Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay, my good sir.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom Days

Devil Summoner
     I believe there's been an awful lot of, shall I say, douchebaggery on the site as of late. Sometimes, not necessarily whilst Rping, but in the social aspect, too. You know the kind of people I'm talking about ¬¬  . I feel, this may reduce the amount of  metagaming piecies of- people who act like this. It's kind of like that GM project, but for players not game masters. So, what say you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
=P 

So you mean how players should act towards other players? Like a guide? You have any examples you want to share of what you don't like?

Well, to start off certain players seem to have a sense of elitism. That people with better grammar and diction are better than those without. There also seems to be a constant struggle to 'win' an RP. For example a certain RP I play in which everyone is a lesser god and needs to ascend, a lot of people seem to just want to ascend and not build the plot/world. The RP just started, but I feel if this keeps going on, it may be detrimental to the RP as a whole.

Well, to start off certain players seem to have a sense of elitism. That people with better grammar and diction are better than those without. There also seems to be a constant struggle to 'win' an RP. For example a certain RP I play in which everyone is a lesser god and needs to ascend, a lot of people seem to just want to ascend and not build the plot/world. The RP just started, but I feel if this keeps going on, it may be detrimental to the RP as a whole.

I see. A guide can be made for that, but honestly, it won't fix the elitism. The only way to do that I see, is to make outstanding role-plays that EVERYONE can join. The elitist folk can step out, while everyone else has fun with what goes on. The key to this though, is to have excellent GMs running those role-plays. Barriers have to be broken down you know? 

I see what you want to solve, but it is going to be very hard. More than a guide on etiquette will be needed.

So, what do you think, personally. It's a nice start.

Personally, I feel yes and no. When I joined the site though, it was more, "If I don't know you, then we're not role-playing together." Lately however, I have seen what you're talking about. People being denied in roleplays because they are not sexy enough with their writing. I won't lie, an inexperienced writer can sometimes kill the joy of a role-play you're in. It's not a bad thing to deny them. On the other hand, inexperienced writers need practice and to grow too. If they are willing to learn, denying/criticizing them keeps them from getting better.

When it becomes snobbish, that's when there's a problem.  <---This is what you mean right? That is the part I don't like. I personally haven't seen too much snobs around.

As for trying to win the RP;  :D . That you can't escape BB! There will always be people trying to win the RP. You just need to have rules in place that keep them power-playing. You need to have a strong GM that pays attention to prevent that.

It would be a good start!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back