• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

No country for old threads?

Action Replay

Bringing Dynamic to Entry
Being in an rp thread that has a missing ST, I began to wonder how long a time a roleplay could be inactive before it got shipped off to the archives or graveyard. Whatever you wish to call it. Looking around, I was not able to locate anything about this. Am I just missing something perhaps? Or is it just when an admin feels an appropriate amount of time has passed?

*This is not in any way a complaint or request. I wondered how much time our unborn exalted game would have before it got shipped to the retirement home.

While it's not anything official, I can say one of my games went nearly two months without activity in the main thread before it was archived. I keep hoping to bring it back, but never can find the time to dedicate to it.

The official unofficial written unwritten word of @The Administration (I honestly forgot if it's written anywhere) is that once 30 days go by with out a post in your game, we will archive your game at least that is what we've been doing for the past few years, sometimes it gets us a bit more to realize, so in cases like @gatherer818's game, sometimes we miss it and they last longer.

It is one of the things getting automated and properly documented with the new site redesign and functionality coming soon.

Though, users will be able to unarchive their own games with a simple click, so there is that.

Also after automation, archived games won't be taken out of the list. Instead they will just sink to the bottom as no story teller has re-opened them to posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back