• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Music OC Music Theme

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo!

So, I came up with a story concept a whopping 12 years ago, and have spent the last 8 years learning to compose orchestral music. And it took me until just recently, at the beginning of February, to come up with a musical theme for the main character of that story. And at last, after about a month of work and polish, his theme is finally done!

Below is my personal theme for the Red-Eyed Demon, the main character of my (hopefully) soon-to-be-written and (again, hopefully, within the next two-ish years) published story of "Assassin's Pledge."

With his body serving as host to a Demonic spirit, his eyes emit an otherworldly crimson glow which he is now famous for. Raised since childhood in a hellishly brutal world of assassins the theme reflects the twisted nature of the character with emotions jumping from lows to highs and everything in between. Brief moments of hope are bordered by harsh moments of hate and malice, followed by moments of drawn out sorrow and silent reflection. He has been indoctrinated, tortured, and in every way broken time and time again until he became the ultimate human weapon (and slave to the Grandmaster of Te'i Sai, the assassin organization which raised him). Known for his brutality and efficiency, he's become the most widely feared assassin in this story world.

Following a fated meeting with one who is his polar opposite, the question now asked is... Will the light buried deep within his heart (a relic from a time before this nightmarish existence was forced upon him) at last be set free to shine, or will the thread keeping that light alive snap and ensure his existence remains shrouded in eternal darkness?

Any comments and/or critiques are welcome!

I hope you enjoy!

Wow! I love how the composition takes you through several... I wanna call em chapters? while keeping that descending motif at its heart. I'm getting everything from violent frenzy to slow melancholy, while the motif keeps it cohesive. The delicate soaring intro which plunged into the warlike second passage... and then the tense and melancholic third passage (that quiet percussion in the background like a heartbeat) blooms into what I wanna call the Spooky Space Part (unearthly and discordant), then that delicate piano brings us down into that sparse bit with the brass and the haunting choir. Then a more composed warbeat starts and takes us back into the violence underpinning this characters life! Ooh and I love how in this last part every section gets its own little quote in turn—the spooky choir, the sad strings, etc... A unification of the whole. You've taken me on a journey here.
I appreciate the context you gave on the character, too! It's really hard to expand on a story through music, but you've accomplished it.

If I may ask the obligatory question you're probably tired of hearing—what software did you compose this in?

Wow! I love how the composition takes you through several... I wanna call em chapters? while keeping that descending motif at its heart. I'm getting everything from violent frenzy to slow melancholy, while the motif keeps it cohesive. The delicate soaring intro which plunged into the warlike second passage... and then the tense and melancholic third passage (that quiet percussion in the background like a heartbeat) blooms into what I wanna call the Spooky Space Part (unearthly and discordant), then that delicate piano brings us down into that sparse bit with the brass and the haunting choir. Then a more composed warbeat starts and takes us back into the violence underpinning this characters life! Ooh and I love how in this last part every section gets its own little quote in turn—the spooky choir, the sad strings, etc... A unification of the whole. You've taken me on a journey here.
I appreciate the context you gave on the character, too! It's really hard to expand on a story through music, but you've accomplished it.

If I may ask the obligatory question you're probably tired of hearing—what software did you compose this in?

Hoyo!

Thanks so much for the kind words! It's nice to know the journey was felt!

As for what software I use, literally nobody has ever asked me that question. Lol.

I compose using the FL Studio 20 Digital Audio Workstation, and use a combination of EastWest Diamond orchestral libraries, Kontakt Complete libraries (mostly to add some richness to the percussion and sometimes some synth doublings for texture) and the Metropolis ARK orchestral libraries.

Last edited:
Oh nice! FL's my DAW of choice too :V though I don't mess with orchestral stuff as much myself... I'm a compositional noob and orchestras intimidate me lol.... thanks for mentioning ur sample libraries too though 👀 that was gonna be a second question, I might have to nab those myself ;v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back