No Paradise For Gods (Accepting New Players) - Rules

Sovereign

We Glorious Fallen
Rules, Expectations, and Formatting

NPFG will remain open until otherwise stated. If you wish to enter after the RP has commenced, send me a PM.

Expectations

This is an detailed RP and it is expected that you will make at least one post a week in the thread.

My standard for 'detailed' is a post of at least 3 paragraphs (five lines each).
Sometimes it is necessary to facilitate a shorter reply, but I won't accept any posts less than 2 Paragraphs --that is ten lines without consideration for spacing.

This is designed to be a long-term roleplay, which means that characters
will get hurt and there is a very real possibility they might die. You are expected to play what is conducive to the story, and it is ok to play what you are comfortable with. If there are concerns, PM me. Alternatively, if you would like to have a subplot you would like to pursue PM me so we can discuss it. Please note that for the good of roleplay cohesion, I may deny your request for a particular subplot.

If your fail to post for 2 weeks
without notifying me of a leave of absence or difficulty showing up, you will receive a warning PM. If after this warning you do not respond within 72 hours, your character will be removed from play in whatever method I see fit. If you receive a warning and come back, that is a strike against you. If you receive three strikes, you will be removed from the roleplay.

If you have been tagged in a post for character interaction, please try to respond within a day or two. If circumstances make this impossible or slow, notify the group/tagger in the OOC section that you will be delayed.

Collaboration

I encourage all players to interact heavily with one another and weave plots and subplots together; however, this means there will be a lot of posting. If you are doing a lot of posting for a scene with an individual player away from other players, please take it to PM. When the scene concludes and you intend to rejoin/interact with others, gather all your PM posts up and post them as one or two mass posts for the In Character thread.

Collaboration is a large part of roleplay, so it is important that all players act in a reasonable and mature manner. Just like real life not everyone is created equal. Some characters have military training, some do not. Some are in positions of power, and others are impoverished. That does not mean that one character should be beating all of the others down. No character is invincible, and no character plays the same role in the story. Work with what you have and make the best of it. The object is a fun and interesting story, not victory.

As this is not yet tested and balanced, some mutations may end up stronger than others by virtue of the system. However, if your mutation ends up becoming too powerful or roleplay-breaking, it will be nerfed. This is not to be controlling or overbearing, but for the good of all players and to keep the roleplay interesting and the enemies challenging.

Be respectful of other players and keep In Character from spilling Out Of Character. Characters can hate each other and act generally despicable, but do not let that bleed Out Of Character. This is a game, and only a game.

Romantic content is allowed, the characters are people too --they have wants and desires like anyone else. Try not to let it bog down the plot though. If you are RPing with your romantic interest for a while, take it to PM as not to clog up the thread --you can drop a synopsis of it later. Follow RpN rules of no explicit content; fade to black if necessary.

Posting Format

When posting, please have your character name and current location as a header to your post, and tag who you're interacting with after the post content.

Example:

John Doe

Docks in The Span

(Post Content)

@Tagged Person

If you've read all of these rules, please include the word 'cashews' in your character profile at the very bottom.

Note: Credit to @Shura for utilizing some of her ideas and formatting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back