• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom • d r a r r y || c l o s e d •

adrianna

Y6zORWkg4efB2w2-KWwzG7NiFW9GCa7oCcOaKijtQVJMaNk6xatJJCeVhpyjNMK-DMW7qlne5JUqf6zeEwWDL8o7G7JelrBuBpu-U4t9BVbOpFfxDOw9vKKlWbOJyU-fMXnmKgwXGHYAPg4TqXlakEWq07A=w500-h256-nc

[[ closed to @adrianna and @Catastrophic ]]

It was a cold winter, yet everything seemed more or less pleasant around Malfoy Manor. The war was over. There were no more threats. 

Or so Draco thought. 

Like a few of the other students in his year, he hadn't returned to Hogwarts for his seventh year. This allowed him to stay home more often, and spend more time with his parents as they tried to adjust into a society that only saw them as ex death eaters. He was no different, even if he was trying hard to reshape that image. 

And now would be his chance. After overhearing his father and mother talking one day, he discovered that things might not be over. Not entirely. No, things were only cooling off so the darkness could seep back in with twice as much power than before. And Draco was determined to stop it, which was the only reason he found himself leaving Malfoy Manor that particular morning in search of one Harry Potter. 

He had no idea where to find him since he wasn't exactly speaking to many of the students from his year. He didn't blame them either, but this was a chance to change things. 

Hopefully. 

giphy.gif

Harry couldn't help but grin as he watched his two best friends walking ahead of him, hand in hand.

It was nice to see some sort of happiness and hope coming from all the destruction and sadness that the war had brought to them and their friends and families.

He was just trailing behind, he didn't want to be an awkward third wheel, when they had bumped into the Weasleys in Diagon Alley, Hermione had gone straight to Ron, leaving him to himself, not that that was entirely a bad thing.

It was as he was walking behind them, that another figure caught his eye and he tilted his head curiously as he made eye contact with his nemesis...well old nemesis from across the street.

With slight hesitation, he walked over and greeted the boy politely

"Draco"

Draco was glad to have found Harry in Diagonal Alley. In all honesty, he hadn't expected to. He didn't really know where to go but seeing as how most of the time, Draco met him there, it was a good place as any to start. 

And sure enough, he had been there, with his friends no less. He wasn't concerned about them though. He was focused on Harry. He needed to show him that he meant no harm. Not anymore. What he had done in the past... He had just been a stupid kid. Now he just wanted to help, and he couldn't afford to see them all go through another war. 

If it came down to that. 

"Harry," he breathed as he watched the green eyed male walk over to him. He glanced around as if he was afraid that someone was watching. 

"I need to talk to you about something. Alone, preferably," he murmured, glancing at his friends. He knew he probably wouldn't want to be taken away from them, but he knew that his friends might just look at him with distaste and he really wanted to tell Harry what he had overheard. 

Harry frowned slightly as he listened to Draco, any other day he probably would have walked away, and ignored what the boy had to say, but times were different and it was all about new starts.

He glanced back at his friends 

"Okay, lead the way. They won't miss me" He said as he turned back to the blonde haired boy.

Once they were in a slightly more secluded and private place, he crossed his arms as he looked at Draco

"So, what was so important that you couldnt wait till school to tell me?" He demanded, slightly nervous about any news that Draco had for him, he doubted anything  good could come from the Malfoy family

Draco was glad when they were out of the public eye. If anything, other people would just see it as suspicious if they saw Draco out with Harry in Diagon Alley as if they were best friends, which everyone knew they weren't. Still, Draco didn't want it to remain that way forever. 

"I know a lot has happened... And a lot of people were lost," he said slowly as he recounted the day the war took place. The day they had thought they were victorious. "But I don't think this is over yet." 

He he bit down on his lip because it pained him to admit that there was still more to the story. More to be done until this was all to be over for good. 

"I overheard my parents talking. They're not in on it," he assured the other male before he could say anything. "But they still have connections, and they were close to him," he said, because he couldn't utter Voldemort's name. "I think there's one more horcrux." 

"A lot of good people were lost, yes" He said with a small sigh as he looked at Draco, remembering all the horrible losses people had to endure, his mind quickly flitting to his godson, Teddy, before he shook his head and tried to focus more on what Draco was telling him. 

"Voldemort is dead Draco. He's dead" he said firmly, unlike the blonde, he was sure that the evil wizard was dead, but also unlike Draco, he wasn't scared of saying his name.

"What sort of horcruz? Any idea where?" He asked curiously, despite the fact he thought this was all ludicrous, there was no way this could all be happening for a second time.

There was still no harm in knowing what the Malfoys were talking about, more importantly what supporters of Voldemort when he was alive were talking about.

"I don't know," Draco murmured as he listened to the other boy speak. He knew anyone he told this to would think it was a ploy, or some sort of trap. Or maybe even some cruel joke. From Draco Malfoy, that wouldn't be surprising. 

But out he was genuinely worried, and this much was evident in his expression. 

"I don't know what it is or where it is, but I know that this isn't over yet," he told the other male adamantly. He he

ad heard his parents, and they had been stubborn. They had refused to answer his questions on the matter and they seemed more distant lately. Something was definitely up.

"Look, it's worth looking into, isn't it?" He said to Harry, leaning against the brick wall behind him. "If there's something, we can end it before it even starts."

Harry could think of numerous reasons why he shouldn't believe Draco and the information he was getting now, all reasons he would undoubtedly hear from Hermione and Ron as soon as he met back up with them.

"You're right. It's definitely worth looking into..." He said with a small nod, running a hand through his hair, making it even messier than it had been before his hand had interfered.

"Okay, well I guess I will see you at school, we will have time to talk more about this then. See what more you can find out" Harry said, glancing along the alley, knowing he really should get back to his friends.

"It was nice seeing you though Draco." Harty added as he slowly tried to wrap up the unsolved business for nice.

Draco knew that Harry would definitely tell his friends but now he didn't mind. He hadn't been able to say it to him in front of them was all. Had they been around, he would have choked or been encouraged to just leave. They didn't like him, that was no surprise, so he didn't doubt that they would try to convince Harry that all he was talking about was bullshit. 

So, he nodded at Harry's words. School. He wondered how things would go there. It wasn't going to be pleasant at all, but he would just see what he could find out until then. He was the only one that could after all. 

"Nice seeing you too, Harry," he said in a rather formal tone because he was new to this. Being nice to Harry. "And thank you. For hearing me out." He added on because it meant a great deal to him. Probably more than the other male realised. 

More than Draco himself realised, and he didn't really know why. 

Harry just nodded as Draco thanked him, it was kind of sad really, at how much the boys seemed to be against each other, despite the fact that they weren't all that different from each other.

But with that he turned on his heel and headed out of the alley, and walked through Diagon Alley, keeping an eye out for his two friends, eventually finding them and he walked over, rolling his eyes at the overly concerned expression on one of his best friend's face, she was incredibly bright, but she just worried far too much.

"Sorry that took so long, what did I miss?" He asked with his usual boyish grin and charm, that he had inherited from his father, and was always told that was one of the things that  made him so like his father

He was trying to distract from the fact he and just had a conversation with Draco that hadn't ended in a brawl and he just hoped he would succeed

Draco had left Harry to be sith his friends. Draco doubted he would ever be included in such a circle but he didn't mind. As long as eventually him and his family were seen in a different light, he would be able to live with the fact that he hadn't had the best friends ever. But he would have done something good, helpful, and that made all the difference to him. 

He had headed straight back home, feeling some weight lift off of his shoulders. It felt good to tell someone what he had hesrd and he knew there would be more. He had to be careful so he could try and get more out of his parents while he was at home. 

It would be hard but he had to do it. He had to show them what he was capable of. 

He had to make a difference.

His parents hadn't asked where he went and Draco was glad. If they didn't suspect him, it would make this easier. Now all that was left was to wait to get to school.

Harry was more than looking forward to getting back to school. Hogwarts was his home, and it would always remain that way. It was the place that he had always felt safest in so of course he was happy when he boarded the train at platform 9 3/4, his luggage and robe in hand.

He made his way down the train corridor, trying to either find an empty carriage, or one which his friends were in but he seemed to be having no such luck.

Eventually he came across at carriage that he figured he could cope with, it only had one passenger in it and he slid open the carriage door and addressed the blonde haired boy.

"All the carriages seem to be full. Mind if I share with you?" 

The green-eyed boy kept his gaze firmly and confidently fixed on Draco as he waited for an answer. 

He wasn't too fazed by asking to share with the Slytherin boy, he was more concerned about any other Slyrherin members that could end up joining them.

Draco hadn't given him any means to be hostile, in fact quite the opposite of recently, he mused as he thought back to their meeting in Diagon Alley

Draco was in the train early as usual. He had picked up on a few more things from his parents since his meeting with Harry but now would be the first time he was seeing the other male since then. He didn't have much news but it was something, which could lead to something more. 

As he watched the green eyed male ask to sit in the same compartment, Draco nodded. "Feel free," he told the other male and scooted to the end of the seat, near the window, despite the cabin being empty. 

None of his friends from before would be joining him. No, they all had different views and Draco didn't really wish to be associated with them anymore. He was, for the moment, alone, and he had no issues with Harry anyway. 

"Will your friends not want to sit with you somewhere else?" He asked curiously as he watched the other male walk into the compartment. He doubted his friends would be very happy to find him sitting in there with a Slytherin, and Draco Malfoy no less.

Harry nodded his head gratefully and grinned as he was given permission to sit in the carriage, and he stepped inside, the carriage door sliding shut behind him as he set his stuff down and sat on the side opposite from Draco.

He was surprised to see Draco alone but he decided it wouldn't be wise to voice those thoughts, incase the Slytherin took offense by it.

He didn't know whether it was his choice to be alone or other people, and in a way it was really none of his business to know.

"I couldn't find them" he admitted truthfully before realising how that sounded, making it seem like the only reason he was here was because the carriages were all heaving, which was only one of the reasons.

"I'm more than happy to be here, in fact we probably need to talk more in private anyway" He said thinking about their conversation

Draco didn't mind if he was only there because the rest of the compsrtments were full or because he couldn't locate his friends. Draco knew he wasn't in that circle so he wasn't really at liberty to feel anything about that. 

He nodded when Harry brought up private conversations between them. He supposed it was beneficial that they were sharing a compartment. At lesst nobody else would listen in and it would be easier to speak to him this way. Without worrying what anyone else might think. 

Usually Draco didn't really care what others might have thought but now he did. The war had a big impact on him and he didn't want people to see him as what he used to be. 

"Have you heard any news about what we spoke about?" He asked the other male curiously as he leaned back in his seat. He wanted to know if there was other information about this spreading. If so, they needed to get all their facts straight.

Harry almost exhaled with relief as Draco nodded, he was glad that the other student wanted to continue their previous topic of conversation.

It was important. If Voldemort was really out there and alive, Harry had to know and he had to do something about it.

There couldn't be another war. That just wasn't an option for Harry, not after so many amazing people had died in the first one, so many people he had cared about had perished..

"No, I've heard nothing. Everybody thinks he's dead. Everybody thinks we're  safe" He answered Dracos question with a slight shake of his head, pushing his glasses up ever so slightly as he did so.

"Has there been any...developments on your side?" Harry asked wording everything carefully as he asked the question, almost hesitantly, he almost didn't want to know, he almost wanted to stay oblivious for as long as possible but he couldn't do that. 

He had a responsibility to defeat Voldemort for once and for all.

Draco wacthed Harry's movements slowly and carefully as if he was amused by everything he did. And in a way he was, though he dared not show how he wished he could smile whenever he saw the other male pushing his glasses up further on his nose to set them right. 

He had lost his train of thought so he had to clear his throat and recall what Harry had said before thinking back to what he had managed to find out since their last meeting. 

"Well all I found out is that there is a horcrux for sure," he explained with a tired sigh and looked down at his hands as they fiddled with the hem of his button down shirt. 

"And that nobody really knows where it's being kept. Or some do but my parents don't know which of them do," he added on. His parents, like him, were trying to solve this. To prove they wanted to do good.

"Apparently it'll be very hard to get. It's the last piece of his soul so i doubt it would be kept somewhere easily accessible," he said and rubbed the back of his neck. 

Harry's eyes flitted down to the movement made by Draco and he watched the boy fiddling with his shirts hem for a few seconds, only glancing away when Draco cleared his throat.

And Harry paid close attention to everything that Draco said he knew.

How could they have missed something so big as a final horcrux?

They had all thought it had been a win for them, and that everything would be perfect once again and he could only rub his hair with a sigh as he processed everything. 

A horcrux, which they had no clues about its whereabouts or what it was.

It was going to be impossible to find

And he eventually asked

"What do we do?"

Draco shrugged slightly and stopped fiddling with his sweater only to focus on the bright green gaze of the boy sitting across from him. He honestly didn't know what they could do without much more information on it. 

And he couldn't get it from home. Not anymore. Not until Christmas break at least but so much could happen in the months that led to that holiday. They couldn't afford to risk waiting that long. 

"Maybe when we get back we should try and see if there's a pattern with the other horcruxes," he suggested and glanced out the window as it started to drizzle slightly. 

"It might help us fighre out what the next one might be or at least where it might be." It was all they could really do at that point. They didn't even have Dumbledore to guide them anymore.

Harry watched Draco carefully as he fired questions at him, all of which he didn't even have any set answers for and he shrugged slightly. 

"The only pattern there really is, is that they all were of sentimental value to him" Harry answered with a small sigh "That could be anything really..."

"But we should definitely look into it more when we get back to school. But we have to keep it between the two of us, for now. I don't want to worry anybody, if this turns out not to be anything important"

Draco nodded. He hadn't really planned on telling anyone anyway. It didn't concern anyone other than Harry and maybe his friends too since they had helped him with it all. 

He hadn't really wanted Harry to worry about anything either but it was better to be safe than sorry. Draco would rather try to stop something if it was coming rather than act as if they had time to prepare for it when it finally came. 

He looked at the green eyed male across from him. 

"Have you told your friends?" He asked, knowing the other boy would understand just who he meant.

There was no malice in his voice. Just curiosity. They were his best friends. He wouldn't be surprised if he had told them. 

Harry glanced out of the window and with a small sigh watched all the countryside scenery whooshing by the train ass it sped  along the tracks towards Hogwarts. 

He glanced back across at the blonde wizard as Draco started to speak again and he shook his head slowly 

"No, I haven't told anybody.."

It was weird, he'd been planning on telling his friends but he just hadn't.  He wasn't sure if it was just because he didn't get a chance or because he knew that they would just claim it was lies because of where the information was coming from

"How come?" He asked the other male without thinking about it. He didn't know why he cared. It made sense for Draco to tell Harry but whether he wanted to tell his friends was his business, not Draco's. 

yet he had asked anyway. 

Maybe it was because he had known that once they hesrd he got the information from Draco, they would rebuff him. Call the idea of it false. Say he was just plotting something bigger. 

But they were his friends at the end of the day and he didn't mind what they thought because he had gotten Harry to believe him and that was something.

Harry sighed slightly as the blond haired Slytherin boy brought up a question he really didn't want to answer.

There was just really no way about answering it, while being honest and saving his feelings.

"Well, i mean...I guess we should just wait for solid proof before telling anybody else" Harry said doing his best to avoid a nasty situation involving his new found ally.

One he wanted to keep. 

Draco eyed Harry curiously. Any other time in the past and he might have told Harry off for not believing him, or at least, not believing him enough to tell his friends. 

But he wasn't entirely that way anymore. Besides, he understood why he would feel that way. Draco wasn't an idiot. 

"Yesh, I understand," he told the other male with a short nod and looked out the window again, as if for distraction. 

He wanted to change the topic but felt that by doing so, it would make them seem more like friends now. And he didn't know if Harry wanted that. 

Just then the trolley came by and Draco lifted his head. "Do you want something?" He offered as he pulled some coins from his pocket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back