• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy NPCs Chatroom

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'm just a little curious about the intended premise of this RP: is the world it takes place in literally a game (which is to say that it has code,playable characters,and a definite goal for those characters),or is it a "real" world that simply operates according to the cliches related to certain video games?

I'm just a little curious about the intended premise of this RP: is the world it takes place in literally a game (which is to say that it has code,playable characters,and a definite goal for those characters),or is it a "real" world that simply operates according to the cliches related to certain video games?
Had this question too! I was hoping it would lean more to the classic RPG NPCs gained life than a Matrix simulation like case.

But other than that. Hello!

I was going for full video game characters given sentience through a weird glitch.

I'm leaning towards more of an mmo style game which would allow for events and stuff to happen throughout the game world.

Behold, the resident MacGuffin has arrived!

Special Ability:
MacGuffin: This NPC will always be kidnapped to kickstart the main quest at the start of every game.

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire do you have any particular plot ideas to kick things off,or will the group focus on (say) the characters getting their bearings and trying to figure out their newfound freedom at first?

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire do you have any particular plot ideas to kick things off,or will the group focus on (say) the characters getting their bearings and trying to figure out their newfound freedom at first?
The idea would be to allow the group to explore and figure out what they are doing which will allow me to set up things in the background.

Oh so no magic?
We're the starting village.
So....probably no magic. Very tragic.
No magic to start with, but that can change quickly. We've all played enough games to know that a magic spell is just a treasure chest away.

Don't worry, just run around opening chests, sooner or later you'll gain magic from that!

I'm alright with everyone's characters so far. You've all stayed on theme. There is something I'd like to try.

I'd like everyone to look at the characters and give their opinions on them. Doesn't have to be super in depth since the whole premise of the rp is that they've just recently broken free from their programming.

Once we've finished with that we can get things started.

In other news, I've added a new section you should check out. As we rp you will gain equipment, abilities, ect.

I'll update as things change.

I'd appreciate if you'd update your character sheets with new information as we do. I'd hope you'll update them with story and relationship information as those develop.

In other news, I've added a new section you should check out. As we rp you will gain equipment, abilities, ect.

I'll update as things change.

I'd appreciate if you'd update your character sheets with new information as we do. I'd hope you'll update them with story and relationship information as those develop.
Yay!

I'm alright with everyone's characters so far. You've all stayed on theme. There is something I'd like to try.

I'd like everyone to look at the characters and give their opinions on them. Doesn't have to be super in depth since the whole premise of the rp is that they've just recently broken free from their programming.

Once we've finished with that we can get things started.
like just face value opinion?

Well,I think we have an interesting spread of backgrounds so far,and we'll find out how much carries over into their new lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back