• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Nights: Character Sign Ups

Solosgar

Human:

A member of the human race. Completely unaltered or unadulterated by robotics in any way, shape, or form. Your life is up to you to decide.
darius-kalinauskas-character-concept-art-scifi-cyberpunk-male-female-2k.jpg

Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Allegiance:

Burai:

A soldier to the core. Cyborgs with the power to turn the tide of battles. Yet once you have undergone Shoujo, there is no turning back. You will die a soldier.
Unknown-1.jpeg

Find out more about Burai here: Nights-Burai

Majoran Burai Soldier Positions:
1. Unit- These are the basic fighters. Under command of all. Unit is followed by an 8 digit code, which becomes their password, name, and everything in between. Promotion can be achieved if they show their worth in battle. All Units with Keikaku Units use two swords, one sword and one shield, or two shields.
2. Sergeant- Another basic unit. Each Sergeant commands between 5 and 15 Units. The last 2 numbers of their code are removed. They are allowed to replace one of their Keikaku Units with a standard laser blaster. Promotion can be achieved if they prove themselves as an effective leader.
3. Captain- A higher-up unit. They generally have command over 5-10 Sergeants, aka 25 to 150 Units. They lose another 2 numbers on their code, and can switch their Keikaku Units to any of the following:
-Sword
-Laser Blaster
-Shield
-Claw/extra hand
-Taser
Promotion from Captain is difficult, but a skilled individual with a talent for flattering the higher-ups can achieve it. The highest unit I will accept sign-ups at unless I assign an individual to a special role.
4. Knight- The first of the middle-ranked units. Above the Captain. They generally command around 10 Captains (50 to 100 Sergeants, 250 to 1500 Units). They lose yet another 2 digits from their code, and in addition to the mentioned Keikaku Unit attachments, they can also receive chain saws, cutting lasers, and flame throwers. Promotion only gets harder from here on out.
5. Lord- They control 5 Knights each (1250 to 7500 Units) and are granted the chance to use buzz saws, rocket launchers, acid blasters, and freeze rays. Almost exclusively Class 6 or 7.
6. King- The first high-ranking unit. Each King controls 10 Lords (12,500 to 75,000 Units). They are given supplemental Shoujo in order to make them stronger. Their code is completely removed and replaced with a name of their choosing. The entire process is known as the Coronation. Their Keikaku Units are upgraded with just about any weapon in the arsenal of humanity that they desire.
7. Ruler- Each Ruler commands 5 Kings (62,500 to 375,000 Units). There are 3 of them, and they have the strongest power level of almost any unit. They are gods on the battlefield.
8. Emperor- The reclusive leader of the Majoran forces. Commands 3 Rulers (The entire 965,720 Units of the army). Their identity remains unknown. They have never been seen on the battlefield before.

Name:
Nationality:
Burai Class (or approximate strength):
Burai Position (if in Majoran army, see me for details about the Resistance ranks):
Burai Features:
Allegiance:
Mask (if part of a resistance group that allows customization, currently none do):
Appearance:
Backstory:

Original Thread: Nights (Solar System RP)

Last edited:
Quick question: if my character is just a normal, unaugmented human EVA engineer, can I use this photo for his appearance? I tried to get it to fit the asthetic.
551_max.jpg

Quick question: if my character is just a normal, unaugmented human EVA engineer, can I use this photo for his appearance? I tried to get it to fit the asthetic.
View attachment 364901
Cosmic, feel free. That looks good. Don't forget that average humans use exo-suits to enter space. While the military uses more sleek, armored versions, it's likely that you would have something of that sort.
Skulzor, you have too many weapons. Allow me to describe what a Burai's normal kit consists of:
-1 short range weapon
-1 long range weapon
-Appropriate number of Keikaku Units (in your case 4). Note that all Class 6's start out with 2 swords and 2 shields as their Keikaku attachment.
And don't forget that Burai are more humanoid than that. They are normally completely covered up, and they look like normal soldiers except for their masks.
Another thing is that I'm realizing that I need to implement military classes. There will be a certain limit to how high up your character can be and what they can get in each rank.
Please allow me to edit that into the upper post before posting anything else.

(Just to let you know, I’ve seen this thread. I’m just gonna go over the lore and rules, and then I’ll post a CS.)

Cosmic, feel free. That looks good. Don't forget that average humans use exo-suits to enter space. While the military uses more sleek, armored versions, it's likely that you would have something of that sort.
Skulzor, you have too many weapons. Allow me to describe what a Burai's normal kit consists of:
-1 short range weapon
-1 long range weapon
-Appropriate number of Keikaku Units (in your case 4). Note that all Class 6's start out with 2 swords and 2 shields as their Keikaku attachment.
And don't forget that Burai are more humanoid than that. They are normally completely covered up, and they look like normal soldiers except for their masks.
Another thing is that I'm realizing that I need to implement military classes. There will be a certain limit to how high up your character can be and what they can get in each rank.
Please allow me to edit that into the upper post before posting anything else.
Okay sweet, expect a character up sometime tonight (PST).

551_max.jpg
Name: Aleks Stratskovsky

Nationality: American, Ethnically Polish/Lithuanian

Occupation: Space Engineer/repairman, decent pilot, self-trained sniper.

Appearance: beneath the EVA armor and life support, Aleks has a rather square head, light blue eyes, and blondish/brownish hair. He was mildly muscular and keeps a very stoic and humble personality.

Armament: X-16 Railgun: fires a heated 65 caliber projectile from a 4 round magazine, very damaging, slow fire rate/cooldownSniper_Rifle.jpg
P-55 Pistol: fires a 10mm round from a 15 round magazine, low damage, high fire rate
hudson_h9_revealed03-675x450.jpg
Powered Exoskeleton (pictured in Appearance): Allows Aleks to navigate the vacuum of space, equipped with (illegally) modified thrusters, allowing him to move throughout the vacuum noticeably faster than normal engineers. the amor trades protection for mobility.

Backstory: Aleks was born in a Mars colony to a line of what once a proud american people, now stuck under the thumb of the Majorans. His family now served the people of the world as engineers and mechanics, repairing the odd civilian trade ship or minor corvette or destroyer. When the Majorans began their solar conquest, Aleks' notable skill and extensive knowledge of ship functions made him a prime conscription candidate.
He witnessed his first combat during a medium-scale battle, when he and the other unarmed mechanic conscripts where dropped into the combat zone to repair the ships, their safety and/or ability to fight was largely disregarded. His survival was ensured by the modifications he had made to his extra-vehicular exoskeleton, obviously under the nose of the sergeant that commanded his unit. His railgun was scavenged from the wreckage of said battle, after which he defected from the Majorans after seeing the treachery of their methods. Using a small attack ship he managed to repair in order to flee the combat zone, He fled to the only faction he encountered, The Void, which he still serves in the present.

Allegiance: The Void.

View attachment 365184
Name: Aleks Stratskovsky

Nationality: American, Ethnically Polish/Lithuanian

Occupation: Space Engineer/repairman, decent pilot, self-trained sniper.

Appearance: beneath the EVA armor and life support, Aleks has a rather square head, light blue eyes, and blondish/brownish hair. He was mildly muscular and keeps a very stoic and humble personality.

Armament: X-16 Railgun: fires a heated 65 caliber projectile from a 4 round magazine, very damaging, slow fire rate/cooldownView attachment 365187
P-55 Pistol: fires a 10mm round from a 15 round magazine, low damage, high fire rate
View attachment 365190
Powered Exoskeleton (pictured in Appearance): Allows Aleks to navigate the vacuum of space, equipped with (illegally) modified thrusters, allowing him to move throughout the vacuum noticeably faster than normal engineers. the amor trades protection for mobility.

Backstory: Aleks was born in a Mars colony to a line of what once a proud american people, now stuck under the thumb of the Majorans. His family now served the people of the world as engineers and mechanics, repairing the odd civilian trade ship or minor corvette or destroyer. When the Majorans began their solar conquest, Aleks' notable skill and extensive knowledge of ship functions made him a prime conscription candidate.
He witnessed his first combat during a medium-scale battle, when he and the other unarmed mechanic conscripts where dropped into the combat zone to repair the ships, their safety and/or ability to fight was largely disregarded. His survival was ensured by the modifications he had made to his extra-vehicular exoskeleton, obviously under the nose of the sergeant that commanded his unit. His railgun was scavenged from the wreckage of said battle, after which he defected from the Majorans after seeing the treachery of their methods. Using a small attack ship he managed to repair in order to flee the combat zone, He fled to the only faction he encountered, The Void, which he still serves in the present.

Allegiance: The Void.

Cosmic, approved. Feel free to join the discord, as can be seen on the original page.

• Name: Martin Skane
    Nationality: French
    Appearance: Tall, strong, ruggedly handsome even. Brown hair, light skin. Mostly an average guy, except for the inane amount of white scars covering his skin. Across his nose, up his cheek, down his back, around his waist. The man has been in a number of battles, and he has the proof.

6'2", 220 lbs

Backstory: Martin hasn't been around long enough to remember life on Earth, almost no one has at this point. All he knows is that there's a war, and he wants to win it. He doesn't hate the Majorans, but he doesn't believe that anyone should have complete control, and he's doing his best to fight it. His father died in battle when he was twelve, and he has no siblings. His mom is still alive, and he's doing this for her. His priorities have been thought through, and unless something radically changes, his top mission is to get home safe. He knows what it feels like to lose someone in a war, and so is very protective of his comrades, and will do anything he can to protect them in battle. No man left behind used to be a motto of the Earth's militia, now it's his mantra.

Allegiance: Bonsoir

• Exo-suit:
    More sturdily armored relative to other suits, and grants more strength. It is noticeably slower than other suits, and makes up for this with it's toughness. It comes with a helmet, which Martin normally does not use. He does use it in space, or other environments where the air is unfit for respiration. The

Claymore:
    Two handed massive sword, a heavy weapon that was used by knights in the medieval ages. This one has a heavy blade and magnetic handle, to deter aspiring disarmers. The point of the weapon is not just to cut and stab however; the sword is so heavy that armored targets will be faced with blunt damage. Of course, the most obvious drawbacks is that it's slow to swing and even slower to get in range.

Cyroblaster:
    The weapon looks like a futuristic assault rifle, and that's basically what it is. Instead of shooting bullets, it shoots a concentrated stream of borderline frozen hydrogen and water, cooled by liquid nitrogen inside the gun. The gun itself is powerful, but the safety measures aren't the greatest. After firing for too long, the gun can get dangerously cold to the touch, even on the handle and hand guard.

P229 Sig Sauer:
    An extremely old weapon used by the old Swiss and German governments. Reliable, compact, accurate, it's a smaller version of the P226. The gun itself is an extremely simple kinetic weapon, barely making a scratch in armor. However, it is extremely accurate, and Martin mainly uses it to damage objects, not people.

Shoulder-mounted Jet Thrusters:
    Built into the Exo-suit, limited fuel (extremely, like, 4 seconds), but strong enough to work even on planets with gravity like Earth's

Infrared goggles:
    For utility and intimidation. When online, they glow red, and can be used to view heat signatures through thin walls, or just open space. Of course, with the barely human Burai, the utility of finding people is sketchy at best. Weapons that have been fired recently however...

• Name: Martin Skane
    Nationality: French
    Appearance: Tall, strong, ruggedly handsome even. Brown hair, light skin. Mostly an average guy, except for the inane amount of white scars covering his skin. Across his nose, up his cheek, down his back, around his waist. The man has been in a number of battles, and he has the proof.

6'2", 220 lbs

Backstory: Martin hasn't been around long enough to remember life on Earth, almost no one has at this point. All he knows is that there's a war, and he wants to win it. He doesn't hate the Majorans, but he doesn't believe that anyone should have complete control, and he's doing his best to fight it. His father died in battle when he was twelve, and he has no siblings. His mom is still alive, and he's doing this for her. His priorities have been thought through, and unless something radically changes, his top mission is to get home safe. He knows what it feels like to lose someone in a war, and so is very protective of his comrades, and will do anything he can to protect them in battle. No man left behind used to be a motto of the Earth's militia, now it's his mantra.

Allegiance: Bonsoir

• Exo-suit:
    More sturdily armored relative to other suits, and grants more strength. It is noticeably slower than other suits, and makes up for this with it's toughness. It comes with a helmet, which Martin normally does not use. He does use it in space, or other environments where the air is unfit for respiration. The

Claymore:
    Two handed massive sword, a heavy weapon that was used by knights in the medieval ages. This one has a heavy blade and magnetic handle, to deter aspiring disarmers. The point of the weapon is not just to cut and stab however; the sword is so heavy that armored targets will be faced with blunt damage. Of course, the most obvious drawbacks is that it's slow to swing and even slower to get in range.

Cyroblaster:
    The weapon looks like a futuristic assault rifle, and that's basically what it is. Instead of shooting bullets, it shoots a concentrated stream of borderline frozen hydrogen and water, cooled by liquid nitrogen inside the gun. The gun itself is powerful, but the safety measures aren't the greatest. After firing for too long, the gun can get dangerously cold to the touch, even on the handle and hand guard.

P229 Sig Sauer:
    An extremely old weapon used by the old Swiss and German governments. Reliable, compact, accurate, it's a smaller version of the P226. The gun itself is an extremely simple kinetic weapon, barely making a scratch in armor. However, it is extremely accurate, and Martin mainly uses it to damage objects, not people.

Shoulder-mounted Jet Thrusters:
    Built into the Exo-suit, limited fuel (extremely, like, 4 seconds), but strong enough to work even on planets with gravity like Earth's

Infrared goggles:
    For utility and intimidation. When online, they glow red, and can be used to view heat signatures through thin walls, or just open space. Of course, with the barely human Burai, the utility of finding people is sketchy at best. Weapons that have been fired recently however...

Approved. A post will be made with Bonsoir lore soon.

I have seen the burai post and tweaked 656. Although I can't help but notice that you used Photoshopped Spartans from HALO.
Yes, I did, because they will be in all sorts of poses. That means it's much easier to create reference images. If I were to use some random, awesome-looking soldier on the internet, where would I get more reference images from?

Name: Hiroshi Nakamaya/Sergeant 87236665

Nationality: Japanese

Burai Class: 5

Burai Position: Pilot of a Cruiser that transports soldiers to battle.

Burai Features: Sergeant 87236665 has Keikaku Units. He has a laser blaster and a shield on his two units. He also has a small sword and a longer heated sword, but he only uses them in emergency.

Allegiance: Majora

Appearance: 7ACB89A8-C059-4FFF-8022-C0E21B456B86.jpeg

Backstory: Hiroshi Nakamaya was born in 2131. He could never have begun to imagine what his future would be like. He was born in Jupiter, and lived with his father and grandfather. In 2133, his father relocated the family to the other side of Jupiter, where Majora had not yet laid siege on. Hiroshi’s early childhood was spent there. However, when he was 7, Hiroshi’s father disappeared on a mission. His father served for Japan, but he rarely went on missions. A year later, his grandfather died of a sickness which he had had for years. Hiroshi had no family left. He abandoned home, and wandered around the near vicinity, living by stealing resources from others. But, around the time he was 11, resources became scarce. Hiroshi, fearing that he could have starve, ventured into Majoran territory in hopes of getting food from them. It went wrong. He was captured by Majora, and transferred to a prison on Mercury.

Hiroshi lived the next 10 years of his life in a Majoran jail cell on the planet of Mercury. He lost hope for his life, beginning to accept that he may be in the jail cell for the rest of his life. However, when he was 21, a Majoran captain made an offer with him. If he could serve Majora, he would be free from the cell. Hiroshi accepted the offer, thinking only about his freedom. For the next 3 years, he was trained as a Majoran pilot, learning how to fly a Cruiser and use certain weapons. At age 24, he entered his first battle. Hiroshi was sent to transport soldiers to Jupiter. He did this for a solid 4 years. When he became 28, Hiroshi came to a crucial realization. He became aware of the Burai that Majora had developed. They dominated on the battlefield, and overpowered the humans. A year later, he underwent Shoujo. Hiroshi Nakamaya became Unit 87236665, a Class 5 Burai Ninja. He continued to serve as a Cruiser pilot. At the start of 2162 (the present) he was promoted to the sergeant rank, becoming Sergeant 87236665.

Sergeant 87236665 still serves as a Cruiser pilot on Jupiter. He has been trying to change his deployment location with his captain, as he doesn’t like being deployed on Jupiter. Sergeant 87236665 hopes to be deployed on another planet or moon. When not being deployed, Sergeant 87236665 lives in a military base on Venus. But immediately before or after deployment, he resides on a Carrier shipyard. That is where his personal Cruiser is housed. In a battle, he boards the Cruiser, taking other soldiers on the Carrier with him. When he is going home to Venus, he leaves his Cruiser on the Carrier deployed at Jupiter, and takes his personal Hyuk to Venus. He is also talking with his captain to have his residential home moved to Mars, as it is closer to Jupiter. But as of now, his home is still on Venus.

EDIT (10/29/2017 6:58 PM EST): Change the word Cruiser to Battalion.
EDIT (10/29/2017 7:10 PM EST): Change the Code 87236665 to 872366.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back