• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom • d r a m i o n e || c l o s e d •

Draco looked down at the book, his face showing his slight impression by the fact she was reading about such a difficult topic in her own time.

"I don't see why not...I mean I could go about not talking to you and being mean like before but I don't want to." 

He sighed, hating the way he sounded so vulnerable by admitting this

"I mean you're  not as bad as I thought Granger"

Draco glanced around, feeling very out of place now that their not exactly civil relationship had been covered and he awkwardly started to stand up.

"I guess I should leave you to your Ancient Runes"

Hermione was clearly surprised by the fact that he had owned up to not really wanting to behave uncivil anymore. Or st least, that's what it sounded like he was implying. 

And if she was being honest, he wasn't that bad to talk to either. Se just wondered why it had taken so long to actually realise. 

When he started to get up, she sat straight. 

"You don't have to go," she said softly before realising it sounded like she wanted him to stay. And truthfully, she wouldn't mind if he did. 

"I mean, I've read that book before so it's no problem really."

Draco was pretty much out of the chair when she straightened and he tilted his head, his eyes taking in the brunette  curiously as she started to talk.

It sounded like she wanted him to stay, but he couldn't just assume that and he hesitated for a moment before sinking back down, into the chair.

"Okay. If you're sure" The blond boy said carefully as he took the seat next to Hermione, his gaze never leaving the intelligent witch.

Hermione watched as he sank back down into the chair beside her and she turned herself slightly so she didn't have to keep craning her neck to look at him. 

Her book was pushed aside because at the moment she found interest in something else. Or rather, someone else. 

"Where are your other friends?" She asked conversationally. Shs refrained from using the words 'cronies' or 'lackeys' because she wanted to have a proper conversation with him, now that she knew it was possible. 

She wondered what Harry and Ron would say or do if they saw her right then.

Draco couldn't keep the grin off of his face as he watched as the brunette turned herself so they could talk properly, even pushing her book aside which seemed to be significant when it came to Granger.

"Oh, them. I don't really care or know...they aren't really my friends, they are just there" Draco shrugged slightly at the mention of his slytherin...followers would probably be the right word for them.

"How about you? Where are your friends?' He asked curiously, usually at least one of the boys were always with her, making her completely unapproachable, unless Draco wanted to pick a fight if he happened to be bored

Hermione nodded. She didn't think they were friends of his but she hadn't wanted to point that out and seem rude when he was being civil toward her. 

When he asked about her friends she cocked her head to the side a bit, as if thinking of how to respond. 

"They've got Herbology," she explained. "Extra class during this hour which is actually free for us since they didn't turn in their last assignment," she explained.

Hermione, of course, submitted all assignments so she was exempted from any sort of extra classes.

Draco couldn't help but chuckle as he heard that Harry and Ron were stuck in herbology all because of the fact they hadn't down their stupid homework.

"Well unlucky them, they get to miss spending time with you" He teased playfully but not quite flirtatiously as the pair sat and chatted easily, almost like they had been friends for years, not enemies.

Not for the first time that day, Hermione felt her cheeks flush because of her words and she failed at attempting to hide it with her hair since he was sitting right beside her. 

"You said you came here because you didn't want to go to class," she recalled, looking at him once more, with slight curiosity. She was amused by him, his behaviour, everything. She had never been able to talk to him like this before and she was afraid it would revert to its original ways if she didn't make use of it. 

"What were you going to do, if you hadn't seen me here?" 

Draco chuckled and grinned as he watched the flushed pink cheeks of Hermione as she ducked her head,using her frizzy brown locks in an effort to hide it bit it was to no use, his Eagle like eyes had already picked up on it.

Now it was Dracos turn to blush, his alabaster skin turning a slight shade of pink of the apples of his cheeks.

In all honesty, if Hermione hadn't have been here, he would have read a book but there was no way he was going to admit to something like that to a friend of Potters.

If Potter found out, he would be ridiculed for ages.

So instead he shrugged and made up the excuse 

"I hadn't thought that far ahead"

Hermione raised an eyebrow. She found that hadd to believe. Hogwarts was huge and there were a number of places he could have gone to skip class yet he had come to the library. 

If she had to guess, she would say he had come to read something becase it was a library after all. But if he didn't want to say it then she wouldn't bring it up. 

Instead, she kept her thiughts to herself and leaned back in her chair slightly to look at him. 

"Alright, different question," she said and bit her lower lip as she thought. "What do you normally do when you skip class?"

Draco could almost see Hermione's train of thought as she remained quiet for a few minutes before eventually settling back into her chair and asking her next question. 

The truthful answer was, he was usually here, reading or doing work, or sometimes out on the quidditch  field

So he answered "usually practising for the next quidditch match. You know I love to beat Gyrffindor" he said with a chuckle

Hermione nodded slightly. She had never really been much of a quidditch player herself but se could see why others liked the sport and she was rather fond of watching it. It was enjoyable. 

Right then the bell rang and Hermione had Astronomy next so she picked up her book, intending to keep it away on her way out. 

"What class do you have?" She asked curiously as she rose to her feet. Part of her didn't want to leave and instead wanted to stay and talk to him.

Draco grinned slightly, he usually saw Hermione down at the pitch when there was a game, obviously rooting against him but it was nice to see she at least supported her house and friends.

He glanced up as the bell rang through the library and he sighed slightly, had time really flown by that quickly. 

"I think Astronomy" Draco said shrugging slightly, it was one of the classes that he didn't really have any interest for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back