• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~NYU~

Nick nodded slightly in understanding before turning his attention to the male that had walked up, his body instantly tensing up. He watched in silence as Olivia invited him to sit, unable to scratch the feeling that this situation was a little familiar. Then it hit him like a ton of bricks. His obvious interest in her and her interest in him. He couldn't go through this. Not again. Throwing a couple bills on the table to pay for the food, he got up without a word and walked out, not turning around or stopping for anything, no matter what. He had been cheated on with his ex and it wasn't hard for him to notice the signs anymore, and he didn't think he could survive going through that kind of pain again.

blueeyess said:
Clark Somers
As his lips connected with Stephen's again, he breathed in a sharp breath and melted into the moment. Clark's fingers ran through the back of Stephen's hair, as their kiss deepened, he leaned into it. The moment felt as though time had stopped, as if they were locked into the moment, nothing could break it or interfere. He broke the kiss for a second, his hand moving to Stephen's cheek, he couldn't hold back his smile. Filled with happiness, "it's a dream I don't want to wake up from" he muttered shyly. Clark kissed Stephen again, a gentle peck at first, his eyes scanned the taller male's face, each detail.
Every moment that they spent in each other's arms was another reason for Stephen's joy. The sensation of Clark's hand moving up to his cheek makes his skin tingle as his insides had been doing. It felt natural; them being together in such a way. Smiling to mirror his inner affection toward his best friend. "If this were a dream, I would wish it to be reality." He chuckles lightly against Clark's lips. They were soft, delicate and most certainly perfect. Having a quick break, his eyes go back to looking over Clark's features. How had he manage to fight against the urge to wrap him up and hold tight so long? A year may not sound so bad but the feeling of love was evil in some ways. Grinning, Steph leans forward to rest his forehead to Clark's. "I love you." He breathed out gently.

Olivia set down her fork and turned her head when he left. She immediately felt broken. So he just gets up and leaves like that? Just one simple blast from the past and he's gone. She hadn't put together in her mind yet that he may be jealous. Maybe he has trusting problems just like her. Still no excuse for him to walk away so fast; almost like she asked him for child support. "Damn it. What the h-" She stops herself knowing that later on in bed she'd be praying for forgiveness for saying those words. She lays her head in her hands and the thought of their kiss comes back. He just leaves even after such an intimate moment.

@JaneXJeff

@ShadedRose

"It's good to know that you remember me." He told her with a bright smile. Watching as she scooted over, he was preparing to decline the offer seeing as it would be pretty rude to interrupt the breakfast date taking place when the guy seated across from her stood suddenly slapping a few dollars down onto the table and taking flight. It was weird how fast the competition was eliminated even though it had seemed to upset Olivia. Sitting next to her after watching the guy leave, he pats her back lightly. "Hey, did I do something wrong?" He asked concerned like.

@BasicallyMe

Hailing a taxi as soon as he could, Nick decided to just ride around for a bit to clear his head. Reluctantly, he told the driver to return to the diner before paying him and getting out, walking in and sliding into his seat before he could stop himself. "I've been thinking Liv. It was wrong of me to do that. Hell, you're not even mine so I'm sorry. I'm sorry for walking out like that and with the way you look at him, I'm sorry for kissing you," he said softly, forcing his voice to remain steady as he stared down at the plate of galf eaten food before looking at the man in front of him. "Go ahead. She's all yours. That much was obvious when you came up here acting as if she were alone," he said, obviously angry. "I'm sorry Liv, but there's really no point in me trying anymore. I've already told you I like you a lot, but I get that you just don't feel the same. I'm just saying it would have been easier to handle if you would have just told me."

@BasicallyMe

@ShadedRose

Last edited by a moderator:
Olivia stands, pushing her way out past Reese. "No. The thing that hurts is you've got it all wrong and that you don't want to try anymore. I've made it pretty clear that I do like you, but that's hard to get past a man's tiny ass brain. Especially the fact that I've been telling you I want to wait to be more. Waiting isn't what you want though is it?" She was obviously angry as well. "Do you think I go around kissing guys for fun or something? You should think a little bit harder before coming back to me." She walks out of the diner and down the sidewalk to the University. It was only a few blocks, so it was worth it. She never gets angry fast, but with everything happening it just pulled the trigger. Olivia had totally forgotten to be nice to Reese. Now he along with everyone else in the diner thinks she's a psychopath; wouldn't doubt if Nick thought that also by now as well.

@JaneXJeff

@ShadedRose

Nick stared wide-eyed at Olivia as she practically blew up at him before walking out. He sat in complete silence, refusing to look at the man as he thought about everything. He wasn't planning on going after her, but the guilt would end up eating him alive if he didn't. Running out after her, Nick didn't stop until he reached her. "Liv..." He said softly as he gently took her arm and pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm sorry, okay. You know I didn't mean that. I was mad and jealous. I just don't see how I can compete with him. He's everything I'm not. I'm just me. Maybe Crystal was right. You are too good for me. I-I don't deserve you, Liv. I wish I did, but I don't," he said softly before taking a deep breath. "I just don't even know what to feel anymore. I head over heels for you and I don't want to let you go, but you deserve better than me so I know I probably should. I just want you to be happy but I don't know how to do that..." He added as he looked deeply into her eyes, practically spilling his heart out to her.

@BasicallyMe

She wipes away a single tear, wondering why she was even crying over something that's lasted three days. "I just need to think, I can't listen to you telling me you're not good enough. I just can't right now. You say you don't mean it and right now you're still saying things doubting us. I want you to just take time and go think also. This will never work if you can't be sure I have feelings for you. I can't be sure. I mean all he did was walk up to us. He's an old familiar face from highschool." She lays her head on his chest not wanting to leave, but knows it's the best. "I loved our kiss, I love that you've taken care of me these past three days but we need to think." Olivia backs up from his chest and nods. Her eyes were watery as she looked up at him. "I'll talk to you later." She continues to walk to the University getting more excited with each step to lay down.

@JaneXJeff

Nick wasn't sure he could handle what she was saying. He didn't want to believe it. He knew exactly how he felt, he just couldn't put it into words out of fear of her running off. He watched her walk away, unable to find his voice to stop her. He couldn't show her how he felt since she wasn't letting him in which only made it harder. Turning away, he slouched his shoulders and kept his head down as he slowly walked in the opposite direction, having nowhere to go. He wasn't until he felt something slip down his neck that he realized he was silently crying. She was the one that needed to get her feelings straight because even though he didn't feel good enough for her, he knew with each step that he was in love with her, but because she didn't want to be around him, there was no way he could show it.

@BasicallyMe

Olivia walks into her dorm. The bruising on her was throbbing along with the places she was cut. She cried while unpacking some more of her things not able to just lay down like she was planning to. Everything was so confusing right now; her dad was a crazy drunk all of a sudden, her mom hadn't called to ask if she was ok, and someone already tried to spike her drink at the first party. Her problems seemed to clear away when she remembered there was alcohol in the fridge. Without thinking, Olivia grabbed a bottle of wine and drank a few sips straight up. Maybe her father chose alcohol for a good reason; it could really work.

@JaneXJeff

((Have tons of drama coming up(; lol but ShadedRose left to go do something so I can't really keep going unless we make Nick and Olivia talk againxD Sorry about that I should've made Olivia stay lol))

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick walked for several more minutes in order to calm down before leaning against a wall and thinking. What the hell am I doing? If I really feel that way about her I wouldn't let her go. I would do anything to keep her. He thought of the story his father told him about his mother and wasted no time in turning, wondering if she went back to her dorm. There was only one way to find out. He ran back to the university and all the way to her dorm before opening the door, seeing the bottle in her hand. Calmly walking up to Olivia, he took the bottle from her as he set it down and looked down at her, pressing his lips against hers before he could talk himself out of it. Pulling away, he looked to the bottle then back to her, shaking his head. "Please don't do that. You're nothing like that bastard that hurt you. You don't need the alcohol," he whispered softly.

@BasicallyMe

Olivia doesn't even look to the door for a face recognition, instead she takes another huge sip. When she sees Nick she begins to think about taking another swig, but he presses his lips to hers surprisingly. "Nick..." She was already a bit drunk but she could still tell this wasn't right. "I know I'm not like him, I'm just testing his coping mechanisms." She reaches for the bottle again unable to touch it and blows her hair out of her face like a small child would. "You're so hot, just stop." She drops her head backwards onto the sofa and groans.

@JaneXJeff

Putting the bottle away, Nick sat down next to Olivia and sighed softly. "Liv. I want nothing for you to be happy. That's it. I know you need time but I know exactly how I feel. Liv, if you want to forget about me that's fine, but just remember this. "I love you. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want you to leave, but now I don't care. I knew when that guy walked up and looked at you the way he did and I got jealous. I don't want any time. All I want is you," he told her softly as he moved a bit of hair out of her face. "You were right earlier. I don't want to wait. But that doesn't mean I won't. I told you before and I'll tell you again. 8' not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do," he said softly before leaning back and thinking. "And what do you mean 'You're so hot, just stop'?" He asked curiously.

@BasicallyMe

She listens to his talking while looking the opposite direction. Tears were streaming down her face now and she couldn't say anything back. Finally after a few seconds she musters up the courage to face him. "Nick. I do have feelings for you, I do. How could I not? You're handsome, you've stuck up for me, you're French." She grins slightly at the last part. "I don't want you to think otherwise I just am in a bad place this year." Olivia wipes another tear before it could reach her cheek. "By that I mean that you're such a temptation. You're hard to look at without wanting to lock lips." She shakes her head and rubs the bridge of her nose, "I'm half drunk what else should I say?" She pushes him down on the sofa randomly and sits on his lap. "You should get drunk too."

@JaneXJeff

ShadedRose said:
Every moment that they spent in each other's arms was another reason for Stephen's joy. The sensation of Clark's hand moving up to his cheek makes his skin tingle as his insides had been doing. It felt natural; them being together in such a way. Smiling to mirror his inner affection toward his best friend. "If this were a dream, I would wish it to be reality." He chuckles lightly against Clark's lips. They were soft, delicate and most certainly perfect. Having a quick break, his eyes go back to looking over Clark's features. How had he manage to fight against the urge to wrap him up and hold tight so long? A year may not sound so bad but the feeling of love was evil in some ways. Grinning, Steph leans forward to rest his forehead to Clark's. "I love you." He breathed out gently.
Clark Somers

At Stephen's first words, he smiled and kissed the taller man on the cheek. Then there were three more, three he hadn't expected that knocked him out of the dream like state.
I love you. Clark gazed into Stephen's eyes and continued to caress his cheek, he knew he had strong feelings for Stephen but were they love? Was it too soon to say anything like that? Sure they'd known each other years, but they'd only started dating a day prior to this moment. Realising he hadn't said anything back, Clark closed his eyes and said the first thing thay came to mind. He knew they were true to him, all he had to do was let them out. "I think i love you" he whispered, eyes fixing on Stephen's. Clark leaned forward, pressing his lips gently to Stephen's, wanting to get back to the tender moment.. Though in his mind he believed he had spoiled it. Clark knew he had to be truthful with Stephen, he didn't know for sure. Having never been in a relationship or close to anyone, Clark didn't know the signs of love in him self.. Or maybe that was his problem, he was searching for signs instead of simply feeling it. He broke the kiss and climbed off the bed silently, Clark wrapped his arms around himself and took a shaky breath. "I'm sorry" he muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back