• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug No 'align center' option?

Darkmaster006

roleplaying is fun!
So I've just noticed there's no option to 'center' something, at least for pictures:
1644451695475.png

As you see, only left, none, and right are present. Of course, I've centered it with BBCode, so the option should be visually present also, but it isn't. I've also noticed you can't write after a picture (like I'm doing now, which I'm doing in BBCode mode) in visual mode, the cursor just won't get to the last place in the text no matter where you click or if you go with the arrows. Any ideas? Hope these two issues can be fixed.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but that middle align icon looks like it's "center" to me. Did you try using it and fail to get the result you wanted? I was working in my workshop earlier and typed text just fine after placing an image into the editor (with the RTE enabled). So, I'm wondering if maybe we should play around with different images to make sure it's a consistent problem or just user error.

The three solid lines in the middle there I believe is the Justify option, it essentially makes sure the text perfectly spreads from left to right to fill the entire given area. I'm not entirely sure if this works for centering images or not. As a temporary solution, what I recommend doing is copying the image's link and putting that link between an image code with a center code on either side.

For example,
Code:
[center][img]https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/1644451695475-png.956707/[/img][/center]
becomes

1644451695475-png.956707

Aside from that, as Chordling mentioned it would be best to test with multiple images to see if it's a consistent issue and perhaps we might figure out the cause.

Chordling Chordling Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe
The icon in the center is the 'none' option, literally says 'none', might be justify, but it literally does nothing to the picture. As for the work-around, yes, I've done it already as indicated in the post, thanks anyways, but the problem is that one should be able to do it visually.

To test, I'll add an image here in this post and see what happens. I will now make a video which will show you what happens.

You can see the video here:

The bug is pretty hard to pinpoint since it happens and does not happen even under, presumably, the same circumstances, as you can see in the video. The 'non-aligment' is easy, as the option just isn't there, and there's a 'none' option but no center nor justify.

Same thing happens (referring to what happened in the video) if I provide and image with a link. Apparently, if you write just after it has been pasted/placed, it will let you, after it, it will usually not let you and then let you write after who-knows-what happens.

Last edited:
So, based on the title of this thread it seems you're having trouble locating the "Align Center" option in the tools.

Here's a pic for your convenience of where it is: Cap.PNG

If you want the image centered, don't click on the image. Click the space before it, and use the above tool I showed in the picture I've provided and the image will be centered automatically (along with anything to the right of where you clicked)

To type after the image, click outside the image on the right side. If you look closely you'll see the flashing mouse typing line thing (I have no idea what it's called, obviously) and you can press "Enter" a few time to see the typing line move down the page while the image remains exactly where you placed it.

Cheers!

The center option only seems to be absent from the “select image” options. I’ve also still been able to type text after inserting an image, too. Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 do you still have trouble with that?

2qZxLBy.jpg
I have inserted this image through a link (by URL). When the image is inserted through an URL, writing after it is possible easily (that is, just moving the cursor, or with the arrows, everything works). The 'center' option is still not available, though.

h0WXYcK.jpg
This image has been inserted with the 'Drop image' function. This one is trickier. There seems to be a bug where you can't get the 'typing thingy' (that I've been wrongly calling cursor and have no idea what it's named, but it's the line that appears to tell you where you're going to write) after it in some instances. After you click BBCode and go back to Non-BBCode, though, you can write after it just fine. You can also, of course, go to BBCode, write after the image, and you'll be able to write after the image in both BBCode and Non-BBCode after that. The 'center' option is not available either.

@@GojiBean Thank you for the help, but I have no trouble centering images, as you can see. The problem is that the function should also be present in the menu when you click on the image, but it isn't. I mean, I'm saying it probably should be, because if it weren't, it'd be a poor design choice, but maybe it's just how the new theme functions, just doesn't seem logical to me so I label it a bug.

@@Chordling Thank you for your help. Would you care showing me your menu when you click on an image? The 'center' option is not showing in any image, be it 'select' or 'URL' for me at least. As for typing after inserting, it's still tricky, I can do it, but as I've written up there, there seem to be moments where you just can't get the 'typing thingy' to appear after it: for example, when you insert an image, let's see:
oqnxRcJ.jpgthe cursor appears exactly after the image, so as you see, now I'm typing after the image I've inserted just now (this one with the planets), that I've simply dragged and dropped from my home directory. But what happens when you insert and image and decide, for example, that you don't wanna write something after it at the moment, so you click 'left arrow' to get the 'typing thingy' before the picture and then you click 'up arrow' to get the 'typing thingy' up, at the paragraph just above the picture. You write something and then, let's say, you do want to write after the image, what happens? Well, the 'typing thingy' won't budge and won't move to a position after the image, is this understandable? I hope so. That is exactly what is happening right now, so I can't write anything after the picture that is below this paragraph (unless, of course, I hit BBCode and come back, or just write in BBCode). This is all shown in the video.

WXBkgVa.jpgNow I've toggled BBCode on and then off, and the 'typing thingy' has, weirdly, when I turned it on, appeared after the image, even though it was before the image when I was in visual mode; then I turn it off, so I'm in visual mode again, and the 'typing thingy' is present after the image, so I can write what I'm writing right now. I know this is pretty convoluted, but if you follow the steps I've outlined, you should get to the same outcome, which is in itself a bug, since one should be able to write after the picture even if one has not written anything when one first pasted it and instead has chosen to go back to previous paragraphs.

(I've just discovered the if you, after not writing after the picture and getting the 'typing thingy' back to a previous paragraph, you click on the picture, you can write after it. So there's a bug only with a specific set of things you do, which is still a pretty big bug. Let me know if you can reproduce my bug or if it's just me, and sorry for the long text haha.

Attachments

• h0WXYcK.jpg
    h0WXYcK.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back