• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nightmare Academy (CLOSED)

How long do you think this role play will last?

• One week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two weeks

• Three weeks

• One month

• Longer

• Total voters
Walking into the classroom, Maya's eyes widened seeing the room engulfed in flames. One by one, all her deceased friends and family came up to her. They too were engulfed in flames and most parts of their face were scorched and unrecognizable. If it was someone other than Maya, they would not be able to tell who was who. Maya did not move and watched as they all fell in front or beside her; their bodies turning to ashes. She stood in place waiting for more to come forward. Being an illusion casting demon, she was interested in how this hallucination would turn out since it looks to be based on her fears and memories. This class might actually be fun she thought. Unfazed, she walked over the ashes of her loved ones and towards what she saw were empty desks. Sitting down, she then rested her chin on her hand. Flames were still all around her and suddenly a masked man emerged from the fire and pointed a gun at her forehead. Maya recognized the man as one of the demon hunters who took the lives of her loved ones and tried to take hers as well. "Well, this is a little more intense than my dreams...Of course the demon hunters would be the scariest monster" she says staring straight up at the man holding a gun at her head. Since she had seen the flames, Maya knew this whole thing was not real. It was similar to her own dreams that haunt her every night. "If you want to trick a demon who specializes in creating realistic illusions, you're going to have to try a little harder"

Mr. Ysgrath

"Hehehe..."
Ysgrath laughed as one of the students messed with his gas mask. He snapped his fingers, and the writhing mass of fog returned into a vial beside him. He pulled his gas mask off, revealing his grotesque face, and shook his head. "Now I'll have to get a new one...oh well." The students that had been freaking out during the fog ceased in their coughing, and Ysgrath smiled at them.

"Hello, my students. That was simply an...experiment, with one of my concoctions. I had to see how it worked, and what it caused. I must say, bravo to some of you, once you realized they were illusions. Did they show you your fears? Some of your faces agree with me. Anywho, find a seat, and I'll begin my lesson momentarily." Ysgrath chuckled at the students and walked to the front of the room, raising an eyebrow at the trembling students. "Come on, come on, we haven't got all day."

@Oliverfan

@Aqua

@Stamper

@deadpool42

@general ostruppen

Liliana Blackthorn

Liliana had entered the classroom, noting the fog around her. Eyes showed up everywhere, laughing eyes. They surrounded her, words echoing throughout her mind. They were words of torment, of ridicule, of her fears. She had curled up on the ground, crying onto her knees, when the fog had suddenly dissipated, and the teacher's raspy voice rang through the room. She got up, shaking, and went to find a seat. Each of the seats were in pairs, one seat beside the other (be creative with whom you sit next to or whatnot, they can be your chat buddy or whatever during the humorous lesson). She sat at an empty pair, her tears having stained her cheeks.

@anyone

Gadgena

Gadgena had entered the room, puzzled. This gas...what is its purpose? Being the android she was, the smoke had no affect on her. She looked around at the students, watching as they all cowered in their fears, some of them yelling, some of them taking violent action. It was then that the teacher got rid of the smoke, revealing each student and their response to the smoke. She shrugged, then walked to an empty pair of seats, wondering who would seat themselves beside her.

@anyone

Umbra snorted, nodded his head and sat down. It would be easy to be angry at the instructor for this introduction to his class, but a similar training system was implemented by the order of hunter-warriors back home. In order to effectively bring fear down upon others, one must know one own's fear. This is especially important in the realms of nightmares where stray thoughts could result in accidentally creating your own fears rather than another persons and ruining the jourey into the mindscape.

Agiti and Yukari surprisingly sat on the opposite ends of the classroom seeing their fears made them realize that they run to each other for help all the time. They both figured they needed to learn to fight on there own without always needing the other. Yukari put her head down ready to go to sleep. While Agito was looking at Maya. 'I fell for such a simple illusion damn it she must deal with those kinds of things often to not be affected by it I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I see those monsters or anything else that seems like my fear.' He thought tapping his finger on the desk.

@Moonpaw @JenniPerson

(omg I'm really sorry I haven't replied @Anaxileah @Kidokun I've been busy with school as well as being obsessed with 3 new shows on Netflix. So lets just say i get patched up and I'm headed off to the next class)

After Blake got fixed up, he limped/walked into his next class, which was, he thought, going to be his favorite. This class was going to be very exciting and terrifying. He had covered his mouth, shut his eyes, and coughed as he stepped into the room, waving his other hand to try and clear the strange fog away from his face. 'What the bloody hell is this?' Blake thought to himself, and opened his eyes slightly and he saw faces all around him. Faces of those he had seen die while on the streets, those he didn't help because he didn't know he had the ability to help them. They were closing in on him, tugging at his clothing and his long hair. He had tried to swat them away, but he stopped as he was about to hit one of the faces of a young girl h had seen get shot once before. The bullet wound was still in her head...

"Why didn't you help me? You knew what was going to happen to me, so why didn't you help?" The girl's voice said. The other faces repeatedly asked the same types of questions over and over again, until they had come to the conclusion that he was just weak, as well as inhuman. They had started to close in on him more tightly, saying how emotionless, heartless, or inhumane he was. Blake had try to keep his cool, though the faces saw right through him.

"Oh, looks like he's a weak one, isn't he?" "Well there isn't any place in this world for the weak." Two other voices said. The illusions then started to act as if they were going to kill him, but just as Blake was feeling like he was going to pass out as the faces surrounded him completely, the illusions disappeared, and he was in the empty classroom with the rest of his classmates and Mr. Ysgrath. He sighed with relief and leaned against a wall for support. He had tried to keep a straight face, though it ended up looking relieved as well as terrified as well. First, he hated tight spaces, and second, he hated when others called him weak, or inhuman. He was trying his best to interact with others, though his lack of social experience made it hard for him.

Blake sat in a chair, with an empty one beside him. He held his hands up to his face and rubbed his eyes, and straighten his hair, which he had thought had been tampered with, even if the things he saw were just illusions. He wondered if maybe the kid he had fought with earlier would sit beside him, though it didn't really matter.

@anybody

Adam finally wandered into the class and looked around and saw the teacher at first and then eve cowering in her hands. This pissed him off a little as he saw the creatures fucking everywhere and causing mishap, he slowly makes his way towards the creatures around eve and politely gestures the creatures to move aside while lighting a cig. The creatures looked at him and just either snicker or laugh, after that response he pointed his finger to the closest creature, "hey buddy could you lean down here so I can share yah something." The creature at first looked at him confused and then got up on his face. This ticked him off even more and gritting his teeth without showing murmured, "I wanna give yah something." And as soon as he said that he swung his right leg straight up and swung down to the creatures head causing a loud cracking sound to echoe through the classroom. The creature looked completely disfigured and then fell straight off the seat that Adam wanted. "Don't worry he ain't dead, as he walked to his seat and looked at eve with embarrassment, "ummm yeah sorry yah had to see that."

@JadeWuvsCookies

zen put away his broadsword and uncovered his face sighing" what a nasty thing to do to your students....i like it" zen smiled as he walked to his seat . ' this class is certainly more interesting than i anticipated' he thought as he took his seat beside blake

@Oliverfan

(Well considering that we frankensteins keep improving our body with the power of SCIENCE and immune system..... Yes)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the seat that was by liliana and sat down. Shivering I didn't show my fear on the outside but the inside I was shaking. I peak around seeing that I'm not the only one that has the chills. This guy is crazy!

@Anaxileah

Blake looked over at Zen and pulled his hood down a bit more. He didn't want anybody to find out he had cried. He had never cried before, it just felt so weird and terribly humiliating, as if he didn't need more of that. "H-Hey." Blake said to Zen, hoping to make another friend. Well, he didn't know if Mika was his friend yet or not. He didn't even know what the process of becoming friends was.

@zenreaper

Surfruaa panted heavily as the fog slowly faded away, gritting her teeth with wide eyes. She shook violently as she stumbled between the desks, fresh tears still dribbling down her cheeks. The vampiress gulped loudly ended up sitting on the closest seat, which just so happened to be right next to her opponent from the previous lesson.

zen looked over to blake noticing he had pulled his hood on "oh hello there" zen said back 'who wears there hood inside' he thought' then again i wear my armor almost all the time too

@Oliverfan

Zero found herself coughing and was a little ruffled by the situation but once she could get in a nice breathe of air again, she took her seat without a word. There was no point in arguing over it now, it was done. She had survived it and to her thats all that mattered. As for the rest, she didn't know them and therefore didn't care. She had yet to make any real friends but that was nornal. It might have made her wonder if she had because that would have been strange. Zero found a seat in the back and waited for the teacher who wasn't exactly soft on the eyes to begin his lecture or whatever he had planned for the agitated group of students.

@anyone (I guess)

Eve looked up at Adam after his moment of being pissed off seemed to fade, covering her mouth with her sleeve "I-I don't think I saw much.." she whispered softly and pulled her legs into her chair and looked at Mr. Ysgrath, her eyes filled with curiousness but at the same time she was confused. Why would someone dare to do such a thing to another being? Even though Eve didn't understand it was probably because she was one of the.. Nicer? people you'd meet that had a nightmare form.

(Sorry guys, I'm a bit overloaded with homework today. Please forgives me! ^^')

"So... This class seems like it will be quite interesting." Blake said to Zen. "I mean, the teacher seems a bit out of it to test things on his students. Who knows what else will happen." Blake chuckled and pulled out a book to read while he was waiting for the teacher.

@zenreaper

zen nodded " it is indeed different from what i'm used to" zen knew what toxins were but never had he been affected by one before today he relized that he'd best pay attention in this lass it could help him to find new ways to execute his enemies without making noise or mess

"Well, what are you used to?" Blake asked, looking up from his book and tilting his head slightly, looking at Zen. He was curious about what his classmates were like. They all seemed interesting and pretty weird, but then gain, none of them were humans.

@zenreaper

well i'm used to magic,physical weapons like swords and guns and a few other things but i've never encountered anything such as toxins before " this much was true zen rarely used magic but h was familiar with it

@Oliverfan

Adam lighting his cig puts up a smile, he opens his journal and goes through the book for the creature he knocked out (hopefully it's unconscious).

Before even entering the room the toxins had already began to burn inside Mika's nostrils. Suddenly everyone was gone and a lone creature stood in the classroom. The beast raised its head, a pup laid limp and dead in its jaws. "Mom...?" he choked. He went into a cold sweat. This was a memory, it was apart of his past, but it seemed to be unfolding right in front of his eyes. The hound placed her young on the ground and began eating it. Mika gritted his teeth and balled his hands into tight fists. His eyes felt wet as he watched helplessly from the doorway. 'Why am I seeing her? Why do I have to relive this moment?" he thought. Finished devouring his brother, she looked a Mika with wild eyes, hungry for more. "I deserve this..." he whispered as she lunged herself at him. His eyes were shut tightly as he waited to feel pain, but the pain never came. He gasped and glanced around the room frantically. It was just a normal classroom, and all of the other students were still there.

The teacher made the announcement that it was all a test. He was fairly angry with his new teacher. It seemed almost too cruel to put any student through this. However, after further thought he considered that they'd need to understand their own fears to use someone else's against them. Brushing off his shoulders, he inspected the room for empty seats. Mika spotted Blake, but the kid already had a seat mate. He pouted, wishing he didn't have face anyone else. He brushed past Blake's seat and pat his head, "Uh, I hope your leg feels better." Since he wasn't with him in the infirmary he wasn't sure if Blake had gotten proper treatment. A girl in the back of the room had an open desk next to her. She seemed quiet enough, so he figured there wouldn't be much conversation to have to bother himself with. Mika took his seat with a grunt and placed a hand on his forehead and groaned. This class was going to be his least favorite.

@Oliverfan & @Stamper

Silently Umbra stood up from his seat and stalked over to Adam quickly taking the cigarette from his mouth and crushing it. He leaned over and whispered, The headmistress doesn't like people smoking anywhere on campus, she'll do way worse than what we just experienced if she catches you. Just a friendly heads up.

@general ostruppen

Mr. Ysgrath

The teacher chuckled as some of the students continued to look terrified they took their seats. Some of them looked angry, which was good, since that would be needed when they each fought their fears (so much is based off of Harry Potter xD boggart time, everyone!). He went to his desk, which was located at the front of the room, grabbed a thick leather book and dropped it from above his head onto the desk, creating a loud thudding noise that echoed through the room.

"Now that I have your attention, I will explain the purpose of today's experiment slash lesson. You will fight your fears, each and every one of you. If you cannot overcome your own, how are you to utilize others'? I will begin by picking one of you at random..." Ysgrath chuckled and looked around the room. One boy, wearing a hood, particularly annoyed him, since he couldn't see the boy's face. "You. Mr...Blake. You are first. Come on up." Ysgrath beckoned the boy with an evil grin upon his face.

@Oliverfan

@Aqua

@Stamper

@deadpool42

@general ostruppen

Gadgena

Gadgena looked to the seat beside her as the girl from earlier sat next to her, the one with the pretty hair. "Miss Surfruaa, are you alright?" Gadgena tilted her head to the side, wondering why the female would be trembling so badly. She thought that she should try helping, so Gadgena reached out a hand and began petting the girl, both wanting to touch the hair and calm the girl down. The teacher then slammed a book on his desk, mentioning the fighting of fears. What's a fear? She looked perplexed, unsure of what their assignment was.

@Surfruaa

Liliana Blackthorn

Liliana looked bored as Emily sat beside her, surprisingly not saying anything obscene. Liliana smiled at her faintly, then moved her eyes to the teacher as soon as the book dropped and sneered when he mentioned them fighting their fears. This isn't going to be fun.

@Moonpaw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back