• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Notifications Failure

What notifications don't you get?

• Any and all of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • News and Updates

• Questions and Assistance

• General Discussion

• Discussion and Debate

• All Roleplays

• Sign-ups

• OOC

• Updates

• Animal

• Fandom

• Fantasy/Supernatural

• Sci-fi

• Slice of Life

• Superhero

• Other

• Private

• Member Tags

• Total voters

Hatchet

Blunt and Sharp
I've heard for a while now about people missing thread updates because they didn't get an alert from their thread watch and didn't check the thread. (My opinion, always check the thread anyway.)

If this happens to you regularly, start paying attention to what exactly you're not getting a notification for. Is it everything? Is it when someone tags you? Is it ALL of your RPs or just RPs in certain forums?

Bear in mind that when multiple posts occur, like it says, it only gives you notice for the first one.

If you have other areas outside the poll, or more specific, drop a comment here.

Sometimes, it fails to notify me of a new post in a RP or worse, i end up missing the first few pages due to it not alerting me despite clicking watch RP. But i have found that unselecting and reselecting the option fixes it.

TheRoleplayingDovah said:
Sometimes, it fails to notify me of a new post in a RP or worse, i end up missing the first few pages due to it not alerting me despite clicking watch RP. But i have found that unselecting and reselecting the option fixes it.
Interesting. Much to hatchets point, many users are not aware that alerts will not alert you for EACH post. If you receive an alert, in theory you should click it when it appears or else you will fall victim to not receiving notifications. I have however opened up a support request with xenforo in hopes of finding a resolution that may be on our end.

I've noticed that it does not update me when I watch the roleplay, but it will notify me if I watch the thread.

Musician said:
I've noticed that it does not update me when I watch the roleplay, but it will notify me if I watch the thread.
As far as I know, when you 'watch' the roleplay itself, that will only notify you on updates to the Role Play Overview, Maps, etc.

As I understood, for updates on the Role Play, Character Sign-ups and Out Of Character tabs, one had to be watching the threads themselves.

Grin said:
As far as I know, when you 'watch' the roleplay itself, that will only notify you on updates to the Role Play Overview, Maps, etc.
As I understood, for updates on the Role Play, Character Sign-ups and Out Of Character tabs, one had to be watching the threads themselves.
This would be correct. Watching the role play is specific to the tab indexing. If changes are made to any of the tabs (not posts) then you will receive a notification. I suggest watching the specific thread if you are looking for those notifications. Great catch!

GgAcE said:
This would be correct. Watching the role play is specific to the tab indexing. If changes are made to any of the tabs (not posts) then you will receive a notification. I suggest watching the specific thread if you are looking for those notifications. Great catch!
Thanks for the clarification on this, AcE. I've been getting most notifications just fine and I'm hoping this easy fix would be why. =]

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I have noticed that I will not get notifications for OOC notes in particular. For example, someone will sign up for my RP in the sign-ups thread. I will do a OOC comment on that post, and they will reply at a later time, but I will not be notified if they do another OOC comment. This means I have to keep checking individual posts to see if my OOC comment is responded to. This isn't just happening if the OOC comments on posts are in quick succession either.

Hope that sheds some light on something that is causing me trouble in particular!

the OOC can not be changed unfortunately. This is something that is "by design". The author of the original post will only receive 1 notification per person posting OOC. We suggest using the OOC tab rather than the OOC system if you are looking for more advanced notifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back