Nova - Knight of Space

Verdana

Meme Ghost
Knights of Space have interest in art or fashion, they’re especially good at reusing what is already there, changing it or remixing into something new, changing how it’s used. They might have an abnormally high skill with craft-like things, like knitting, woodwork, sculpture. They are very good at using whatever physical ingredients that they have. They can use their precision and intuition to use objects in creative ways, think of those posts about “life hacks” like using an empty ketchup bottle filled with pancake mix to make exact bear face or butt shaped pancakes. That is Knight of Space territory right there. They are probably good with various kinds of weapons as well.

“Jack of all Trades” or “Handy Man” describes these kinds of Knights very well. They tend to have amazing various skills because of their tendency to get impatient with things and either improvise solutions out of frustration, or more likely because they’ve practiced what they do a million times and each time they are unsatisfied with the results, even if they’re actually great results. To a Knight of Space, every physical object can be their weapon, their tool. I think it can’t be said how good at improvising they are, even if they themselves don’t think so. Theater or miming or any kind of physical performance like stage acting is very likely their forte. They are likely to be in this field one way or another, even if it’s just strategically moving props around in the background as stage ninjas or making outfits quickly last minute.

They are probably good cosplayers as well. Knights of Space would probably try to get lots of stuff done and have a well decorated, precisely used house and rooms because of constant fiddling, and in general seem to have a good handle on most things, even if they always unsatisfied with their results. Knights of Space would even believe that their “Jack of all Trades” status means they have no one solid interest or skill to focus on and master, and thus they would feel useless, even when they really aren’t. They’re the ones who say “but I’m not really good at anything” and believe it.

It's important to note that all Knights, a Knight of Space included, hides behind a mask of some sort. Knights are characteristically insecure about their aspect, meaning that a Knight of Space would disown or almost reject their own creativity, adding on to the "I'm not good at anything" mentality. Knights are masters at weaponizing their aspect, but usually have one "trademark" weapon they default to, ie Dave's swords and Karkat's sickles. Unlike a Prince, which is close to a Knight, Knights aren't one to destroy their own aspect. They both destroy with their aspect, sure, but Knights are more importantly the guardian of their aspect. They excel at what they do, but like a Prince, deny that they're actually any good, or may sometimes straight up avoid interacting with their aspect all together, as with Dave's eventual distaste and avoidance of time travel. A Knight's main challenge when ascending to god tier, or rather, the purpose of their god tier, is to help them overcome their typically crippling insecurities about using their aspect. In the Knight of Space's case, it would be Nova's crippling insecurity about her creative abilities, problem solving, all that.

The Space aspect isn't just about creativity, artistic expertise, and literal space, though. It also covers the idea of maturity, that one is able to look after oneself. Coulpling Space with the class Knight, creates the idea that the player is insecure about their own maturity levels, despite excelling in taking care of themselves. A Knight of Space in this regard would rely heavily on others to give them directions, out of fear of having to do so themselves and thus making the wrong choices. Deep down, however, the player would be already formulating their own path, and will theoretically reject whatever anyone else would tell them to do, unless it aligned with their own interests. 

Back to the idea of masks, a Knight of Space would hide behind the idea that they've put out that they are incapable of living on their own, incapable of making their own choices, would essentially suck at anything art-related, and would essentially be a useless player. Take off the mask, however, and you will see a commanding, self-assured, and highly skilled warrior who is able to manipulate the fabrics of space to her whim in the name of protecting those she cares about. 

But that's just my ideas.

Surprisingly

You're right

I just put down a simple and incomplete version for each character

Surprisingly

You're right

:/  I do know a thing or two about classpects. In fact, they're my favorite thing about Homestuck. Ever since I started reading two years ago or so, I've dedicated all my time to learning the hidden meanings behind all classpects. Unfortunately, what I've learned doesn't really match up with what you've presented in these threads... I'd like to go about and make edits, but I don't feel that's my place to do so, as this is your role play, and thus your reality.

Nice drawing! I'll just put down my thoughts below yours in the other threads if that's okay. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back