• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Nowhere. (Overview)

Newson

grant me eyes
Nowhere. - Overview
DIRECTORY

IC
OOC
CS

(This will also be home to updates and will change periodically to the roleplay. I will notify everyone if new information is added.)

Pitchfork, ArizonaThe town of Pitchfork, Arizona has been full of stories, freaks, and mysteries. Ever since the town's founding in the early 20th century, the town has seen its fair share of strange encounters. The Pitchfork Caves were once a place of fortunate mining and cave spelunking. Then there were stories of ghosts, cults, and the caves collapsing on miners. The mine was shut down after half of the cave collapsed and killed some of the plantation owners and businessmen funding the mine project. Ever since it has been home to ghost stories and supernatural occurrences. The entire mine is closed off from the public, but that doesn't stop some people from going in...

The town itself is a nice and quaint hamlet. It has a main business area and several residential areas. Everyone lives in town, and everyone's children attends the James Grover School District. The schools were named after one of the town's founders: James Grover. Tragically, he died in the cave collapse many years ago. In his memory, they named the schools after him. It offers a good education for the kids of the town, and provides a social center for them since the town is void of any.

The Cult
(This is secret information to everyone except cult members. Do not meta-game and use it in the roleplay.)

The cult was the reason the mine existed. It was the reason there was a cave collapse. It is the reason people go missing and end up dead now. The cult has always been here, and probably always will be. The cult first came to be when businessman James Grover and plantation owner Roger Beckett heard a call from beyond the veil. They heard the Devil. He told them that this cave had a very important meaning to him, and that their presence here was disturbing his peaceful state. The two men made a deal with the Devil. He gave them money and power in exchange for them to worship him in that cave. The men were corrupt from the start, only now were they corrupted by the Devil. Worships and rituals continued through their life. They sealed off their own section of the mine to preform rituals. They even hired a secret excavation team and payed them to excavate a section of the mine and build a small worship center. Modeled with stone bricks, pillars, plenty of rooms, and a maze which is the entrance to the secret alcove. Not many years passed after the construction and founding of the cult when the cave collapse occurred. No one is entirely sure how it happened, not even the cult members killed in the collapse. Luckily, the altar and surrounding area was not crushed.
Ever since, no word of a cult arising has appeared. It disappeared before anyone could notice it. Long after the cult was originally founded, there was a boy who found the cave. He was feeling adventurous, and he didn't care he was alone. He walked into the cave with only a small flashlight. He found his way through the maze, through the rubble, and into the altar room. He was impressed by how the room was stunningly well-kept. Then he saw the journals on the altar and the dagger. He picked up the journals and began reading. He learned about the cult, how it started, why, and what their goal was. At the end, he found the words: "If we perish, continue our work for Lucifer himself." Then, as he picked up the dagger, he heard the voice. It told him to continue their work, and succeed where they failed. He listened to it. After that, he was a pawn of the Devil.

Today, the now adult boy and a small following continue the work he was given. They meet often and discuss what they must do. He receives messages from the Devil, and he transfers the message to the other cult members. They've done everything from sacrifice humans and animals to kidnapping and keeping captives. Under his regime, the boy has required the cult to create these personas. Past the days of robes and chanting. They now wear masks and act differently from who they really are. Everyone has a role in the cult, and they figure that out soon enough. All is well... For now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back