• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Nova Aeria Orphanage: The Uprising

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
Nova Aeria, one of the more dense cities in the world, a bastion of technological innovation and philanthropy...... and home of one of the powerhouses behind protecting the children from the Uprising

The Uprising? The Revolt of AI technology against humans to kill those without cybernetics and convert those with into cyber zombies.

Here you are, having to babysit some snot-nosed little kids, but where neglect equals death. These children are the future and you must forge the path so the future can come to past

Whether at the end of the day this means EMPing the world and starting over or getting to the city failsafe across the country, all we know is that you can't leave the kids at home

OOC
CS

Last edited:
Prologue: The fall
Description: Just a nice little intro for our characters and the intro for the plot

Objectives
  • Establish character
  • Be ready for a time skip (1 month)

Time: 10:00am

The city of Nova Aeria is a bastion of technological innovation. As such, opportunity is abundant here. AI have reduced crime significantly due to the harsh algorithms when punishing criminals and overall efficiency of cop bots.

One of Nova Aeria's most prized accomplishments is the emphasis they put on the children. Their safety and care. A proud accomplishment is the orphanage

Luke had to round up the kids. A little toddler boy thought it'd be funny to take off after bath time and run around stark baked and wet. This child was out running the bath drones
"Catch him!"

Olivier Olivier
Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long trentsinger4555 trentsinger4555 WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

Lev had been rapidly pacing the hall, twisting locks of his unruly dark hair around his fingers. Initially the seven year old paid no mind to the unclothed youngster speeding down the hall, but it quickly became clear that Luke wanted the child caught. Lev's English was a little shaky at best, but the simple demand "Catch him!" was more than simple enough to understand.
Lev grinned impishly; this was an invitation for a little adventure, a task to snap him out of his bored, sleep-deprived daze. Without so much as a nod of agreement, he took off down the hall after the hall after the naked toddler.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long trentsinger4555 trentsinger4555 WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

Click, click, click. It was boring work, well not really boring but she really didn't see the reason why the other staff wanted extra sheeting on the side of their old work truck. At least that's what she told her self, it was horrible the state of world affairs. Terrorists, wars, mass shootings. Was your idea to come to Earth, should stop complaining. Home might of been boreing but at least you didn't have assholes blowing up cars every other week. Wonder how much that return ticket would be... Her thought process was cut off by the sound of people running past the open door of the work shop, and the shout of "Catch Him!"

"Dammit, what's going on out there!"
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Olivier Olivier trentsinger4555 trentsinger4555 WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

It was a usual day at the orphanage. Boring, methodical, and not much going on. Elizabeth sat by one of the front windows and stared out into the city street. Seeing people walking with their daily lives and freedom to do whatever they want, only made her more resentful of being sent here. She could only guess it was the munchkins bath time because she could hear the pitter-patter of feet and someone shouting "Catch him!" 'Great. Brats running around.' She thought to herself. But, anything was better than just sitting here, so she got up and walked into the hall to see what was going on. Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Olivier Olivier trentsinger4555 trentsinger4555 Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

It was a usual day at the orphanage. Boring, methodical, and not much going on. Elizabeth sat by one of the front windows and stared out into the city street. Seeing people walking with their daily lives and freedom to do whatever they want, only made her more resentful of being sent here. She could only guess it was the munchkins bath time because she could hear the pitter-patter of feet and someone shouting "Catch him!" 'Great. Brats running around.' She thought to herself. But, anything was better than just sitting here, so she got up and walked into the hall to see what was going on. Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Olivier Olivier trentsinger4555 trentsinger4555 Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

Luke bustled around trying to round up more kids for bath time

A little girl ran away, but a door slammed shut before she could get out the opening. She looked too confused to even try to figure out an alternate way out. She flails futility as she's picked up.
"The ghost closed the door on me!! Stupid ghost!" She yelled in a tantrum.
That ghost was telekinesis. Luke couldn't possibly explain the concept of psychokinesis to kids, so ghost was the next best explanation.

"In the bath you go."

Meanwhile the naked toddler kept his nude rampage going and headed towards the front door, intending to run out

The orphanage was expecting a couple of visitors and potential adopters today. The last thing they needed was to see a toddler running about outside naked
Olivier Olivier
Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

7 days earlier
Out in a weaponized bot manufacturing facility, a storm raged outside. A massive one with a tornado warning to go with it. A quick power surge hit the factory. It didn't interrupt the work flow much, but enough. A computing drone, that inputs the algorithms for situational restraint regulations, wasn't turned off, but it stopped for just a second and skipped a few coding inputs. Anyone who's been into coding knows that if even 1 coding input is wrong, it could invalidate the entire algorithm, which it did. It bugged out the algorithm and made it useless

Lev raced after the runaway toddler, but unfortunately the child was quickly out the door and out of sight. Lev, flustered, looked around quickly to see where the younger kid had run off to, then.... Lev's mind drew a blank. He no longer had any idea what he'd been doing.

The Israeli boy was left confused and disoriented just outside the front door. He barely even remembered how he got here, let alone what he had been chasing after. He had no clue what to do now, or how to get back to where he'd been before. Feeling nauseous just from the anxiety, he stared blankly at the world outside, unmoving except for shivering slightly.

Looking out into the hallway, she was greeted with the sight of a naked toddler running, and a young boy running after him. The toddler ran out the front door while she was processing this, and the young boy ran out after him....but then he stopped. Why did he stop? Elizabeth walked over to the door and leaned on the doorway, looking at the kid who seemed confused. She recognized him, he was the curly one who had problems remembering things. She never gave much attention to whatever problem the adults explained he had, but it had to do with his brain. Speaking up, she tried bringing him out of his daze. "Hey, munchkin! Just a reminder, you were chasing after some baby running around bare-naked." Snapping her fingers getting his attention. Olivier Olivier

Lev froze up in startled surprise as Elizabeth snapped her fingers and offered a helpful reminder. This brought back part of his lost train of thought, enough to remember the situation that had led up to him being out here. Unfortunately, by this point the naked toddler was long since out of view. Lev looked at Elizabeth for a moment, then pulled a small notebook and a red pen out of his pockets and hastily scribbled down a message.

באיזה כיוון
which way?

The short question was written in large, all lowercase letters, the first several of which had been crossed out and were distinctly Hebrew characters. Hopefully Elizabeth would be able to quickly point him in the direction of the escaped toddler.
WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

Elizabeth was less than pleased when the kid who's name she couldn't remember held out a small notebook with strange letters crossed out and underneath asking "which way?". She shook her head. "I don't know! I wasn't the one chasing after him! And what's that supposed to be, some colony language or something? Is it crossed out or is that line supposed to be there? You know what, forget it. I don't want to know. Just..." She took a moment to sigh and put a hand over her eyes. 'This is going to be frustrating' she thought. She calmed down and stepped out of the doorway. Looking past Levi, she looked left and right then concentrated. She stared at the ground and her head started to faintly hurt. Everything turned gray for a few moments and wet spots started to appear in her field of view, starting from the doorway and heading to the left. It continued down the street, and the gray faded. 'Nnh' She muttered, color returning to the world and her head starting to pound. She had never used her gift to track someone before, so understandably there was pain. "He went to the left, down the street. Let's get this over with." She droned with a monotone, apathy in her voice. Finding a brat couldn't be too hard....could it? Olivier Olivier

Lev smiled brightly, scribbling down one more sentence.

Will you come with me?

He knew that if he waited too long, the toddler would become unfindable, but he didn't want to go out alone. If he forgot what he was doing again, he might not be able to find his way back. Then there would be two lost kids, and surely the adults wouldn't be happy about that. Besides, he'd never been on his own before... it would probably be scary, having no one around to depend on.

WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

She sighed again, reading the message. "I guess. I mean, I'll probably get blamed if he gets lost just because I saw him run off, so yeah,let's get this train wreck rolling." Stepping down the stairs she walked into the busy street, trying to look for the little marks left without using her abilities. No such luck, with the passerbys treading around and water fading over time nothing was very distinguishable, she'd have to concentrate again if she wanted his exact path. Seeing that as too much work, she waited for the boy to step down and join her. "Lead the way Curly." She stated sweeping her arms towards the path. Olivier Olivier

Olivier Olivier WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

As the two were about to leave Elizabeth felt someone tap on her shoulder. "First off, where do you think you're going without and adult. Secondly you shouldn't diss colony languages, colonists have a hard time as is without young ladies bad mouthing them." Hel had been watching the seen unfold of a little bit back. She wasn't exactly the best with dealing with the children, that's one of the reasons she stayed in her workshop the majority of the time. At least in there she only had to deal with the older ones.

Lev, growing impatient and worried that the toddler would disappear into the outside world, walked a few paces away from Liz and the adult who had just arrived. He wasn't sure about wandering off on his own, but he wasn't aboutto abandon his mission.
Come to think of it, Lev hadn't left the ground of the orphanage since he arrived. It just hadn't occurred to him to do so. Back in Tel Aviv, his parents took him wherever he wanted to go. Wherever he was now, he was too busy exploring the orphanage to even think about its surroundings. This would make it harder to find the toddler, as Lev had no idea where a toddler would want to go in this world. Lev himself was only seven years old, and doubly vulnerable to getting lost due to his brain injury. Nevertheless, he had nothing else to do as far as he could remember, so toddler hunting it was.
Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

It's bad enough when someone taps you and you don't like being touched. Even worse when they scold you while doing it. "OH!" Elizabeth exclaimed raising both her hands in front of her in apprehension. "All right, "First off", don't touch me! There's other ways to talk to me, lady. Secondly, whoevers giving the little ones a bath let one scamper off. This guy was running after one before he stopped and forgot what he was doing. I gave him a reminder and now "where I think" I'm going, is to find said child. Putting aside the irrevalantness of colony languages and if people take offense, how about you tag along and do your job?" She snapped at the adult. Olivier Olivier Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

"My job is a mechanic, also you're so lucky you're not back where I came from or that would of earned a spanking." Hel looked out into the area hopefully to spot the toddler, sadly to no avail. "But... You are right I need to get after the little one. Did you see what way he went?"

Ignoring the comment about spanking, she scoffed. "Oh, YOU need to find him?! You don't even have a clue of what he looks like! At least I had a glimpse!" Elizabeth rolled her eyes and took out a long rusty chain from her dress pocket. "Just stay back and keep out of my way." She said leaning down and placing the chain on the ground. She shaped the chain in a "S" shape, like a snake. Feeling satisfied at its placement, she put her hand on it and focused her mind. In her mind, it was voodoo, but to others, it was more simply put 'psionics'. Her fingers twitched and something was building in her chest. With heat in the back of her throat, she started to speak.

Ancient chain, rusty and red
Find the child that has tread ahead
With my power and my care
Find the child with serpent stare

She winced and closed her eyes, the energy being transferred to the chain. She drew away and held her head, throbbing now. The chain started to shift and curl on the ground, awakening. It drew itself up like a cobra, and fixed its end chain on her. She looked at it and pointed down the street, emotion gone from her face. "Go." Was all she said. The chain unfurled and started slinking along the street, following an unseen path. Elizabeth, with her hand on her head, followed it silently, like in a trance. Olivier Olivier Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

Lev seemed fascinated by Elizabeth's spionic feat, watching the chain writhe around and start to slither down the street with gleaming brown eyes full of excitement. This was far more entertaining than whatever he was supposed to be doing inside. Without bothering to question the magical ability (though he was exceedingly curious), he ran off down the street after Elizabeth and the chain. Truth be told, he'd already forgotten why Elizabeth used her psionics in the firsr place, but an adventure was an adventure, and Lev wasn't yet in the habit of thinkinb things through.

Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long WilliamDeen WilliamDeen

The mechanic sighed. Well at least the kids have their imagination. She thought to herself. Though she was resentful of having to run after the kid. A trained Psyker could of just told her where the kid was. Then she could of blinked there, grabbed the kid, and then be back working on one of her projects.

The chain led the way through the street, slinking around passerbys and past homes and shops. Elizabeth followed, silently slipping past obstructions and people. The chain eventually stopped in front of a shop, and curled up. She stooped down and picked it up, letting it wrap around her arm. Looking up at the sign, it was a candy shop. 'Typical.' She thought. Opening the door, she led the way inside, looking for the kid. Inside there was shelves and shelves of candy, chocolates and sweets. At the counter was a middle aged blonde woman, restocking some jars of jellybeans. Olivier Olivier Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

PID leaned out of a doorway, looking at the kids. " Oh, why must they always be so jumpy? " He had a very thick British accent, which sounded like one from a Mr. Handy in fallout 4. " Children, please come to me for story time. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back