• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ocean Ridge

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Samuel Cox

Some would say that picking up your ex-girlfriend was a ballsy move, or perhaps a stupid move. Because who did that, if they weren't totally over their ex? Or even while they were trying to get over said ex, who would do that? 'Cause it was real hard to move on when you were consistently being dragged face to face with the one person that you yearned for more than anything.

But call Sam a masochist, because that's exactly how he always ended up.

The majority of his days were spent with Cori and on the rare day that he wasn't hanging out with her, he was texting her. He knew it was dumb, but he didn't really want to move on so at the moment, he didn't care too much. Until she'd started entertaining Edgar's stupid flirtatious remarks, and he was slapped in the face with the reality of their situation. That he was just some dumb puppy trailing after a girl that had zero interest in him anymore.

He wondered if it would've hurt less if they'd had a messy breakup. Instead, their breakup had been more like a candle being pinched out. Quiet, unremarkable.

As Cori hopped into his car, all thoughts from before vanished. A wide smile spread across his face and he kind of just watched her for a moment, until she spoke about the brownies. He blinked, then glanced down at the pan on her lap, before putting the car into drive as he started towards the block party.

"I dunno, I like 'em a little burnt," he teased. "Extra flavor, ya know?" He chuckled, and silence for a moment filled the void. Sam always had trouble trying to figure out what to speak to Cori about these days -- not that conversation between them was hard, it was just... there was a different edge to it. A little bit uneasy, as they tried to explore whatever their new relationship was.

Sorry, not relationship. Friendship.

"Least you didn't burn your oven again. I mean, imagine that, am I right? Roll up with a pan full a' brownie batter, 'cause your oven caught fire. So really, this is like... uhh... an A+ or somethin', ya know? Total improvement," he briefly took his hand the steering wheel, clapping his hands, before his hand returned to the steering wheel and his other returned to resting on the gear shift.

"How's... art?"

mood
party party party

outfit
clothes

playing...
Weak
by AJR​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Cori

tags
keeruh keeruh

º º code by ditto º º

Corinne.

• mood

fuck if I know she’s bipolar

Cori had always been the type who’d had a hard time moving on from things. Her job, her life in ocean ridge. Petty grudges and could-have-been relationships. A muttered insult tossed at her by a particularly brash customer at the bar. Most recently, Sam. As stupid and selfish as it was when she’d been the on to end things in the first place.

She glanced at him sidelong, fighting the smile that threatened to break her composure as he spoke, tucking the words deep deep into the center of her chest, sorta like a secret compartment inside herself that she reserved for the man besides her.

Stupid and selfish indeed.

She sighed at his question, turning to face him fully as a thousand answers she could’ve given him spun through her mind. Art had always been the most complicated, guarded part of herself. Another secret part of her soul, and maybe…maybe even the reason she’d been afraid to voice what was between her and Sam in the first place.

She’d been too afraid to commit to something so real, so…new and different. So comfortable. How could she, when she was this close to achieving her dream? A few more months of double shifts and she’d be there, with her studio and art and that was all she ever needed, right? It terrified her that it wasn’t. And so she’d ended things, blaming it on her father.

Perhaps the most selfish and stupid thing she’d done.

“Art’s…” Cori paused to consider for a minute, before a cheeky grin spread across her face. “Art’s great. I think I’ll have saved enough for my studio by the summer, but I don’t have my fingers crossed.”

She stuck her tongue in the corner of her cheek, contemplating what to say next. What was okay to talk about and what wasn’t.

“I still think it would’ve been, like, really funny if we’d painted you naked and hung it in Raven’s house,” she deadpanned, fighting a laugh. “Picture her face, y’know, when she’d come home to her new house and girlfriend and perfect everything and then…” she had to laugh now, the sound light and airy as she poked at his (begrudgingly very muscled) shoulder. “And then there’s just you, in the nude, on her wall.”

Cori could in fact very well imagine the very expression that Raven would make, a mirror of the one she’d made whenever Cori was being decidedly menacing during their…whatever it had been. A mixture of cold annoyance and mild amusement, her fine features scrunching up.

“Where is this block party, anyways?” She asked, staring out the window at the winter-dead trees that lined the road.

“I hope they have booze. We’re taking shots.”

happier than ever

billie eilish

♡coded by uxie♡

Raven Rivera

• mood

i really don’t know.

It was evident that Raven would do almost anything– for AJ. Everyone had a soft spot for someone in their lives and Alaska was Raven’s.

Every disagreement, every choice and every argument they’d had… she found herself questioning her own judgment every time. Raven was a very opinionated woman who always dared to defy anyone who disagreed– It’s just who she was.

Alaska could look at her and Raven would cave in an instant.

She hated that.

"You're cute when you're bossy. Are you afraid the neighbors are going to bite?"

A small moment of silence passed and the doorbell rang again.

“... Yes.”

Her girlfriend laughed and it sparked an amused glint in Raven’s eye. “With their 401k plans and accountants…” She placed a hand under her jaw and Alaska swatted it away, sliding off the counter and placing a kiss against her cheek for a half-assed apology that had Raven rolling her eyes in defeat.

The front door swung open to reveal Scott and only a clenched jaw showed her distaste.

She didn’t like her neighbors.

Raven made up her mind within minutes of meeting them– which was unlike her but many things that were occurring were unlike Raven.

It was like the older she’d gotten, the craving of social scenes had just diminished. She thrived in settings like that. Raven was charismatic, witty, and complemented her peers with a lovable (debatable) sarcasm she wore like an accessory.

She knew she wasn’t old.

But god, Raven just felt tired, boring and bitter and she wasn’t a good enough actor to pretend like she didn’t.

“Hey, Scott.” She said only mildly disinterested, a two fingered salute given his way.

Raven made herself busy by picking up the journal that they’d forgotten about moments earlier in their heated interaction. “Tonto del culo,” she insulted the older man under her breath as her girlfriend and neighbor conversed.

Scott was… in Raven’s eyes; a tool.

An egotistical, cliche and privileged man who lived to tell you what you were doing wrong. Whether it’d be watering the azalea bushes outside or mowing a lawn– Raven hasn’t done either but somehow it annoyed her more when he offered to do it for them.

“We'll see you at the block party later, yeah?" AJ moved into the kitchen to grab the plate he asked for and Raven turned to face away from the door.

A hand gesture across her neck was made to further her point as she shook her head. “AJ–” Alaska didn’t take her hint and spun around, Raven plastering a smile on her lips when she met eyes with Scott.

AJ’s voice dripped with excitement and positivity which had Raven feel the exact opposite; the words “Of course!” rang in her ears. Scott seemed ecstatic with the news, giving AJ a small nod and meeting eyes with Raven.

Of course he couldn’t just leave.

“Oh— before I forget. It’s garbage night.”

“You’d know all about that, wouldn’t you?”

He was none the wiser.

“Huh?”

She smiled. “Nothing. I’ll make sure to–”

“Not forget this time?” He laughed and Raven’s features twitched ever so slightly, her forced smile diminishing enough for him to mutter a goodbye and a thank you to AJ for the plate.

Her girlfriend whirled around with a hint of a smile on her face. "What is wrong with you?" AJ said, clearly amused at the situation while Raven had a hard time ignoring the irritation burning in her chest. Her anger became a muted undertone now that the man who induced it was gone.

“Of course we’ll be there!” She repeated several octaves higher. A half-grin appeared onto her lips. “Spending the night with Scott and scotts-alike doesn’t sound like the best way to spend a Friday.”

Raven was selfish.

She became selfish in the last few years– but more so now that they’ve gotten their own place.

It was like they were in their personal bubble.

What was the point of putting themselves in the eye of everyone else when they didn’t matter?

She had the people she cared about already. Raven had her friends. Her girlfriend. That’s all she needed.

Alaska was intent on making first impressions and new friends— and the ex-journalist couldn’t understand why.

But she tried to.

Beyond the fact they were forcing each other into these molds of a perfect suburban life— beside the feeling that told Raven most of this was too good to be true and minus the way she felt like her home wasn’t really hers.

It didn’t matter.

It didn’t matter because in more ways than one Alaska was Raven’s home.

So she’d try.

If you told her that five years ago she’d laugh in your face and ask why you would use one of the cheesiest comparisons in the world.

The truth was; Raven didn’t believe she was able to have a happily ever after.

It just didn’t seem like it was in the cards for her.

“And I have work. I wish you didn’t tell them we’d be over because I’m supposed to be at the station at three o'clock in the morning.”

But here it was; the happily ever after all splayed out for her and the girl she loved looking back at her with eyes that only made her feel more vulnerable than secure.

“But… we’ll go for a few hours.”

As per usual… she caved.
__

And she hated it.

Music blared from a stereo the Bensons had borrowed from the elderly couple across the street. Old pop music tortured Raven’s ears while her neighbors seemed to be thriving in the musical bliss that was Katy Perry.

Conversations and screaming children threatened to ruin the facade that was the happy neighbor Raven wore like a mask. The cold beer in her hands only reminded her that she wanted something stronger.

An index finger tapped against the green glass and she roamed the block. Passing by Scott who offered a smile as he flipped another burger on the barbeque pit while he made conversation with another middle-aged man Raven didn’t bother to remember his name.

By now it was already dark and they’d spent a little over an hour here. She lost track of Alaska only twenty minutes after they arrived but Raven couldn’t stick to her the entire night or else she’d ask what was wrong.

She didn’t really have an answer, so Raven pretended to mingle.

She’d gotten many compliments about her “wife” and her cooking (she didn’t correct them) and how nice it was for them to attend. Their smiles said “welcome to the neighborhood!” but their eyes that lingered on her tattoos and piercings were filled with questions they didn’t have the guts to ask.

You could only aimlessly say hellos and wander around the block for a while until someone wanted a genuine conversation with you.

And with her luck. It was only normal that it was Laurel who called out her name.

“Could you give me a hand?” The brunette asked as she walked inside the two-story house beside her own.

Laurel was Scott’s wife.

She didn’t know much about her other than that she was related to Camille in some way. The girl who owned Peach’s diner in town.

“Uh, yeah, sure.” Raven followed inside and the decor of the Vega-Bensons house was exactly what she expected it would be. Family photos filled almost every inch of the place. There were toys scattered everywhere and a “live, laugh, love” pillow that sat in the middle of the living room, taunting anyone who walked through the front door.

The tiny chandelier gave an effortless glow around the place and Raven could see small specks of dust floating around.

The place wasn’t a mess.

It was just lived in.

“Just in here.”

She followed Laurel into the kitchen and placed the beer onto the kitchen counter while the older woman rifled through her cabinets for a stack of paper plates, pre-folded napkins and red solo cups that reminded Raven of a party in high school where she drank a little too much and wound up kissing her high school sweetheart for the first time.

“So, how are you liking it here so far?”

“It’s… nice.” Raven replied, taking the plates from Laurel.

“You used to babysit my nephew, no?”

“Uh…” Raven blanked while Laurel pulled out something from the refrigerator “Seth.” She finished, placing the pastry box on the marble counter and opened it. Revealing mousse that resembled small mouses.

Laurel used a knife to separate a piece and gestured towards one of the plates Raven was holding and she gave her one. “Yes, yeah, I did.” Her neighbor’s subtle reminder was all that she needed. “He was a good kid.”

“Still is.” Laurel said, licking excess chocolate from her thumb and Raven began to wonder if this was a two-person job at all.

“Sit, please.” The brunette gestured towards the stools that had sewn-in faux diamonds that were beginning to fall apart. She only imagined it was because of her kids.

“Shouldn’t we…” Raven gestured towards the front door with the plates in hand.

“They can manage without us… and a few plates for a little.” She offered a smile and Raven struggled to return it. Her eyebrow quirked up, taking a seat and putting the plates down while Laurel had carefully placed another cake on top of one.

“You’re not a very good liar, you know.”

“I’m sorry?” Raven asked as if she misheard her.

Laurel took a bite of the mousse cake, the mouse missing an ear because of it. “Don’t get me wrong,” Her neighbor covered her mouth as she spoke. “You’re intimidating, this whole…” A hand gestured towards Raven’s appearance and Laurel gestured to her own nose for the septum piercing Raven got when she was seventeen.

“Thing you’ve got going on. Maybe you could fool them…”

“I don’t think I’m fooling anyone,” Raven chuckled, taking a plastic fork and picking at the cake Laurel had set out for her. A genuine curiosity caused her eyes to narrow.

“I haven’t lied about anything. I do like it here.”

What was she getting at?

“You and your wife,”

“Girlfriend,” Raven corrected for the first time tonight.

“Sorry. Girlfriend move in, she’s up and down, making introductions and dishes, you’re there but as quiet as a mouse— avoid the neighbors, throw stink eyes to my husband and—“

Raven placed the fork down and sighed.

“... Okay, look–”

“No, he fully deserves it. Trust me. I love him but sometimes he can be…” A pitter-patter of tiny footsteps ran into the house and Laurel lowered her voice.

“A dick.”

What was this? An interrogation? Is this what suburban mothers were? Smiles and perfect housewives and once they got you alone, their true colors were like piranhas playing twenty-one questions?

“I’m just…” Laurel paused and Raven studied her. The way her eyes darted up to the ceiling was like she was trying to come up with a word that wouldn’t offend her.

Laurel seemed like a woman who was struggling to fit in with her younger peers. Hence the Katy Perry songs and inviting a bunch of people she surpassed in age. Maybe befriending Raven was a weird result of a midlife crisis.

“I get it.”

What?

“What?”

“A few years ago, I was engaged—“

“Oh, really?” Raven said, amused. “I wouldn’t have guessed.” Laurel’s blank stare had silenced Raven long enough for her to continue.

“It was all falling into place. We got this… amazing, beautiful house, planning our lives together and… I should’ve been ecstatic but I wasn’t.”

She was trying to relate to her.

“I was just overwhelmed. I had so many changes in such little time– my sister got arrested and I was in the middle of fighting my own mother for custody of my nephew. I had this perfect man who told me that no matter what, it’d end up okay.” A guilt began to settle in her stomach– but just because Scott wasn't a douchebag to his wife didn’t mean he wasn’t one in general.

“Just taking a guess here, but did everything work out?” Raven’s sarcasm was her way of asking if she was in-fact happy. Maybe she pegged them wrong. That their picture perfect life was only for show and Raven had done exactly what they wanted her to.

“I cheated on him.”

Picture perfect family shattered.

“... okay?” Raven wasn’t sure what Laurel expected her to say. It wasn’t every day a woman you barely know admits to cheating on her husband. “And I married Scott because of it, so I don’t regret it.”

Laurel was engaged to someone who wasn’t Scott. She wasn’t surprised, but—

“I’m… really struggling to see the point you’re trying to make here.”

“I didn’t let someone I should’ve loved stand in the way of the happiness I wanted.” Raven opened her mouth to argue and another set of footsteps followed a smaller into the house and familiar laughter was heard.

She turned slightly in her chair to witness her girlfriend talking to Laurel’s son in the foyer. Alaska bent down to meet the eyes of Laurel’s four year old boy, Oliver. “Hey, lil’ man.” The way her dark hair framed her face and his fit of giggles had Raven’s gaze lingering on the pair longer than she should’ve.

There was an indescribable knot in her chest, filled with feelings she couldn’t discern— but a warmth surrounded them.

Her defensive demeanor gave way as if Laurel wasn’t there at all.

Raven had no idea what the kid was saying but the genuine happiness he was emanating was enough to place the faintest smile on her lips. The front door creaked open behind AJ and Scott made his way into the kitchen to exchange conversation with his wife.

It was fairly loud in the kitchen and the faint sound of music was heard but everything was white noise compared to girlfriend’s soft voice and a smile that could only be classified as deafening how entranced Raven was by it.

The kid ran off upstairs and she wondered how someone so small could climb stairs so quickly.

AJ met eyes with her and Raven’s heart lurched. ‘I love you,’ she mouthed.

“So, how are you two enjoying it here?” Scott asked as he turned on the sink, rinsing his hands. Alaska made her way into the kitchen beside her which had Raven wrapping an arm around her waist.

“I’m… pretty happy,” She said, her words and gaze directed at Laurel who only smiled in return.

“I mean, no complaints. It’s nice… quiet enough.” Raven continued.

“Hah, just wait till you have kids. Quiet is a rarity these days, right Lori?”

“Yeah, you never shut up.” She teased, he laughed, wiping his hands with a towel and gently swatted her with it.

“Have you two talked about it? Kids?”

Not a lot.

Raven usually shut down the conversation before it'd gotten too far because dreaming up a reality that might not happen just seemed too childish for her tastes.

There were ways though. She wasn’t stupid.

It was just easier to act like she was out of options because it hurt less… in some weird, fucked up way it hurt less.

“Yeah.” Raven said. “It’s just… something for the future, you know?” She looked up at Alaska for subtle confirmation.

“That’s what we said, too. But after Laurel lost custody of Seth we thought it was a good idea to start fostering. Help out some kids in some unfortunate situations since…”

“Cami’s actually doing a really good job raising him.” Raven stated defensively. Scott begrudgingly nodded along, looking over at Laurel who seemed to ignore her words.

“That’s good. I’m glad to hear they’re getting by after Peach died. I wouldn’t have wanted him to go into the system… I hear a lot of horror stories.”

“Yeah.”

She avoided telling them she had personal experience. If her grandmother didn’t step in when she did– Raven probably would’ve turned out a lot different.

“We just fell in love with Ollie, as soon as I saw ‘em, hearing him laugh, the way he called me dad for the first time… I just knew I was meant to be his father… or a father in general, I guess.” He laughed.

“Though, it’s not an easy thing.” Laurel said.

Three kids under five.

He might’ve been a dick, she might’ve been nosy but Raven might’ve respected them for actually wanting to be parents.

Not a lot did and not many stepped up.

“However you two decide to go through with it… IVF, adoption, it’s…” Laurel started and was interrupted by a crying baby that sounded like it was coming from upstairs. Scott muttered an “I got it.” and he left the girls together.

“It’s hard. Being a parent is hard.”

Raven knew that all too well and she wasn’t even a mother— the bare minimum was hard for her parents.

She wondered what she would’ve grown up like if she had a mother and father like Scott and Laurel.

She wondered what AJ would’ve been like had her parents been less neglectful— they were there but not in the ways that mattered.

Raven & AJ grew up very differently. Both resented their parents for different reasons but at least her girlfriend had something to show for it.

Alaska had brothers, money, fame.

Raven had… a necklace.

They were two sides of the same coin. Same hurt but different circumstances.

Would that make them better or worse parents?

“I could imagine.”

And the thought alone was fucking terrifying.

Sex, drugs, etc.

Beach Weather

♡coded by uxie♡

Esper Torres

filler

• Sitting crosslegged in front of the full length mirror propped up against the corner of her room, Esper got to work doing her simple daily makeup look. She'd just finished doing a home workout in the living room, having started it hoping she would be able to burn off some of her nervous energy by doing it. No dice. At least she had some endorphins running through her body now, that probably helps a little.

She glanced around her room in the mirror, scanning the posters that she'd put up in junior high, the jewelry still sitting on her dresser, even the clothes in her closet were largely untouched. She'd been getting dressed out of her suit case that was sitting in the middle of the room. Behind her was also the unmade bed she'd just gotten out of that morning. Sleeping in her childhood bed felt weird, but she thought it would've felt weirder to sleep in the master bedroom that had belonged to her mother.

It still felt like her room, being in it without her still felt like trespassing like when she was a little kid sneaking in to make potions out of her mom's hair products and makeup.

It was easier to keep sleeping in the bedroom she had left nearly ten years ago. It was weird, almost like a regression. She'd been trying to keep herself mindful of not slipping back too deep into any old memories, good or bad. "There's a no in nostalgia." as her mother used to say.

As she swept the blush brush over her cheek, depositing the pink product across her skin and mending it to the foundation she had already applied, a part of her wondered exactly what she was getting dressed up for. She'd heard of a block party and an open mic in the town tonight, there was of course always the option of her finding something to do on her own.

All she knew was that she needed to get out of the house, in the nearly four months she'd been spending probably seventy percent of her time in the basement trying to sort through the various items her mom had now left behind to her. It wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't discovered so many of things from her own past among the collection.

She was overdue for a night out, even if it was just a few hours at a random gathering or listening to people trying their hand at croaking out a song or reading a poem about their daddy issues.

Come to think of it, she could probably go toe to toe with some of those 'poets' with the diary she'd found containing her artistic endeavors from her senior year. Though that was all hypothetical, she hadn't actually braved the pages within the navy colored, college ruled, spiral notebook that she used to tote around the halls of Ocean Ridge High.

Cracking it open and reliving her mental state from those days felt a bit like playing with fire, perhaps it was best to leave it as is. To say 'no.'

She closed her blush compact and dropped it back in her makeup bag, reaching in after to dig out a mascara and a tinted lip balm. She screwed open the mascara, lips parting slightly for no reason like always as she leaned in closer to the mirror and swiped the brush over her lashes that she had used a curler on moments ago.

Once both eyes had had their lashes covered she replaced the top of the product's tube and dropped it back into the bag like she had the blush. Fanning the wet mascara on her eyes with her hands. Once it seemed dry enough to not worry about she moved to the tinted lip balm, applying it and watching the slight red hue appear on her lips. Pressing them together to evenly distribute the product.

Where ever Esper ended up tonight at least she would look good. Although 'good enough' felt like a more appropriate descriptor, and even that felt a little like a stretch sometimes. It had been quite sometime since she had looked herself straight in the mirror and genuinely thought she looked pretty, though that was not to say she thought she looked ugly by any means. Her relationship with her physical presence wasn't exactly negative, more so just not positive. Though there were the days when she wished that she took up no physical space at all. Thankfully those were slowly growing fewer and further between each one.

Dragging her mind back to the present task she shifted her feet beneath her and rose up to stand, her knees creaking slightly as she did, and she turned away from the mirror to leave the room. Lifting her phone from the dresser by the door as she went.

Among them was little No-Name, the brown tabby cat that she'd seen multiple days in a row sitting out on the driveway. It seemed that her mother had been feeding the stray and her sudden passing left the little guy confused and likely hungry. Esper fell in love with the lonesome feline and took him in during the past week. He settled in almost right away, though he had yet to be given a proper name. Thankfully it's not like there's a time limit on naming your cat. Though she was beginning to narrow it down to a few front runners.

He ran after a small stuffed mouse toy as she kicked it down the hall with her foot, tail whipping behind him as he pounced on it. Esper strolled past him as he wrestled the toy and she entered the living room where the leftover items from her morning workout still remained, scrolling her phone and considering what she'd be getting up to that day, but even if she ended up staying home at least she wouldn't be lonely with No-Name around.

content filler area (ignore!)

♡design by yourlocal-eboyy, coded by uxie♡

coded by sugarnaut
P
heobe Evans

Pheobe hummed, tunelessly, along with the radio as she raced down the interstate. The music nicely prolonged the mindless state from her run. She'd only managed to start going through some of her mother’s paperwork this morning before she had to get out and so went for a run in the hills. Three hours of pounding the trails later she felt nicely tired and on her way back to Ocean Ridge. The sheen of sweat created by her exercise had already been wicked away by the chill breeze that ripped through the windows of her mustang as it charged homewards.

Heading down the road she let her mind wander back to her return to the US. She had barely had time to step off the plane before her old commanding officer intercepted her to give her the news. They hadn’t wanted to give it to her earlier in case it hurt her performance in the field. She immediately tried to hide out with some friends to pretend it never happened but that lasted all of 3 days before they kicked her out to force her to return. Even with that motivation it took her another week to finally make her way back to Ocean Ridge. She was lucky though, she’d been given a period of absence for as long as it took for her to sort out her mother’s estate. Though if the best she could manage was in tiny morning chunks then she would probably be fired long before she actually finished. She couldn’t help herself shaking her head at the ridiculousness of it, how terrified she was of the house.

Lost in her thoughts she almost missed her turning but with a very aggressive turn and a small amount of tire screech she threw the heavy car round the corner and down the correct road. As the surroundings began to get more and more familiar the sense of dread grew in her stomach so when she caught sight of the frontage of Peaches diner she decided that she could really do with a snack before heading back.

Phoebe pulled into the car park next to the diner, pulling on a red checkered flannel to cover her bare arms though leaving it open at the front. She stepped out of the car into the fading sun and gave a low whistle at the car sitting right next to the diner’s entrance. Ocean Ridge has some affluent neighborhoods but seeing a supercar just casually parked outside of Peaches’ was still something to be seen. She strolled up to the entrance and pushed the door open, basking in the wave of heat that rolled through, before heading over the counter to take up a leaning position. A quick sweep of the diner showed that it was surprisingly busy for this time in the afternoon. Her sweep also revealed the lady dressed in expensive clothes also up at the counter, a glance showed that the waitress was currently busy so, deciding to kill time, Pheobe slid up next to the lady. “Hi, I don’t suppose that’s your bull outside” back in familiar territory she easily slid back into her mother’s southern drawl that defined her childhood.

Xed Xed KingofAesir KingofAesir

Do anything to succeed,

learn how to live with it later.

coded by sugarnaut

Emilia Campbell

The diner had no business being this busy, certainly not this slow. Wasn't the whole town supposed to be at some block party or something? That's what she had seen on twitter. One of the waitresses had nodded in acknowledgement of her request but she certainly wasn't moving like she had understood her request. Fuck she hated this. Why did even getting a simple drink have to be so damn difficult? She glanced at her watch, then the door and the waitress who seemed to be taking her sweet time putting it together. She just wanted to get her drink and get back out of here, before anyone she knew walked in through the door or recognised her. Better yet she wanted to return to New York, return to her life before her fucking screw up. Not that her son was a screw up, he wasn't but he was, she never wanted him she just - fuck she was sounding more and more like the people she had the misfortune of calling her parents. She didn't want to be that to Owen but she just - she shouldn't even be Owen's mother, that should have been - forget it. This was plain ridiculous, the way her mind was spiraling out of control just because she had come back to town. And she hadn't even run into anyone yet.

"Hi," Em nearly jumped. "I don't suppose that's your bull outside." She didn't recognise the brunette with short, cropped hair swept into a side part or her voice with its southern accent. A stranger. Relief filled her. Still she couldn't help but be wary about why she was asking. Was it simply because the sight of a lamborghini in this small town fascinated her? Or was it because she had seen Owen?

"Your free to suppose as you wish." She replied calmly as she glanced over at the waitress. Her incompetence was astounding and really starting to grate on Em's nerves. Then again, she expected nothing less from this town. Coming here to rest? Her doctor was an idiot. The only thing this place was going to give her was stress.

"Excuse me." She called out to the waitress. "Can you please hurry up."

She really didn't want to stay here any longer than necessary.

mood
I didn't realise cold brews were so astoundingly difficult to make that they take forever.

nice and simple
https://www.theplace2.ru/cache/arch...-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

playing...
nil

by nil​

mentions
nil

interactions
Pheobe Evans

tags
Scavenger Scavenger

º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back