Notifications

YanaAi

Noob not Noob
Alrighty. φ( ̄¬ ̄ヾ) I've come across a couple of posts stating that the notification settings were not working. I'm pretty sure this has been covered already but it won't hurt to still post this (I think). This tutorial is primarily for alerts being reflected by that bell up there.

View attachment 154830

Notification Settings

First off, you'll need to change the Notification settings for your account. I have mine like this and so far it's worked for me and I've been getting alerts all the time:

View attachment 154818

Basically, I have all of the alerts ticked under Notification List and none for email. (Sorry for the zoom out but I wanted it as one pic :P) If I remember it correctly, there were items set to email when I first logged in after the update.

For the first box up there, I have these checked out:

• Automatically follow content

Automatically follow new content I post

• Automatically follow content I reply to

[*]Method to use for content I follow automatically

• A notification when new content is posted

You can also check the options under Notification Preferences if you'd like; that's where the sound option is as well as the pop-up window. I also don't have Browser Notifications enabled since I'm using my work terminal, but you can follow this tutorial for Chrome.

Thread Replies

The easiest way to make sure you get notified for replies is to tick the button in line with the Submit Reply button, in case your account settings aren't set yet.

View attachment 154813

Following Threads

In some threads I had to fix this manually but most of the time I do get alerts. Click on the Follow icon (or Following in my example) at the top of the thread to display the options. Select A notification when new content is posted and click on Follow or Update Preferences and that should do it. 

View attachment 154838

I think that's it. Wow, I really went through this. (〇_o)I do hope this helped, though. Let me know if I got something wrong or missed anything. See you guys around~

View attachment 154805

View full tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back