.

Since a while, I listen to BrunuhVille. He makes really great music. Plays everything himself on a keyboard and then places the layers over each other. And man, that sounds amazing! Besides that, I think Two Steps From Hell makes nice music too, I think.

And Audiomachine too!

I have a pretty wide music taste, but I prefer more upbeat songs with lots of instruments. I love instrumental/orchestra music a lot, though, which is probably spawned from me playing in an orchestra.

An artist I've been listening to a TON to has been Susumu Hirasawa. He's composed numerous songs for anime soundtracks, like Beserk and Paprika, and I just adore almost every one of his songs. Here's one of his songs I've been listening to recently:

[media]

[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back