OC ; LUKA VAN LAREN || Feedback Appreciated

mulled

Rad & Fab
6e692e62a224f537ad23c48c413faac2.jpg

Name: Luka Van Laren
Race: Caucasian
Appearance: Luka is asked almost everyday if he's feeling ill; with his immense height, thin frame, and sickly pale skin. But every other feature is perfectly normal; his creased brow and jutting chin give him a Tumblr Boy vibe that can't be ignored. His eyes are dark brown and almost always seem to be in a squint. He has coarse, brown, shoulder-length hair - when was the last time he brushed it? His outfits typically consist of leather mixed with denim and tailoring, and he's hardly ever seen without a pair of sunglasses, even at night; sort of a washed-up rockstar kind of look. Items in his closet include a leather jacket, lots of cotton, faded denim, and chunky boots.
Personality/Hobbies: Luke (don't call him 'Luke' if you want to keep your teeth) is an eighteen-year-old boy, hailing from Seattle; he's not too bright, though surprisingly philosophical, and hardly ever taken seriously. He had it rough when he was growing up, but it could've been a lot worse; and alcoholic dad and absent mother seemed like nothing compared to what other people went through. In all honesty, Luka feels lucky - he's alive. He has two younger sisters - a set of twins, ten years old; he's very close with the girls, and he'd do anything for them. He's the one who cooks their food, does their laundry. He helps them get ready in the morning and is often late to school because of it. Luka is a fairly simple person, not the sharpest knife in the drawer - but he's a likeable guy. He's very friendly, and it's unlikely for you to see him without a smile; it's amazing that he lives the way he does and is still such a positive person. He's a good friend; supportive, kind, and honest. He also sucks at math, shops exclusively at thrift stores, and is high 90% of the time (though he would never smoke in front of the girls). Even though he's a genuinely good guy, he has come to terms with the fact that no one will ever take him seriously; he is, after all, just a loser. With his poor grades and even worse attitude, he doesn't know why he bothers to stay in school - it's not like he's gonna get anywhere. He does have an active mind, though, as he is constantly contemplating life and its adversities; is there a god, why did people get dealt such shitty hands in life, how can you achieve happiness, is that even possible..? When he's driving around town, delivering pizzas, he often gets lost in his thoughts. He can be seen riding his skateboard around town, usually at odd hours of the night. He likes getting lost. He just wishes he never found his way back.

Well, that's Luka! I absolutely adore him, and I hope you do too. Feedback is always welcome!

He's the sort of character that nobody expects to have these levels of depth.
I know a person like this in real life, however he is quite different from Luka.
I'm surprised that you managed to represent him well with such a short amount of words, although...
Something does feel missing.
I can tell he's probably depressed because he contemplates all the tricky questions about life
But I don't see any breakdowns mentioned in the personality.

On a side note
Are you a victim of abuse?

He's the sort of character that nobody expects to have these levels of depth.
I know a person like this in real life, however he is quite different from Luka.
I'm surprised that you managed to represent him well with such a short amount of words, although...
Something does feel missing.
I can tell he's probably depressed because he contemplates all the tricky questions about life
But I don't see any breakdowns mentioned in the personality.

On a side note
Are you a victim of abuse?
I mean, that's not something I'd really like to discuss over a public forum. You could PM me, though, if you're really curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back