• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Notifications

DespairBear

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
So I know that things have changed since being updated but I was curious to see if this was something that is officially here or a work in progress or if I'm just overlooking something but:

When I get PM's, two or three, once I look at my inbox all message notifications go away even of I haven't read them. I was curious as to if this was going to be changed to were we can see the notifications even after looking at our inbox (not opening the messages) or if I just don't have a setting turned on or something. 

sorry if this is kind of confusing! 

Notifications have always been dismissed when you see they're there even if you don't read the message, I do believe! that's not something we can change.

Really? I could have sworn if I looked at my inbox it would still tell me if I had unread messages... hm, maybe I'm losing my mind? lol well thank you! 

I think December is right.  While the notifications would dismiss themselves, messages in the inbox would remain highlighted and at the top of the list until opened.  Now all notifications and messages "dismiss" themselves when you open the small menu from the top.

If you sign-on with several messages in your inbox one day, I suggest opening each message in its own browser tab.  That way, you can close each tab after you take care of the message.  The same goes with your notifs. :)

You can still tell if they are unread if you go to the Notifications Page. Bold Lettering is unread and Standard is Read. But you do have to go through the list and not just have them on top. 

I think it is something they should change and let all Unread stay on top until you tell it to dismiss. Kind of like Email can be set up that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back