• Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)

• Samus Aran (Metroid)

• Total voters

AgentFire

Alright, so, this may have been asked before, but if not, I'm here to ask it now. Which is your favorite of the main three Nintendo Girls. We have Princess Peach of Super Mario Bros. fame, Princess Zelda of Legend of Zelda fame, and Samus Aran of Metroid fame. I'm going to post a poll if you just want to cast your vote and move on, but if you want to discuss why which one is your favorite, which one is your least favorite, whatever, feel free to post down below. I'll admit right now, my favorite is Samus Aran. A. She's a badass. B. She's hot. C. Having played a lot of Metroid games recently, I've found just how much I enjoy playing as the tough, hot, bounty hunter. Where as the other girls just seem to lack these things. Sure, Peach and Zelda are attractive in their own rights, but they are hardly badass. Although, I'll give points to Zelda, because she is nowhere near as bad as Peach. But anyways, this is just my opinion, and again, feel free to agree, disagree, or just share your opinion down below. Thanks!

If we're going to discuss the hotness of Nintendo girls, then we should be talking about Epona, not Zelda. That is one gorgeous horse and I demand to know why she's not an option in your poll.

AgentFire said:
Alright, so, this may have been asked before, but if not, I'm here to ask it now. Which is your favorite of the main three Nintendo Girls. We have Princess Peach of Super Mario Bros. fame, Princess Zelda of Legend of Zelda fame, and Samus Aran of Metroid fame. I'm going to post a poll if you just want to cast your vote and move on, but if you want to discuss why which one is your favorite, which one is your least favorite, whatever, feel free to post down below. I'll admit right now, my favorite is Samus Aran. A. She's a badass. B. She's hot. C. Having played a lot of Metroid games recently, I've found just how much I enjoy playing as the tough, hot, bounty hunter. Where as the other girls just seem to lack these things. Sure, Peach and Zelda are attractive in their own rights, but they are hardly badass. Although, I'll give points to Zelda, because she is nowhere near as bad as Peach. But anyways, this is just my opinion, and again, feel free to agree, disagree, or just share your opinion down below. Thanks!
Nothing wrong with being young, but you can't be much older than 18 if this is your opinion. Samus Aran is a certified badass, sure, and thankfully your valuation of her appearance doesn't detract from her character. But the zero suit is a relatively new thing - most people only learned about it through SSB Brawl.

What I take issue with is your opinion of Princess Zelda.

• After her kingdom is usurped by Ganon, she disguises herself as a Ninja, subverts his rule, guides Link through the temples, helps Link escape from Ganon's tower (he is powerless against the barriers) and actually restrains the Warlock and allows Link to strike the final blow.
  • Literally possesses divine powers.
  • Can teleport, cast fireballs, transform, etc.
  • She's also pivotal in the final Wind Waker battle. Her accuracy with the Light Arrows are a big reason Link manages to beat Ganon.
  • Heck, if we wanna talk Hyrule Warriors, she literally destroys ARMIES with her magic.

I'd argue she's a bigger badass than Samus.

And if we're talking appearance, her design in Twilight Princess is phenomenal. Graceful, realistic, elegant. I'll take that in a character over 'hot' any day.

PS. Nintendo Girl is kind of a crap way to refer to pivotal pop culture heroines. But hey, its your thread.

I voted Samus. I always thought Peach was lame. Even as a kid, when I didn't give a flying peep about societly cliches, gender roles and stereotypes, I just thought the princess in distress was pretty lame. Like, she didn't do anything... And she didn't look cool either. And then, to top it off, in the Party/Kart/Brawl/Etc. games she had a really annoying voice. So yeah, always disliked her.

Zelda, I think she's cool, but I never really got into the Zelda games and only played one or two. (which I deeply regret, but eh... Can't do much now)

Samus, I think, is the coolest. I like futuristic stuff, she does really, really cool shit and to top it off, her design is awesome. Her suit is awesome, her physical design is gorgeous and she's truely cool. Plus, as a nice bonus, in a way she was kinda groundbreaking. A badass alien slayer that wasn't - AT ALL - girlyfied back then was pretty neat.

No Midna

no Tetra (technically Zelda, but better)

no best goddess Palutena

no lyndis from fire emblem

>>>>No life

why even live

0/10 no voting

@Ursus Honestly, I haven't played as many Zelda games as I should. When I said she wasn't as bad as Peach, I knew they both did things other than just the typical princess in distress. But yeah, she's pretty badass too. I'd say, now that I've actually had your opinion, I'd put her and Samus on an equal level. I still say Samus is hot, but indeed, I do love TP's Zelda design. My favorite, by far. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, other than how you did, because you said it so well. And as for the name, I wasn't sure what to say, since Samus isn't exactly a princess.

@simj22 If you read the opening paragraph, you'd have read me stating I was only using the main three. Yes, this did exclude some games, and characters. But I'd rather that, then put everybody in, only to have somebody come and say "U suck, u didn't put in [insertnamehere]"

What is the criteria of 'main three' though? Zelda isn't Zelda for all the games, for instance. Just reincarnations, and she doesn't follow a cookie cutter role for most of them.

Peach isn't badass? She can bowls over even Ganondorf with her literal ass in Smash.

If anything, Palutena should be at least considered, mainly due to her actually existent personality that your 'main three' lacks in several areas, and as a major character for a pretty popular game back in the day. Samus may have the whole badass thing going for her, but the reveal that she is female seems to have put her on the scale where it's the focus of every game after that. "She's a lady, yup, that's why she's so badass, because all the other men can't keep up with her." seems to be the intent of her existence past the reveal of her true face. Peach has clearly shown that she is capable of fucking over competitors in Smash, with her own magic. If anything, it looks like she willingly gets kidnapped by Bowser just to lead Mario on a wild goose chase. Zelda, on the other hand, is confusing, because there are so many Zeldas. Best Pirate Tetra, Best Reverse Trap Sheik, TP Zelda with the amazing bow of light and the horseback sequence, Minish Cap Zelda who does nothing but get turned into stone and is Link's best buddy since childhood, etc. etc. Every incarnation of her is also flat as hell. "Damsel who is actually pretty badass, but also one in distress" is her role.

Both Peach and Zelda also don't take front roles in their games, usually, just as a macguffin to move the plot forwards most of the time. Mario looks for Peach, realises she isn't there, keeps on going til he finds her. Zelda does something, or gets kidnapped, or gets possessed, etc, and you have to do something to rescue her and Hyrule.

Again, I vote Palutena as the best Nintendo grill, because she's ALWAYS there by Pit's side, or at least acts as his Mission Control 24/7, usually. She's funnier than Samus' perpetual stern expression, shatters the fourth wall beyond recognition, is an actual goddess, super hot, and actually has a personality you would actually like, and you would actually want to see in a real life person.

Sunbather said:
Samus, I think, is the coolest. I like futuristic stuff, she does really, really cool shit and to top it off, her design is awesome. Her suit is awesome, her physical design is gorgeous and she's truely cool. Plus, as a nice bonus, in a way she was kinda groundbreaking. A badass alien slayer that wasn't - AT ALL - girlyfied back then was pretty neat.
See. These are the reasons I like Samus as a character. The revelation that Samus was actually female was still a recent revelation when I started gaming. It was a pretty important thing. Because everyone took her badassery for granted. She was loved first because she was a badass, not because she was a 'strong independent woman who didn't need no man'. Thus, her gender was essentially unimportant.

AgentFire said:
@Ursus Honestly, I haven't played as many Zelda games as I should. When I said she wasn't as bad as Peach, I knew they both did things other than just the typical princess in distress. But yeah, she's pretty badass too. I'd say, now that I've actually had your opinion, I'd put her and Samus on an equal level. I still say Samus is hot, but indeed, I do love TP's Zelda design. My favorite, by far. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, other than how you did, because you said it so well. And as for the name, I wasn't sure what to say, since Samus isn't exactly a princess.
I was obviously in an antagonistic mood last night. But yeah, that's a fair response. Don't let me change your mind. I never start a disagreement expecting to win someone over.

@Ursus Well, you won me over xD But honestly, I do think part of the reason Samus got so high on my list, was because of my recent playing of Metroid games. Just the other day, within a 12 hour time period, I beat Super Metroid with a playtime of 3:07 and 87% rate of collecting items.

Because, by putting more, I'll more than likely miss somebody, and somebody will get butthurt, saying, "You have all these, but you don't have her?!?"

I suppose that makes sense

But I think maybe having the poll was a bad idea to begin

I change my mind! Obby Mable is the true winner

mabel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back