Nocturnals 2e: The Good

Dragonmystic

Here's the place to review the great things about Nocturnals in their 2e incarnation. It can be as simple as "I like this aspect" to an in detailed review of everything.

---------

I love the Nocturnals. They're a fully-fleshed out splat with all their flaws and benefits laid out. I love their focus on probability, alternate universes, and their temporal shenanigans.

Their typical carefree and hopeful demeanor is great, especially in contrast to the dour and overworked Sidereals.

The story of Nox and his characterization is great, how to expand from a single paragraph in the Sidereals book to this entire book is fantastic.

I love the detailed firmament. It would have been so easy to overlook an entire land: the sky. It gives both a feeling of empty desolation (you're not supposed to live in the sky), yet full of interesting places to explore.

I always liked their characterization as frustrated adjuncts and advisors, for some reason. I really like the metaphysical underpinnings and themes, and I've got a fondness for Attribute-based Exalts. They're one of the most wildly imaginative additions to the setting I've ever seen.

Personally, what attracted me to Nocturnals was just how far out their charmset was. It's the same reason I'm fascinated by Sidereals, though arguably Nocturnals get to be even more arcane.

I like the Alter ego charms and the magician martial art.

The fact that these guys are so hard to predict, even for themselves, is something I like. Almost makes me think that a Solar would be easier to defeat in combat. Yeah I don't like perfection all that much. Far too predictable.

I'll second the Alter Ego charms.

The other thing I loved was Renewal and the Charms that influenced it. I loved the change it brought and the ideas it gave me.

Also, it(along with a couple other charms) let me play the Doctor, which was freaking awesome.

don't forget the charms inspired by Nakor the Blue Rider(Riftwar saga). primarily the charm that lets you manipulate bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back