News and Updates

It'll take some time, that is, with my character. Probably will be done by Oct. 7, if I'm real lucky.

[SIZE= 12px]But other than that, I'm currently trying to decide what Erik's really going to be: a morally strung farmer, or an ambivalent, violent sword-for-hire?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Or maybe both?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Pretty difficult to create a really meaningful character, I'd say.[/SIZE]

It'll take some time, that is, with my character. Probably will be done by Oct. 7, if I'm real lucky.

But other than that, I'm currently trying to decide what Erik's really going to be: a morally strung farmer, or an ambivalent, violent sword-for-hire?

Or maybe both?

Pretty difficult to create a really meaningful character, I'd say.

Who says he can't be both? He is in his forties, reasonable for him to have a violent profitable past. :)

True, true.

So, RP's going up in 10 Oct. Aren't I right?

That leaves me with a lot of time; just Erik and me, no interruption, no disturbance. Except for the family reunion. God, I would've hated them, if not for the food.

But nevertheless, I wanted to know what era is this RP's setting based on?

True, true.

So, RP's going up in 10 Oct. Aren't I right?

That leaves me with a lot of time; just Erik and me, no interruption, no disturbance. Except for the family reunion. God, I would've hated them, if not for the food.

But nevertheless, I wanted to know what era is this RP's setting based on?

I just put that in the world information. Early middle ages. Also it will start on the 7th. :)

Didn't you say no deadlines?

Reread my post. This is when I'm starting the rp. Any characters created after the start will get a prompt from a game master in order to jump in. 

I'm sure he meant that's when the Rp would start, and you can still create your character even after that. That's my assumption anyways.

Correct! ^.^

We lack cookies but we have coupons on air. :P

I'm extremely excited and would love to! 

I hope my character is good enough. Every one else's seems so amazing. 

But I look forward to rping and will save the date in my calender,  Mr. Wizard...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Huey so on Oct 15 onward I will be gone for a bit and will likely return in a week. During that time, it is highly unlikely that I'll be able to post anything. I hope that isn't a problem.

@Huey so on Oct 15 onward I will be gone for a bit and will likely return in a week. During that time, it is highly unlikely that I'll be able to post anything. I hope that isn't a problem.

Nope. You're good to go. That is plenty of notice. Do you want me to bring you in after you come back or do you want to have an IC excuse for the delay?

I'm extremely excited and would love to! 

I hope my character is good enough. Every one else's seems so amazing. 

But I look forward to rping and will save the date in my calender,  Mr. Wizard...

Awesome! I posted some feedback.

Nope. You're good to go. That is plenty of notice. Do you want me to bring you in after you come back or do you want to have an IC excuse for the delay?

I think it's better to wait till I come back. I'll notify you upon my return.

True, their light weight, coupled with their swiftness and lethality, proves to be quite the overwhelming force; if used by the right hands.

Let's not forget the Falchion here too, it combines the cutting force and weight of an axe, with the grace of a sword, making it one deadly weapon.

But the one I personally prefer are the arming swords, which were pretty much the most versatile, usable weapon during the medieval times. My second most preferred would be the bastard sword; simply because they look cool. 

Exactly. 

May I ask why you asked? 

I'm guessing it's for your character. And if so, mine uses a longsword ....

I presume you mean the black sword?

Well, isn't she too young for that? I mean, there's a lot of technique involved with using this type of weaponry. I mean, squires have to train with one for years — or decades, if they're particularly unlucky or their masters are exceptionally cruel —  to use them in the battlefield.

But then again, she probably went through the ropes of using them, by experiencing their true might.

[SIZE= 12px]Nevertheless, let me give you a small tip: You can probably see that knights in movies —and fictional stories — are gallant heroes, who also block, and parry, with their swords. Well, both of them are incredibly wrong. Blocking directly with the sword will cause its edge to erode, blunt and then eventually, crack; especially if it's a high intensity fight. To counter these problem, actual knights relied heavily upon evasion and dodging. 'Tis also a sad fact that the chivalry code is simply a myth; knights were most likely warmongering drunkards who extorted from their own people, and pillaged from the others. [/SIZE]

I do mean the black sword.

Yes, she may seem to be. But years alone can be spent usefully teaching yourself life lessons. Figuring things out on your own might work better than being taught.

Thank you for the information. Funny that it was something I knew. But thank you non the less.

Personally, I prefer the German art of fighting; with longswords, that is. No wonder, the German mercenaries were so effective.

But nevertheless, clubs are rather effective too, for they can breach any armour without the need of puncturing them beforehand.

[SIZE= 12px]Longswords are cool too. Despite their somewhat ridiculous height, they're surprisingly lightweight. Their balance of weight is also rather good, might I say. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Although I'm not too positively delved into the matter of swords, I still have an enduring connection with them. They're swords, after all; wholly irresistible, might I add.[/SIZE]

Although I'm not too positively delved into the matter of swords, I still have an enduring connection with them. They're swords, after all; wholly irresistible, might I add.

I know what you mean, even though they're not the weapon I'd choose to take to battle, there's just an inherent charm with them.

I prefer to fight with a bow or enchantments.  I'm not the best philosopher but, I am pretty good at hitting a target from far away. And if you have a poison tipped arrow, or even just an enchanted arrow, it's even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back